Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2016, 06:29 AM   #4719

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning, yawn coffee is brewing. Raining here also. My son stayed withe last night. We are still figuring out what we are going to do today. The rain may cancel the warbirds event at VA Beach
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2016, 08:38 AM   #4720

Good morning everyone coffee is great....

Been busy lately doing mods on the wife's new jeep. Now just trying to find an rv toy hauler to put it in the search continues. I hear that the FR work and play 5er's can carry up to 10 grand depending on the model....anyone heard about the work and play 5er's and have an opinion?

Well it's off to go to a wedding of a fellow that used to work for me....he's kinda goofy but there is no one I would rather have my back when the sh** hits the fan at work....he always has your back no matter how wrong you were....lol. it's a good thing that I never had to test that but comforting knowing it was there..

Have a great one and enjoy life...that's what it's for..

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:13 AM   #4721

Winnebago Owners Club
Well I posted our 1988 Itasca Sunflyer on Craigslist last night so wish us luck. Looking to upgrade to a DP sooner than later so might as well get it posted and sold.

Currently raining here about 55 degrees then it should get nicer as the week goes on. So far the holiday weekend looks not too bad for Western WA

Have a good day!
Old 05-21-2016, 02:54 PM   #4722

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
I think I'd need a BIGGER TRUCK !!
Hmm . . . . if Terry and Eleanor bought this and a bigger truck it would save space at the Meet and Greet. We could all stay with them. Just need one RV site and 30 parking spots for cars!!!!

I say . . . Are you sure you want to do this? Bigger truck or not!
Old 05-21-2016, 03:00 PM   #4723

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Gordon, that would be something ! I bet the campsite would love that .
Old 05-22-2016, 06:52 AM   #4724
bap

hmmmm,,,,MK,,,i think STEVE just found yer toy hauler....now if TERRY could just werk a little of his magic on it....

.....just sayin.....lol
Old 05-22-2016, 08:11 AM   #4725

Winnebago Owners Club
Well the old RV sold in less than a day posted on Craigslist. The new owners are picking it up tomorrow.
Old 05-22-2016, 08:35 AM   #4726

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning all. Coffee/cocoa good this morning. Spent last two nights at Brazos Bend State Park, SW of Houston. First time there. Like the park but with all the rain they have been having, the mosquitoes were voracious. I may have lost weight.

Traveling day today. Heading back to where motor home parks, at my sister's place an hour west of Waco, Tx. About 5 hours for me. I may stop and spend the night somewhere (maybe La Grange) if I get the urge. Not in any hurry.

Hope this day finds all well and all traveling be safe.

ronspradley

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:09 AM   #4727

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Bap, I would need the whole crew for that one . Octane, Congrats on the fast sale, whenever I sell anything that fast I think to myself ...........did I price it too low? LOL. Ron, safe travels. Cloudy here with a chance of showers , according to the weatherman it's going to get hot and sticky, (for here at least) middle 80's
Old 05-22-2016, 11:02 AM   #4728

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

A friend invited me to a 60th birthday party in rural Alaska yesterday evening. I knew it would be different when guests started arriving in mud spattered 4-wheelers with the guests male and female all wearing jeans, camouflage coats, and rubber boots. For once in my life I was probably overdressed. These were down home, back in the woods, country folks and the party was a great time. It was so much more fun than some of the snobby city soirées I’ve been to at various times in my life. These were really all good people and I had a wonderful fun evening.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 02:36 PM   #4729

Winnebago Owners Club
Well - this was our first camping outing of the season at home. The picture says most of it. Still a good weekend though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0070 Beiseker.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	127825
Old 05-22-2016, 03:11 PM   #4730

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geocritter View Post
Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s a cloudy day in Anchorage and it’s raining off and on. I guess the sunshine I brought with me from Arizona is beginning to wear off.

While in Homer I found the ultimate RV project (Jeff and Terry do I have your attention!!!) . Some crazy Alaskan turned a double deck railroad car into a 5th wheel, check it out.

And it’s for sale!

Steve

HMMMMM. Not sure I'd want to drag that down the ALCAN without making sure the chassis and tires were in tip top shape.

How are you guys and gals?

FINALLY sold the darn S&B. Thank goodness cause I'm tired of working on it. Everything from the drywall out is new.

Packing up and getting ready to make my 1st trip to OK. Then a fast turn around and back to Seattle for the rest before the closing.

So this is retirement eh? I'm going back to work!
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 04:59 PM   #4731

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello All,

Jay, we have been worried about you. Glad things are all right except being busier now that you are retired. I hear that from patient's all the time. Man, you have been gone a while. Need to check out "Good Morning Meet & Greet" thread from the beginning. We got plans.

Todd, glad the Sunflyer sold, wow that was quick! Now you need to find another prior to August 2017.

I got a call from my sister in Texas today. Her son died this AM from a heart attack. This is the 2nd son she has lost. Just don't know what to say or do in these cases. I can't go down there right now and she said not to come, but crap, I hate this. Second Nephew in 2 months. I have had enough already.

Talk with you all later. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 08:40 PM   #4732

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee is very good today!
Todd, Wow! That fast sale must make you feel great, and down, all in the same instant! Great that it sold fast, down, that you are without a MH! I know how that feels! How is the report from the inspector on the "new" one? Hope it checks out ok, and you get it!
Jay, glad you are ok and doing fine! Boy, do you have some catching up to do! Did you ever find the MH for you? Have a safe trip to Ok.
Lynne, so sorry for your loss.
Gordon, hope you did not wash the MH before hand! Looks like a nice place though!
Steve, those kind of people are the best kind, for sure!
Ron, glad you are having a good time, that's what its all about, if you are not in a hurry, you see so much more!
I made my famous red beans and rice in the crock pot yesterday! Had to do some changes to the beans, (pinto's for red) and (tenderloin for ham) I think it turned out better! I will have to make some for the "Meet and Greet"
Everyone have a great day! Rail!