Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2016, 10:07 PM   #4733

Winnebago Owners Club
It's a great feeling didn't want to pay storage for 2 RV's. Inspection this week hoping for Wednesday. Cleaned out the old one today and new owners will be picking it up tomorrow had to de winterize it so we could ensure everything was working.....

Sorry for your loss Lynne.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2016, 10:45 PM   #4734

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning/evening
Currently 74 degrees
Still at the farm enjoying the weather.
Got too use his new JD mowed for 6-7 hours yesterday and about 4 today. He says it only does 12 MPH but I think its moves like 20 MPH.
Lynn. sorry too hear the bad news. Hope you can make it to the funeral.
Gordon, what the heck is all that white stuff?
Going home tomorrow, its suppose to rain from noon tomorrow till Friday We have been having dinner on the pontoon and saw some Great Sunsets and moon rising
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 04:35 AM   #4735

Morning all!

Gosh Lynne, so sorry. I can't imagine losing 2 kids. That is horrible. So sorry!

Todd, I went through the same thing last year, our 5th wheel sold very fast. Congrats!

38 days left till I retire, however I have 7 vacation days in the next week so it should be pretty easy getting that number below 30. We are going camping for the holiday weekend, and I am off the following week to prep for the big graduation party.

I completed closing in under our porches with lattice yesterday, I am sore from all the crawling around on the ground, under the parches etc.. But it looks real niceo

Gordon, I'm know that snow was not a welcome sight.,,, other than did it help with the fire situation?

Tim, I have the same mower. It will cut a lot of grass in a short period of time. When the weather is cool I have to wear a jacket or something, engine behind you (no engine heat) and moving forward at 12mph will chill you quickly...... but the grass gets done!

Well, have a great day all! Off to work I go.

L.
Old 05-23-2016, 05:39 AM   #4736

Good morning everyone coffee is great. ....

Lynne so sorry for your loss....it may not be comforting but I know God doesn't put us through anything we can't handle no matter how hard it is. I truely believe that your strength inspires others that know you and you never know what your inspiration has saved them from. Stay strong, it's hard, but your an inspiration to alot of people even if you don't see it.

Had a great time at the wedding of an old coworker and was able to connect with alot of people that used to work with and for me....it was a great day....

Well have to get another cup and be productive take care everyone and be safe.....

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 06:07 AM   #4737

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is great this morning. Weather is about perfect, will be mowing most of the week to get caught up.
Lynne,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your sister. You know that we are here for you if and when you need a shoulder to lean on.
Jay,
Glad to hear from you, and that you got the S&B sold. Be safe on your trip to Woodward and back.
Octanefam,
Glad that you got the MH sold quickly, 1 less thing on the to do list.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 06:28 AM   #4738
bap

goodmorning my friends..

LYNNE,,, prayers to you and your sister...MK. said everytghing that i was thinking..GOD BLESS!!!!

TIM-LOYD,,,, it,s not how fast ya mow ,, but how well ya mow fast....lol

STEVE,,,sounds like my kind of people...we are down home folks here as well..

BOBBY,, congrats on the sale....

JAY,,,congrats on your sale also....and welcome to retirmnt,,...it gets crazy for sure...lol----remember if ya need a break from retirment walmart hires greeters...lol

RAIL,,,----you sure you want to camp next to a bunch of bean eaters,,ya know there magical fruit...lol

well,,,gotta get at it,,,everyone have a great day...stay safe everyone..

...jeff
Old 05-23-2016, 07:03 AM   #4739

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good morning everyone. Having coffee on the patio with a sunny 56 degrees. I have to get the coach ready to head to Wilmington on Friday.
Lynne sorry for your lost.
Have a great day!
Rooster54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:17 AM   #4740

Winnebago Owners Club
Lynne - so sorry for you loss.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:38 AM   #4741

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

I had a good time in Anchorage yesterday. It was a beautiful cool sunny day and my friend and I went out shooting trap and 5-stand at one of the local gun clubs. My 5-stand shooting, while nothing to brag about, was better than it’s been in a long long time and I was very happy shooting an unrespectable 50% at 5-stand. The last time I shot really well was in 2007 when I shot a 74% at sporting clays. That was before my life went into the crapper with cancer and financial issues.

I helped my friends wife build a rustic garden fountain out of a 1/2 barrel, pea gravel, a small water garden pump, and a piece of beautifully patinad copper pipe. At one time koi and water gardening was a hobby of mine so it was fun helping her put it together.

Wow Lynne, losing two children in such a short period. I’m not certain I’d be able to take something happening to just one of my kids. How heart breaking!

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:34 PM   #4742
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Lynne, Sorry for your loss.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:43 PM   #4743

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Afternoon Everyone;
Returned home from our weekend getaway. Snow at the campground but still had fun.

Got home to find we had 3 1/2 inches of rain while we were gone. Now waiting for the garden to grow!
Old 05-23-2016, 04:22 PM   #4744

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Jay, glad you are ok and doing fine! Boy, do you have some catching up to do! Did you ever find the MH for you? Have a safe trip to Ok.
Rail!
Yeah, just busy. Hasn't helped that the RE agents that brought people through have hired me to do work for them as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
G
Jay,
Glad to hear from you, and that you got the S&B sold. Be safe on your trip to Woodward and back.
Frank
Thanks. 1800 miles each way. Will sure get some miles in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post

JAY,,,congrats on your sale also....and welcome to retirmnt,,...it gets crazy for sure...lol----remember if ya need a break from retirment walmart hires greeters...lol
No kidding. I'm thinking some work camping. That way I dont get sucked in to other things. LOL
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 04:25 PM   #4745

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post

Jay, we have been worried about you. Glad things are all right except being busier now that you are retired. I hear that from patient's all the time. Man, you have been gone a while. Need to check out "Good Morning Meet & Greet" thread from the beginning. We got plans.

I got a call from my sister in Texas today. Her son died this AM from a heart attack. This is the 2nd son she has lost. Just don't know what to say or do in these cases. I can't go down there right now and she said not to come, but crap, I hate this. Second Nephew in 2 months. I have had enough already.

Lynne
Sorry for your loss Lynne. Never easy to lose a loved one.

Yes I do have some catching up to do, will check out that thread.

Missed you all a great deal.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:24 AM   #4746

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, another beautiful morning.
Jay,
The workkamping is a good way to go as long as you don't have to work 5 days a week and no more than 4 or 5 hrs a day. Any more than that and it starts to feel like a regular job.
Steve,
Sounds like your fantastic trip is continuing.
Gordon,
Glad that you had a good weekend, but I wish you would quit swearing like that with that 4 letter word(s--w), lol.
Lee,
Hope that you have a good trip and a wonderful weekend.
Later gang,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote