Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2016, 05:48 AM   #4747

Good morning everyone coffee is great this morning. ....Steve keep the pics coming it sure is beautiful up there....Jay just being able to want to workamp means your headed in the right direction...Rail sure wish ya were able to have a little more time over here to enjoy Mona sounds like she was good to ya...

Take care everyone

Nk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2016, 05:53 AM   #4748

Good morning all!

Beautiful day here today,,,, 53 when I left the house, headed to 80. Bright Carolina Blue sky!

Work today, ugh. But I have Friday off, and the following 6 work days. This weekend we head to Seneca, SC to the Seneca Fest. The Temptations are the main act in the evening concert.

Taking some friends with us, should be a nice weekend.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:27 AM   #4749
bap

gooodmorninng folks..

...blue skies over the bluegrass state with high of 80 !!! love it !!!

Lloyd,,enjoy the temptations..they are great!!--

well yesterday got started painting the scotty,,also starting to button everything back up on the interior,,----love when we start putting everything back in and get the new color on the exterior...never know what color debbie is going with..lol..always exciting--will post up pics when done,,i have taken a few before and during...
cath you kids latter,,,.....im gone !!!!
...jeff
Old 05-24-2016, 06:59 AM   #4750

Winnebago Owners Club
Well yesterday was successful the new owners of our 1988 came by and picked it up. Everything worked as I thought it would but you never know after it sits for a few months. They were very happy with it and they said it was the best one they found out there. I asked what others were like and they said water leaks and the musty smell. The only smell this had was the 1988 smell but it wasn't a bad smell After it was all done I was happy and they drove off very happy.

Have a good day all!
Old 05-24-2016, 08:32 AM   #4751

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning All;
Welcome back Jay. Great that the house sold.

Weather man was saying this morning that the rain we got in the last 4 days is 30% more moisture than the previous 7 months. I would hazard a guess that it is about the same as the previous year! Supposed to be cloudy and cool for the next few days. Not much for garden growing.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:33 AM   #4752

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good morning every one. Sitting on the patio having coffee. As you can tell I am a late riser but I am working the afternoon shift and don't get to bed until 2. Only for 212 more days of work. Well I better get going and plant the garden.
Have a great day!

Lee
Rooster54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:33 AM   #4753

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good Morning Everyone,

Enjoying my coffee and cigar. A bit overcast this morning but warm enough.

No idea if I will have time to "Work Camp" or not. Once the Liberty Farms Project is up and running I will be all over the country building greenhouse systems for the veterans in our program. May have time in between projects after the 1st 2 years. Right now we have 450 veterans that want into the program. Just need to complete the fundraising and get the training facility built. Man what a slog that is.

Once up and running I will be tapping you folks for your skills. These vets have some amazing stories to tell and I think you folks would enjoy meeting them and helping them set up their greenhouses.

As for it becoming a "full time job" it couldn't be any worse than what I have been doing for the last year I have had so much work from real estate agents doing remodel work for their clients it IS a full time job. In fact I have a small tile job today. Will be the last project before I begin the moving though. I hope to have everything moved and be in OK by mid June.

Patty wanted us to have a small place near her folks (in their 90's and mom is early stage ALZ) and the grandkids so we bought a small home 5 houses down from the children. She will be coming back to Seattle, (Lake Stevens for those who know the Seattle area) a lot, mainly while I am on the road building farms. It was either that or divorce

The house is only 5 yrs old so not a lot to do to it. She does want some flooring installed to replace the vinyl kitchen and carpeted family room. Pre-finished hardwoods there, so pretty easy. That house closes the same day as the one we sold and most of the furniture will go there. It's a good long term investment and it keeps DW happy.

Once things are squared away here I will be in OK for some time. We have raised enough funds to put in the infrastructure (well, septic, power and grading) at Liberty Farms so I will be focused on that. Did I mention 12 RV spaces? (a 70' one just for you Terry).

Then I will focus on getting my shop up on the other parcel just down the road and building our container home while continuing to fund-raise for the LF project.

Did I mention that I am RETIRED?

Of course the 4th of July 2016 party I had once planned is off this year. Not even sure I would be in OK then and nothing has been done to the property to prepare for it yet anyway. So next year just before the Meet & Greet and less than 300 miles from it, we will throw the big party. Madison Rising has agreed to play and we are working with the LT Dan Band on getting them there as well. If any of you are in the area please do stop by. If nothing else maybe you can swing by and see what we are doing going to or leaving the Meet & Greet.

As you can see, much has changed/happened since I was a regular here. Now that the S&B business is just about over I will have more time to chat with ya'll. I think. At least a morning hello anyway.

BTW, here is our Seattle home on Zillow. Most of the pix are current, but the bathroom with the laminate counter has been redone as well as all the mill work upstairs. That travertine floor in the kitchen & dinning room was all hand cut to size and finished by me. The material was all 16x16 before I re-sized it to make this pattern.

So now you are all caught up, I think.

Have a blessed day
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:33 AM   #4754

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning, coffee is good, yesterdays Brew.
So we came home yesterday because they were forecasting rain rain rain, and the only way too get in and out of my spot @ the farm is dirt and with rain you get mud. I use the old tractor path down a small hill to get too it and I don't think I would make it out once its wet. We really could use it though. The farmers fields are pretty dry, and so is my lawn.
The strawberry's in the garden are just a blanket of white blossom's and each one will be a berry. I'll post pics once I become a supporter again.

Gordon,
Calling for our reservations tomorrow, someone from Yuma called yesterday but no message... Maybe a reminder.
Welcome Newcomers,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:54 AM   #4755

Winnebago Owners Club
Great news Tim and Joe.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:37 PM   #4756

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening All,

Wow, the weather here in MI has sure turned beautiful! Sunny, 86, and windows and doors open. Love the fresh air!

Off for the next 6 days. Sure am going to enjoy that. If we had our MH back we would be working on it but they still don't have the window back yet. We dropped it off on April 27th. Do you think (like I do) that this has gone on longer than necessary? So darn frustrated.

Lee, Down to less than a year and if you think about the days you don't work, not long at all now. Have you heard about the "Meet & Greet" thread? check it out and see if you are interested.

Well, will see you all tomorrow. Have a great night! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:04 AM   #4757

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
No coffee, well maybe a cup
beamisl,
A month, I would have them put it back together and take it elsewhere. Didn't you say they could have it done in 2 weeks? That's terrible . Do they have a review site on there web site? Unless a miracle happens you won't have it for long Holiday weekend?

I pressure washed the MH today turned out nice. I have to replace my buffing pads before I can re-wax. They have years of use and are pretty well shot.
I have never used these before, because of knowledge, but what and how do you use different colored bars to Wax with I see them in the stores but never tried them
It's suppose to have rained Sun, Mon, Tuesday, and are forecasting rain today we have had a few sprinkles yesterday and that's it. It has been going North of Mpls. We sure could use it. My lawn is pretty dry if we don't get any I will have to start the irrigation system.
Any big plans for the big weekend.

Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 04:46 AM   #4758

Morning all!

62* here, can't find a cloud. We are forecasted to get warmer every day this week, through the holiday weekend. May hit 90 at some point in the next 5-6 days. That would be normal for around here, it has been a very cool May.

Lynne sure hope you get your coach back soon. Get to use it in the better weather you are having.

Was over the neighbors last night, he is away on business, she has a 6' black snake in the chicken house eating the eggs. Couldn't get the darn thing it is up in the rafters. Had her 410 shotgun ready,,, but didn't want to put holes in the roof! LOL Left the door open, hopefully it left during the night we annoyed it a lot. Or if we can catch it down on the floor......

36 more days till retirement,,,,, but only 19 of them work days!!

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:04 AM   #4759

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, weather even better, 90*plus for highs with lower humidity, a nice breeze to go along, lows in the upper 60's to low 70's.
Lynne,
I would talk to them and find out what is going on, then maybe turn the tumbscrews a little to hurry them up.
Lloyd,
The countdown is getting to the nitty gritty.
Got to run, later,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:32 AM   #4760

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee on the patio, love watching the Orials flying in and out. Well I need to get moving and pick up the coach. Stupid EGR went out right before the trip. I guess that's a good thing at least I wasn't on the road.

Have a great day!

Lee
Rooster54 is offline   Reply With Quote