Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:42 AM   #4761

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Another beautiful sunny day heading to 80+ degrees! Great first day of vacation! Coffee was pretty darn good too.

Jerry talked with the guy about the MH. He sent the glass out and it hasn't come back YET. I E-mailed him (so I had it in writing) and asked who dropped the ball. He said that sometimes things like this happen and he is sorry. If it doesn't come back today he will go get the window, fix a temporary glass and get it back to us tomorrow until our window comes in. Apparently it was sent out to one guy for new glass to be cut and then to someone to "gas" it between the panes. He clearly knows we are at the end of our rope. I took this week off to work on the rig. We have work to do and need it.

From now on I will forgo MI and get the work done in Indiana. This is the 2nd time the delays have about drove me nuts.

Well, have a nice weekend. Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2016, 07:43 AM   #4762
bap

greatmorning folks....

ROOSTER that is goodluck...way better than on the road..

going to be another wonderful day here,,temp is going to be 73 not 83 like they said awsome working weather..--just about have the scotty all painted..but still need to plumb her up and build the new interior,,

as far as gardens go ..our corn and beans are all up and the tomatos are blooming..
a wondeful sight to be seen...lol

well gotta get goin....
stay safe my friends..
...jeff

Old 05-25-2016, 07:48 AM   #4763
bap

LYNNE,,, i hate your having this problem,,,,reminds me of one time i took a jeep in to have the fram welded up and a lift installed,,(i was working so much i had no time to do it myself),,they said it would take a month ,,it took 13 months....this was the last time i shipped out that kind of work...lol----
imbarasing story...but true..
Old 05-26-2016, 07:07 AM   #4764
bap

goodmorning my friends..

raining here this morn. but the temps are very comfy..---think i will crawl in the tt and listen to the rythem for awhile...may even drift back to sleep ...lol

...jeff
Old 05-26-2016, 08:01 AM   #4765

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Little rainy here today too but considering the farmers have been planting I am sure they love it. Sun is out right now so should get things growing real good.

Coffee good this AM. Supposed to get the MH back today. Window supposedly came in yesterday and they are installing this AM. Will see.

All take care, Lynne
Old 05-26-2016, 08:28 AM   #4766
bap

LYNNE,,, sure hope so....about and just in time for summer fun.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:46 AM   #4767

Winnebago Owners Club
Good news Lynne.

Raining here as well. Just enough so we cannot go out to mow the lawn. Mowers are ready, Janet and I are ready, just need some sun.

Good news is they say all of the farmers were able to complete seeding. Unfortunately only cooler temps and showers in the Ft McMurray fire. Hopefully the rains will hit them before too long. Firefighters from as far away as South Africa are coming to fight the fire.

Jeff - have a great nap. It is good to take a rest once in a while.

Have a great day!
Old 05-26-2016, 08:51 AM   #4768

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good morning all, what a great day shaping up. I need to get going to work on the MH for my trip to Wilmington.

Have a great day.

Lee
Old 05-26-2016, 09:59 AM   #4769

Well it seems I'm finally released from the black hole of disappearing posts

After a round of lightning and thunder last night the sun is out and mid 70s today on the coast of the East Coast Alaska!

ZZPop...eye says....

It's Memorial Day weekend !
You all remember what Paul Revere said about that .........
"TO RUN , TO HIDE , THE TOURISTS ARE COMING , THE TOURISTS ARE COMING !"

Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh kuh
Old 05-26-2016, 10:03 AM   #4770

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Currently 68
beamisl,
Great news 2 days to stock her up and hit the road.
Man it rained all night and lighting, WOW got woke up @ 3:00 with a close bam, shook the MH and the sky lite up like daylight. Lily Came and laid next to me,!!!! My ferce little one.
Sun is shining.
Stopped by the auction house and was told someone was interested in the 64,got my hopes up but that was last Sat. and haven't heard a peep about it.
I have decided to stick some bucks in the PA. Haven't really found anything that we liked and she is in pretty good shape.
Wish list
Paint front and rear caps
Auto Levelers,
Bell cranks,
Superstear
New furniture and carpet
New air ride captains chairs .
Those should do it,
Now all I need is too win the Lotto.
Bought a Table top Ice maker yesterday and it really is working great. I'm impressed. Make 2 different size cubes.
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:26 PM   #4771

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello All,

The MH is sitting in the driveway. Finally. They discounted the cost of the window replacement by $140.00 for the inconvenience. I can live with that. It looks good and the best thing of all is when you are driving you can actually see the passenger side mirror.

Now we can get to work and get some things done. Plan on starting tomorrow.

Beautiful sunny day today with some high humidity. I love it though. After this winter I will take all the hot humid days I can get. Good for the asparagus too.

Hope you all have a good night. Take care, Lynne
Old 05-26-2016, 08:25 PM   #4772
cwk

Greetings everyone.

Lynne, Great news. Now you can start your own work on the MH.

So many others to follow what's going on. Generally good news all around, so that's great.

Building update: We "flagged" the location of the slab this afternoon. Tomorrow is site prep and slab forms. Then, the county will inspect it before the concrete pour. So, I don't expect concrete until next week. We may not meet my move-out deadline from the existing facility, but we do have positive progress. (I almost typed "concrete progress" but that would be too punny. ) If we don't meet the deadline, I will need temporary storage and a double move. But, I am keeping the long-term plans and goals in mind. This will be ok.

Well, time to get some sleep. I have lots of work to get done in the current place before we take a "moving break."

Everyone, have a great tomorrow (today when you read this)!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:30 PM   #4773

Good evening everyone....well it has been a very stormy afternoon and evening with dome places here getting 6 to 8 inches of rain. Just west of here there were several tornadoes as a matter of fact last night, Wednesday night, my and the wife went to Bryan/College Station and drove by the neighborhood that was hit by a tornado and then went down Hwy 6 where there was so much flooding that 5 18 wheelers rolled over closing the highway....kinda makes one think if only we had gone tonight instead of last night we would have been caught up in all that mess....prayers out to all the people hit by these storms...

Well yesterday after work I got the 5er prepped to take her to get her inspection done on Saturday but with all this rain I dunno if I can get her out of the yard.....with more rain for tonight and tomorrow we will just have to see....yard is pretty soggy

Well Lynne glad you got your baby back hope you have fun working on her I know I as lays do....

Be safe and enjoy life

Mk
Old 05-27-2016, 05:18 AM   #4774

Good Morning!

69* here, warm for so early. This evening we head out with the coach to Seneca fest, looking forward to it.

Lynne, cool on getting the coach back just in time! Get out and enjoy it.

MK,,,, gosh extreme weather everywhere,,, and you got some. Hope all remains okay with you guys.

I am off work till the 7th,,, then have 17 work days left!

Popeye,,,,,,

Do you know what this is * ?

Yup, a asterisk.

Also known as a "Nathan Hale"

Because Nathan Hale said, "My only regret is I only have one asterisk for my country!" LOL

Have a great day all, and enjoy the memorial day weekend. Hats off to you veterans!

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote