Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:43 PM   #477

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Good evening all,

This was my drive home tonight. Started this AM and is supposed to go all night long. High winds blowing the snow into drifts and I don't think I am going to make it to work tomorrow.
Does not look pleasant. Hope it blows over for you.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2015, 03:45 PM   #478

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, H&S nice "vintage" TT, thats what its all about. Bap, that always looks so good, what you and your DW did with that one is great. waiting for when you get the others done. Lynne, I agree with Gordon I would try to set up that video chat, I've done some training sessions that way and its like being there. Those's pics are what I'm going to see here tonight and tomorrow . Yuk. glad you got home safe and sound.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:55 PM   #479

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gordon and Terry,

I am off Tuesday and Wednesday and will see what I can do with a video look. There is also another at PPL (couple thousand more) that I would also like to look at. Not sure which I like better. Just would like to look at them personally.

Don't mind the storms when I am home. Hate it when at work and wondering if I will get home. I left determined to get home tonight and was a bit surprised by the amount of vehicles on the road but not by the amount in the ditches. Slow and steady my Dad used to say. If the semi's are going slow so should you.

This wind is going to cause some awful drifts by morning because we have some already across the roads. I will try to get in but if I can't get out of my drive or down the road to the HWY there is no way I am going in.

So, maybe I will be talking to you in the AM and can set up the video view a day early.

Have a great evening, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:38 PM   #480

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
what ya got there huntski,,,? any inside pics.

here is one of ours we redone this past summer
its a 1968 aristocrat land camandor that the dw and i done a total restore on..
Wow, yours looks great. Mine looks great considering the condition it was in when I got it. After new floor, stabilizing side wall and fashioning a plywood door, exterior paintjob, all plumbing removed, rewired some new lights and fresh interior paint , rebuilt booth, made new cushions, drapes and probably much more, it now serves as my deer camp sleeping quarters. Dry and warm! Thinking of selling and getting a little larger one with working shower and toilet. Currently using one in camp. Have turned down $500. Not sure what it's worth. When I explained it was more of a rebuild than a remodel they licensed it as homemade. No indication of what the original brand was.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:00 PM   #481
bap

thanks huntski, the dw and i love rebuilding these old tt,s we still have a total gut job on an ancient GO TAG ALONG , that ones going to take awhile, then we have a 66 holiday rambler the interior is a time capsul,,its like walking into 1966.well almost it needs a few little things but nothing major,,,but if you knew my dw she has plans,,,lol
i will do a complete exterior paint on it this summer..and i would bet u my last dime we will have at least 1 or 2 more before spring,,,the DW has her eye on 3 right now,,,just doing some price haggling...lol..

LYNNE happy u made it home my DW,s family up there in michigan have been texting pics all day,,,looks rough,,,your dad was right,,slow an steady just enough momentum to keep going and not have to slam the brakes......you guys are lucky you dont have the hills like we do dwn here,,,,took my dw a few years to learn about driving in the ice an snow dwn here...lol...
but all were getting is the rain all day,,so its been a great day for us to do our crafting....we like building rustic stuff out of old barn and fence wood..so it helps pass the time on these nasty days...

everyone stay safe...

and thanks terry for the complement...makes a guy feel good coming from someone like yourself....
Old 02-01-2015, 07:58 PM   #482

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bap,

I like doing crafts when I can find the time. I plan to work on some I started when I retire. I like quilting, needlework, and sewing. Knitting, crocheting, whatever I feel like playing with.

When our son was little and he had matchbox cars, he wanted a garage for Christmas. I looked at all available and could not find something that I thought a 5 yr old could play with without it caving in on him.. I thought he should be able to sit on it if he wanted but definitely run his cars over it and lean on it without worry of it collapsing.

I went outside to the shed and got several pieces of wood. I had a platform and carved two driveways into it so he could drive his cars onto the platform. I then built a garage and put his name on it. It had an office area, garage area for working on his cars, and parking on the side. I made a ramp to the roof and made a parking deck on top with all the appropriately painted details with leftover paint we had.

He opened it Christmas morning and screamed with joy cause he had a garage and it had his name on it. It is in my basement as I type. He is 42 yrs old and it still is as sturdy as the day I finished it. It took a lot of punishment so the paint is chipped and it has scratches in it. He and his friends sat on it, stood on it, dropped it, and had it in water and rain. The garages for sale in the stores were about $45 and worthless.

Glad my Dad taught me to figure things out for myself so I could do this. It is still one of my sons favorite toys. Hopefully someday he will have a son and it will go to him. Or maybe a daughter.

Have a good night and keep safe on the roads. Lynne
Old 02-02-2015, 12:54 AM   #483

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning, Everyone! The coffee is tasting good and hot this morning!
I am seeing all this snow from trucking buddies from IL. to Mich. And I sure am glad I am not in it! Looks like a heck of a storm! Lynne, be careful if you have to go out in it!
We are taking a short trip over to Chiang Mai for a couple of days, To change my visa, from a retirement visa to a marriage visa, and renew my drivers license. So if I am not on you all will know why.
Everyone be safe and stay warm! Rail!
Old 02-02-2015, 05:12 AM   #484

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, 2* and very windy this am, like most of the country now I am getting the snow, supposed to get up to 14". Lynne, those kind of gifts are the best, when your little you might not understand but with age it becomes something very special, I still have things my father made for me. Rail, your right the snow is all over and causing all sorts of problems, I'm glad I don't need to go "out" on the roads, I just need to clean it up. Stay safe all.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:35 AM   #485

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

I didn't make it to work this AM. Sitting here inside where it is warm and safe and drinking my coffee. I got up at 4 and looked at my driveway and thought (oh to heck with it). I don't call in much (8 times in 33 yrs) so I figure I could take the safe way out this morning.

The driveway was a mess, they hadn't plowed the roads yet and I wasn't sure I could get to the HWY. Then 32 miles of driving in it I just didn't think it was worth the risk this AM. So I am off for the next 2 days also and hopefully the roads will be clean by then.

You all stay safe and have a wonderful cup of coffee this am. Lynne
Old 02-02-2015, 08:26 AM   #486
bap

LYNNE, that is awsome and those chips and scrathes makes it priceless,,my grandmother which i called granny quilted,,,i loved everyone she made and even though im a guy i wish i had let her teach me how,,,we were exctremly close and she also was my best friend,,,,,she was always like the little granny from a halmark movie...lol...
glad u stayed home and not fought the roads,,,not worth ur life ..and we all know about some of those people out there,,,wow dont know how they make it on clear roads let alone on roads that take some thought and attention,,,,
only going to get to 32 today and were getting the left over snow u guys got up there as i type but it probably will only leave a dusting....but tommarrow we hit 50 again,,and were going to go check out another tt with original curly maple interior..
looks promising on the screen,,cant wait to see it in person,,,
everyone have a safe and warm day..
Old 02-02-2015, 08:55 AM   #487

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok so who sent this cold weather south? 23* wind chill 15* this is Arkansas, we've already had our two weeks of cold weather! Well at least the coffee is good. Had a 2yo grand nephew dropped of this morning, he's feeling fine, his normal sitter is sick. Man what a lot of energy.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:08 AM   #488
bap

gooood luck keeping up huntski,,,,lol...
Old 02-02-2015, 09:55 AM   #489

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bap,

Was it you talked about hands and typing? If so, put good hot water in the sink with Epsom salt. Soak your hands 15 to 20 minutes. This requires you having a kettle of hot water close to pour to keep it hot for 15 to 20 mins. Your hands should be better. You can rub the fingers and thumbs as you are soaking them. This moves the fluids out of the hand and allows easier movement. The heat eases the arthritis effect at joints.

There are hand soakers you can get that have an electric plug to keep them hot. If the sink or bowl works for you with easing arthritis, then you may want to invest in one. I massage patient's hands who have bad arthritis. Wish I was near because I could really ease that for you. We ever get together, I will show you.

Huntski,

One suggestion for the nephew, duct tape! Lynne
Old 02-02-2015, 10:37 AM   #490

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Bap,

Was it you talked about hands and typing? If so, put good hot water in the sink with Epsom salt. Soak your hands 15 to 20 minutes. This requires you having a kettle of hot water close to pour to keep it hot for 15 to 20 mins. Your hands should be better. You can rub the fingers and thumbs as you are soaking them. This moves the fluids out of the hand and allows easier movement. The heat eases the arthritis effect at joints.

There are hand soakers you can get that have an electric plug to keep them hot. If the sink or bowl works for you with easing arthritis, then you may want to invest in one. I massage patient's hands who have bad arthritis. Wish I was near because I could really ease that for you. We ever get together, I will show you.

Huntski,

One suggestion for the nephew, duct tape! Lynne
Lynne I like your thinking! Have tape handy!

Problem with above hand treatment would be standing at sink for 15 minutes hand in water, without needing to go to the bathroom! Lol