Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2016, 06:42 PM   #4901

Waxing the coach is no small under taking. I have not tried that yet, gotta think its a couple day job done right.

Been on the lookout for a air conditioner for the barn, if I got the temp down I might tackle a wax job. Too hot here now for that.

Lynne, glad you are all set on your glass. Sounds like you found a good place!

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2016, 04:50 AM   #4902

Good morning all!

59* here, headed to 90*.

Working from home today, no commute which is a good thing. Charlotte traffic on my route home last night was a stinger!!!

At about 3pm they closed I 85, as a tractor trailer involved in a multi vehicle wreck hauling Bee's was compromised and released the Bee's. The road was closed for 3 hours while they tried to clear the mess and deal with the Bee's who were less than happy. Bee Keepers were brought in to collect the Bee's. Traffic going the other direction was asked to keep their windows up!

About a year ago I watched a TV show about honey bee's, and the companies who rent them. They truck them back and forth up and down the coast year round,,,, to Maine to pollenate the strawberries, Florida for other crops etc. Farmers pay a fee and the bee's stay a few weeks to get the job done. Increases production considerably. As they are transported they have to be temperature controlled and fed.

Would hate to go through there on my motorcycle! Anyway, that story is all the buzz around here

Have a great day all!!!

L.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:17 AM   #4903

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning Guys and Gals, finally winding up on the apartment. Be glad when it is done! Hope all are well! Tommorrow is Sally's birthdate, don't know yet if she wants to take off, probably not as she wants out of the apartment as much as I do , and the girl that is moving in wants to get in as soon as possible. Well off to work we go , have a great day! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:21 AM   #4904

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, weather is hot and steamy.
Bap,
You and Debbie do remarkable work on those old trailers.
Gordon,
I vote for waiting on the wax, I know about doing all that work and then having it rain. I am usually lucky if I can get done with mine before it gets wet.
Lynne,
Happy that the windshield is done and correct. I agree with Gordon on what he said. Now you and Jerry can enjoy the rest of your trip, make sure to go to the RV museum, if you haven't already seen it
Lloyd,
Glad that the fridge was a quick fix. Only a couple more weeks of work, then the Honey Do list kicks in full bore, lol.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:00 AM   #4905

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
currently 52,outside and 65 inside, my new little weather station I just bought is working pretty actuate,
hang on I have to turn on the furnace, This is a sad state of affairs when you need the furnace on and its almost the middle of June.
If anyone knows why they would put a diffuser under one of the barrel chairs in the MH And I have to raise the skirting to let the heat out. don't get it.
Great pic's rail and Steve thanks for sharing. at some point I would like to go to Alaska. Steve I talked to a gal at the car show Sunday that's in our Caddie club, that built a house in Sera Vista (sp). Her and her husband, so they sold there MH built the house then he up and passed away. She invited us to come down to see her this winter. I'll have to figure out the millage from Yuma to her place. She is into cars like us and used to race um. I showed her a newer caddie that has 568 HP and a 6 speed automatic, and in triple Black
she says she would need a clutch to operate it. LOL
Took Joe to the S&B's yesterday with the 64 (boy I love driving that thing). the concours Alternator took a dump on us and not sure if we can replace it or not its a front wheel drive, and think the radiator would need to be removed to get at the thing. It took awhile to even find it . We'll see
The yard needs mowing and the roses are in full bloom (all 22 of them) along with all the Peonies, Irises. The Strawberry's are just loaded with berries. The 2 Pear trees and one apple tree have a ca-zillon fruits on them, going to have a bumper crop this fall if I can keep the kids out of the trees (of course I never did that). I remember the family across the street had 2 Crabapple trees that we used to raid they were tart but O-so-good.
Lynne. glad you got the MH fixed and fixed right.
Lloyd they are some big turkeys a couple of them have to be pushing 50 Lbs. They are a hoot (gobble gobble) to watch they have a routine everyday. They take a dirt bath in the Garlic garden, HMMM Preseason They walk all around the farm all day long. I tried a Turkey egg with dinner last night, it was made into a Devilled eggs, pretty good just like a chicken egg but bigger. As we used to say in the armed forces "your getting short" [I] have a feeling your going to like retirement. Joe and I sure do.
Boy the sun is out and shining ,no wind and the lake has small ripples. I got everything weed whipped and continuing to mow somewhere on the farm. We cleaned up the beach yesterday. Today I mow along the upper garden.
Happy belated Birthday to those with Birthdays, mine is coming up at the EOM
the big 61 this year.

bap, I keep forgetting to take some pics of the old ice house (TT) and another old one I think its a Prowler

Gordon I have tons of experience with waxing. Let me know if you need help, yours would be a dream because there's no Oxidation. Or I can bring mine and you can show me how too do it...
Thanks every one,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
ps 4 months too Yuma but hey whos counting....
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:39 AM   #4906
bap

goodmorning everyone..

thanks for all the kind words on our builds,, we try real hard and do the best we can to give them a new life...and it,s fun for us...--but i would love to have a hidden camera on us and then watch it afterwards....wonder how much it would need censored,,,,,lol

and to everyone that have had and are having birthdays---HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

LYNNE,, happy to hear the coach is all lined out..

LOYD,,,a motorcycle ride through a bee storm would bee a challeng to say the least..

GORDAN,,,if we all could get together to wax the rig wouldnt take an hour,,,hmm wax day !!!for everyone..

well i gotta run,,,will catch up with everyone a little latter---have an awsome day..
Old 06-08-2016, 06:56 AM   #4907

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was ok today, not the same as home but ok!
Well, we are back home in Lampang, and it sure feel's good! Vacations are nice, but something about relaxing at home is the best! Other than relaxing in Mona! We picked up the Ford Everest today, and the transmission is working as it should! Nice driving it back home! Ford stepped up, extended our warranty for 1 year, and 20,000 Kl's!
Everyone in Florida and the Gulf stay dry!
Lynne, X-3 on what Gordon said! Glad you got it fixed to your satisfaction!
Lloyd, if you do the "blow out" thing twice a year, spring and the fall, you should be trouble free! Do your furnace and the water heater too, all at the same time!
Bobby, tell Sally "Happy Birthday" from Jira and I!
Jay, keep looking, it will "Pop Up" There are some really good deals out there right now! Be Patient! Don't pay list for anything! PM me your search parameters, if you want me to look for you too!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 06-08-2016, 07:37 AM   #4908

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning Gang,

Still sitting at the Duncan CG. Was nice and quiet last night. Several coaches here as well as 5th wheels. Place has a lot of work to do.

There is one coach, a diesel that must have taken a real hard ride. Most of front end is gone, mirrors off, all down driver's side basement doors are middle of repair job, back end all bondoed or whatever they do with it. Entrance door looks like it was ripped off, safety handle hanging. Would not have wanted to been in that rig when this happened.

Bees are real important to farming and they have been transporting them for some time. I have a friend who has honey bees and we discuss the problems he has with loss after every winter. He has a farmer by him who is real happy he is there.

So, we will leave for breakfast soon, go to the RV museum and then come back to get the rig. and then head home. We were sure glad for the furnace last night as it dropped into the low 50's and it was comfortable with the furnace on. Working like a charm.

Happy Birthday Sally! Those of you in the storms path keep your head down and your rig on the ground.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:19 AM   #4909

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning all;
Having a great time. Today we prepare to go camping for the weekend. Leaving tomorrow morning. Meeting the group about 250 miles from here. First time Janet and I have been to this campground but we are looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Gordon,
I vote for waiting on the wax, I know about doing all that work and then having it rain. I am usually lucky if I can get done with mine before it gets wet.
Frank
Thanks Frank. Finally someone who agrees with me. However we need the rain so I think I will do a little bit of hand waxing after I finish the rough cut mowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Gordon I have tons of experience with waxing. Let me know if you need help, yours would be a dream because there's no Oxidation. Or I can bring mine and you can show me how too do it...

Tim
ps 4 months too Yuma but hey whos counting....
Tim - there is not much I will be able to show you and Joe about waxing. I have seen the results on your MH and watched the two of you clean up the Concours. Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
goodmorning everyone..

--but i would love to have a hidden camera on us and then watch it afterwards....wonder how much it would need censored,,,,,lol
BAP - we will have to talk to Terry and Popeye. Terry is really good at video and Popeye could do the sound. Now we just need a sponsor!!

GORDAN,,,if we all could get together to wax the rig wouldnt take an hour,,,hmm wax day !!!for everyone..

We could consider this for the meet and greet in 2017 but I will be too busy talking with everyone
So I have to get going. Want to get some waxing done after the mowing so sitting here is getting neither done.

Have a wonderful day. Drive safely Lynne and Jerry.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:54 AM   #4910

Winnebago Owners Club
Gordon, how do you wash and wax the roof of your coach? Do you climb on the roof or use ladders and scaffolds?
H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 01:14 PM   #4911

Winnebago Owners Club
Mike - I do a bit of both. I use a ladder for the front where the front cap slopes. Do not feel comfortable being on the fiberglass.

The rest I do from the top.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:26 PM   #4912

Gordon, your roof is fiberglass?

Our roof is rubber, we store in a carport so the sun only hits it when we are out. I hope it will out last our use of the coach. Last week I washed ours, we get so much pine tree pollen here the roof was yellow with it. I walk on it and scrub with the same brush I use to wash the sides, it cleans pretty easy. Of course I then have to wash the entire coach, as it runs down the sides and makes a mess of everything.

When you guys wax, are you doing it by hand, or with a low speed buffer?

L.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:58 PM   #4913

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Gordon, your roof is fiberglass?

Our roof is rubber, we store in a carport so the sun only hits it when we are out. I hope it will out last our use of the coach. Last week I washed ours, we get so much pine tree pollen here the roof was yellow with it. I walk on it and scrub with the same brush I use to wash the sides, it cleans pretty easy. Of course I then have to wash the entire coach, as it runs down the sides and makes a mess of everything.

When you guys wax, are you doing it by hand, or with a low speed buffer?

L.
Yes the coach roof is fiberglass. 5er is EPDM.

The 5er we just use a soft brush, gentle soap and lots of water and elbow grease. Not much stuff on it as it is kept indoors since we replaced it. Long story but I replaced it after we had the coach. It was a planned replacement as we were going to keep the 5er but a spontaneous fit hit us and we bought the coach. Sold the 5er today.

So far I am only hand waxing the coach with a cleaner wax. Once I get it really clean I am planning to power polish it with a random orbital but if it rains every time I wash it the task will take a long time.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:20 PM   #4914

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Gordon,
1st time we waxed the 5er with a paste cleaner wax, now I use spray wax every time I wash her. 2 to 3 times a year.
Sally,
Happy Birthday.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote