Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:29 PM   #4929

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon gang,
Charles,
We are doing good, the rain hasn't been heavy enough to wash anything out, so everything is good. The grass seems to be growing by the minute, but we have been staying on top of it.
Jay,
Don't forget to holler if you are in the Tampa area, we are only 50 miles north of there.
Gordon,
Have fun, and wash the coach when you get home, enjoy your time at the CG.
have a good afternoon all,
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2016, 08:56 PM   #4930

So,,, A pirate walks into a bar with a ships wheel in his pants..

The bartender is very curious why but realizes he risk possible death if he asks.

After all the pirate is huge and has an equally huge cutlass hanging from his belt !

After a few drinks he decides to risk it anyway.

"Excuse me Mr Pirate Sir , but I couldn't help noticing that wheel in your pants and I was wondering just how it got there ??????"

To which the pirate looks very angry and says..............................

(Edited for content and to fit in the space allowed)

You folks must wonder if I'll be writing with a Downeast native accent or in regular English so I thought I'd throw another variable in just to make myself that much harder to figure out !!

Old 06-10-2016, 08:57 PM   #4931

Good evening!

Have you guys seen this?

Why you should WAX your RV!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:23 AM   #4932

Good Morning gang,
Popeye,
You have me rolling on the floor.
Lloyd, good article.
Frank
Old 06-11-2016, 08:23 AM   #4933

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Coffee is good this am and another 5 day vacation almost gone. Can't wait to be retired. Jerry and I have been able to do things together that we can't normally do because I am working and getting the house cleaned is easier too. Soon, Soon!

Put the MH back in storage for a bit. Got stuff done and figured I better concentrate on things at home a bit. Need to paint in the bathroom and weed flower beds and other things that just seem to need to be done. Will be glad to eventually not have a S&B or find something smaller and less care. They take a lot of time.

Have any of you ever replaced your seals on your leveling jacks? Ours are apparently leaking and I imagine that will be quite a bill to have done. Or would you suggest replacing them completely? Not sure yet, waiting on a estimate from Duncan in Elkhart.

Popeye, you are something. Love your attitude. Keep it up.

Frank, Glad the weather hasn't hit you too hard.

My MH is fiberglass so can't answer the question on other surfaces but I bet Bap can. He redid an Airstream and the shine on it was amazing!

Bap, I agree that when it gets hot that I don't complain because all winter long I am praying for the Spring so it will warm up.

The article on waxing the RV was good information. I knew it was important after de-oxidizing mine there sure is a difference. There are so many products out there it is hard to know which one to use. I liked the McGuire's cleaning compound and the Zep wax. I'm sure each has it's benefit you just have to find the one you like.

Better get going on the things needing done or they won't get done. Next trip July 1st down to Ohio. Keep safe my friends and enjoy the summer.

Lynne
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:35 PM   #4934

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
So,,, A pirate walks into a bar with a ships wheel in his pants..

The bartender is very curious why but realizes he risk possible death if he asks.

After all the pirate is huge and has an equally huge cutlass hanging from his belt !

After a few drinks he decides to risk it anyway.

"Excuse me Mr Pirate Sir , but I couldn't help noticing that wheel in your pants and I was wondering just how it got there ??????"

To which the pirate looks very angry and says..............................

(Edited for content and to fit in the space allowed)

You folks must wonder if I'll be writing with a Downeast native accent or in regular English so I thought I'd throw another variable in just to make myself that much harder to figure out !!
Arrrgh Popeye, yer driven' me nuts!!!
Old 06-11-2016, 12:44 PM   #4935

Before someone points it out ......
I KNOW I already posted a lot of pirate jokes but this time I didn't add the punch line.

There were quite a few I never posted cuz the forum mods would make things difficult for me here !

AND everybody remember to mark your calendars ,
September 19th is
International Talk Like A Pirate Day !!!!!!!
AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH !
Old 06-11-2016, 12:45 PM   #4936

Goooodmorning all y'all!!!

I'm on a public wi-fi in Sicamous British Columbia. It's beautiful country and my next stops will be Mount Revelstoke and Glacier (Canadian) NP's and finally Banff where I'll be meeting up with my daughter for Father's Day (she's flying in from LA). Things are going well (knock on wood) and I've been having a nicely memorable trip so far.

Steve
Old 06-11-2016, 01:47 PM   #4937

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Jay,
Don't forget to holler if you are in the Tampa area, we are only 50 miles north of there.

Frank
Without a doubt brother. We shall see how things play out
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:05 PM   #4938

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Day;
Camping - Day 2 - rained overnight, morning cloudy and cool. Wind picked up. Gusts to 40. Enough that the coach gives a little shudder every once and a while. Played horse shoes. Lost my first game so I was out early. Janet won her first game so she got to play a second game. Interesting. I was able to throw a curve horse shoe. Unfortunately the curves mostly missed the pit!

Hope the wind goes down before we head home tomorrow. Mileage will be miniscule if not.

Have a great evening.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:01 AM   #4939

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Afternoon everyone! Coffee was good today!
I have not been on in a few days, and just got back home from Sukothai, which is a 700+ year old city in northern Thailand. Jira's family on her fathers side are from there, and we had a family meeting there this morning. It is a fun time, with 13 monk's giving us all a blessing, lots of good food, and catching up! This is the 3rd one I have been too, and the family treats me very well! It is fun to see all of the kids and how much they have grown over the past year! Everything here is going good, and I got my yearly letter from SS with a form to fill out, and mail back to them, so I will keep getting "my money"!!! I just love how they word it, and threaten to stop me from getting the money I paid into it all of those years, if I don't send this letter back! My friend that lives in Cambodia, did not receive his letter, and they stopped his checks, and it took him 2 months to get it sorted out! When you live overseas, it is a bit hard to jump in the car and visit the local SS office!! I am registered online with them, and you would think we could do this on their secure site, but that would be to easy, I guess? Ok, rant over!!
It sounds like everyone is doing OK, and that is a good thing!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 06-12-2016, 07:10 AM   #4940

Good Morning!

73* here, headed to 95*. Not a cloud anywhere to be found.

Lynne, sorry your vacation ended so soon, retirement will be here quickly.

Yes, there are more ways to wax a car or rv than you can count. I also like Mcguires, quality product. Use it on my bikes. I think if, or when I do our coach I would invest in the orbital polisher. A R has a lot of surface.

Rail, is the SS letter because you live out of country?

Not sure what I am going to work on today, but given the hot forecast I think I will stay in the barn. I got enough sun mowing yesterday.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:33 AM   #4941

Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, weather is hot and humid, but we seem to be adjusting well. Have been hitting the pool for about an hour almost every day when I finish work, so I have been getting my exersize.
Lynne,
Hang in there, retirement will be here before you know it. I am going to take an educated guess that you will have to replace the leaking leveling jack. From what I have heard from others, they are not rebuildable.
Lloyd,
I'm sure that you will find something to keep you occupied this afternoon, lol.
Rail,
That's one of the problems with the people running our country, they forget that the money from SS is ours and not theirs. They keep giving it away on disability and everything else except what it was meant for.
Jay,
Hopefully brother, a least give a shout when you are here, and we can talk on the cell.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 06-12-2016, 08:35 AM   #4942

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Lloyd, I haven't drawn anywhere but living overseas's, so , I guess?