Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2016, 08:01 AM   #4943

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning Everyone;
Day has dawned "sunny". Warming up quite nicely. Wind is coming up as well so it looks like the "ponies" will have a little more work in the way home. Been a great weekend so far.

Now I am off to help cook the Sunday morning breakfast. Then start packing up to head on home.

Have a great day.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2016, 08:17 AM   #4944

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Good Afternoon everyone! Coffee was good today!
I have not been on in a few days, and just got back home from Sukothai, which is a 700+ year old city in northern Thailand. Jira's family on her fathers side are from there, and we had a family meeting there this morning. It is a fun time, with 13 monk's giving us all a blessing, lots of good food, and catching up! This is the 3rd one I have been too, and the family treats me very well! It is fun to see all of the kids and how much they have grown over the past year! Everything here is going good, and I got my yearly letter from SS with a form to fill out, and mail back to them, so I will keep getting "my money"!!! I just love how they word it, and threaten to stop me from getting the money I paid into it all of those years, if I don't send this letter back! My friend that lives in Cambodia, did not receive his letter, and they stopped his checks, and it took him 2 months to get it sorted out! When you live overseas, it is a bit hard to jump in the car and visit the local SS office!!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Lloyd, I haven't drawn anywhere but living overseas's, so , I guess?
Living a charmed life brother.

I suspect the reason they do that is because of all the fraud. They want to make sure it is YOU that is getting paid not some scammer. Lot of that going on and since that system is going broke.....

So after lots of searching nationwide and a 2000 mile road trip checking them out what do I find in my own back yard (literally 10 min from me)? A 2004 Beaver Monterey.

Going over to look at it today. That vintage was produced by Monaco. Missing the TAG I wanted and only a 350 hp ISC. But for the right price I will take it and trade up later. Thoughts? PDF is the build sheet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	r640 (1).jpg
Views:	64
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	129917   Click image for larger version

Name:	r640 (2).jpg
Views:	85
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	129918  

Name:	r640.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	129919   Click image for larger version

Name:	r640 (4).jpg
Views:	54
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	129920  

Name:	r640 (3).jpg
Views:	72
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	129921  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TP16770.pdf (85.2 KB, 27 views)
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:34 AM   #4945

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Jay, that is a nice looking coach. If it is the floor plan you want then go for it. Looks like it is in good shape so maybe just coming to agreement on the price.

Beautiful day here. 90 yesterday and 76 today. Got to love this weather but anything is better than snow.

Next weekend is looking like a good camping weekend. Need to look and find a place close by so we have not much of a drive. Looking forward to camping.

Have a great one all, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:58 AM   #4946

Really a sweet rig there jay hope it meets all your needs....Floorplan, price, etc...she is a pretty one....

Hope everyone has a great day...

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:00 AM   #4947

Winnebago Owners Club
Jay - looks great. Jump if the price is right.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:41 AM   #4948

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, weather is hot and humid, but we seem to be adjusting well. Have been hitting the pool for about an hour almost every day when I finish work, so I have been getting my exersize.
Lynne,
Hang in there, retirement will be here before you know it. I am going to take an educated guess that you will have to replace the leaking leveling jack. From what I have heard from others, they are not rebuildable.
Lloyd,
I'm sure that you will find something to keep you occupied this afternoon, lol.
Rail,
That's one of the problems with the people running our country, they forget that the money from SS is ours and not theirs. They keep giving it away on disability and everything else except what it was meant for.
Jay,
Hopefully brother, a least give a shout when you are here, and we can talk on the cell.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Soooo I will be 61 EOM and have paid SS since my first job @ 16 besides a paperboy when younger, can't remember if I paid all those years or not. I am not sure why you think I can't collect on SSDI, I am became disabled 5 years ago. Trust me that I didn't want to go on SSDI I lost almost half on my wages going on SSDI. I would love to be able to work I loved my job and did it for 28 years. I would also love to be pain free but that won't happen either.
Please tell me what you would have done.
Oyea,
morning coffee is great this morning left overs from yesterday.
Going to put the 64 out by the hwy too see if I can sell it . That will be a sad day when she goes.
Started to wax the MH but only made it an hour. :banghead its going to be a long summer...

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 02:24 PM   #4949

Nice coach Jay! 2 slides?

That is a quality unit, should be good to go if taken care of. The lower HP motors tend to have a longer life. So I wouldn't let that bother me.

Well Frank was right, I figured out today was the best day to install the lift in the front of the Jeep. Part of the bumper winch upgrade, the Jeep dropped from the weight of the bumper and the winch. Anyway, it is done and the Jeep is level again.

95* here, I am done for the day. Came in here to the a/c.

L.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:01 PM   #4950

Nut
Wow another rolling palace , NICE !

So many of you people have those huge luxury rigs !

Mine is a little rolling turd compared to them ....
(that's not copyrighted by the movie RV , I said little !)

BUT , I can park (and drive) a gazillion places you CAN'T !
AND , It's a waste of time to wax mine .

BUT , you probably all get better fuel mileage than me (6mpg)
AND , just one of your storage compartments equal ALL of mine

BUT , I am boondocking fulltime on the coast of Maine.
SO , I'm going to get 2 lobsters and go eat them in my rolling turd.

I win ! (I know , not really but let me think so OK ?)
Old 06-12-2016, 06:13 PM   #4951

Popeye ..... lobsters are for winners!!!....

Your are a winner alright

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 06:27 PM   #4952

Winnebago Owners Club
Popeye - trying to say something witty here so here goes: WHO CARES! I certainly don't. I know some people who care about stuff like that but not well and not for long.

I believe it is the person and not their rig I chum with. We are all equal around the campfire IMO.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:37 PM   #4953

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon X2
Old 06-12-2016, 06:56 PM   #4954

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Popeye,

We love your heart and witty mind, we don't care what rig you drive. Seriously, the people here are not like that. Jay is looking for something comfortable and that is comfortable for him and he can afford it. Mine is paid for, how about yours?

There are people on here who have some real expensive rigs and we all see them. I just decided to not replace my carpet because the cost was ridiculous. I would rather spend that money on gas and CG fees then put in the new carpet. $4,000. No way!

So my friend, I don't care what you drive, turd or not, I just enjoy talking with you and I sure hope we meet one day. I hope to meet all of you.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:23 PM   #4955

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning, Everyone! Coffee is very good today!
Jay, the Beaver's of that age are very well made coach's! They are the same as a Monaco, just a different badge! It is optioned nice, and has everything but the tag! Make sure you weigh it full of fuel and half full of water, just to see where it comes in at! And make sure all the systems are working as they should! The most important is the Hydro Hot, (same as the Aqua Hot?) as they are expensive to fix! Good Luck! And for the letter from SS, and the fraud thing, you are probably right!
Everyone, Have a great Day! Rail!
Old 06-12-2016, 11:55 PM   #4956

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well that rolling palace was pretty cheap. Only 69K asking price. I went to see it and drive it but.... Another couple was there making an offer. Or I should say paying full boat. I was only going to make a $60K cash offer good today only.

Too bad for them though. The previous owners were doctors that liked to go skiing and the NEVER washed the underside after being on those roads. Can you say RUSTY? After seeing that I wouldnt give them 20K for it.

As for "Floor Plan I Like" darn hard to find. I want the galley up front and they have never made a lot of those.

Going to see an older Magma tomorrow, 2hr drive away. Private sale. Pix look good and they are not skiers.

If that doesnt work out I may just go buy the Bounder 36J down the street and say the heck with it, redo the inside myself (its nice, just dated) and trade up later. SMH
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	01414_4ShYEbftbop_1200x900.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	130062   Click image for larger version

Name:	00N0N_eXgvHFQAMJy_1200x900.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	130063  

Name:	00n0n_8cmP4BkyVXc_1200x900.jpg