Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:38 AM   #4957

Good morning!

70* this am, no clouds to be found. More heat expected, going into the 90's. I saw 97* yesterday.

Popeye, it is not about your rig. I agree with Gordon. Bring what you can, bring what you like. Hmm, lobster sure sounds good!

Work day today, 17 days, 10 hours, 22 mins and 23 secs to go!

Have a great day all.

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2016, 06:34 AM   #4958

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Tim,
I am sorry, I didn't mean to insinuate that one doesn't deserve SSDI. There are a lot of people that are using it the way it was supposed to be used, and I am sure that you are one of them. I am talking about the ones that are on it that are along for the free ride, because they don't want to work. Again, I apologize for the insult and I will try to communicate my thoughts better next time.
Jay,
Hope that you can come to terms with one of those coaches, they look nice.
Have a great day all,
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:29 AM   #4959
bap

goooodmorning my friends,,

perfect morning here in ole kentuk..waiting on the heat of the day to finish removing the 100 gallons of tar the po put on the roof of the metzendorf..lol--anyone have an easier way of removing it other than heat,plywood scraper, and minerial spirits,,using wood scraper so i wont scratch the aluminium roof,,-

JAY best of luck on the coach hunt,,those are some awsome looking rigs i must say..
but if ya dont find one before you want to go camping im sure i could throw a little tt on the back of your truck for you to use..--just a thought..

POPEYE,, you wouldnt fit right in anything other than an old pirate ship,,i would love to build you a rig,----for real !!

everyone stay with it.... dont pass out,,lol--

jeff
Old 06-13-2016, 08:21 AM   #4960

Morning Everyone! Hope all are well. Doing finishing touches on the first floor apartment, granite kitchen tops coming in the morning tommorrow and the young lady that is renting it wants to move in Wed. Just to throw my 2 cents in on the ssdi thing , my brother John got bone cancer and they took his right leg, then his shoulder and they gave him $65.00 a week but insisted he come back every 6 months to verify his disabilty was permanent , like maybe his leg would grow back! He finally told them to stuff it as it was hard for my mom to get him to the examinations. He's been gone for 30 years, he didn't contribute much, but my mom and dad did and when my dad died at 62 1/2 he never got to cash his first check! Damn, i'm gonna be 61 in a couple months, hope I fare better! Be well everyone, Bobby
Old 06-13-2016, 10:45 AM   #4961

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good Morning Gang!!

Coffee is fresh, hot and delish. Weather is cool and wet. Not the best for looking at coaches, but the clock is ticking. Just showers but enough to make everything wet.

BAP - I appreciate that offer brother. Camping isn't my goal, having something to live in in OK is the goal as well as something to haul my trailer full of goods. I am moving my entire shop of tools to OK. Lots of heavy tools like metal working machines, woodworking machines, construction & mechanic tools.

Just for the record, looking back on the thread, Lynne is right, most of us here could care less if you're rig is a Hillbilly shack on the back of an old pickup or a brand new Prevost. It's the folks in it that matter. But yes I have been looking at upper scale 10yr old+ Class A's because I will be living in it and driving it all over the country eventually pulling a stacker. Need it to hold up to FT, constant travel and be able to pull 10K+ lbs of trailer without beating it to death. I also dont want to spend more than I have to for the task. So new is out for me.

Man some of these folks want way more for their coaches than they are worth frankly. The dealers here think they have something made of unobtainium and prices reflect that. Seen a lot of abused rigs at premium prices and when you point out the flaws they just say "Its a used coach". Yeah well 25% over top NADA for a bucket just dont fly with me but I guess lots of folks dont know any better and pay it or they wouldn't have the prices they do.

Then there is the crowd that do not respond to their ads. Are they selling or just showing off their rigs? SMH. Have to sift through a lot of ads just to get a reply. PITA!!

As I said in my last post, may just buy the Bounder 36J, get my stuff to OK and update it or use it for housing at LF for vets. I know the guy that owns that rig and he treats that thing like its his flesh and blood. Nicest 1996 coach I have seen yet. Even the decals look good. He's also a mechanic for Waste Management and that rig purrrrrs. He used it to haul a 2 horse trailer to shows for his daughter. He bought a 500hp rig because now it's a 4 horse toad. Anyway he said I could have it for 10K. Cant even buy a good truck for that.

Well, better get another cuppa and get ready to hit the road.

Have a blessed day
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:52 AM   #4962

Winnebago Owners Club
Jay 10K for the rig sounds like something I could not pass up.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:43 AM   #4963

63* , cloudy , good day here.

Nut
I expected it to be twice what they priced it !
The rust might have been cured with a couple coats of POR??
You have a sharp eye and know yer stuff.
I'm sure you'll get the perfect rig (and obviously not pay too much too) !

bap
AAAARRRRRRRRRR a pirate rig WOULD be suitin' me fer sure !
And I bet one you two built would be a fine one too !

The idiots at the used car lot put tar on the Sportscoach roof.
I feel your pain bro !
I used a torch to liquify (it never gets hot enough here and if it did I sure wouldn't want to be on the roof !) It was applied right over the old rubber sealant and I had to use a 3/4" drill w/a wire wheel to get that off too.
I used c10 flowseal to seal the seams when it was finally cleaned up.
The aluminum was real heavy duty so I did get to use steel putty knives and scrapers and I used gas instead of mineral spirits !

Bobby
You need to get away and enjoy life a bit , we're all wishin' ya have many years of it too !

Lynne
I took out the carpet in the rollin' turd and replaced with clik floor.
Was real easy and looks great plus it didn't take very much and I found a super deal on left overs , free ! Now, I might go with vinyl for easy clean up and again , leftovers work cuz motorhomes have very little floor.

EVERYBODY
I wouldn't avoid parkin' next to yer rigs either, I know you're all my kind of people Well , except for Gordon , I don't know about those Canadians ??? JUST KIDDING GORDON I'm parking next to you bud !
( somebody's gotta keep an eye on ya and I lost !)
Skuh kuh kuh kuh
(I can't help myself,,,,too much time on stage I guess)

Those big diesel rigs are real nice , they remind me of the tour bus I used to enjoy but doin' just an oil change would stun me !

AND , I'm really not complainin' 'bout the rolling turd .
It was given to me after my Sportscoach burned and I had no home !!
(Guess they couldn't sell it )
Old 06-13-2016, 12:31 PM   #4964

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
BTW, the Magna is 20K, the bounder is 10K. Time to hit the road
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:54 PM   #4965

Goooodmorning all yíall!!!

I awoke in my Dodge Caravan made hot instant oatmeal breakfast washed down with instant coffee. Believe it or not itís better than it sounds, though I do miss my home brewed coffee.

I arrived in Banff BC yesterday, my Dodge Caravan exploration vehicle has been holding up well (knock on wood) and Iíve been having a good time, though I really miss waking up in my Holiday Rambler. Iím currently marking time until my SS check arrives on Wednesday. On June 17th my daughter will be flying in from Los Angeles so that we can enjoy a Fatherís Day weekend together here in Banff. Did I ever mention that I have two really great kids! After the weekend Iíll be heading back to Sierra Vista AZ via Glacier NP and the Grand Canyon North Rim (both were closed in May when I began my Alaska adventure).

Hereís where I boondocked last night. Some places have been better than others but so far Iíve only paid for one campground the entire trip (Craters of the Moon where I got a 1/2 price senior discount).

Emerald Lake in Yoho National Park.

It sounds like things are going well for all yíall!

Steve
Old 06-13-2016, 03:39 PM   #4966

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Afternoon,
Coffee is pretty strong,
Frank,
Not a problem, its just my neighbor guy keeps telling me that I shouldn't be on it and that its cutting into his fathers SS. I still haven't figured that one out. And didn't take long for me to tell him BS. I wish I was still working I miss the monies and its pretty tough.
Hoping we can still enjoy the forums that we are on.
Case closed.
Thank's

Steve, Great Pic's looks wonderful.

Rained all last night with some good lighting, no wind just steady downpour. With a metal roof on the MH it will put you to sleep. We have both cars with us and the MH so it took us all morning to get everything wiped down. The 64's top leaks so we have to use a wet vac to help dry it out. No mowing\whipping today. The horses have figured out that when they hear the Zero turn coming its A fresh Grass Dinner so they come a running.
Found a Turkey egg out in the middle of the yard. That's a first.
Hey Lloyd how many days?
Old Car Nut
those are some nice looking MH's, Iget what you mean about MH's trashed or so oxidized you can't tell what color it was. Saw a lot of that last winter in AZ and they are asking top dollar. I'm still happy with the 82 just started this years wax job. Forgot my buffer at the S&B's
That's about it from the farm,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:32 PM   #4967

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Tim,
Thanks, enough said and we can continue to enjoy.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:32 PM   #4968

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening All,

Steve, I love those pictures you are posting. It is a joy to look at them. Thank you!

Popeye I was always taught to look at the heart. Over the years we (my parents) bought some houses that would be thought to be dumps but they cleaned up nicely. I had an old Aunt, she lived in a "tired" house but it was clean and she was lovely! Some of my favorite houses were the oldest (because they were built so well). Not always modern, but elegant and worn like an old pair of favorite shoes.

If the people are nice, I don't care what they live in. It is clear to me the people on this thread have some beautiful hearts. I love coming here and talking with all of you. Those I have met so far it was liking meeting old friends because we get to know each other so well her.

Remember when they had "Pen Pals"? This thread is like that.

Weather was good today, coffee was tasty and nice and hot, I smiled with friends, prayed for Orlando, and I kissed my dear sweet husband. God I Love that Man!

Hope you all have a wonderful night, a great day tomorrow, and find the right rig, and get home safely. Night All!

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:19 PM   #4969

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post

EVERYBODY
I wouldn't avoid parkin' next to yer rigs either, I know you're all my kind of people Well , except for Gordon, I don't know about those Canadians ??? JUST KIDDING GORDON I'm parking next to you bud !
( somebody's gotta keep an eye on ya and I lost !)
Skuh kuh kuh kuh
(I can't help myself,,,,too much time on stage I guess)
OK - I wondered if 'you all' would have a lottery to see who had to camp beside me and keep me on track. Sorry for your loss Popeye. Looking forward to having you keep an eye on me. Just to warn you - I get up awfully early. Janet would be very disappointed if I wandered away while under your supervision.

I believe that between the two of us we should be able to stay in trouble of one sort or other for most of the day. "If you are not living life on the edge you are taking up too much space". Let the fun begin.

Steve - if you get the chance take a drive up the Banff/Jasper highway as far as the Columbia Ice Fields. Beautiful drive - one of the nicest in North America IMO.

Bobby - time to finish up and get on the road for a bit. Wish I were closer so could give you a hand. Sometimes things just go faster when someone is there to hold the other end of the board. Bet you there will be one young lady who sings your praises!

We had another inch of rain at home over the weekend. Returned home from camping and the grass needed mowing. So spent the day taking care of business. Janet runs the zero turn and I run the JD so things went nice and quick.

Hope everyone has a grand day.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:51 PM   #4970

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!
Well, everything here is going well after our recent vacation! Got caught up on everything here, and nice to relax a bit!
Gordon, glad you are getting the rain you need! The washing and waxing did the trick! When I had the farm in Illinois, we too had a zero turn and a garden tractor, both with 6' decks, and the mowing would go quick!
Steve, the pic's are sure great, would love to wake up to that view!
Jay, if the Magna was "well loved" it would be my choice, if it has a Cummins, not a fan of the V-8 Cat's! Very well made MH's! The Bounder, never been a fan, and would struggle to pull a very heavy trailer, be my guess? Also probably has the 5k hitch!
Bap, no exp. removing a tar roof! Hope it go's quickly for ya! Might be easier to just take the alum. roof and all the tar on it all off at once, and put a new alum. roof down? You will get it done, one way or another!
Everyone, have a great day! Rail!