Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:08 AM   #4985

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Good Morning All,

I think we need to find some land somewhere warm and open a CG together. We could have a lake for Popeye to run boats, he could get several months off a year to go see his Momma, a garage and paint shop for Terry, Frank, MK, Nut, and whoever else likes to play in shops with all the tools.

Lynne
I have 120 acres of raw land just sitting in Western CO. Located in Paradox Valley about 90 minutes from Moab
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CO Property.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	130300   Click image for larger version

Name:	CO Property.1.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	130301  

Name:	CO Property.2.jpg
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	130302   Click image for larger version

Name:	CO Property.3.jpg
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	130303  

Name:	CO Property.4.jpg
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	130304   Click image for larger version

Name:	CO Property.5.jpg
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	130305  

Name:	CO Property.6.jpg
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	130306  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2016, 09:13 AM   #4986

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Good Morning gang,
Gordon, Popeye and me together, hmmmmmm, what a thought, look out Kansas.
Frank
What a thought. Got to be careful though. Click our heels, wander off and zippo, presto, we are not in Kansas anymore! Can't go too far though . . . hate to miss dinner! I am more of a follower though so one of you guys will have to lead.

Lynne - I will bet you and Jerry are happy as well as flabbergasted with the response from the shop. I would never have expected that reaction at all. What a great business to deal with.

I see your point on the FULL service campground. Add a few cabins for people to stay in while their RV is being reconditioned and you will have everything covered. There would be some great products coming out of that facility for sure. Not sure if one could keep up with the demand once it became known that level of service was being offered. Could soon morph into full time. Should be put on the agenda for the meet and greet. It would be a great topic.

Starting to do business taxes. Not one of my favorite moments.

Have a great day.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:42 AM   #4987

Hey Lynne I am all in on that would be a great time for sure..
Glad to hear about your chat with the shop that "supposedly" fixed the window.....bout time people accept responsibility.

Mk
Old 06-15-2016, 10:58 AM   #4988

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

I’m moving low and slow this morning. I almost never have problems sleeping, almost never… Last night was an almost never, I went to bed at 9pm and proceeded to toss and turn until 1am before I finally fell asleep only to awaken fully unrefreshed at 6am. Today I’m going to explore Canada’s Kootenay NP which adjoins Banff NP to the west. I imagine I’ll be taking a lunch hour nap today.

Here are a few photos of my trip through the Yukon and British Columbia.

A view of the Yukon viewed from the Top of the World Highway.

My Caravan complete with its collection of soil samples from both Alaska and Canada. I may have to wash it before I meet up with my daughter on June 17th.

A gold dredge that I toured outside of Dawson City.

The Five Finger Rapid, an early impediment/hazard to Yukon river boat travel.

Early morning rush hour British Columbia traffic. These moose trotted along right in front of me for quite a while, I figured as soon as I’d try to pass they’d change lanes on me. They finally abandoned the highway when a car came from the other direction.

A beautiful waterfall in Yoho NP.

That’s it for now, I have lots more but my computer’s running frustratingly slow right now.

Steve
Old 06-15-2016, 11:43 AM   #4989

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
You just might have something there. I'm in, especially is it is here in western central Florida. Rita and I just ordered a 2 person inflatable kayak, we went once last year in a borrowed one and I am hooked. Don't forget to include Lloyd, he is pretty handy also.
Steve,
What wonderful pictures, hope that you continue to have a wonderful time.
Octanefam,
What a beautiful place, might be a good place to stay for the summer months, then move south for the winter months.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:45 AM   #4990

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by octanefam View Post
I have 120 acres of raw land just sitting in Western CO. Located in Paradox Valley about 90 minutes from Moab
Great photos and property. Looks like a good place for a golf course that could be added to the amenities.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:55 AM   #4991

Winnebago Owners Club
The history behind the property is even better. The property was inherited from a great aunt that I had only met once you hear of these stories it happen with us. The property was homesteaded to our family in the early 1900's and has ever since been in the family. At the moment the land is not worth much but it is to us becuase of the history behind it. Our taxes are ONLY $14 a year due to the way the county has it classified for tax purposes
Old 06-15-2016, 02:30 PM   #4992

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Afternoon Gang,

Geeze Octo, Does it snow there? That would be perfect if not because we could put in dune areas for those with buggies, bikes, and jeeps, then a shooting berm for those of us who like to shoot, some archery, any lakes for fishing and swimming?

Steve, WOW what a great vacation / trip! Beautiful! Would be hard to come home when the view is so AMAZING!

Frank, I figured I forgot a couple people. I figure with all our different talents that we could pull this off. I have been thinking and figured we could get some extra TTs and install them permanently for our family to visit and or people having work done.

We could do a drawing for military vacations for those coming back from war or duty overseas. You know, to give the family some time together after being separated. All expenses paid just to say thank you for your service for us and from us.

Dreams, they are great! MK, Yes, I was greatly surprised by his response and he was glad I came in and talked to him. I figured I would go in and explain my issues and see what happens. Course, I asked the big guy upstairs to handle it, give me the right words and attitude, and then let him see the issues.

I figure if we go the complete window replace route (which is my preference) then I will cut him some extra money because fair is fair. We'll wait and see what happens.

Could have used more rain today but the next few days show nothing. Gong camping then.

Boy we could make some plans together. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:16 PM   #4993

Winnebago Owners Club
I like your idea for a complete replace.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:28 AM   #4994

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee was very good today!
Lynne, it is great to have dreams, and yours sound very nice! On the window thing, mmmmmmmmm, that's a tough one? On one hand, giving them a chance to make things right? OK? These are the same people/shop that had your MH for a very long time, and then gave it back to you with daylight coming in around your new window? I understand them wanting to make things right, but do you still have confidence in them to fix it right this time? On the second hand, they agreed to give you your money back for there poor quality work, so why not find a more qualified shop to fix it right? Or, if the last shop you had the windshield replaced fixed it so it is ok now, why not use the MH this summer and see how the new window does, and make your decision before you get ready to put it up for the winter! And if you decide to replace the window, you will have the time to research and find the best shop to do this! JMHO!
Steve, great Pic's, for sure!
Todd, that is a nice piece of land, and would make a great place to go and boondock, and set up a RV pad! Does it have water and electric? If not you can always drill a well, add solar or wind generator, and a septic! It looks great for a off-road adventure park! Even if it is just for you!
Frank, I love canoeing, and have never been kayaking, but think it is along the same lines! We will have to go the next time we visit you all!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 06-16-2016, 06:26 AM   #4995

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Again coffee is good this morning, weather hot and humid.
Lynne,
Tough choices on the window, glad that the guy is at least stepping up for his shop's mistakes. I like your ideas on for the group, sounds like a good campfire discussion at the meet and greet.
Rail,
A lot of good places to Kayak around here within an hours drive, the one we went on last winter had alligators, turtles, all kinds of birds, monkeys, and even a water snake. It was about a 4 hour float.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:01 AM   #4996

Good morning everyone coffee is great this morning. ....

Got a question....anyone here has any expirences with putting an auxiliary fuel tank and fuel pump in the bed of their truck? Would like to know specifics like complications, ease of installation, ease of use, etc. etc. Wanting to put one in my 1 ton for farther range while traveling.....thanks in advance for the input.

Mk
Old 06-16-2016, 08:48 AM   #4997

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning All;
Lovely day here. Going to have a great one.

I think if they build a new window you would not have to leave the MH as they will have to build a new frame as well. They would need the MH for an hour or two to take measurements, make a template or whatever they need and then have it built. Once the window was completed it would take an hour or two to take the existing window out and slip in the new one.

Before I let them take the old one out at that time I would measure the both of them to make sure it was close. It the measurements or holding it up was really close they could install it. I expect they took the old window out before so it should come out easy. There will be room in the opening for minor differences.

As I recall the first time the fellow sent the repair to another shop where it was damaged. If there is a new window replacement it should come as a unit so as long as it fits the change over is fairly simple.

I expect the sum Lynne and Jerry paid was for a repair/reseal which will be less than the cost of a replacement.

IMO whatever decision is made will be the right one.

Tomorrow we are supposed to get paid for the 5er. Sad to see it go but happy that it is going.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Be safe in whatever you undertake for the day.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:10 AM   #4998

It's here ! Summah in East Coast Alaska,,,oh ayuh !
High 70s two days in a row,so far and more to come,,,,sounds pretty cool to some of you in the south though huh ?
Better put some ice in those coffee cups........

Lynne
Glad to hear the guy is standing up after the window screw up.
I'd put that refund money in my pocket asap!
Then get the window and take it home as a spare ( or replacement when you go to the OTHER place again).
The group park/restoration area sounds like a nice idea . It would make a cool home base , no lack of talent here to make it a success.
(Did you see the door that Terry just rebuilt ?)
Now if we can just get everybody retired and mobile !

Frank
I like the look of those inflatable kayaks ,, are they heavier than the plastic ones?

Lloyd
13 days and a few hours?