Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2015, 09:48 AM   #491

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
huntski,

Yes, it does have it's drawbacks but many of my patients use this method and swear by it. Can also use a plastic bowl since the sink tends to cool off faster since it is cold in general. I am sure Bap can figure out a way to work it out and if you have to "use the tree", you can do it fast enough to still do a good job of warming the hands.

If it helps him, he won't care what he has to do to get that relief. Arthritis is miserable.

Sun is out, wind has stopped blowing, road is finally cleared, and I could probably go to work, NAW!

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2015, 11:48 AM   #492
bap

thanks lynne,,,i would sstand at the sink for an hour just to get 15 minutes of painless use....lol...thanks sooo much i will give that a go,,,,i have had carple tunnel since 1980 and have busted up my hands so many times that my fingers are all crooked and swollen in the joints..
im going for a hot soaking dip this evening,,,but for now i better get back on the saw..
stay home and relax....LYNNEE,,
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:55 PM   #493

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bap,

What will help the carpal tunnel is one of those braces that keeps you from bending your wrist in your sleep. When you sleep your wrist tends to bend up or down depending on which way you have your hand laying. This aggravates the carpal tunnel and causes swelling. More swelling, more pain. Brace them at night and don't have to worry about them being numb in the AM.

When your soak your hands see if you (or your spouse) can massage the hands after they warm up. It will help a lot. I think you will be surprised. Of course, being in a warmer clime tends to help also. Are you retired and somewhere warm? Wish I was. I hate winter!

Have a good night all, see you in the morning. Lynne
Old 02-02-2015, 06:23 PM   #494

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Bap,

What will help the carpal tunnel is one of those braces that keeps you from bending your wrist in your sleep. When you sleep your wrist tends to bend up or down depending on which way you have your hand laying. This aggravates the carpal tunnel and causes swelling. More swelling, more pain. Brace them at night and don't have to worry about them being numb in the AM.

When your soak your hands see if you (or your spouse) can massage the hands after they warm up. It will help a lot. I think you will be surprised. Of course, being in a warmer clime tends to help also. Are you retired and somewhere warm? Wish I was. I hate winter!

Have a good night all, see you in the morning. Lynne

You can find those wrist braces like Lynne is talking about at some of the local pharmacies. They come up into the palm of your hand and Velcro on.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:14 AM   #495

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Then get a tennis ball and leave it by your chair. Whenever sitting there, pick it up and squeeze it 15 or 20 times with each hand. It will help keep the hand looser so it doesn't lock up on you.

I do BPs every day at work and mine are completely free of pain or stiffness. I plan to do the tennis ball thing myself when I retire.

Have a great day!. Got my wrist bands at Walmart for cheap.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:29 AM   #496

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning from Crowley, TX, warm this morning 35degrees, yesterday 28 degrees. will be in the upper 70'ies this weekend, will be glad when Spring gets here. Just wanted to say hello to the morning group, may you have a wonderful day. gps
gpscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:22 AM   #497
bap

goodmorning and welcome gpscotty,,,to the morning group....

im retiered but still work with my hands everyday,,,i have used those braces before, seemed to have made it worse...and i lost a fishing rod an reel that valued over 200 bucks back in the 90s because my hand wouldnt bend when i cast it in i threw the whole thing in the water....lol...it was funny now but back then that was alot of money to just throw to the bottom of the river...lol..
the hot soak felt great and i belive if i keep it up it will get even better,,,,now i just need a ball....
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:23 AM   #498

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good morning group, coffee good and hot, cold outside, DW already stoked the fire, life is good.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:41 AM   #499

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Only -4* this morning snow is gone for today, (supposed to snow tomorrow) but its sunny and no wind, cleanup day. been out plowing since 5:30 this morning and just got back in now (9:30 am). still have the MIL to do (mother in law) I have to use a blower on her's the driveway was not designed by me, (who has to maintain it). Lynne/Bap, I use a hot wax machine made for soaking your hands, you put your hands in it a couple of times to build up a coating of hot wax, (its not hot enough to burn), have DW wrap them in towels and sit for a 1/2 hr or so then DW peels the wax and puts it back in the machine works wonders. Then I use a stress ball or I also have a stuff like silly putty thats made to squeeze to keep limber and strengthens. all this is available in a drug store or maybe walmarts. Thru the yrs of having RA I have learned all the tricks to staying active and working, (until it caught me) Bap, sorry I had to laugh about the fishin pole, nobody stands around me when I start swinging a hammer they know eventually its going flying .
Old 02-03-2015, 07:56 AM   #500

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good morning all,

Bap, I sure hope this works for you because it can be quite miserable when your hand s hurt so much that you can barely use them. Going to look at 2 MHs today. Not sure, but want to see if they will work. Both Coachmen.

Terry, I agree working the hands keeps them limber. Like any muscle or joint it stays limber if worked. Like you were saying about your knee. When I had my first spinal fusion the doctor said "You can lay in that bed and stay in it for life or you can get up and walk and walk the rest of your life." I choose to walk and still do every day. I can still bend over and touch the floor.

Everyone have a great day! Stay as warm as you can, Lynne
Old 02-03-2015, 08:00 AM   #501

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Morning, Only -4* this morning snow is gone for today, (supposed to snow tomorrow) but its sunny and no wind, cleanup day. been out plowing since 5:30 this morning and just got back in now (9:30 am). still have the MIL to do (mother in law) I have to use a blower on her's the driveway was not designed by me, (who has to maintain it). Lynne/Bap, I use a hot wax machine made for soaking your hands, you put your hands in it a couple of times to build up a coating of hot wax, (its not hot enough to burn), have DW wrap them in towels and sit for a 1/2 hr or so then DW peels the wax and puts it back in the machine works wonders. Then I use a stress ball or I also have a stuff like silly putty thats made to squeeze to keep limber and strengthens. all this is available in a drug store or maybe walmarts. Thru the yrs of having RA I have learned all the tricks to staying active and working, (until it caught me) Bap, sorry I had to laugh about the fishin pole, nobody stands around me when I start swinging a hammer they know eventually its going flying .
Can totally relate to the hammer issue and always cast two handed now with a rod. Actually do most of my fishing with a trout line now, find it just as satisfying and capable to feed large groups with results, and never fails, when I'm at lake large groups show up.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:36 AM   #502

Good morning Ive been on this site for a couple years now just about every morning. I cant believe I didn't find this thread earlier.
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:46 AM   #503

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandjon View Post
Good morning Ive been on this site for a couple years now just about every morning. I cant believe I didn't find this thread earlier.
Welcome, this thread best taken with a good cup of coffee!
Old 02-03-2015, 08:53 AM   #504

Just finished my coffee. How about a glass of milk a stick of deer jerky LOL.
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote