Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-20-2016, 09:35 AM   #5027

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Well the 2 car shows are over all caught up at the farm, except barn fire clean up but my brother has to do that. Almost everything has smoke/water damage all his Christmas decorations gone half of barn was full of hay, gone.
Got home to the S&B"s last night, with all the mud she road mighty nice.... (really I pressure washed before we left). Really strange opening the curtains and "No Lake, No Horses. The 64 was in the garage the concours sat outside, 2 1/2 car garage and can only fit one car in it. We were suppose to get hail the size of tennis balls, but just got heavy rains and wind.
Here are some pic's of the car show, 57 Desoda (sp) with record player and that big 440
my 64
PA Buried,
Bap long awaited pics, the brown one is the one we used for Ice Fishing. Both might be for the taking, will ask if wanted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160608_181149.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	424.5 KB
ID:	130691   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160608_181322.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	368.9 KB
ID:	130692  

Name:	20160612_173659.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	418.0 KB
ID:	130693   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160612_173731.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	130694  

Name:	20160614_161035.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	313.8 KB
ID:	130695   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160614_161106.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	130696  

Name:	20160614_161203.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	130697   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160614_161229.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	439.6 KB
ID:	130698  

Name:	20160618_110245.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	331.0 KB
ID:	130699   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160618_110153.jpg
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	130700  

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2016, 09:46 AM   #5028

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
a few more pic's, and a pic of a beautiful 56 coupe.
We had a tragedy on the lake Sat a guy and his wife out fishing and the guy has a heart attack and the wife doesn't know how to operate the boat. She was screaming for help and another boat got to them got him on there boat and taken to shore and they did CPR but he was gone. What a way to go out fishing with the love of your life. Sad.
Gordon are you sure? Looks like a lot of work.
That's it from here for now.
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160618_072852.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	130701   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160618_110312.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	361.8 KB
ID:	130702  

Name:	20160618_110332.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	130703   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160617_143703.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	130704  

Name:	20160617_143831.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	130705  

Old 06-20-2016, 01:21 PM   #5029

Winnebago Owners Club
Tim - I don't know. Never done fiberglassing. At all . . . . ever! However it might be possible to do. Check the internet. Ask Larry. Ask Robert (owned a body shop). Worst we can do is give it a try.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:43 PM   #5030

Hi Tim!

Fiberglass is not bad. It is easier to work with than metal in many ways. You can patch, build up, and strengthen. In the end however the trick is to get a smooth finish ready for paint.

I have done a lot of it. But we are a long ways a part to make the trip. Post some pics, we can take a look and see what is going on.

I agree Gordon, safety should be job 1. If Rails son falls and hurts himself,,,,, one of us could end up working on Rails coach!!!! Rail, get that man a better ladder!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:49 PM   #5031
cwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
I agree Gordon, safety should be job 1. If Rails son falls and hurts himself,,,,, one of us could end up working on Rails coach!!!! Rail, get that man a better ladder!
If what I see in the photo is correct, when he is working on the other side of the coach, and starts to fall, he can grab on to one of those POWER lines!
cwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:12 AM   #5032

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Lloyd have ya been to Yuma Az? 120 in Yuma Az today beat there record of 1968 for todays date. But its a DRY HEAT... IT can be as dry as it wants, That's HOT. That Fiberglass would harden pretty fast or self-ignite. LOL Maybe you can put on your too do list of just must see destinations.
Gordon, Lloyd, I've been thinking about turning it into my insurance. Only problem is it's the same spot the PO hit his tree. He did the repairs, and he also must have never worked with Fiberglass either. Bad Job. I am going to use a chain and my Blue Spruce in the back yard and straighten my rear bumper and the front bumper just needs to have the bolts loosen and realigned. That would have been fun between us 3 and rail in Thailand we could have really made a improvement .
Tim
Old 06-21-2016, 07:09 AM   #5033

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, we are staying about even with the grass here, but everything is good.
Tim,
Look at Total Rebuild thread, Terry did a video of patching a hole in the fiberglass on the side of the Tot'r, If you take your time and get everything ready before you start, I'm sure that you can do a good job. You can always use a block of wood to hand sand instead of the long air file.
Charles,
Glad to hear that the building is started, won't be long and you will be in and back to work.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:50 AM   #5034

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening everyone!
I will try this again! Two posts poof, new phone, different WiFi all making it difficult!
It the pointing dept, I can do, but prefer to do my self! The ladder was discussed, and a brand new 6' fiberglass one was in the basement!
We are in Bangkok, for my 6 month check up! The Psa was up slightly, from 0.02 to 0.027, so still OK!
Tim, great pic's!!
Everyone have a great day!
Old 06-22-2016, 05:11 AM   #5035

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
WOW first one on this am,
morning,
currently 69,
Coffee is good left overs from yesterday.
Just ordered some new buffer pads for my Milwaukee buffer.
Started waxing the MH again last night but both pads are pretty dirty so I ordered 2 of each. Have tried the foam type with little success. Maybe I just don't know how to use them I know colors are the way too tell what does what but I just didn't like them.
Took my self off my 2 pain meds. Not sure if this is going to work. Intense pain. I've been off of one for a month and the second only 2 days. Been on both going on 12 years. .
Got to have breakfast early today NBM for 3 hours before test except meds and water. Get to take the 64 too a big plus...
Those on the road be safe,
Tim,
ps rail I haven't lost one since I changed to Windows 10
Old 06-22-2016, 05:48 AM   #5036

Morning all!

71* here, headed to mid 90's. Can't find a cloud at the moment.

Tim, are the pain meds for your back? or your toe? or both? Good deal on getting off them they are not goof for you, however if life is misery with out them??? Hope this all works out. 5 years ago I had a rather big accident, and subsequent surgery. I was on pain meds, and felt "3 foot thick" while on them,,,,,,,, but without all I could think about was the pain. Got some experience here.

Charles, good deal on the building. Exciting stuff. Bet you can not wait to move in.

Rail, I've never lost a post. I use my work PC (in 8 more days I give it back when I retire) which is patched upgraded nearly weekly with the latest versioning etc,, (to keep it secure from hacking, viruses, etc) and it always seems compatible with this site. My experience may change here soon, as I move to a personal machine.

Hey Tim, I have been to the Yuma area, yep its hot there. But fiberglass makes its own heat. you do have to work quickly with it. For me, I always used small batches and broke the job into smaller units of work.

This weekend we are going to the Broad River Mud bogs. Some of our neighbors have some pretty wild ATV's setup for mud bogs, They invited us to join them. Should be fun, not going to dive into one of the mud holes, but going to enjoy the big cookout, spectating and hanging out with the neighborhood.

Debbie has made it clear,,,,, her Jeep is not jumping in the mud hole!

L.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:43 AM   #5037
bap

goodmorning everyone,,

TIM,, prayers sent for you my friend,,,been there doing that with the pain med thing,,
i agree with LOYD also...

LOYD, hard to keep a jeep out of the mud,,,,lol,,,but clean up is no fun at all...

well went to the DR. the results of my MRI, three discs in my neck are into spinal cord robbing the use of my right arm and causing the pain ....what a pain in the neck...lol--i see the butcher on the 7th.....will see if there is anything besides surgery...

ohhh yea TIM thanks for the pics,,if ya wernt so fer away i would like to refurb the little brown one,,,,

well on another note,,DEBBIE and i are getting ready to head out on a 3 hour drive to check on a little bunk over tt,,,,she has been wanting one for along time sooo here we go,,,

everyone have a blessed day,,,,,,stay safe my friends..

..ffej..
Old 06-22-2016, 06:47 AM   #5038

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Coffee good this AM on my day off. Love my days off! Not too far away from our trip down into Ohio for 4th of July fireworks show at the CG we are going to. Hopefully it is a good one and by the reviews from previous years, it should be. We leave on the 1st.

Weather has been hot and dry. We really need rain and hopefully it will produce some tomorrow or the crops are going to be bust. The farmers that did no-till planting have had theirs come up. The others who did full tilling lost their seeds. Corn is turning in on itself and beans not looking good. Really need some rain.

Working on the TV install. Got cables coming in today (supposedly) and ready to mount the TV when they arrive. Jerry is talking about selling this rig and upgrading. I like this rig.

Do any of you have a RV service contract for replacing your appliances if they go out or for levelers, that type of thing? Keep seeing advertisements but not sure they are worth the cost. I like a road service in case you have a flat or breakdown or something but not sure about the appliance one.

Lloyd, You must be on the edge of your seat! I can't wait to get there where I am counting down the days, hours, and minutes instead of months and or years. 18 months roughly unless I just can't do it anymore and go early.

Tim, When you are done with the waxing and look down the sides of your rig and see how beautiful it looks, it will be all worth it. Mine still shines like crazy and I smile every time I see it. Got some touch ups to do to it, but he still shines.

I agree on the pain meds but sometimes you just can't do without them. Get past the worst and then put them aside.

You all have a nice day. Lynne
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:05 AM   #5039

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, the cooler weather is about gone, back into the 90's with 70+% humidity. Our inflatable Kayak came yesterday, going to go out to Honeymoon Island tomorrow to try her out with another couple then out to eat aftewards.
Tim,
Glad that you are going to try your hand at repairing your MH. Remember that there are to types of mesh, a rough mat and a tightly woven cloth. The rough mat is easier to use for small areas, the cloth is thicker for those places that you have to build up.
As for the pain meds, yes it is always better to be off of them, but if you need them, then they are a quality of life type thing.
Lloyd,
Have fun at the mud bogs. Down to single digits on the retirement, time to start getting into retirement frame of mind.
Rail,
Hope that the rest of your checkup went well.
Bap,
Hope that your appointment with the surgeon goes to your liking and we are prying for a very positive outcome for you.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:56 AM   #5040

Hi Lynne, yes edge of my seat is good description. Unfortunately, as the end gets closer it seems harder to keep doing this. I am doing a lot of sitting around,,,,,, in case they need me. Almost busy work, and my heart isn't in it.

Frank,,,,, WATCH OUT FOR THE ALLIGATORS!

Bap, hope that camper works out. You sure are good at finding them, and making them useful again.

L.