Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:24 PM   #5041

1st pic is the swing frame. ...I did not want to weld to the frame so I made it to where it used existing mounting points and bolted it on

The 2nd pic is the bracket made out of quarter inch plate with 3 1 inch u bolts, 2 attach to the frame and the third hooks to the hook on the winch. ..

Used pool noodle to keep from scratching the jeep top...3rd pic is the frame ....set it on top run some straps through the back window and hook them to the frame....crank the winch to lift the top drive the jeep out and then lower it to a stand or sawhorses or the ground...

Sorry it took so long to get the pics up but monday I got sick and haven't felt good enough to do anything but go to bed but I am feeling better now

Mk...out
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1466640905784.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	130902   Click image for larger version

Name:	1466640944176.jpg
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	130903  

Name:	1466640960862.jpg
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	130904  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2016, 07:39 PM   #5042

Thanks MK, that is a cool setup. Was looking at what I can do today.

Sorry to hear you were feeling poorly, glad your better today.

I scored a great deal on a used brake unit for the jeep when we tow bar it. This stuff gets so expensive if your buy new. Used is like 1/2 price.

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:54 PM   #5043

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee is so so today!
At the airport waiting our flight back home. The Dr. visit went very well, both the surgeons were happy with the blood work results, so back in 6 months, not 3 as before!
Bap, I wish you the best outcome, which ever way they go!
We went the a modern art museum yesterday, the building was very cool, and some of the art was bizarre, but most was great! Here are a few pic's!
We also went to a new temple just finished, a tribute to the King!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1466642857311.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	130906   Click image for larger version

Name:	1466642883463.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	130907  

Name:	1466642928218.jpg
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	130908   Click image for larger version

Name:	1466642951645.jpg
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	130909  

Name:	1466642979101.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	130910   Click image for larger version

Name:	1466643045821.jpg
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	130911  

Name:	1466643215030.jpg
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	130912   Click image for larger version

Name:	1466643252714.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	130913  

Old 06-22-2016, 09:50 PM   #5044

Those are some awesome pics rail!!!...my daughter just got back from south Korea a couple of weeks ago and her pics are cool too...

Lloyd the soft top we found was 6 months old and it's a bestop supertop nx with tinted windows and a spider shade xlong...about 1800 worth of stuff for 800....just had to drive 2 hours to get it but that isn't a problem for us we love to go go go....lol..checkout the used jeep parts texas page on facebook...constantly stuff going up for sale...got our eyes on a set of bumpers in Oklahoma bout 6 hours one way...if they come down bout 100 I will run up there and get them....if ya shop around you can find anything cheaper than new...lol

Mk
Old 06-22-2016, 09:52 PM   #5045

Hey Lloyd I can tell ya the long pieces of rod are 48 inches and the short one in the middle is 30-32 inches if I remember right bug I can measure it for you if you want

Mk
Old 06-23-2016, 03:06 AM   #5046

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
My new phone has a 23mp camera! So the pic's are great, you can zoom them up, no distortion! Here is " The White Temple" here in Lampang, right across the street from the studio were Jira's is getting a photo taken, and I am sitting here and this is my view!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1466669149987.jpg
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	130931  
Old 06-23-2016, 06:47 AM   #5047

Truely unique architecture love the style....Rail your a lucky guy to live in such an amazing place...love the pictures...

Coffee is good this am head still feels twice it's normal size...stupid summer cold...

Well gotta get back to w**k...lol...mostly I read the forums all day....lol....love my job..

Take care and be safe everyone

Mk
Old 06-23-2016, 06:50 AM   #5048

Rail, it looks just like downtown York, S.C.!!!

Hey MK, we have not yet made a decision on what we want to do with the top. Spring and fall around here would be nice, but summer is very hot, and winter is lots of rain and dampness. If we go ahead, I may try and make one off the ceiling in my barn (16' high) and only really used if I pull the coach into work on it. Everything else goes thru a 8' door.

At work today, headed for the 90's again. Counting today I have 6 more work days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:56 AM   #5049

Winnebago Owners Club
Rail - great pictures. Another place to put on the bucket list. Going to have to get a bigger book or write smaller to get everything to fit. Or stop putting things in it if I want to have a remote chance of getting most of the list completed.

Well the fellow came to pick up the 5er yesterday. Went through all of the systems and got him out the door (figuratively). Now the place is looking more like a yard and less of a RV park.

Got to get going. Grand Daughter is booked for work today and I have to be ready for her. Seem to get lots done when she is with us so it is a lot of fun to have her here.

Everyone have a grand day.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:42 AM   #5050
cwk

Good morning, all!

Rail, great photos. It is a look into a world we don't see here.

MK, Keep surfing the forums. It will pass the time.

Tim, hope you are feeling better and all goes well.

Wow, so much has happened with so many recently. Overall it sounds good.

Building Update: Here are some photos...

1) Crew arrived at 7 AM to erect building on slab.
2) Crew (of 4) finished after 8 PM. No Door by this crew.
3) A view into the inside. Notice two loooong skylights on north side of roof. Nice lighting without an electric bill attached.
4) Door installed by separate company. Insulated with electric opener.

Final Building Inspection PASSED about an hour ago.

Electric and insulation not added yet. But, I am coordinating my moving crew to get my equipment, etc. out of storage ASAP before the storage companies get to charge me for another month! Since the building was late, this move turned out to be a double-move with temporary storage. Cost is about an extra 2K. And, a lot of lost production time. OK, I'm whining.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0695A.jpg
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	130944   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0700A.jpg
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	130945  

Name:	IMG_0701A.jpg
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	130946   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0703A.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	130947  

cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:12 AM   #5051

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
morning,
currently 62 according to my new weather station. I refuse to turn on the furnace!!!!
CaaCoffee is great still leftovers from yesterday.
Boy lots going on,
bap,
Maybe you will join the Zipper neck club, Joe and I have both had it done years ago and the results are great. Have had no problems. That was about 20 years ago. Very happy with the outcome. Joes brother just had the same thing done last winter and his has also been a success. Hope you find a good surgeon and you have the same results.
Lloyd,
the meds were for my back, I am having a hard time with out them. I got 5 hours of sleep last night that was for the last few days. I have been approved for medical Maryjane , I'm going to try it very spendie though it cost me around 600 bucks just to try to get approved. Haven't set up a appointment to get it yet not sure what the cost of that is but have heard spendie also. No Insurance will cover the cost I know very controversial but at this point I will try it. I have been to 3 Surgeons and all 3 said that I would be worst off than I am now. At least they were honest and didn't just want to do it. I've heard a lot of people that had bad results, a couple including suicide. I've been dealing with this since
Thanks for the words of encouragement on doing the repairs to the MH.

Frank,
Thanks, I will look for both I think the spot that the bumper went thru ( Previses damage by PO) will need the thicker mesh.
Its still pushed in by maybe 1/4-1/2 in and will need to be filled in. Its pretty secured doesn't move when pushed on. Not sure on what I'm going to do with the taillight mess that's all soft Silicone ?? Not sure if there is any of the old fiberglass still behind it or if he just filled in with Silicone. All the other small areas just need sanding down.

mk
Glad that your feeling better.

rail,
There were some weird art forms, Paintings. New Camera takes great Pic's. Beautiful bldgs We have hotspot for the laptop and have been able to get internet anywhere we have gone including Az do they have that over there? Also, are you still on windows 8 although I'm not sold on 10 but there are some features I like and that includes not loosing posts...

Got another invite to the farm for my birthday this weekend, of course that will be a big yes. Will park the MH on the driveway....I'm going to bring the fishing pole we spent the last month out there and did no fishing. hope I didn't miss anyone, if so good luck or hope all's well.

Those on the road be safe.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160621_125452.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	130941   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160621_125626.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	130953  

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:56 PM   #5052

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
The Kayak trip went well, had a smll problem coming in on the bay, a little air came out of one of the tubes and the thing wouldn't turn right, we struggled a little, but got it into shore and added a little more air, should be ok for next time out, we are still learning, so i might have done something wrong in setting it up, we shall see.
Tim,
I wouldn't use silicone on the taillight, after removing the assembly, you should be able to make a repair to the base, it will take some time and patience, but you will be able to make a permanent repair that way, if you are going to use anything to seal the light assembly, I would use the rope caulk that you use when installing a side window. If you need to have a little more for your screws to grab to, place a strip of metal and fiberglass it in.
MK,
Hope that you are feeling better, and good job on the reviewing the forums.
Lloyd,
5 days and counting, I'm happy for you Brother.
Charles,
Nice looking building, sorry that you couldn't get it done when you needed it, but now it is time to get cracking and insulate and get the electric in.
Have a great evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 12:18 AM   #5053

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was very good today!
Charles, great looking building, wow, up in one day!
MK, hope you get to feeling better real soon!
Tim, I am running 7, and have fiber optic internet, here at the house, and the posts I lost were on my new phone, and thought I had it set right, and logged into iRV2 right, but had to do it twice to get it to take? We try'd the hotspot and cell based internet here, and it was ok, but the hardwired fiber is the way to go for sure! We have 30 mbps service now, and are getting ready to upgrade to 50 mbps real soon! It is a hard wired service for the house, that comes with sat. TV and phone, all in one package, so it is cheaper! I have my old HTC Verizon 4g phone and the Verizon hot spot I used when I was trucking in the US, and will use that when we come back for our next trip!
I am getting my new Sony phone set up the way I like it, and did not know if I would like the fingerprint scanner, but it works great, so, very secure!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 06-24-2016, 01:36 AM   #5054

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Boy, last reply must of sent everyone for a loop.

Owell
still sipping coffee a little
Hey guys,
Am not sure I want to take the tail light assembly out Its been riveted in place. I took a good look and its not silicone its what ever he used its pretty hard. I added silicone in a few places when I bought her and before I came too irv2. Didn't know not to use it. What should I use for the hairline cracks, until I can get the correct stuff. I used green painters tape to cover the cracks that I sanded down
I took some pictures today I did a little bit of sanding. Forgot to take after Pic's but will get tomorrow.

Well got the concours back today $500.00 bucks for Alternator and serpentine belt. and a estimate for $ 2850.00 to fix everything almost on the suspension from front to rear including both rear springs broken In 2 places both sides. shocks and struts front to rear. Oyea I forgot breaks all the way around. I must Amit this will be the first repairs we have done on the old gal (1999), she's been good to us we bought her 15 years ago with 74,000 miles and she now has just under 250,000. I have put that NorthStar engine thru the ropes she's quick for a car that size So I can't bitch.
I sat in traffic this afternoon on the way home from getting the concours 2 1/2 for a 30 minute trip, Road Construction I saw more than a few guys go from fast lane thru the space of a car into the right lane, in a flash flip of the wrist man-o-man what fools, its bumper to bumper where do they think there going .

Beamis here are the girls and Jo
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160621_184630.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	131023   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160621_184927.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	530.3 KB
ID:	131024