Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-24-2016, 05:50 AM   #5055

Morning all!

74* here,,,, 5 MORE WORK DAYS TO GO!

Charles, your building looks great. You will enjoy having that for years to come.

Tim, can't tell what that substance is in the pictures? Possibly Marine Tex? Is it really , really hard,,,, like rock hard?

Frank, glad the Kayaking went well. Next time you pass by here the 4 of us can go. Debbie and I have 2, The Catawba river near here has about a 7 mile section that is a nice Kayak ride, no civilization, no rapids, ( a few riffles) just a lazy float.

Work day today, then this evening get ready for the mud bog tomorrow. Just gotta get the trailer out, and load our little Kawasaki Mule we use around here. Our friends suggested we bring it to have transportation around the event location. It is many acres, and there are many mud holes. I'll take a few pics.

Have a great day all!

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2016, 06:27 AM   #5056

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
morning Lloyd,
aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh what 5 days "SHORT". Is that 5 work days or include weekend days.
The stuff is rock hard I used a chisel and hammer to get it off gently of Corse .
I opened a few of them and sanded them yesterday and just have Green painters tape over the cracks.
Going to run to wally world in a little while and see what I can find.

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 06:36 AM   #5057

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Tim,
I would grind away the paint in the depression of the crack, then start layering in the mesh or cloth to strengthen the area. I would remove the taillight assembly and rebuild that area if it was me, that way you know it is fixed correctly, and not just cobbled together, and that no water can get in behind the assembly.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 06:57 AM   #5058
bap

goodmorning everyone,,

TIM,, zipper neck....lol,,,,,,love it...and thanks for letting me know all is well with those that have had it done,,----and i pray youu find the relife you are looking for,,,i have heard that stuff will make ya hungry....lol

LOYD,, i know your gonna have a great time at the mud bog,,,yes please take pics,,,look forward to seeing them...--i would love to be there,,,my kind of fun for sure..

RAIL,, i always love seeing your pictures,,like CHARLES said,,,a world we dont see around here....

CHARLES,,, happy to hear the building is up,,maybe a little late but it,s up now and thats gotta be a relife..

well,, i gotta get crackin lol,,,i gotta long way to go and a short time to get there,,im east bound and down..

prayers to all..

jeff
Old 06-24-2016, 07:51 AM   #5059

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
morning
currently 66
I think I have posted more this morning than ever.
Bad news on the toe, Did you know that your big toe is called the "Great Toe" in medical terms. Learned that just now from my MRI report. Bone infection also called "Osteomyelitis"
So the treating doc is contacting the Surgeon to see what options are. No loping off of said toe. yet
Have a Great weekend,
Tim
Old 06-24-2016, 09:16 AM   #5060

Tim
I agree with Lloyd , it looks like Marine Tex , that's a putty like Bondo but made for wet repairs , You can sand it but will lose the shine . AND Frank too , I'd get it all out and do fiberglass as in Terry's video. The PO did a real Mickey Mouse looking job. No knowing how well he prepped the area and if it might just fall off some day..
Take your time and it will all look great (you don't have to do everything the same day), and you can brag you did it yourself !
Tell the Doc's that if they cut off that toe , you know just where you'll put it !
Just kiddin' do whatever is best for your health!

Rail
Wow you didn't tell us Jira was a princess ! That statue in the museum looks just like her......

Nothing is going to compare to fiber internet , you probably have better service than most of us do here.

Lloyd
Just a week to go ! Yessssssssssssss.
Then you graduate to "old fart" like me !
The weekend sounds like I want to be there ....lots of pic plezzzzzzzz..

bap
Maybe you can get a tat of a zipper to cover the scar???????
Either way hope they can get you back to "normal" (the quote's are because I never was !)
Hammer down ! We'll let ya know if we see any smokies !

Frank
Maybe next trip , strap an extra life jacket on just in case ?
Seriously , inflate it and keep it on land for a day or go wading with it and look for the little bubbles to test for leaks

cwk
Looks like you have a busy week ahead.

Did I miss anybody ? I forget when reading so many posts.

Uh OOOOHHHHH the site want's me to do a capcha before I can post.
Of course there is NO capcha there !!!!!
Old 06-24-2016, 10:28 AM   #5061

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning all;
Had a great day with the Grand Daughter yesterday. Planted a bunch of spruce trees and a few pine trees. Keeping up with her is making me tired!

Today is lawn mowing. Lots of stuff to keep me busy. Am thinking about getting a job so I get paid for all of this work.

BAP and Tim. Take care of yourselves Do what is necessary to stay healthy and happy.

Popeye - good to see you posting again.

Frank - your kayak story gave me some memories about an engineer I worked with. He was assigned an R&D project to see what could be done about beavers building dams on road culverts. He decided he needed to understand the mindset of a beaver and to do so he was going to visit a beaver house.

Told him he should go rent a aluminum boat or a good heavy duty zodiac. No he said they were too expensive so he went to the local department store an purchased a two cell kiddie blow up raft. I said to him the raft is only rated for 110 lbs and you are 115 lbs. He said that the engineer who designed it would have built it with a 10% (min) safety factor so it was fine. He had tried it and there was a couple inches of freeboard.

Anyway he went out to the beaver dam, launched the raft and proceeded to paddle out to the beaver house to commune with the beavers. Unfortunately there were some dead snags just below the surface in the pond which promptly punched a hole in one of the two cells. No mind melding that day. One bedraggled engineer.

Have a grand day.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:46 PM   #5062

Oh yeah.
GORDON
Hope you didn't hurt yourself lifting all those trees !
We have lots of them here and they're really big !
Gotta watch out for those kids , they'll work ya too hard .
Hope she paid you well.........
Old 06-24-2016, 06:47 PM   #5063

Evening all!

Well, now it is 4 work days to retirement. Next Thursday June 30th is my last day.

Tim, bone infection don't sound good. Praying for you. You need that big piggy.

Gordon, good story. My brother in-law and I went canoeing in a wood canvas canoe. Short story, hit a rock and ripped the canvas, and it sunk pretty quickly.

L.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:35 PM   #5064

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Gordon,
Great Story, Love it.
Popeye,
Don't know what happened with the Kayak, it wasn't down that much air, so the bubble test probably wouldn't work. There are multiple one way air valves and I might not have gotten one of them tightened all the way.
Tim and Bap,
Good Luck with your health problems, we hope that everything works out for the best.
Lloyd,
Have a great time at the Mud Bog, Only 4 days, that is wonderful news. We will take you up on the Kayak trip next time we are through that way.
Rail,
Those are sure great places that you have the pleasure of visiting, you are one lucky man.
Have a great evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:36 PM   #5065

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Oh yeah.
GORDON
Hope you didn't hurt yourself lifting all those trees !
We have lots of them here and they're really big !
Gotta watch out for those kids , they'll work ya too hard .
Hope she paid you well.........
Thanks Popeye. No the deal is we pay her. Playing like real life. She negotiates her pay increases and we make her justify what she asks for.

Back is not too bad. The spruce trees are all sizes from 1 - 5" tall. The pine on the other hand are older and all are over 4' tall. I run the tree 'spade' all around the perimeter and then when the wedge is loose, lift it into the wheel barrow by hand. Gave them all a good drink with rooting fertilizer so hope they take. Was sunny this morning but showers in the afternoon and now raining.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:51 AM   #5066

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was gooooood today!
Tim, best of luck with that big toe, as having broke both of mine when I was younger, I know about the pain that goes along with a hurt big toe!!!
Gordon, "Aleve", is your friend!
Thanks Frank, looking forward to the kayaking! SP?
Lloyd, man, you are getting close! Woo Hoo!!
Popeye, there were some bizarre things in that museum, and some really cool things too! One guy made the best statues from drift wood! And another a bike made out of hinges and small pieces of wood! Here are a couple more pic's!

Everyone have a great day!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0049.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	131096

Name:	DSC_0051.JPG
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	131097

Name:	DSC_0057.JPG
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	131098

Name:	DSC_0066.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	131099
Old 06-25-2016, 03:23 AM   #5067

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey rail,
what size alternator would u suggest for the PA. 100 amp? I still am getting a squeal and I see tonight one of our house battery's has started to blow it's top second one in the last 2-3 years. Excide Battery (sp) Baking powder and water for the clean up.?
I'm pulling a all nighter again and saw u on.
Tim
are the figures in the first 2 pic out of Black Corel
Old 06-25-2016, 05:27 AM   #5068

Good Morning!

76* here. Partly cloudy.

So, if I retire this coming Thursday, and after that everyday is a non-work day....... would this be my last weekend? Cause going forward I don't care what day it is?

Everything is loaded for the Mud Bog, will take some pics.

L.