Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-25-2016, 06:21 AM   #5069

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Lloyd, After Thursday you'll have to look at a calendar to see what day it is, because everyday is a weekend . Tim, good luck on your toe. Bap, I can sympathize on your neck, best of luck. Rail, wonderful pics that certainly is a beautiful country. Charles, good looking building, I sold buildings from American Steel, those guys in your pics looked similar, real good workers and very fast. Gordon, great working with the grandkids, My granddaughter has been helping me for several years now. Frank, I'm not sure I'd be Kayaking with an inflatable, (I'm sure it's okay it's just ME ) Have a Great Day All.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2016, 06:28 AM   #5070

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Tim, the wood is teak, it is the most popular wood over here! I would go with a 120 amp alternator for quicker charge time! Wait, you have a 454, what sizes are avaliable? Go with the biggest size!
Lloyd, have a great time at the mud bog! Remember, shoes off at the door! Hahahaha!!

Old 06-25-2016, 06:40 AM   #5071

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning gang,
Coffee is good this morning, weather again hot and humid, and I LOVE IT.
Lloyd,
As Terry said, everyday is a weekend now, and you do have to look at the calendar to figure out what day it is.
Terry,
The inflatable kayaks are a lot easier to stow in the 5er, where the hard side would have to go on the roof of the truck, almost all of the people here at the park have the inflatables. Now we don't do the whitewater thing, so that makes a big difference.
Rail,
Great pics of the art.
Have a great day,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:45 AM   #5072
bap

FRANK,,, watch out for those bull sharks !!!!!----it is shark week ya know..

POPEYE,,if i get the surgery i will get the tatoo,,,--love that idea..lol

LOYD,,,enjoy my friend,,,--only 4 more working days ---let the games begine..
have a great time mudding ,,i may have to hit the kentucky trails today myself,,love the offroad adventures..

GORDAN,,, stay with it and dont pass out...these grandkids of ours have energy to spare,,wish we could tap into it..lol----i think its great how your doing with the granddaughter,,sounds alot like how my grandsons are they like working for what they get,,and there just 10 and 11,,very proud of them as i know you are of her..

TERRY,, thanks my friend,,,sounds like you have been there and done that slso,,man i wish we had listned to our elders when we were young,,wouldnt have beat myself up so bad...lol

STEVE,, ya out there ole boy,,,bears havent gotton ya have they,,--hope all is well..

well gotta get busy,,,have a blessed day everyone..

jeff
Old 06-25-2016, 09:24 AM   #5073
bap

ohh yea started painting the metzendorf yesterday,,water melon cobalt cannon and white,,----this is where it gets interesting...--lol--
Old 06-25-2016, 09:49 AM   #5074

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
Rail - thanks for the drug consult. I am very into Vitamin I (ibuprofen). Seems to work just fine.

Rail - great pictures.

Lloyd - one of the first things to do as well is throw away your watch for a true retirement. I waited until the battery in mine died. To cheap to let it quit unsupervised. There are clocks everywhere (wall, stove, computer, ipad) so you can find out what time it is but without the thing on my wrist I get up when go to bed when I am tired, have a nap when tired, get up when I am ready, eat when I am hungry. Surprising the body seems to be dialed into a rhythm that has not changed much from when I was working. Ditching the watch was very uplifting and then I was retired.

A friend of mine who I respect very much explained retirement: "You are truly retired when you are past the need for professional recognition."

It rained steadily most of the night. Everything is really wet so not likely to take the rough cut mower out today. However the MH is sitting there lost and lonely and needing a bath and another polish. Will be a perfect day as it is not so warm that I will work up a sweat if I go out to work on that task. Motivation is the roadblock.

Bap - really would like to see some pictures of the renovation during the process when you can.

There was some lyrics from a song that keep running through my mind "I wish I had known what I know now when I was younger". But when I try to pass that knowledge down I get the rolled eyes and OH Dad/Grampa.

Well off to find something to occupy myself. Alternatives are watching football, baseball, golf and reading. Hmmmm.

Have a great day.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:04 AM   #5075

Gordon
Sounds like you're helping to raise a fine youngster !

Lloyd
Every day is Saturday from here out ....and it's always 5 o'clock
Get out your Buffet albums !

Rail
I've got some pics of horses made out of driftwood , I'll see if I can find them......Your pics will be hard to beat though,,like that can happen....
Nothing like living in a place that others have to pay big bucks to visit....hey , wait a minute ,,,I do too !!

Frank
Then go with the extra flotation , hey , it won't take up much space and if the thing does deflate it won't sink and you can easily drag it to shore!

I've heard some great reviews from happy inflatable owners and yes WAY easier to find space for them too !

bap
That color scheme sounds dazzling ! Can't wait for the pics.

The tat would give a whole new meaning to the term zipperhead !!!
Old 06-25-2016, 11:53 AM   #5076

Hi All, Hope everyone is ok! Finally got the other apartment done and rented! Was looking forward to finishing my yard at home, but got slammed! I worked about 3 hours pulling weeds in the rock garden, all white rocks in like 80 degree sun and ended up with what i'll describe as "welders Flash" like I got when I was young and stupid . Ended up being the same sand in the eyes, stabbing pain all night and day yesterday! Glad it is subsiding , but will wear sunglasses and a hat from now on! Here are a couple pics of the finished apartment. Be Good and Safe , Bobby
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	$700 Stainless Stove and Fridge.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	131178   Click image for larger version

Name:	All Together Now.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	131179  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Deep Sink.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	131180   Click image for larger version

Name:	Radiator Covers built by Bob.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	131181  

Old 06-25-2016, 11:55 AM   #5077

Winnebago Owners Club
Lloyd - now that you are retired Happy Hour starts at 4. Earlier on the east coast.

Bobby - nice work. Looks like lots accomplished. Yup - always wear a hat, sunscreen and drink lots of water. I try to get out early mornings and later in the evening for work like that. Do stuff indoors when it is midday.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:05 PM   #5078

Learned that lesson Gordon, won't happen again! Yeah it was fun to get it finished though, summers is wasting away and my Dakota needs to get out of the garage so I can figure out my towbar setup and get out of here! Bobby
Old 06-25-2016, 12:44 PM   #5079

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGlassMan View Post
Learned that lesson Gordon, won't happen again! Yeah it was fun to get it finished though, summers is wasting away and my Dakota needs to get out of the garage so I can figure out my towbar setup and get out of here! Bobby
I hear you on getting focused.

Yes it is time to get the Dakota out and do some travelling. Once you get going some of the pressures you feel while being around stuff you think needs to be done will go away. After all it will be there when you get back.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:53 PM   #5080

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Bobby,
Nice work on the apartment, it really looks top notch. Yes you need to get the Dakota hooked up to the Winnie and go enjoy the rest of the summer.
Lloyd,
Not only will you lose the watch, but you will start to rely less and less on the cell phone too. Any more the only time that I even have the cell on me is when we go out in the truck, so I almost never know the actual time.
Popeye,
I agree with the extra flotation, hopefully we can go out again sometime next week, and see if we have the same problem. I really think that it was newbie error and not something wrong with the kayak. I just have to figure out what I screwed up on, then we will be good to go.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 02:10 AM   #5081

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee was good today!
Gordon, I still wear my watch, it was a 5 year safety award from Landstar, and just put it on everyday as a habit, I guess! You are right about forgetting what day of the week it is!
Bobby, when I was living out on the farm, as I called it, in a 110 yr. old Victorian farm house, we called the place " Never Done Acres" as you were never done! Always something to fix or repair! I bought my first MH, as a form of forced relaxation! When you were at the CG, all you could do about that next project was think about the things you could do! And Relax! Fell in love with the MH lifestyle, and then added to the list of things that needed done! Hahahaha!! I did not really start thinking about retiring, till after I moved out of the farm house, and then met Jira a year or two later!
Popeye, all my friends and work buddy's said the same thing, when it soaked in that I was really selling my business and all my things and moving to Thailand, " You will be back in less than a year" Well, its been 3 years now, and they are all figuring it out, that they will see me when I am back on vacation! Or, when they come over here for vacation, as a couple have done! This wood was driftwood also, just the teak kind, and his vision of turning it into art was amazing! The alligator head was a real skull and what was missing was carved brass, same as the legs and the tip of the tail! The rest of the body was made from wood, and weaved and tied together!
Hope Steve is having a great time with his daughter's visit, and checks back in soon, with more Pic's!!
Lynne has been absent for a few days too, so hope they are off having a great time camping!
Charles is very busy with his new building, I am sure!
Everyone else that I missed, hope you too are having a great day! Rail!
Old 06-26-2016, 05:20 AM   #5082

Gulf Streamers Club
Another post just went poof. I have tried to post now four times in the last couple of days and all went poof. Must be a karma kind of thing. Yesterday finished prep for MH travel today. Going to spend a week outside Woodward, Ok, at Ft Supply Lake COE. I made reservations last year to have a spot for Liberty Farms grand opening and just left them when the timeline changed. Will check out the spot and then on to Glen Elder State Park in Kansas for a couple of days. Just me and guard chicuacua Chico. Too hot for Rebecca. Plus we have a new rescue pup 10 weeks old that is not ready for prime time.

Those on the road be safe. Those ailing get well. Coffee/cocoa ready. Time to finish putting things away and when it gets light outside, finish unhooking utilities, fold up the deck, and hit the road. Later all.

ronspradley

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote