Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2016, 05:35 AM   #5083

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Currently68
Beautiful out, a chill but after yesterday very hot and humid it's welcome. All the fishermen/women are racing to there spot out on the lake.
Coffee is good but then again I made it LOLOL
Okay weirdest thing happened yesterday afternoon, a couple with child pulls into the driveway @ the farm and she comes to the deck and states we are lost. We are in the MH, brother on deck. my phone rings and its my brother asking if I would follow them and give him a ride back to the farm. I said yes figuring its someone he knows. So Bob (my brother) gets in the drivers seat of there car and the wife comes over to ride in my car, We are going to follow them to the interstate. We get to the end of the driveway and I ask her so how do you guys know Bob? She says we don't know him we are lost and need someone to drive us to the interstate, she is a mess and so is he. they got off the interstate because of road construction and got lost.
I said wow really so your getting in a car with a guy you don't even know?? She says yea I'm a friendly type person and have a lot of trust in people, I said but you don't even know us. we proceeded to take them to the interstate about 15 miles away, and she has a gift to gab she gets out of my car and into hers and her husband gets into the drivers seat of there car and Bob gets in my car and they go there way and we head back to the farm. I asked him what just happened? I don't know they were lost and asked me if he could drive them to the interstate. We had a good laugh about the whole thing, but very weird. Something I bet never happens again.
So back at the farm we decide to move the MH back to where we usually park and where I got it stuck last week. I have the neighbors trailer behind so we had to come in the back way. Last pic is the second place I got stuck last week, and there is the post that I backed into trying to get unstuck from the mud pit. We got her into place and enjoyed the evening. Dinner on the deck and leftovers for dinner and a laugh at what had happened that afternoon.
No rain last night just high winds.
I found a fiberglass repair kit for the MH yesterday on the way home from the flea market $34 bucks so I saved 20 bucks not going to NAPA.
Today I'm going to try my new pancake compressor and air sander and see if I can get more done or maybe try fishing haven't gone yet.
Those on the road be safe and have a enjoyable Sunday.
Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160625_153519.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	536.6 KB
ID:	131301   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160625_153536.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	338.9 KB
ID:	131302  

Name:	20160625_153801.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	387.8 KB
ID:	131303   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160625_153845.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	482.3 KB
ID:	131304  

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2016, 05:56 AM   #5084

Good morning!

75* here, very overcast. We need some rain, supposed to get a little today.

As promised I will share more about the mud bog,,,,, but I just have to post you all this.

Left the bog around 6pm, and headed home. Deb was kinda pushing me along, but I didn't think much of it. She said she was tired and I was also. When we came down the road to our place, on the gate post were balloons. I looked at her and she said SUPRISE !

Well, unknown to me, she had been attending conference calls with my managers and the senior leaders I work for, planning a retirement party for me at the house. There were 100 people waiting for me in the front yard! Our kids had met them there, they had it all catered, including renting of chairs, tables, and a nice sound system.

I had such a good time, there were people who I hadn't seen in 10-12 years who had moved on to other jobs. People who traveled 400 miles to attend the party, and many of those I have reported up to for many years. Amazing!

They created a really cool video, that went back 23 years (years I was with this company) and had it done to Springsteen music (my favorite) and gave me all kinds a gifts. The company bought me a Yeti cooler. I also got many bottles of Jack Daniels! So I am ready for many happy hours.

They also had a custom banner made, and lots of people signed in with really nice notes. It is a wonderful keepsake that I am going to hang in my motorcycle room.

I was so honored most of the night I was speechless. I will remember this forever. Sorry, but I needed to share it with you all. I really didn't think so many cared so much!

Have a great day all!

L.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160626_074425_resized.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	131305  
Old 06-26-2016, 06:09 AM   #5085

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Lloyd,
SOOO Happy for ya my good man. How cool
I was with my company 28 years and got nothing.
Save some of that Jack for next summers greet and meet in Kansas....
Tim
Old 06-26-2016, 06:12 AM   #5086

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Another great day in the hot and humid south. We had a popup thunderstorm yesterday evening while we were out at dinner, that cooled it down for a short time.
Lloyd,
That sounds like a wonderful party, sounds like Deb pulled a good one over on you.
Tim,
Glad that you found the repair kit at a good price. Looks like a beautiful place out there.
Ron,
Have a safe trip, hope that you have an enjoyable time.
Have a Great Day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:19 AM   #5087
bap

LOYD,, that is amazing and couldnt have happened to a better person,,awsome !!!

TIM,, that is truley wierd,,i would have had a hand on my weapon the whole time,,ya just never know what people are up to these days,,,,could have been legit could have been a set up..----it,s just strange how they wanted a driver and they split up..wierd for sure..

be back,,,gotta get my coffee a goin,,,lol
Old 06-26-2016, 07:27 AM   #5088

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Yep very weird and they had there daughter in the back seat of there car she appeared to be under 10 years old. I kept both hands on the steering wheel after she stated she has been in 3 car accident's I wanted to make sure I was in control incase she tried grabbing the steering wheel.
I'm making fresh coffee for a change, the coffee maker type and I bought a corning ware percolator for on top of the stove @ the flea market looks brand new. Just not sure how long to let it perk.

Tim
Old 06-26-2016, 07:31 AM   #5089

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning friends. It's a beautiful day and the coffee is especially delicious this morning. I am now the proud owner of a country coach Magna. The fellow that no showed on me a couple of weeks ago and I were finally able to meat. Took the coach for a drive check out all the systems and took it by Freightliner for a chassis check

Everything turned out great. The engine was replaced just 20000 miles ago due to a flaw in the original. This vintage of coach had two engine options and this one originally came with one that had an issue. New engine, new Turbo.

I have to admit I practically stole it. Does not have everything I wanted but it's a good start and will do for now.

She is in remarkably good shape for her age. The leather seats up front and the two chairs in the lounge could use a redye and the sofa needs to be reupholstered as she is a little warn. But other than that it looks brand-new inside.

Aci's were replaced just a couple of years ago and they crank.

I can't wait to hit the road. First stop the Country Coach facility in Oregon. Want to have them do a full check out and make sure everything is up to Snuff have them fix anything that needs it. But I can't find a thing other than what I mentioned about the furniture above.

So it's official. We finally have a coach.
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:35 AM   #5090
bap

where are the pics,,,i know we would all love to see her....

congrats on your find,,,,happy all turned out good for ya !!!
Old 06-26-2016, 07:35 AM   #5091

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning Everyone;
Tim - nice place to park. Bring some of the green with you to Yuma next fall, please! Very interesting story. Very kind of your brother and you to personally guide them to the interstate. Does not happen often enough now days, we are all too worried about bad things to do good things.

Lloyd. Nice surprise. Obviously your company and co-workers think very highly of you and are willing to show it. Now it will be up to you to find fun things to do on your time line. Hopefully the "Do List" you have created is not overwhelming. I find I get the most done when the list is big enough to need some action and not too small so I can put it off.

Attended our motorcycle club spring/summer BBQ. No one rode because it was raining but we had a great time anyway. Burgers and company was really good.

Managed to get about a 1/4 of the coach hand washed and waxed yesterday. Probably why it rained but did not affect my work as the coach is inside. Supposed to be showers for most of the day so will likely go back to the next portion of the coach. No plans to take it out until August so this time the wash and wax will last a bit longer!

Tim - good luck with the repairs. I am sure you and Joe will have great success. Biggest issue for the first time is not knowing how things will work. I am sure as soon as you start you will find a comfort level and things will go well. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the progress and final result. As Terry has demonstrated do not forget to use a mask and safety glasses.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:36 AM   #5092

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
County Coach Magna
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1466948118996.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	131317   Click image for larger version

Name:	1466948136640.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	131318  

Name:	1466948148824.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	131319   Click image for larger version

Name:	1466948160905.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	131320  

1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:04 AM   #5093

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club

Congrats looks like a beauty.
Tim
Old 06-26-2016, 08:12 AM   #5094

Winnebago Owners Club
Jay - I like it. The center door is a huge bonus.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:25 AM   #5095
bap

yup ,,that will work,,,very nice !!!!and to know ya gotta great deal...awsome!!!
Old 06-26-2016, 10:36 AM   #5096
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
LLoyd,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
cwk is online now   Reply With Quote