Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2016, 11:58 AM   #5097

Frank
Hot and humid uccck , looks like it's my turn for everybody to be envious.
This is the 8th day of mid-upper 70s and mid 50s at night ,,all sun except for a few afternoon showers (which seem to be missing me most of the time) but now that I wrote about it.......

Nut
NICE !

Lloyd
Great surprise , you WERE appreciated very much.

Tim
I can see why you moved back to that spot.
Next time , wait till it's dry to move ?
1 step at a time on the repairs and it will be over before you know it.
(I have a little bondo "placement" to do when I can find the time this summer too my only weapon will be a belt sander.....)

Gordon
Not moving till August ? You ARE a snowbird !
(Like I can say anything , 14 mi on the clock since Jan1st , 7 mi between parking spots or should I say lots ? )before anyone says it , I prefer to be called a "lot iguana" not lizard !!!

Bobby
Looks great .
Now , get some miles on before you have to fix something again !
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2016, 01:54 PM   #5098

Gulf Streamers Club
Copper Breaks State Park, near Quanah, Tx

Hello all. Made the 300 miles to Copper Breaks SP without incident.

Used dash air intermittently until arriving at park entrance, then turned on generator and both roof airs. 92 is hot enough for me. Chillin now. Yellow jackets in site shelter, need to dispose of them. Lake here and will be easing over to check it out.

Two nights and then will be in Woodward OK. Jay, saw your post about your new to you Country Coach Looks great, If there is anything I can do to assist Liberty Farms for the 9 or so days I will be there please let me know,.

Then traveling to Kansas to check out Glen Elder State Park. Reports to follow.

ronspradley
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 02:36 PM   #5099

Hi All!

Thanks very much to all! Still in a daze today,,,, but it really happened!

Okay, a few pics of the mud boggs!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160625_134603_resized.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	280.9 KB
ID:	131363   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160625_143614_resized.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	131364  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160625_154618_resized.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	357.0 KB
ID:	131365   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160625_160314_resized.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	325.5 KB
ID:	131366  

Old 06-26-2016, 03:36 PM   #5100

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening Gang,

WOW, miss posting for a few days and all sorts of stuff happens!

Lloyd, congratulations on the retirement and the great surprise. It's nice when people go to that much trouble and speaks very highly of what they thought of you. I hope you start to enjoy yourself like so many other who have retired do. Enjoy it, you've earned it.

Tim, I think it's great what you and your brother did. Never know now days but sometimes you just have to help someone.

Jay, congrats on the new coach. What length, 30 amp or 50, and does she have a name? I will add her to the list for "Meet & Greet". She is a beauty and once you make it yours it will be just right.

Jeff, I had a neck fusion done 4 yrs ago. They went in from the front and I have had no trouble. It actually helped a great deal to get rid of the pain after the accident. The thing that is weird about spinal surgery is you are in so much pain prior to the surgery that when they fix the problem and the pain is gone you feel like you can NOT listen to the surgeon and do what you want. That is what you have to be careful of. It's worth getting fixed to be done with the pain.

When we went camping last weekend there was a group of "Teardrop" camper owner's there. Those things were so cute and they had their yards decorated too. Every color you could think ok. They sure were beautiful!

Jerry got the TV in. Working on the cabinet, needs to be stained but the TV is working, 14 channels with just the aerial sitting in the driveway. Washed the car and MH today, it was 90 outside so the water felt great.

Friday we go to Ohio for a week and fireworks. Looking forward to it and it will be the first time we tow the car and dolly any distance. Will take it easy and check it often.

You all take care. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:30 PM   #5101

Nothing like playing in the mud.....when there's lots of help to get you out when you take on a hole that WINS!
Old 06-26-2016, 05:55 PM   #5102

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Hello all. Made the 300 miles to Copper Breaks SP without incident.

Used dash air intermittently until arriving at park entrance, then turned on generator and both roof airs. 92 is hot enough for me. Chillin now. Yellow jackets in site shelter, need to dispose of them. Lake here and will be easing over to check it out.

Two nights and then will be in Woodward OK. Jay, saw your post about your new to you Country Coach Looks great, If there is anything I can do to assist Liberty Farms for the 9 or so days I will be there please let me know,.

Then traveling to Kansas to check out Glen Elder State Park. Reports to follow.

ronspradley
Looking forward to the reports. Nice to have a pathfinder giving us the lowdown.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:25 PM   #5103

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Big Thunderstorm rolled through this afternoon, dumped probably an inch or so of rain, wind whipped up but then subsided a little while later, now it is in the low 80's. Grass will probably grow 2 or 3 " tomorrow, lol.
Jay,
Nice looking coach, glad that you have one that you like, now you have to get out and enjoy her.
Ron,
Glad that you are having a good time and had safe travels.
Lloyd,
Wahoo on the MUD!!!!
Lynne,
Glad that you had a good weekend, have a safe and good time in Ohio next week.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:51 PM   #5104

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Jay, nice score on the MH . Lloyd, brings back memories of the boggin days, so much work cleaning up , nice on the retirement party, kudos. Ron, I'm with Gordon, nice to have a recon team, looking forward to the report been hot here close to 90* that's hot for here, not going to complain it'll be over way to soon.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:40 PM   #5105

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!
Lloyd, that was a great surprise and I bet you are still grin'en!! The mud bogs look just like the kind of thing my son is into!
Jay, great score on the CC, she looks great! Ok, now we need to know what year she is, what motor, is it built on the Gillig chassis?
Tim, truly a weird story, but strange things happen when you live out in the country!
Ron, glad you are have a good trip so far, and like the others said, good to have the recon!
Popeye, nice weather!
Frank, sounds like normal Florida weather! Enjoy, stay cool!
Gordon, glad you had a nice meet and good burgers!
Lynne, glad you got the TV working, and have the 4th planned out!
Bobby, get out and enjoy yourself!
Charles, get into your new building yet? Bet you are busy moving! Take your time, and remember, lift with your legs!
MK, hope you are doing good!
Bap, Pic's Please????? Hehehehehe!!
Everything here is good, nice to be at home and caught up on things, and able to relax!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 06-26-2016, 10:10 PM   #5106

Gulf Streamers Club
Hello all. Earlier report of day one of trip being without incident was a little premature.

Just hooked up water and blew a water line fitting back at water heater. So no running water tonight. Will look at it tomorrow and see if I can get water heater out enough to reattach line. Tomorrow is not a travel day. Maybe I will still have time to take a trip up to Quanah and see if I can get some close up history of Quanah Parker. Quite the story.

Good night all.

ronspradley
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:45 PM   #5107

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Evening,
Lloyd,
Looks like fun mudding, Can I bring the 64 lolol
What a great day had the 64 for sale at the Hwy today so got nothing done on the MH a few lookers but no sale. OWell more driving it then for me.
Joe and I made corn beef today and then sliced and made Ruben's. w/polish sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, on Dark Pumpernickel, I tried it with Honey Mustard dressing which was pretty good the rest had 1,000 island. Then wrapped them in tinfoil and baked them for 15 minute's. Wow very good.
Tomorrow I hit the MH again its not suppose to rain for the next 4 days. B-day on Tuesday and I think I am going to go fishing then maybe head back to the S&B this retirement thing is just sometimes hard to take...

ron good luck on the repairs, I can get to mine from under the kitchen sink. Thanks for going to check out our meeting place next summer.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 05:23 AM   #5108

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, looks like another fine florida summer day.
Ron,
Hope that you can get your water leak fixed easily, a couple years ago , I had to replace the exit fitting out of the WH, the cheap plastic fitting had cracked, I replaced it with a galvanized fitting. Had to borrow an easy out from the local plumbing store to get the broken end out. Thanks for checking out Glen Elder Park for us, looking forward to getting to meet you in person.
Tim,
Good luck on selling the '64. Those ruben's sound fantastic. Don't forget to show pics of your progress on the MH repairs.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 05:55 AM   #5109
bap

goodmorning,,

LYNNE,,glad to see you back on,,,was getting ready to send the search team after ya,,lol,,,,,where you going in ohio ???

RON,,sure hope its an easy fix..

will try and get more space to post pics,,,,my account is full..

have a good day my friends
Old 06-27-2016, 05:56 AM   #5110

Good morning everyone coffee is great this morning...

Me and the DW took a friend of mine, she actually used to be one of my officers, out Friday night to dinner and the club cause she is moving back to Montana in a month. Going to miss her she is a real sweetheart and a good officer but she is going to work for the DOC up there......no not a doctor but the department 5cirrections...lol.

Saturday went to MIL visited and made liver and onions for supper....delicious. ...

Sunday watched some movies and then went shopping for a bit. A nice relaxing weekend hope everyone else enjoyed their weekend too.

Hope the repairs go well ron
Lynne it won't be long till we retire either
Jay she is a beauty...
Rail doing much better now fighting a little poison ivy...guess I got into it while I was spraying it to kill it....lol...kinda fitting like it's last ditch effort to do damage before it dies...like it knew you know....lol

Well Lloyd what a wonderful surprise for you...most of us just want to sneak out under the radar but you were not so lucky..lol
Spritz if your gonna make Rubens then you need to share...lol...it's early and you got my mouth watering...lol

Everyone have a great day and enjoy life..

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Total Rebuild | - »