Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:02 AM   #5111
Morning all!

72* here, another 90*plus day coming, We are really dry, no rain in a long time. My lawn is about dead.

So much to comment on, yes to all, the boggin was fun. We barely did it, and I spent 2-3 hours pressure washing the jeep and our mule. It was worth it.

This weekend we are in the Smokies with my daughter and her husband. We are going to head out around noon. I gotta get the coach ready. Not much to do, clean it, check the fluids etc..

Last week of work, I work from home today, and then go in Tues, Weds and Thursday. Friday I am done!!

Nut, nice coach. Looks great.

Tim, somebody will jump on that car. Just need the right one to come along.

Frank, the same occurs here, when it does rain we will get a gully washing,,,, then seemingly overnight the grass will grow inches!

Well gotta go, have a great day all!

2008 Thor Mandalay Presidio, 400 ISL
RVing since 1974!
Lots of Motorcycles
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2016, 06:20 AM   #5112
wow LOYD we sat around the table yesterday planning our smokey trip,,we should be there around the 10th..the grandsons are chpmping at the bits ,,,they are really into the race carts,zip lines, and sky diving is on there list this year,,---im gonna need more pain meds....lol

jeff n debbie, and our 4 4 legged family members
68 aristocrat,68 216 winnebago, ancient GTA,1963 airstream,
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:36 AM   #5113
Winnebago Owners Club
Morning Everyone;
Wow everyone seems to be really busy. Our days pass quickly but I do not seem to get as much done as you do. That's OK because I am retired! LOL

It appears to me that the stars are aligning for everyone and things are coming together. Nice to hear.

Sitting and waiting for Mr Dell to call. Have some issues with the video driver on my new laptop. I get a display driver has stopped responding and has recovered message. I have observed I generally get it while on the IRV forum. They have strived mightily to solve the problem. Hopefully today is the magic bullet.

Then out to do yard work. Hilled the potatoes yesterday and while there noticed the weeds are taking advantage of the recent moisture. Sad to say they will get to meet the hoe and I will get some exercise. So much for a lazy day.

Have a wonderful day.
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:00 AM   #5114

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning!

I have requested a build sheet from Country Coach on this unit. I'm told the chassis is a country coach proprietary but that doesn't seem right given the Vintage.

1994 model, 38 feet, no slides.

300 horsepower Cummins. 4 speed Allison. So I won't be pulling a stacker with this one.

I have yet to come up with a name for her I need to spend some time with her and get to know her personality.

She will be headed to the Country Coach Facility in Oregon soon for a good going-over and at that point I can identify some of the systems. I have a massive amount of manuals and paperwork. Everything is well documented and I am the third owner. The original owner was the uncle of the person I bought it from. She has been well cared for. As I said before other than some wear and tear on the furniture she looks brand-new inside.

My computer is currently fubar and I just smashed the screen on my phone 2 days ago. Limits me a bit on what I can do here.

I will get you more information when I can

Have a blessed day
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:03 AM   #5115
Goooodmorning all y'all!!!

After 11,000 miles I'm back in Sierra Vista. I'm afraid I'm a little burned out right now, the last few days were a bit of a slog. However, I did have a nice time exploring the Grand Canyon's North Rim. It's beautiful and not nearly as overcrowded as the South Rim. I drove through Zion NP too but it'll have to wait until off-season some time before I go back, mind boggling views and offset by horrific crowds (heavy sigh).

When I'm feeling more up to it I'll post a few photos, probably in the next day or so.

Geocritter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:06 AM   #5116

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
More pix
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1467039846942.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	131436   Click image for larger version

Name:	1467039858445.jpg
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	131437  

Name:	1467039869805.jpg
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	131438   Click image for larger version

Name:	1467039883937.jpg
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	131439  

Name:	1467039895804.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	131440   Click image for larger version

Name:	1467039909951.jpg
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	131441  

Name:	1467039935990.jpg
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	131442   Click image for larger version

Name:	1467039953805.jpg
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	131443  

Jay & Patty Executive Director Liberty Farms
County Coach Magna. Magna Carta "Maggie"
99 Jeep GC/05 SAAB 9-2x Aero (AKA Unicorn)
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:24 AM   #5117
Winnebago Owners Club
Jay - it's a beauty. Very nice interior. I expect it will work for you for a very long time.

Steve - welcome back to home base. Few days of rest and you will be refreshed. Glad the van worked the entire way.

Well Mr. Dell called and after a few minutes of remote connection I am out to see if his fix worked. Been 5 minutes and no errors!! Generally takes a couple days so will see.
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Old 06-27-2016, 03:15 PM   #5118
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Afternoon All,

Love my coffee in the AM while driving into w--k. Yummy!

Left w--k early as we were not busy and I had things to do. Took all the heater vents out of the MH and sanded them down and painted them, screws too. They were pretty scratched and just wanted to make it look a bit nicer. Just drying and then will go back in tonight.

Going to gas up the MH tonight. Figure tomorrow it will start going up for the July 4th holiday weekend so they can make more money. It is currently $2.23 to $2.49 depending on where you go.

Bap, the CG we are going to in Ohio is in Laurence. It is the NE corner of Ohio from what I understand. What part of Kentucky do you live in? Kentucky right? Sounds like you have plans with the GK's and be careful with that neck.

Jay, We have one slide and don't put it out if we are just stopping for the night. There is plenty of room with it in but it does make a big difference when both trying to cook. You sure got a beauty there, she will well for you.

Steve, welcome home. I love the North rim of the Canyon. It is so much quieter, especially when people who are not staying leave early to make that long drive back. There are some beautiful paths to walk around the rim and down the side on the North. You have to go back sometime.

Jerry has the frame for the TV cabinet stained and will be putting it in soon so I will take a pic when he has it back together and post. Sure looks nice, he did a good job.

Still no rain and we are DRY! Poor crops are crying dust! You all have a good night and take care. Lynne
Love the sunshine and warmer weather!
Lynne and Jerry RVM 105
2004 Winnebago Itasca Sunova / 2012 Toyota Prius / 2016 ACME EZE-Tow Dolly
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:22 PM   #5119
Good evening, all!

Steve, Welcome Home!!! Get some rest, unwind, then post photos when you are ready. We are very glad you had a safe and wonderful trip.

Jay, Time to change your signature line? (Hunting for the...)

Tim, Hope you are feeling better and the docs can do their best for you.

Lynne, Glad you are enjoying your MH some more. Sounds like you will.

Frank, We got a day's worth of rain here on Sunday, but nothing much in accumulation in our local area. But, it was enough to force me to take a day off from moving stuff out of storage.

Rail, Stunning photos. I think the term I would use is "culture shock." That is, the culture is so different that it kind of shocks the brain at first. But, after studying the photos a bit, they are magnificent. But, obviously not something we would see around most of these parts. Enjoy!

Rail, About your advice of "lift with your legs..." I have two crew members, in their early thirties that do the heavy lifting. I write the checks.

Building update: We have been moving stuff out of temporary storage for days. Today I had my 2-man crew with me. Lots of stuff moved. Tomorrow we will move the remainder of the "stuff" out of storage and into the new building. Later this week I will hire a flat-bed to move the two large pieces of equipment from storage to their new home. That will complete the move from temporary storage.

Then, I need to organize and set things up again. This will be just me as I normally only use the crew for deliveries. (They are from a small, local moving company that I have been using for many years. It works great!) After some organization, the next big task is electric for the building. 220V 100A would work very fine. Let's see what the county will let me have. I might need to cut it back a few amps as I am in a rural/residential area. I can run everything on less, so I am not worried. We will see.

I am really glad that I found this forum, and specifically this thread. I keep learning a lot from many folks as well as have made some friends. It also keeps reminding me of one of the things I want to do when the time is right: Go RVing! I am really looking forward to spending time with my wife relaxing and exploring. We both like to travel. Driving is fine for both of us. My first "RVing" experience was the 1972 VW Camper that I bought new. I traveled some by myself, and even took a long trip with my Dad in it. Unfortunately the air-cooled pancake engine "swallowed a valve" on the unpaved Alaskan Highway. But, I made arrangements for a replacement engine and shipping back east. I sold it a while later, but I miss it. It wasn't a true Class B, as it had no restroom facilities. But I used to pop up the top and sleep in the "hammock" up top. My Dad slept below on the fold down seats.

Keeping in touch with this thread, and reading many other posts of iRV2 is helping me mentally prepare and keep me excited. OK, time to step off the soap box.

Everyone, have a great evening tonight, and a great day tomorrow! Enjoy every day we are given.
Charles and Beverly
1996 Fleetwood Wilderness 35' TT.
Hunting for a Class A DP for us.
cwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:36 PM   #5120
Vintage RV Owners Club
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Yep very weird and they had there daughter in the back seat of there car she appeared to be under 10 years old. I kept both hands on the steering wheel after she stated she has been in 3 car accident's I wanted to make sure I was in control incase she tried grabbing the steering wheel.
I'm making fresh coffee for a change, the coffee maker type and I bought a corning ware percolator for on top of the stove @ the flea market looks brand new. Just not sure how long to let it perk.

7 minutes is the norm, Tim.
Martha (AKA RVM45), Bob, and Bess the Border collie
22'Honey Sportscruiser on a 1988 Ford Econoline.
Sometimes towing a powered Parachute.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:37 PM   #5121
Winnebago Owners Club
Charles; Congratulations on the move. Hope the power goes as requested and you get "full" power.
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Old 06-27-2016, 08:39 PM   #5122

Gulf Streamers Club
Evening all. Some trips over, some starting. Ain't this group great. I got the water line re-attached today. Fired up the water heater and get a much needed shower. People driving by my campsite do not roll up their windows anymore.

Tomorrow on to Woodward, Ok. Will be there for the 4th. Looked today but was not able to see what festivities are planned. But Woodward has a super WallyWorld so maybe I can make my own party.

Happy trails.

1993 Gulfstream Sun Voyager DP 30'
200 HP Cummins B5.9, 4sp Allison AT542
Toad 1998 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda CRV
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:14 PM   #5123

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
7 minutes is the norm, Tim.
Thanks, that's about what I did but will use timmer next pot, boy sure tastes better than Drip.
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 04:55 AM   #5124
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, weather, more of the same, hot and humid. We are going Kayaking again this morning, Rainbow river this time.
I haven't heard of that one in NE Ohio, sorry we can't come visit with you this time.
I have carried an old perk style pot for years, and finally had to leave it out when we went full time, with the Kureg and inverter, we don't need it, plus I usually only drink one cup a day.
Safe travels my friend.
Glad that you are back safe and sound, looking forward to more pics after you rest up.
Looks like you found a great coach, we are happy for you.
Good Luck on your power.
Well, getting ready to leave so catch you all later,
Have a great day all,

03 Silverado cclb 3500 drw, D/A, Reese 22k hitch
07 Alfa SeeYa Gold 30RL,2 slides,power everything
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Total Rebuild | - »