Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:01 AM   #505

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandjon View Post
Just finished my coffee. How about a glass of milk a stick of deer jerky LOL.
I made more jerky this year than I ever have. Over Christmas holiday had all three sons and their families at my house for the better part of a week. Everytime I looked up a Son, grandson or daughter in law was eating jerky. Luckily I saved some back but it's gone now. Guess this season I'll either have to make more or hide more! Lol

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2015, 02:25 PM   #506
bap

welcome jenandjon to the goodmorning gang, i use to live on deer meat and well anything i could drag out of the woods..lol...it was rare that i ever bought store bought meat..but man ya just cant beat fried wild turkey breast and a mess of morels...mmmm,mmm...thats what im waiting on come april here..

dont worry terry about laughing about the hammer,,,noone likes to be around me when im swinging either,,, i guess between you,huntski and myself we would make a dangerous crew,,lol

my wife has one of those parifin hot wax machine,s ,,she use to have a buisness with manicures,tanning,etc,etc,....i have used that and it sure does feel good,,,i will have to ask her where that is,,,if she didnt sell it with the other equipment that was a few years ago.

anyway bac k to work,,,just had to have an ALE8 break....
catch you guys at coffee time..

Old 02-03-2015, 03:53 PM   #507

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening all,

Jenandjon welcome to coffee time. You'll enjoy this bunch.

Went to see a Coachman Mirada today, 2003 330DS. I must say that I liked it. It just felt right. I know I have been talking a Newmar, but this one just spoke to me from the moment I stepped inside. I love the space even with the slides in.

Will be taking the DH back tomorrow to test drive it and get the slides put out. Battery was out of coach due to extreme cold here. Had a couple little things wrong, linoleum coming up in bathroom, no don't see any water stains on wood, and a couple of the plastic parts in the exhaust fans in ceiling were cracked. They said they would replace.

I just really liked the way it felt. Basement storage is smaller than I usually see and not sure if that is because it is not as high as most MHs or not. 30amp and tires looked good but need to check MFG date on them to make sure.

Otherwise, the shower is not the highest but it has elbow room and it has a rubber roof. Started right up in this cold weather.

So, tomorrow may be the day. Have a great evening all, see you in the morning, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:07 PM   #508

Winnebago Owners Club
Checked out some pictures on the 330 on the net. Nice looking coach. Bright and cheery inside. Roomy.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:22 PM   #509

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yeah, I was a bit surprised at the space with the slides in. You can get to everything without issue. Like I said, what I like least is the basement storage. So, how much storage do you need down there?
Old 02-03-2015, 05:07 PM   #510
bap

if it spoke to you it may have found its owner..,,,i know you were looking for a newmar but when the right one finds you it maybe something you never excpected,,,and viola match made in heaven...lol..

just from my experinces,,,when the DW and i first got into RV,S we had no clue what we were doing or even what we wanted,,we found a fleetwood southwind storm 30a,that we could afford and it was awsome,,nice and solid(we bought it around this time of year) i drove it it ran great the 454 seemed to have plenty of power for a gasser,,the inside like i said was totally awsome and clean,,,then came spring,,,,the roof was leaking and it had a couple soft spots in the floor,,,i fixed the roof we put in a new floor and lived in it for a year,,,then we went to our favorite campground and i swear we were the only ones in there that wernt in an airstream,,,yup airstream convention meet an greet,,,,the DW and i were hooked on the oler ones...we sold the fleetwood and was going to get an airstream...but while looking for a vintage camper we feel in love with the little tt,s first was a very old shasta all original cant remember the year as i type but it was like the ones there remaking now,,,,we sold it,,,yup sure did,,,because i like things that are different some of these that we have picked up like the aristocrat,,,ya just dont see them at least around here,,and we have an old GO-TAG-ALONG with ice box(needs total resto but it spoke to me when i was driving threw our town and a couple guys were hauling it to the scrap yard...lol,,and then theres the 66 holiday travler,,that just needs exterior paint,,,im all over that as soon as the weather breaks...lol...

i guess what im really saying is....the one that grabs your heart may not be the one you thought it would be at all...
sorry so long ,,,just all these things went through my mind after reading your message,,,,,---best of luck,,,and i hope you have found your match..
i would love to see pics,,,,how do i find it....
Old 02-03-2015, 05:23 PM   #511

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bap,

Go to (Atkins RV in Flint) motorhomes and scroll down to the 2003 Coachman Mirada 330DS. It is 34 ft long and white over purple. Kind of a strange color combo that I don't mind but we both like a TV cabinet on floor. I have had a neck fusion and looking up at the ceiling to see the TV just hurts. I do not like leather but really liked this couch and dinette. Don't know why so go figure.

Please go there and look at it. When the slides are out they have some sort of framing mechanism on the sides that I think must be part of what makes it slide but have never seen it before. Both slides would need awnings. Shower door is sticky, have to pull it hard to open, assuming this can be adjusted. Would love your opinion though because we are totally new at this and this will be our only MH so it needs to be the best choice I can make.

Talk with you tomorrow. Lynne
Old 02-04-2015, 08:28 AM   #512
bap

gooooodmorning guy,s and gals,,,,,will look that up lynne..

coffee is good this morning and the weather is great sunny and headed to 50...cant beat that...

the DW wants to take a 100mile trip today to go check out an old clay *mor camper from pics it looks very nice needs exterior paint but the interior has that awsome honey colored birch wood,,,i would hate to wast a great day on a trip to find one that is not what it looks like on pics,but thats the only way we will know for sure...

everyone have a great an safe day..
Old 02-04-2015, 08:46 AM   #513

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
bap,

Hope the TT turns out as nice as the pics. I started looking at what I would be storing in the basement of the Coachmen and I am not sure there is enough room. the basement storage is about half the size of most. There is no towel storage and I could put them under the bed but the basement storage is a real problem. No place to put a ladder even a folding one.

Think I will keep looking. Something will come up. Have a great day and another cup of coffee.

Lynne
Old 02-04-2015, 08:48 AM   #514

Tiffin Owners Club
Goooooodmorning irv2. Getting a late start this morning but fired up the coffee and poured a cup. Two sips in and I called the office and cancelled some not so important meetings.
Second cup inspired me to call back the office and just take the entire day off and make it a "me day"!
Who knows what 3rd cup will bring. Coffee, it's a goooood thing!!

Oh, wait....I'm retired so....
Old 02-04-2015, 08:57 AM   #515

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Looks nice but only 2 windows on drivers side would be a deal breaker for me. We like windows.
Otherwise it looks nice.
I bet your excited,
Go for it,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:34 AM   #516

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Yeah, I was a bit surprised at the space with the slides in. You can get to everything without issue. Like I said, what I like least is the basement storage. So, how much storage do you need down there?
Hi Lynne;
It all depends upon how much you are planning to take with you.

We have a suitcase, lawn chairs, golf clubs, a flat of preserves, the extra chairs for the dining table, etc.

It does not take long to fill up empty space. While traveling Janet found some treasures to take home and they are down there as well.

Our/my theory is you take as much stuff as you think you will need. If you dont use it you leave it at home the next time you are there and replace it with other stuff you think you might need. Repeat as necessary.

You might not need it but it sure is handy if you do. I carry a set of cordless power tools. Dont use them often but we do use them. The neighbour just bought a trailer and we will be building a set of steps for their outfit. When we got down I used the saw to trim the overhanging trees so I could park the MH.

We carry a compressor to pump up the tires. We have two motorcycles, SUV, two bicycles and the tires on the coach and trailer. So a compressor is important to me.

I like laying stuff out so I can actually find it without moving a bunch of other stuff. The larger space allows me to do that.

Addendum; Having read the rest of the thread I notice that you are still looking. Good luck.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:01 AM   #517

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Hi Lynne;
It all depends upon how much you are planning to take with you.

We have a suitcase, lawn chairs, golf clubs, a flat of preserves, the extra chairs for the dining table, etc.

It does not take long to fill up empty space. While traveling Janet found some treasures to take home and they are down there as well.

Our/my theory is you take as much stuff as you think you will need. If you dont use it you leave it at home the next time you are there and replace it with other stuff you think you might need. Repeat as necessary.

You might not need it but it sure is handy if you do. I carry a set of cordless power tools. Dont use them often but we do use them. The neighbour just bought a trailer and we will be building a set of steps for their outfit. When we got down I used the saw to trim the overhanging trees so I could park the MH.

We carry a compressor to pump up the tires. We have two motorcycles, SUV, two bicycles and the tires on the coach and trailer. So a compressor is important to me.

I like laying stuff out so I can actually find it without moving a bunch of other stuff. The larger space allows me to do that.

Addendum; Having read the rest of the thread I notice that you are still looking. Good luck.
Yep, cordless tools always with me and use them more than you think. I placed a removable shelf in one of my bays and have plastic dish pans that act like drawers that I keep things in. That way I can remove the dish pan to dig threw it and find what I need. I hate being on my knees under a slide out looking for things I know I have, Somewhere! Lol
Old 02-04-2015, 01:35 PM   #518

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi all,

Yep, I figure if the space is there and not being used it is better than being short and needing space. I just figure the DH will not want to leave his clubs behind and he might kick me out of the bed so he has room for them.

So, I will keep looking. At least I stopped before I put some money down and or purchased it. I do have a better idea now of what is really necessary and what is not. Narrowing it down......

Lynne