Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:24 PM   #5167

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Bap, all I can say is,
Ok, I have a story of a buddy that was fishing on Clinton Lake in central Il. in his boat, the "Flying Flipper". He was tying his hook, and when done he had the bad habit of biting off the excess line! Well this time he was biting off the excess line, and a big horse fly bit him on the arm, his arm jerked, and he hooked himself right through his lip! My other buddy that was with him at the time, had to shove the hook on through, and cut the barb off, to get the hook out, of course, trying to maneuver the pliers inside his mouth, and not clamp down on anything other than the barb of the hook, with a pair of dirty fishing pliers, and them laughing, and hurting, all at the same time!! Oh did we tease him after that! Fish hooks are not very forgiving!! I hope your finger heals up quickly! It will be sore for sure!!
Tim, hope the surgery goes well! Prayers buddy!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2016, 06:06 AM   #5168

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Sitting here at the CG in Ohio enjoying the quiet and coffee. WOW is this place big! (Note to self, find smaller CG next time) although the people here are return customers for the fireworks display that they say is fabulous. They do it out over the lake and the fireworks are the reason we picked this place so hopefully they are fabulous as rumored.

Tim, A lot of the time when someone has been battling a problem like this when the decision is finally made to remove the poisoned part, they find it is a relief to not have to deal with it any longer. I hope that is where you get mentally at some point. Prayers out to you and you know all here will be praying for you and a fast recovery!

Bap, years ago when we were fishing a guy next to us was showing his young son how to fish. The young boy was having trouble casting. Dad kept showing him and the kid finally seemed to get it. With a huge effort he swung way back to get the line way out there just like his Dad did and caught his Dad in the back with the hook. Yanked that puppy with his full swing and caught it good. Dad ended up doing surgery out there because there was nothing anywhere close Kid crying hole time, Dad trying to calm him and Dad trying to be gentle and get this really embedded hook out. He got it out and they went home and I always wondered if they went fishing again. What a memory for your GS to have with you.

TV working like a charm. 24 channels here with just the batwing. Firewood is really expensive and they say you can't bring in. Lot's of people have so we will be finding some outside CG for tonight. Love a campfire!

I wonder how fast Gordon and I could wash and wax a rig if we were together? Might have to do that while in Kansas. On Gordon's or my rig. HEHE!

You all have a good day, I am going to explore. Hope I don't get lost. Don't have my compass with me.

Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:18 AM   #5169

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is god again, weather , more of the same (and I love it) Having a graduation party at the pool (and lodge) tomorrow, about 50 people so we are cleaning up and mowing around the pool. today.
Everyone stay safe and if you ar out on the road, be extra diligent,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:51 AM   #5170

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Have a question. What would make the water coming out of the water heater smell really bad? We de-winterized the rig, went camping down to get the window fixed and used it, went camping and used it, all no problem.

Turned on the water yesterday (hot water) and it smelled. Jerry wants to know if a rod needs replaced or what is the problem if any of you know. Will check back in later and thank you. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:08 AM   #5171
RVM1

Goooodmorning!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Good Morning,

Have a question. What would make the water coming out of the water heater smell really bad? We de-winterized the rig, went camping down to get the window fixed and used it, went camping and used it, all no problem.

Turned on the water yesterday (hot water) and it smelled. Jerry wants to know if a rod needs replaced or what is the problem if any of you know. Will check back in later and thank you. Lynne

Lynne, it's sulpher smell. At our (former) S&B when the MH sat patiently waiting to be used, the water heater did that. We flushed it out thru the sink faucet each time we went camping. Something about the local water. Our heater has a stainless steel tank; no anode rod required.
I didn't try to figger the science of it, just flushed it out and carried on.
While fulltime it gets used nuff to stay unstinky.
At the first onset, I was accused of phooffing!

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:21 AM   #5172

Morning from the smokies!

Traffic was horrible, many miles of jams. But we are here, nice cg great weather. Unfortunately it sounds like I may have blown another exhaust gasket, will need to check when I get home. Have that tell tale whistle when the exhaust break is on.

Sulphur water would be my vote also Lynne.

Frank, I thought you graduated years ago?

Have a great day!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:31 AM   #5173

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
morning,
coffee is great, I'm going for perked next pot.
furnace just kicked off, what the heck, next it will be snowing. Hey can we then go to our winter getaway?
I don't ever remember it this cool in JULY. Owell life will go on.!!! Maybe Al's on to something!!!
Caught the first fish last evening. Maybe 1/2lb not big but will be tasty. Total 13 crappies between the 3 of us. I caught 1 Northern (a baby one ) so tossed it back in to grow until I catch it next time up here.
Lots of fishing stories,
so I will add one.
Yesterday while fishing I hooked something big, the lake is so clean I could see if flip maybe 10 foot down and the line went limp, I continued to reel the line in up, there's the weight, but no jig, no minnow What the . I tie the jig with a loop type knot. it was still tied together in a loop. Tied up another gig, baited a minnow & back in the water it went and up came the little Northern.
The eagle's I mentioned before have built a new nest under the big one. She was sitting on something. Beautiful evening for fishing. There were so many camp fires going around the lake, and each had a nice smell, its a small lake. I didn't take any pics because I had taken a few years ago. Can't find on computer so I will take a few pic's of current location.

No foot talking, except tooo say I had and am okay with the lost of the big toe (dealng with a total of 1-1/2 -2 years) and not okay with the next toe and part of foot. Still NOT okay with that.

Sun is out and brite. I could really live here, until October of course then head So.
more fishing today, liken that.
Thanks again and Happy 4th of July
Those on the road be safe,
Thanks for the prayers and well wishes
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:45 AM   #5174

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s a beautiful sunny day here in Sierra Vista, yesterday was cool, stayed below 80, but threatened rain all day (and occasionally made good on the threats). Summer monsoon season’s here! My morning coffee’s good again. Though the beans got a little cooked and dried out sitting in my hot RV while I was gone I’ve figured out how many additional scoops to add to make it taste good.

I’m feeling a lot better today, finally shaking off my post-adventure let down. I’m beginning to mentally make plans to head to Ruidoso NM and then to northeast Illinois to visit friends and some places around Chicago that were special to my late wife and me such as the Chicago Botanical Gardens in Glencoe and Chicago’s Art Institute, among a myriad of other places. Of course while I’m in the area I’ll have to have a Home Run Inn pizza and a Portillo’s Italian beef sandwich, dipped in its own cooking juices with sweet peppers added, YUMMM! I have so many good memories of Illinois, but enough bad memories that I’ll probably never move bad. Unfortunately, the bad memories evolve around the states perpetually corrupt government.

Hopefully I’ll get some photos sorted out from the +1,000 photos I have to sort through. I also have to delete old photos from my photo hosting site so I don’t end up with problems there too.

The lady in the RV next to me has put up a bird feeder right outside my window and it keeps getting visited by doves. Doves are sooo tasty, it makes me want to drag out my BB gun and bag a few for dinner. Somehow I don’t think that would be appreciated in here. Hmmm, maybe if I invited her to a dove dinner…

I’m glad all y’all are beginning to get out and about this summer.

Steve

PS the talk of fishing incidents reminded me of my son, he was just a little guy when he walked to the end of the pier and tried casting. When he cast out his line he lost his balance and fell face forward into the lake off the end of the pier! Talk about follow-through!
Old 07-02-2016, 10:54 AM   #5175

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning everyone.
Just lost a very long post. Not sure why hitting the backspace key to clear a spelling mistake would kill everything but it did.

Starting over.

Lynne. Agree with the water diagnosis.

I like to sanitize the tank quite often because I do not have a good feeling for what happens when we mix water from different sources. No idea of how the different chemical compositions interact.

So I suggest you could turn the water supply off and drain the hot water tank. Don’t forget to release the pressure by opening a hot tap before removing the anode or plug. I managed to shoot the anode about 20 feet one time when taking it out because I did not. Lucky not standing directly in front.

Anyway with the tank drained and the plug replaced, unhook the water hose and drain it. Add a couple cups of bleach (nothing succeeds like excess), hook the hose back up and turn the water on. The hot tank will fill with the bleach and water solution. Open the hot taps and let enough water through until the bleach is evident. I like to let it sit for a while but with a high concentration of bleach it should not take long to sanitize the tank and lines.

You can either drain the tank again or just let the water run to clear the bleach. Don’t forget to open the grey tank when you are doing this.

Things are grand here. Spent yesterday weeding the garden, spraying weeds with weed killer and other areas with Roundup. Have not had to water this year. Since it rained right after we planted the garden it has rained or showered just at the right times to keep everything moist. Potatoes and peas are staring to bloom. Beans are close behind. Carrots are about 4 inches high. Weeds are keeping me busy.

Another warm cloudy day with sunshine predicted after lunch. May have to cut grass.

Tim - going to be great to be without the constant nagging pain.

Have a grand day.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:12 PM   #5176

Gulf Streamers Club
Evening all. Another not scorching day in Woodward, Ok. Mostly cloudy all day. Wanted to go to town today to check the farmers market. Looked up address on computer, 13th and Locust. That will be easy to find. So me and Chico drive the 15 miles into town, and I drive to 18th and Pecan. Cannot find the farmers market anywhere. Drive around looking, find the old hwy thru town, Main street of course. Great street, lots of mom&pop stores and cafes. So I finially give up on finding farmers market, stop at Auto Zone for wipers, ask the guy where is farmers market? He says easy, go to light, turn left, two blocks. So I go to light, turn left, two blocks, and sure enough there it is. 13th and Locust. How did I miss it? Bought some banana nut bread and back to camp. As you can see, life is exciting in Oklahoma.

Stay safe out there.

ronspradley

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:33 AM   #5177
bap

goodmorning friends,,

RON,,sounds wonder why ya didn't find it the first time....lol--sounds like one of my adventures

well everyone around here is calling me captain hook for some reason..lol,,
DEBBIE and I have been busy working on the little metzendorf will be finishing up the painting today and DEBBIE will lay down the tile then I will mount the new white wall tires on her and she should be ready to roll,,,,will post some pics when I learn how to delet some old ones so I can down load new ,,

everyone have a great 4th,,stay safe and if your playing with fire works make sure you have adult supervision....

latter taters...

GOD BLESS
Old 07-03-2016, 07:02 AM   #5178

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning gang,
Lloyd,
That's a good one, I refuse to grow up, lol. Enjoy your 4th.
Lynne,
I agree with the sulfur smell, I always used to drain my hot water tank, if the unit sat for more than a month. You might not need the bleach, if the smell goes away by just draining and refilling the HW tank, if it doesn't, then the bleach treatment that Gordon said will have to be done.
Steve,
Glad that you are recovering. Can't wait to see more of your trip.
Ron,
I thought that I was the only one that did that, lol.
Bap,
Impatiently waiting on the pics of the great work that you and Debbie do.
Have a GREAT 4th ALL,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:55 AM   #5179
bap

LOYD,,, glad you made it to the smokies,,hate your having the trouble,,hope its not bad,,
how long will you be there,,,asking because were not to far behind you..what cg are ya at..

FRANK,, I cant find anyway to remove old pix to free up space for new pic,s...

LYNNE,, sure hope the fireworks are fantastic there,,,and about firewood you cant bring it from other states because of the emerald ash bore beetle,,if you can find a local firewood seller it would be ALOT cheaper,,may have to get his name and number for the cg..---have a blast !!!

STEVE,, happy recoup.,,cant wait to see more pic,s of steves big adventure..

TIM,,prayers still going up for ya buddy,,and fish more and fish more often,,just watch out for those barbed hooks...lol

lookin like rain here today,,but nice and cool outside this morning,,
gotta get crackin,,
jeff
Old 07-03-2016, 08:34 AM   #5180

Morning!

Late start today, 82* now.

BAP, we are in Stecoah, on the east side of the park. Avoided running through the gap on a holiday weekend.

Over on this side is motorcycle mecca. Bikes everywhere, besides that nothing but open area, pretty woods,,,,,, and lake fontana.

Have a great day all.

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote