Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:09 AM   #5181

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Fireworks last night was fantastic! Loads of people but most behaving themselves. We walked down to the "fishing lake" and sat on a blanket and watched them go OFF! Pow, what a display!

Did the bleach in the system, let it sit for a while, and then flushed it. No smell after done and shower was sulfur free this am. We will be emptying the WH between camping trips from now on. Still a lot to learn but we will get there.

Busy CG, people next to us are several families from the same family. Brothers, their wives, and the kids and Grandparents. Good Fathers all of them. They hug on these little kids often and the ladies sit and smile every time they do so, so do I.

They have a black lab. He is the best behaved dog I have ever seen. Great temperament.

Steve, hope you feel better soon. Jeff, can't wait to see how this redo turns out. You two do such nice work it is always a pleasure to see it. Ron, sometimes safe is the best way. I don't mind a bit of boredem occasionally.

Well, back to playing around here. Going to go to the Hoot Owl house today to see the Owls. Take care all, Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2016, 09:21 AM   #5182

Gulf Streamers Club
Morning all. Beautiful morning here at Ft Supply Lake COE, OK. Rain and thunderstorms most of the night. Light occasional showers continuing. Bap, if you are talking about the limit you get for pictures here on IRV2, you know you get I think unlimited pictures to add if you are a paying "supporter". I think it is less then $15 a year. Speaking of picture, adding one of the bouquet I picked yester while walking with Chico, the wonder chihuahua.

ronspradley
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bouquet for Chico.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	131908  

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 12:12 PM   #5183
cwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
t I think unlimited pictures to add if you are a paying "supporter". I think it is less then $15 a year.
Click on the blue banner "iRV2 Supporter" under Ron's picture and you get all of the details. 50MB of attachments for free. 500MB of attachments as a supporter. 25 Profile Album Photos for free. 1,000 Profile Album Photos as a supporter. Cost: 15.03/year (recurring). There are more benefits. Click on someone's blue banner to see them.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:35 PM   #5184

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening All,

Another beautiful day mostly. Sitting here with Jerry in front of the fire pit. Another of my favorite things about camping. Love a long quiet campfire.

Went to look at the hoot owl exhibit, it closed years ago but still on the CG map. Going to say something to them about that.

We looked around a while and on the way back to our spot we took a different road just to look at some of the rigs. There were 2 men holding an older gentleman up and they were doing the heimlich. on him. They thought he was choking. He wasn't.

I told them to put him down and started compressions. They had already called 911 (ambulance was down the hill for another man who had died) so they arrived pretty fast. Checked his heart pattern, shocked him, and no go. Continued CPR and Grabbed the ambu bag and started breathing for him. They put the chest compression board on him. (does compressions automatically) and loaded him and went.

Checked later and he made it. He was in surgery getting a stent but they expected a full recovery. One of the guys who had been working on him was pretty upset. I told him he saved the guy and he started crying. This is so normal to me I forget it is hard on other people.

Hard way to have a day go but also a good way. He made it! Happy 4th Johnny, glad you are still with us.

Keep your loved ones close, give them a hug, tell them you love them and have a peaceful July 4th.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 11:49 PM   #5185

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Way to go Lynne!!
We're back in Bangkok visiting Jira's aunt. She is in the hospital, with heart problems! She is 86 years old! We will stay for a few days just to make sure she is better, as she is much better today!
Everyone take care of yourself! Will post more later! Rail!
Old 07-04-2016, 07:05 AM   #5186

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Happy 4th to all.
Lynne,
Thank goodness that you were there for that gentleman. Glad to hear that he is still with us.
bap,
Sorry that I can't help you with that one, maybe check with one of the moderators and they can help you get rid of some of the old photos.
Rail,
Prayers for a speedy recovery for Jira's Aunt
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:33 AM   #5187

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
morning,
currently 60, Suppose too be sunny and a high of 76 today,
its raining, We need it though my yard is parched.

Ron,
Somehow I mostly are after you how doses that happen?

Lloyd glad you made it sorry about your problems.
I think my Manifold gasket is going out again, this will be the 3rd time to repair. I think I am going to have headers put on. I should have done it the 2nd time but they repaired it under warranty.

Gordon, I lost a post the other day but for a first I forgot to hit submit.

bap, and all,

thanks for the well wishes and prayers.

The infection appears to be spreading to the 3rd toe as of yesterday when I changed the dressing. Its starting at the base of toe and at the top of toe. We are going home tomorrow instead of Wednesday. I am going to email the doc today so he will know my findings tomorrow when he gets back from the long weekend. Really getting nervous now. Maybe they can do the surgery on Wednesday. Not holding my breath.

Got "almost" 1/2 of the MH waxed yesterday, I went with the old reliable Turtle paste wax this time, Man it works great on the Re-oxidized parts. I forgot my buffer so doing it all by hand. I had to stop working on the repairs to the rear cap. My little pancake couldn't keep up with the demand for the sander.
Maybe if it clears today I can get the other 1/2 done. Won't be doing any of that after surgery for awhile.

Went out fishing last night and I caught the first crappie and the only one I caught , Jo and his Dad caught a few more. His neighbor is having a fish fry tonight, glad they aren't relining on our fishing capabilities. we would go home (back to the MH) hungry.
A few pics
the lake, neighbor's hot boat 150hp , plane Joes dad made, shiny MH and camp site, my little one having a bad hair day... she gets up after me and lays on them till noon.
That's about it,
Happy 4th of July
Fly our flag
Those on the road be safe,
Thanks again for everything,
Tim
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160702_111654.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	131993   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160702_113646.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	131994  

Name:	20160702_113357.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	302.2 KB
ID:	131995   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160702_113834.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	320.7 KB
ID:	131996  

Name:	20160703_164532.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	131997   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160702_081602.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	131998  

Name:	20160702_081643.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	131999  
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:30 AM   #5188

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Happy 4th to all our American Friends.

Well done Lynne. Nice to win once in a while. God put you in the right place at the right time. Someone's husband, father, grandfather will have more time with his family thanks to you. Have Jerry give you a hug from all of us.

Tim - MH is looking grand. Perhaps it would be better to leave the polishing until later. Being on your foot could be irritating the other toes. Take care.

Lawn mowing today and then my brother, sister in law, nephew and his wife (niece in law?) will be coming over for dinner. Nephew and his wife work shifts, brother and sister in law are retired so we will be having dinner with them tonight.

Hope everyone has a great July 4 celebration.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:37 AM   #5189
bap

goodmorning my friends,,

TIM,, pics are great thanks for posting,,my family and the fella up the road are praying for you,just want ya to know your in our thoughts even when I'm not on here my friend.

as far as the pics go I need to become a supporter to post more pics and to be honest as much as I love this site I need to support it anyway so when I get time I will and then post up pics of the metzendorf,,,Debbie is having a blast with this one..lol,,wwouldnt be surprised if she kept it for her self..lol,,,we have people that just drive by wanting to buy it even before I sanded off the green camo, green rebel flag and mary jane leaf..lol,,--Debbie layed the cvt tile in it yesterday white and light pink..
all that's really left to do is take off the old jack and put on a new one put in a couple new windows then run a new copper line for the 2 burner cook top,,then a final coat of exterior paint then another coat of roof coating..

welp,,gotta get crackin,,,---have a great 4th,,and like TIM said fly our flag high this day and be proud of who we are and those that make our country free!!!

GOD BLESS...
jeff
Old 07-04-2016, 11:50 AM   #5190
cwk

Happy Fourth of July to everyone!

Lynne, Thanks for being there and helping! I am sure he and his family are very happy. God can put us in the right place at the right time.

Tim, Great idea to let the Doc know the change ASAP. Maybe send him a photo? Best of luck and prayers! And, your PA looks very, very good in that photo. Wow!

Rail, Best and prayers to Jira's Aunt.

We are still working to "unpack" and setup everything at the new building. Tomorrow I will have my last two large pieces of equipment taken out of storage and brought to me. To get ready, my wife and I have been "down-sizing" to eliminate "stuff." You know, the kind of things that you "know you will need one day" but has been in a box for years? Since our recent move from the old S&B to this much smaller one, lots of "stuff" has been in paid storage (until the new building was erected) and now is in the new building. Also in the new building is all of the shop materials and equipment. Nothing else will fit in the house! It's time to PURGE!

If we are ever going to go f/t in a Class A, we better learn how to get rid of more stuff. One note that I will make is that a lot of our "stuff" that is in the current S&B is work-related. That will go away upon retiring. (Oh, that thought sounds nice.)

So far, we have processed a combination of "recycle" materials (AKA, fodder for the county recycling center at the landfill), Yard Sale items (held an impromptu one yesterday, on a Sunday, and watched some stuff leave and got paid for it! more to come...), and a bit to some relatives. Very little is staying with us. We found stuff today that we didn't even know we had.

If anyone has any "rules" for down-sizing, I'm all ears!

Best to everyone! Stay safe and have a Happy Fourth!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:04 PM   #5191

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwk View Post
If anyone has any "rules" for down-sizing, I'm all ears!
Here are some rules;

Golden Rule: He who has the gold makes the rules. He who spends the gold has to store the stuff.

If there is a space, something will find it's way to occupy it.

If a space opens up, something will fill it.

When all the spaces are filled nothing more can come in to fill them.

As soon as you sell, give away or throw out an article you will need it.

If you have an article you will not be able to find it when you need it. Buy another one and the one you have will be found sitting on top or in front.

I am of the opinion if you have the space you might as well keep the stuff. If you buy a smaller place the decision what to keep will be made when your available space is full in the new place.

Planning to downsize into the future for a smaller accommodation will never be successful. You will have space at your current location that something will find a space to sit.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:10 AM   #5192

Good morning!

We are home safe and sound. 16 days till our next trip.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and 4th!

Not sure what's going on with our exhaust manifold, it is a known problem for our engine, but we had it addressed, we thought! It has a whistle or sequel when the engine break is working, same symptom as last time.

Will call the mechanic once it gets a little later.

This is my real first day of retirement.

Have a great day all.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:55 AM   #5193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Good morning!

This is my real first day of retirement.

L.
Congratulations on your retirement Lloyd!!!

Steve
Old 07-05-2016, 07:09 AM   #5194

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Hope that everyone had a great 4th. We stayed home after we went out to dinner and got a few groceries. Didn't feel like fighting the crowds at the fireworks.
Tim,
Great pics, smart thing to email Doc about the foot. You are in our prayers my friend. MH looks great.
Charles,
I have to agree with Gordon, we do tend to fill every space that is open.
Lloyd,
Welcome to the ranks of the retired, now the real work begins, lol.
Have a great day all,
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote