Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:51 AM   #5195

Hope everyone's have a good day after the festivities last night....

Coffee is ok this morning...dunno if it's the maker or what but not all the grounds were brewed....hmmmm....

Back down at MD Anderson for my monthly maintenance treatment....one of those hurry up and wait kinda days...

Tim hope everything goes well with your foot praying for ya...

Lloyd I have heard that you work harder after retirement since mine is coming up in a couple of years....1 1/2 actually. .....so your gonna have to let me know....lol

Finally got in the 5er Sunday and wouldn't ya know it the counter with the kitchen sink was split....now gonna have to pull it out and put in corrian....

Hope everyone has a great day

Mk

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2016, 08:21 AM   #5196

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
currently I can't find my new weather station.
Coffee is wonderful, I made a percolator type and a pot of drip, I really prefer the percolator pot better.

Lloyd,
Congrats again your going to love it. I love it myself. I can leave when every I want and not worry about calling the boss to take off work.

bap,
thanks man much appreciated and prayers are welcomed. We are coming home today. I got a message last night from my regular Doctor just telling me about surgery Thursday which I already knew. I'm glad he took the time too leave a message even on a Holidy
cwk,
Much appreciated prayers always welcome.
"If anyone has any rules for down-sizing I'm all ears!"
Sell sell sell, I have said before I have a 2 1/2 car garage and can only fit the 64 in there. I have collected so much stuff its unreal and my basement Full . We are going to try and sell at a Flea Market. I can take the PA. They allow you to stay Friday Sat, Sunday to sell and its 20 bucks a night for power.
Steve,
Really glad your felling better. The pics were fantastic...
Every time I wax the PA I remember you talking about meeting and have a kind of wax off. Maybe this winter, we plan on getting down to your area. Maybe the Turtle will still look good. I just finished waxing Front ,rear and one side complete since we got up here. To me it's a job I really enjoy, I have used almost a whole can of the Turtle I will need to buy another can to finish, hoping to "Get her done" before I have surgery.
Thanks again everyone for the prayers defiantly welcome I believe they work and will help me get thru this surgery.

Well I pretty much packed everything last night and I have more to do before we can hit the road so better get going.
I bet I get a couple more MPH with the wax job I got done up here.
Those on the road be safe,
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:54 AM   #5197

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening everyone!
We are still down in Chon Buri staying at Jira's sister's house and commuting back and forth to Bangkok to see her Aunt in the hospital! We took the bus up to Bkk, then rode the BTS ( elevated train) to the hospital! Was kind of cool, but would not want to do everyday! Here are a couple of pictures I took, the one is of " Victory Monument " which is the very center of Bangkok, the other are at the hospital. This is a military and public hospital near the center of town. Not the same one I go too! Jira's aunt is not any better and is still in ICU! Although her appetite is coming back, so hopefully she will get better!
Tim, I am praying for you too buddy, so, you know! Hope everything goes OK with your surgery!
Everyone take care and be safe out on the road! Rail!
Old 07-05-2016, 08:57 AM   #5198

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Duh, I forgot to attach the pic's??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1467726960586.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	132119   Click image for larger version

Name:	1467726986797.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	132120  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1467727013236.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	132121  
Old 07-05-2016, 09:00 AM   #5199

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Absolutely correct I couldn't agree more Gordon.

Good morning people coffee is fantastic as usual.

As you can see by the signature I have given her and name. Magna Carta or Maggie for short.

An appointment at CC in Oregon so she can get an wxam. Two weeks to go for that. I hope you all had a fabulous Independence Day
Old 07-05-2016, 01:18 PM   #5200

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Afternoon All,

Coffee has been great the last few days because we are camping (glamping) and I am on vacation so everything is better.

Johnny is still with us. He had a complication and had to have 2 more stents and then he was flown out to Cleveland Clinic. It's touch and go, but he has a chance and I am trusting God to do what is right for Johnny. His family is doing as good as can be expected.

When we moved out of the last house we purged. Said, not going to fill this one up. His Mom died, we got stuff, my Mom died we got stuff. Kids moved out, they left their stuff. They have been told it either goes to their place this summer or it goes out. My bet is it goes out.

Seems like there is always more stuff. We humans are all a bunch of packrats. Good luck with the down sizing. It is a game of what do we need most. If you get rid of it cause you haven't used it in 5 years bets are you will need it. A basement is just another junk room.

Hope you all had a good 4th. Love my Freedom! Keep safe, best wishes for upcoming week, prayers to all in need, good wax job on the PA and someday we will all meet.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:34 PM   #5201

Hi all!

Some storms came through here this afternoon, went from high 90`s to mid 80`s in just a few minutes. Didn't get much rain.

Need to move the coach in the barn tomorrow, mechanic coming to look at the exhaust leak Thursday morning.

Was thinking about waxing the coach while it is in the shop. Which leads to my question,,,,,,,, what elec buffer are you guys using?

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:56 PM   #5202

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Jay,
Nothing was in your signature, you will have to try again. Maggie sounds like your dream come true, we hope that after your checkup at CC, that everything works out like you want.
Lynne,
The Clinic is one of the best heart hospitals in the country, so he is in the best of hands.
Rail,
Those are unbelievable places that you are so fortunate to see, thank you so much for sharing them with us.
Have a great evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:43 PM   #5203

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Hi all!

Some storms came through here this afternoon, went from high 90`s to mid 80`s in just a few minutes. Didn't get much rain.

Need to move the coach in the barn tomorrow, mechanic coming to look at the exhaust leak Thursday morning.

Was thinking about waxing the coach while it is in the shop. Which leads to my question,,,,,,,, what elec buffer are you guys using?

L.
Hi Lloyd; I have been using the Armstrong brand so far. LOL

I have a random orbital but need to get some supplies and do a bit of practice first. Have to figure out what to get.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:31 AM   #5204

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
morning,
currently. 65
Got home late last evening . Had lots of lighting on the last 25-30 miles and lots of rain glad that I got it (MH) detailed before heading home. We stopped @ the last rest area before Mpls, to wait it out and have dinner.
The PA ran flawlessly. Ran 65 almost the whole way home.
Found a coupe tic's on me while up North gee's I hate those little buggers.
The toes are looking pretty gross. I took a few Pic's yesterday after we got home too remember what they looked like before they take them tomorrow. I have to go for a physical this morning.
Personally I went back to Turtle Paste wax no cleaners. I used elbow grease this time because I forgot my buffer at home. I did front and rear caps and completed one side. I will run my buffer over all areas to just bring out the shine and what a shine it has already..
I use a Milwaukee buffer, love it but you have to be careful not to burn the paint. I know first hand.
https://cdn.milwaukeetool.com/~/medi...28407_5540.jpg
That's about it,
Prayers still wanted for tomorrow's procedure.
Thanks guy's
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:33 AM   #5205

Morning, 74* this morning.

Hi Gordon, I have a high speed buffer, for buffing, but have never used one for waxing and think I need something slower for waxing. Thought maybe some one here had a recommendation.

Rail, I am amazed by the pictures and your descriptions, I never thought about that country as modern and progressive as you have shown. In my head were thatch huts, outdoor cooking and third world suffering. Thanks for sharing!

Have a great day all.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:46 AM   #5206

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Tim,
I have used Mcquires cleaner wax for years before I went with the spray wax,I don't use a buffer. although I think the next time I do the front cap, I will borrow one. I have to address the decal issue first. Will keep you in our prayers until you get healed up.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:52 AM   #5207

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Tim, best of luck on the Operation, we will have you in our thoughts and prayers.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:18 AM   #5208

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Lloyd - I hear you. I have a variable speed random orbital but not enough research done to give it a try. I do not know anyone near me with experience to supervise me so I am leery of burning a hole. So more research is needed.

Tim - best wishes for a surgeon with a steady hand and a super staff. Best to you for a quick and successful surgery.

Microwave made a popping noise last night and now there is no power to it. Lights, fan, etc are dead. Power at outlet so today is a take it out and see what I can see. They say there are no user serviceable parts in it but I found a video that says there is a fuse that can be replaced. Now just have to get it out. It is an over the stove installation so how tough can it be?

Have a great day everyone.