Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-06-2016, 10:36 AM   #5209
cwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Microwave made a popping noise last night and now there is no power to it. Lights, fan, etc are dead. Power at outlet so today is a take it out and see what I can see. They say there are no user serviceable parts in it but I found a video that says there is a fuse that can be replaced. Now just have to get it out. It is an over the stove installation so how tough can it be?.
Gordon!!!!

From my quick, online research, I see that there are CAPACITORS inside the microwave. Be careful not to get zapped with a bunch of VOLTAGE!

An online search for microwave capacitors resulted in tips for being careful, and some for changing the capacitor. I did not look any further; I just don't want to read about you getting zapped!

Also, if the fuse(s) are blown, there is probably a reason. A bad capacitor evidently may be one of the reasons.

Be careful!

cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2016, 04:09 PM   #5210

Winnebago Owners Club
Well the microwave repair has come to a standstill. Got the thing taken apart, tested the fuse, burned out, replaced the fuse, lights and clock work so reinstalled it.

Filled a glass with water, started the microwave, pop, everything dead. Wrong fuse so back to town, get the right fuse, removed the microwave, open it up, put in the right fuse and lights and clock work! Smarter this time, put the cup of water in and start the microwave. The right fuse makes a little pop and all the lights go out.

Am taking it in tomorrow for an estimate. I know when to call 'Uncle'. Likely going to be something expensive as nothing looked burned or fried from what I could see.

Thanks for the advice Charles. Appreciate a saner head. Don't think I would have gone much farther than the fuse.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:27 PM   #5211

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening All,

Bear with me a minute as I post this prayer:

Father, I want to thank you for the healing power and Love you are sending to our Friend Tim. You know better than us what he needs and we thank you for guiding the surgeons eyes and hands, his thoughts, and his skills. I thank you for bringing us together so we can support him at this time and for us to add our love and power to yours in healing his foot and heart. As has been said, if two or more come together in agreement then it is done. Amen!

So it is done Tim. God has said if we come together you are healed. The level of healing is equal to the level of belief. My belief is through the roof and I know the others here agree.

Lynne
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:53 PM   #5212

Evening all!

Tim good luck with your surgery.

Working hard here retired........

Changed the oil in the genny
Waxed the front of the coach
Lubed the front of the chassis
Set the coach up in the barn
Took up the bedroom floor and closet

I am tired.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:03 PM   #5213

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Good Evening All,

Bear with me a minute as I post this prayer:

Father, I want to thank you for the healing power and Love you are sending to our Friend Tim. You know better than us what he needs and we thank you for guiding the surgeons eyes and hands, his thoughts, and his skills. I thank you for bringing us together so we can support him at this time and for us to add our love and power to yours in healing his foot and heart. As has been said, if two or more come together in agreement then it is done. Amen!

So it is done Tim. God has said if we come together you are healed. The level of healing is equal to the level of belief. My belief is through the roof and I know the others here agree.

Lynne
AMEN
Old 07-06-2016, 07:03 PM   #5214

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Evening all!

Tim good luck with your surgery.

Working hard here retired........

Changed the oil in the genny
Waxed the front of the coach
Lubed the front of the chassis
Set the coach up in the barn
Took up the bedroom floor and closet

I am tired.

L.
Whew. Time for a NAP! Best part of retirement.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:22 PM   #5215

Goooodafternoon all y’all!!!

I went camping last night. I drove my trusty Dodge Caravan up Sierra Vista’s own one lane gravel el Camino de la Muerta to the 7,500’ Ramsey Vista CG so I could view the Milky Way away from all the urban light pollution. I did and the stars were spectacular last night!!! This morning, after instant oatmeal and coffee, I attempted the 2.75 mile hike up to the summit of adjacent 9,230’ Carr Peak. I came close but, like a fool, I didn’t bring enough water and towards the end I began to have balance problems. Near the summit the trail switchbacks up a very steep slope and a tumble would’ve been disastrous. I looked at my one remaining water bottle, the remaining climb left, and the 2.75 mile return trip to camp and decided it was time to bail on my summit attempt. Any mountaineer will tell you, far more people are killed or severely injured on the way down the mountain than on the way up. Anyhow it was a delightful night and morning and the temperatures at 7,500’ were wonderful! Whatthehell, Carr Peak’s not going anywhere, I’ll try it again this fall.

Tim, I’ll be praying for you to have a successful surgery tomorrow!

Steve
Old 07-07-2016, 06:06 AM   #5216

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Currently 69 light rain,
Well I got as much of the MH waxed yesterday as I could, it will sit there unfinished until I can get back to it. I'm really happy with the way it turned out side and front, rear caps looks like new . The doc said yesterday at my physical I'm good too go and he said it might be a couple weeks of recovery. we'll see about that...
Thanks every one for the prayers I am a firm believer in the power of prayer.
Beamis, wow nice prayer. Thank-you
Well I got too get going got too be there at 8:30. O-no I will be driving with all the folks going to work.
I'll miss reading the forum but hoping to be home tomorrow if all goes well. I'm at the same age as my dad was when he had a surgery that didn't go well and he spent the next 10 years in a nursing home. .
Take care everyone,
I'll talk to ya tomorrow,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:26 AM   #5217

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Lynne,
Again, you have outdone yourself, thank you so much on sharing the prayer for Tim.
Tim,
Agreed that the power of prayer is everything. Best of Luck and we will catch you tomorrow.
Lloyd,
You will learn, in time, to not hurry through your projects. What you don't get done today, there is always tomorrow, or the next day , etc.
Gordon,
It sounds like you have a short in one of the capacitors, or one of the boards. About the only thing that is not worth replacing is the magnatron, if that is bad, you just throw it away and get a new one. I have in the past repaired a couple of units, changing a capacitor and a circuit board on another one. With being able to buy a new one for under $100, it is hard to justify repairing, unless it is a high end unit.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:28 AM   #5218

Morning!

Best of luck to Tim, guess we won't have news for a few days.

72* here, waiting on the mechanic to come take a look at the coach exhaust.

As Gordon says, I have been using the Armstrong method of waxing. What I have done so far is tight small areas that are easier by hand. I am using McGuires cleaner and wax. This is the first time I have done the coach. Got some wide open spaces ahead, May invest in a small buffer.

Frank, will you just remove the decals and go naked? Just a nice clean white look? We had a Jayco that had that problem, I was planning to remove and then we traded it in.

Steve, there is no place around here where we can do that. Sounds awesome. Great call on the descending when you didn't feel good. We saw the milky way last year when we tent camped in Canyon lands.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:46 AM   #5219

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Another sunny day and the coffee is good. We have had NO rain in over 2 months. The grass is brown and the crops are not doing well. Around us they have had rain and those crops are better.

We are home from camping. Planned to wash the MH today but along with no rain is a lot of dust so may put it in storage without a wash. Wait until we get some rain to settle it down a bit. It will get done eventually, but I imagine it will be a mess in a day if I do it now.

I saw a thread on a guy who repainted his decals. He changed the color too and it looked amazing. He sanded the decals down and removed the loose pieces, taped it off, and used Rustoleum plastic paint to paint it. It was over a year later and he showed it and said it still looked like the day it was done. He had waxed over it when it was dry. Maybe some day I will have the time to do this to ours.

You're in our thoughts this morning Tim!

You all have a great day, bye. Lynne
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:43 AM   #5220
bap

goodmorning,,,,

thanks LYNNE for the prayer for TIM,,.... AMEN !!!

also prayers for RAIL,S mother in law..

....jeff
Old 07-07-2016, 08:39 AM   #5221

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;

Tim is going to be fine. Surgery will go well.

Well taking the microwave in for service estimate. We have the OTR (over the range) model so it is not going to be cheap to replace. Fingers crossed.

Another rainy day. Not much accumulation but just enough so the garden and weeds are doing well.

Have a grand day.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:23 PM   #5222

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lloyd,
I am going to rmove the decals part at a time and then roll them back on using a 2" roller, I think that I am going to try the Duplicolor paint shop system, then roll on a clear coat over top. Colors are going to be Champagne Gold Metallic, Jet black, Molten Red Metallic, and Bright Silver Metallic, I will do One decal at a time and see what happens, then when I am done, I will clearcoat sections at a time. I am not sure if it will work, but it will be better than it is right now. I haven't decided what I am going to do with the ALFA GOLD name decals yet , might get a good sign painter to do them.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote