Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:56 PM   #5223

Phhhhheeeeeewwwwwwwwww
Missing a couple days here sure is a chore catching up !!
I'm never gonna remember it all !

Tim

Lynne has said it all , she got you covered bro !
This is you in a couple of weeks !

Gordon

I just picked up a new m-wave for mom last night , her old Sharp's start button was not activating first thing in the morning ,had to push real hard and she couldn't do it , then after that it was normal , till the next day??? I COULD have popped of the cover and "maybe" sprayed the switch (if I could get to it)
She bought it at a yard sale years ago for $5 so didn't owe her anything ! I went looking...................

It's a little Proctor Silex at Wally's $25 .6 cuft and 700 watts but WOW , it works great she loves it !

They always have a big sale for back to school if you need to bite the bullet..........

Lloyd

Ya gotta stop being such a slave driver especially when the slave is YOU !

If not , I'd be happy to swing by with my lawn chair and... WATCH ........
"hey , you missed a spot",
Ya know , work fascinates me , I could sit and watch it for hours !

Steve

U B very trail-wise ,

I did some crazy climbing stuff when I was 20 .
There's a section of a trail up Katahdin that's called "The Knife Edge"
that we actually did at night once , it helped with concentrating on the next step without actually seeing the sheer drop off on both sides!!!
Quickly got the clue and here I am ,,,,instead of a splat at the base camp ....

UHHHHHHHHH, I TOLD you I'd forget !

SO , Everybody Else

I'm Baaaaaaaaack !

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2016, 04:40 PM   #5224

Good afternoon!

Well the exhaust leak is fixed. It was on the inside of the turbo (meaning in between the turbo and the engine) which was not visible till the coach floor was up, you stood on your head using 1 arm to balance, held the flashlight with the other hand, had your tongue in the corner of your mouth, and crossed your legs. Anyway, a nut backed off. It is replaced with a lock nut, and then double nutted.

We did a test drive with the mechanic in the bedroom and the floor up, and all is good. Well almost all. He then pointed out that my air drier is leaking,,,, so I have another project. I ordered a entire new unit, he felt like that is the best plan. I will install myself, looks pretty straight forward. Of course our coach has a weird one, a Haldex unit that nobody in town has in stock. I couldn't hear this way up front.

Okay,,, so life throws some curve balls. I retired 6/30,,,,, 7 days ago. And our plan was for Debbie to work till April 28 2017. Well this morning she got laid off!!! Along with others, but she came home at lunch and is done. Gotta think this through, but they gave her severance, and it sure is nice for us both to be home, but this wasn't the plan. Anyway, she is very upset of course, worked there 7 years and did a great job.

Well, have a great evening all!

Hope Tim is doing well?

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:08 PM   #5225

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Good afternoon!

Well the exhaust leak is fixed. It was on the inside of the turbo (meaning in between the turbo and the engine) which was not visible till the coach floor was up, you stood on your head using 1 arm to balance, held the flashlight with the other hand, had your tongue in the corner of your mouth, and crossed your legs. Anyway, a nut backed off. It is replaced with a lock nut, and then double nutted.

We did a test drive with the mechanic in the bedroom and the floor up, and all is good. Well almost all. He then pointed out that my air drier is leaking,,,, so I have another project. I ordered a entire new unit, he felt like that is the best plan. I will install myself, looks pretty straight forward. Of course our coach has a weird one, a Haldex unit that nobody in town has in stock. I couldn't hear this way up front.

Okay,,, so life throws some curve balls. I retired 6/30,,,,, 7 days ago. And our plan was for Debbie to work till April 28 2017. Well this morning she got laid off!!! Along with others, but she came home at lunch and is done. Gotta think this through, but they gave her severance, and it sure is nice for us both to be home, but this wasn't the plan. Anyway, she is very upset of course, worked there 7 years and did a great job.

Well, have a great evening all!

Hope Tim is doing well?

L.
Lloyd - give Debbie a hug for Janet and me. Not a happy time but possibly for the best. Now the two of you can get on with retirement.

You will not have any time to develop any bad habits being at home unsupervised while she was working. LOL Both of you can move into retirement together, a bonus in my estimation.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:56 PM   #5226

Thanks Gordon!!! Will pass on the hug!

PS,,,, Me bad habits? Naaaaaa!!!!

L.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:43 PM   #5227

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening All,

Popeye, Welcome back. Do miss hearing from you but glad you are getting to spend so much time with your Momma. Can't beat time with a parent right Frank!

Lloyd, I think once Debbie gets over the shock she will be relieved not to have to work those last few months. Being laid off through no fault of your own is hard on people but she is close enough that it will be ok in a bit. Tell her I wish her all the best and if she needs to talk message me and we can talk.

The rig will be all fixed up soon and the two of you can travel this winter. Might be a gift in reality.

Gordon, Jerry has developed some of those bad habits over the last 13 years. He told me just to knock him upside the head when he does it and I just smile. I figure once I retire I will probably develop some bad ones of my own.

Sleep well tonight Tim, all is well. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:51 PM   #5228

Winnebago Owners Club
Lynne - I think that if you develop bad habits together they become the norm.

Lloyd - you and I are very much alike. I don't have any bad habits either. In fact if you ask me I may not have any habit at all! LOL

I have a standing one line that I keep dragging out whenever Janet heads out for outings with her Red Hat ladies. I say "I get xxxx hours without adult supervision". Going to have to think of something new to use.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:42 PM   #5229

Oh yea,,,, Imagine Debbie leaving me alone for xxxx hours? Too many X's!!! LOL

Well, we have some money stuff to figure out,,,, driven by the medical insurance mess in this country. But other wise we are okay. I think she just didn't want it to end on such a sour note.

So, it is July 7th, we have the entire summer off together. Pretty cool! Who knows, we could be seen in Arizona this winter gallivanting around, Jeeping and riding motorcycles.

L.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:57 PM   #5230

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee is so so today! Not my home brew, but I will drink it!
Lloyd, that is a hard pill to swallow, but give Deb some time, and you both will enjoy it in the end! Having her home will keep you out of trouble, for sure!
Tim, hope you heal quickly, and prayers are still coming!
Well, we are heading back home today, Jira's aunt was better yesterday, and her blood pressure was back to normal! I am sure she will get out of CCU today, and into a regular room!
You know, you do see some houses here that still have the thached roofs, but out in the boonies where people still live the "old school" way! But Bangkok is a very modern city, just a really big one!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!!
Old 07-07-2016, 09:23 PM   #5231

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Oh yea,,,, Imagine Debbie leaving me alone for xxxx hours? Too many X's!!! LOL

Well, we have some money stuff to figure out,,,, driven by the medical insurance mess in this country. But other wise we are okay. I think she just didn't want it to end on such a sour note.

So, it is July 7th, we have the entire summer off together. Pretty cool! Who knows, we could be seen in Arizona this winter gallivanting around, Jeeping and riding motorcycles.

L.
Hey - there is a spot right beside Tim and Joe that still may be available for the winter.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:43 PM   #5232

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lloyd,
Glad that the leak was an easy fix, even thoiugh it took longer to get to it than it did to fix the problem. Tell Debbie that we are sorry , but things happen for a reason and that you just have to go with the flow.
Popeye,
Where you been bro?
Lynne,
You are correct on the parent.
Catch you all in the morning,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:02 AM   #5233

Morning all!

71* here this am, we have had a thunder storm every afternoon this week. The local weather guesser predicts today will be the hottest day so far this year. Exciting stuff!

Thanks for all the encouragement. I am already getting better with it, having our schedule wide open is nice. Got to get her used to the idea.

Today I plan to remove the air drier, want it in hand next week when I drive to Charlotte to get the new one, make sure we have a match.

I bought a little 6" buffer in Walmart yesterday. It is the size of a palm sander, made specifically for waxing if I read it right. They even had extra pads for it. My plan is to use it for applying the cleaner wax, where the actual polishing occurs, then I will remove wax by hand. I will report back later on my experience.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:17 AM   #5234

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

WE GOT RAIN FINALLY! Nice one too, we really needed it. Jerry and I were driving yesterday and the crops were really sad. Nice drink last night, supposed to be more today and the 80 + temp should make for good growing. Thank you God for the RAIN!

Haven't had my coffee yet today but will get around to it. Rail, when I have traveled the differences in architecture always amazes me. So many different styles and adornments. Just beautiful, even little cottages or huts can be beautiful!

Lloyd, Debbie will adjust to being off and in time her hurt will heal. The insurance issue is a big issue for us too. Jerry is 66 so when I retire he will be ok with Medicare but I will not be 65 for another 2 months when I retire. Insurance is why I am working now. Understand fully the worry over that one and because we are in an election year we have no idea what will happen with it. Get her out to Arizona this winter and she will be over it.

Frank, You and Rita still keeping up with the grass there? Jerry hasn't had to cut the lawn in a month. With the rain we will see if it grows. It is brown right now. When are you two leaving there and are you goin back for winter or staying right through? It will be busier this year with the new sites. More people to get to know.

3 more days of vacation left and then back to it. Going to enjoy it. Have a great day. Prayers out to you Tim.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:28 AM   #5235

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening everyone!
We are back home, and had a great drive! We stopped at a few places on the way, and one we stop at has this great big bottle, stands about 50' in the air, and is a good eye catcher! The restaurant there has really good food also, and a great store! So today, everyone but me went in the store and I went to the rest room, and back to the car, and got to looking at the big ass bottle! This thing is made out of bottles, about a million of them! I never really looked close at it before today! So I took a couple of pic's! Also, I wanted to stop at a gas station that I had stopped before, because it has the biggest porch swing I have ever seen! It is carved out of one big tree, and must be 50' long, and the seat is so deep, it is just cool! So I also saw this dining room table in the old garage between the old oil change pits, which they do not use anymore! This thing is huge! Man those old Teak trees grow very big over here! The only ones you see now that big are in the Temples! So here are the pic's!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1467995209311.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	132414   Click image for larger version

Name:	1467995237097.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	132415  

Name:	1467995272613.jpg
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	132416   Click image for larger version

Name:	1467995289563.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	132417  

Name:	1467995317873.jpg
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	132418  
Old 07-08-2016, 12:55 PM   #5236

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon Gang,
Lynne,
Yes Rita and I are just keeping up with the grass mowing, it is getting harder because of all the survey stakes and utility marking flags for the new construction. Have been getting a popup shower about every other day or so around noon, so the grass is relly growing. We are going to drive back to Ohio the middle 2 weeks in August(not taking the 5er) to do taxes and license plates etc. have to see the dentist(oldest daughter) other than that, we will be here till sometime next spring. And if we don't end up going to Alaska next summer for some reason, we will probably be here till at least June.
Rail,
You sure do find spectacular places, you are sure a lucky man.
Catch you all later,
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote