Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2016, 01:39 PM   #5237

Lloyd
Exhaust leaks are serious business , glad yours was just a loose nut !
Hope the place has the right drier , good move bringing the old one.

I've bought those cheapo tools before and just figure the cost as part of the job being done , then if it lasts longer it's a bonus !!

Hope you find an insurance solution , just don't get sick or do anything dangerous till you do . I've only had it for a few years my whole life and not any now till I'm 65 in (21 months) .
When I start to worry I tell myself about all the $ I've saved , It doesn't make me feel any better about not having it but now I can afford some donuts , they always make me feel better !

You and Debbie enjoy that extra time together and remember at our age there never is enough time for the good stuff. Now you can start going to see all those places you've been planning ....... "Asta La Vista Baby".

Rail
Glad to hear Jira's auntie is better !

Gordon
Any news on the wave ?

Lynne
Just do what they do out west , let the grass die and plant rocks !

Frank
I'm juggling trying to care for mom and trying to find a safe place to park the rig , no room here and every time I find a place to put it somebody gets in my face about moving it somewhere else.
"People that live in a vehicle aren't people , they're just trouble ! Move somewhere else"

I'm getting to the point I'm not sure it will be there at the end of the day when I head back to sleep at night.

Mom want's me to just leave her on her own and go,,,,I don't think so..
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2016, 02:29 PM   #5238

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Afternoon Everyone;
Rail - what great photos. Bring the table with you for the Meet and Greet. Everyone will be able to sit at it together!

Grand Daughter came over and worked the stuffin's out of me. We replanted a bunch of cedar trees, watered the trees we planted last week and worked on polishing the coach. She is a quick learner and the coach is looking really shiny.

Microwave will be repaired. Inverter gone and a couple switches. Picking it up later this afternoon.

GD has left so I am going to have a quick nap.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:15 PM   #5239

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning or I should say afternoon. Up at 4 am today. Even for me that's early. Was grey, cold and wet this morning but has since turned into a beautiful day. Really want to take a nap also oit of the norm for me. My internal clock is FUBAR.

Working on Maggie's outdoor systems. Basement entertainment/kitchen. Rather be on the patio than trappedal inside.

Better get back to work before I change my mind and head for bed. Hehe
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 03:54 PM   #5240

Hi!

Got the drier out, it was harder than I thought. One air line is frozen,,, (the brass coupling is froze to the line, when I turned the coupling the line twisted)

Ended up dropping the drier onto a milk crate, then rotating it as I turned the fitting off. Have the fitting soaking in transmission fluid now, hopeful it will free up before Tuesday when the new drier shows up.

Yesterday I bought this little unit at Walmart....

Carrand 94000AS Autospa 120v 6" Polisher - Walmart.com

I'm using a cleaner wax, Mcguires, so for the cleaning part to occur you have to rub it in. This little bugger does that really well. It is not a high speed buffer, no fear of paint damage. Works great, did a full side of the coach with it, very happy.

I am not using it for wax removal, doing that by hand, cause it is easy enough.

L.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:49 PM   #5241

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Popeye,
Thats too bad that you can't find a safe place to stay without being hassled. I agree with the not leaving Mom alone, I let Dad alone in Tn. because his girl friend and the church people will keep watch over him, but here in Fl. it is up to Rita and I. He is stubborn on is very independent, but I wouldn't feel right leaving him on his own.
Jay,
You just go with what your body tells you. Glad that you are working on Maggie.
Lloyd,
If you are worried about Debbie's insurance, I had to buy my own and I had a $5000 deductible, with 100% including prescriptions above that for under $400/month.
Have a great evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:14 PM   #5242

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
evening guys,
Well the power of all the prayer's paid off surgery went fine. They gave be 2 nerve blockers behind the knee cap. I was out before we left the pre-op room. Surgery was about 3 hours. I awoke in a privet room (I liked that). I am on bed rest
I am one that can't stay put so its been a challenge.
I have 4 Doctors and they came around this afternoon and I was sure hoping to get out of here but nope. They only took the big toe and part of the ball under said toe. They sent it to be tested and it came back that there are 4 different germs and they will need to find out a anti-biotic that will work for the remaining toes. I might be here till Monday or until they get results. There's is a drain tube and bag. So far today they have emptied it 4 times. Tomorrow I get to see the job he did as it will be time to change the dressing. They have me on some good pain meds and if it gets to bad they will give me a pain med by IV.
I still have a main line in and they are giving me antibiotic's that way.
Lloyd, Mothers sells a paste wax in a can that your applicator will fit in. Are you using a paste of liquid wax? I have one that size also but a Wen brand. Makes it a lot easier to apply. If you plan on buying a big buffer get one that you can control the speed so you don't burn the paint.
I'm with Gordon since Deb is now retired come on down too Yuma. It sure is nice there.

rail,
glad the Mother-in-law is doing better.

Steve,
sounds like your improving.
Thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes everyone.
Those on the road be safe.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:28 PM   #5243

Evening!

Working on the winter plans. Tell me more about Yuma. Aproximatley when you guys arrive, leave etc... Can you share the name of the park? PM me if needed.

Our kids, grandchildren etc are all here. We are thinking leave here after the holidays,,,, return late April.... when the weather gets good here. Would love to checkout Quartzite etc..

L.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:27 PM   #5244

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Evening!

Working on the winter plans. Tell me more about Yuma. Aproximatley when you guys arrive, leave etc... Can you share the name of the park? PM me if needed.

Our kids, grandchildren etc are all here. We are thinking leave here after the holidays,,,, return late April.... when the weather gets good here. Would love to checkout Quartzite etc..

L.
Hey Lloyd,
Rivers Edge RV Park Yuma Arizona - RV Resort - Campgrounds

its actually in Winterhaven Ca. 3-5 miles from Yuma. They have a great web site.
We have reservations for Oct 15 thru April $440.00 per month plus electric. Heated swimming pool, Happy hour Daily @ 4:00. Maybe Gordon can chime in.
Quartzsite has to be experienced at least once. 88 miles from Yuma one way. A nice day trip.
Tim
Old 07-08-2016, 08:51 PM   #5245

Gulf Streamers Club
Evening all. Tim, great news so far. Hoping they can figure out what the infections are and come up with antibiotics that will fix it for good.

Leaving Glen Elder SP, KS tomorrow morning. Spending a couple of nights in Dodge City, KS. I might be looking for a gun fight!

Later

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:32 PM   #5246

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks Ron, How was the Park I think its the one for next summers meet and great?
Tim
Old 07-08-2016, 09:50 PM   #5247

Winnebago Owners Club
Tim - great news on only one toe, even if it is the big one. With a bit of luck I a sure they will find the right drug combination. So glad things went good for you.

Lloyd - Janet and I generally get there early October and stay until the end of March. We may be a bit later this year as there are some plans to head to Gaffney to the Freightliner Custom Chassis factory for a corner weighing and ride height adjustment. Jury is out right now as our current weights are really good according to the last scale I was on. If we go that way could be a week or two later.

Will PM you details later.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:55 PM   #5248

Tim so glad surgery went well...we all knew God would see you through it...that's what he told us anyways....great to hear...

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:18 AM   #5249

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep, it's he'll to get old as your memory is the first to go! Yes I know, u forgot the pic's of the big bottle!! Here they are! Rail!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1468048644172.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	132471   Click image for larger version

Name:	1468048665587.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	132472  

Old 07-09-2016, 03:38 AM   #5250

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Tim, glad things went well and glad they are keeping you to get this taken care of. Jerry and I had a nice trip. The CG was really dusty so I now have a dirty rig and just glad I did not wash it before going. Will get it done eventually.

Rail, you ever wonder why some people make the things they do? Like the biggest ball of yarn here in the US, why? Novelty I guess. The table would be a nice addition to "Meet & Greet" but I don't know how you'd pack it.

Frank, I want the name of the insurance CO. That is a much better cost then I am being quoted for when I retire. At that cost I may hold off collecting SS for another year.

Keep safe everyone and have a nice day. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote