Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2016, 04:47 AM   #5251

Good morning!

Tim, sounds like great news! Really glad it went so well. Here is a prayer that they get the infection beat. You have places to go and things to do!

Gordon, if you go to Gaffney, you will be about 35 miles from us! We will have to connect.

Frank, great deal on the insurance. We are covered on Deb's severance package for 6 months, then on our own,,,,, which is January 7th. Then I need coverage till May when I can go medicare, and Deb needs till August 18 (I married a young chick). Please share who has your insurance.

Back at the waxing today. I start the drivers side. Passenger side looks great. After this I am going to take a shot at the windows. They have rain spots on them, a budy of mine is going to show me how to buff those out and get some shine back on them.

Have a great day all!

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2016, 04:59 AM   #5252
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good morning, all!

Tim, Glad things are going well. Prayers for continued success.

Frank, We are not having the pop-up showers here, so it is staying in the very high 90's all day. But, the grass likes "warm weather."

Ron, Keep enjoying your trip. Be safe.

Rail, Great pictures.

Gordon, Good news on the microwave. And, you didn't get zapped.

I keep hearing some of you talk about "can't wait until I qualify for Medicare...." What's the deal here? What's the qualifying age? Why is that better than regular insurance? I have insurance from my wife's job. But, if I qualify, why would I want to switch? I like my doctors!

Where do I go to find out more about this? By nature (or maybe experience) I do not trust sales folks; especially insurance sales. So, getting info from an insurance salesperson does not sound trustworthy. After all, they are in sales for their personal income. Not sure who else to ask for a straight, honest answer, so I am asking here.

Everyone, Have a super great Saturday!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:43 AM   #5253

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
I can't remember the insurance company name, (after all its been almost 2 years) but I changed every couple years as the premiums would escalate too far, I would just change companies. I got on the net and just researched major medical plans. This was before Washington started to mess with the industry(affordable care act). If you have an independent insurance agent, ask them what is available, maybe that will give you options. Sorry I can't be of more help than that. We purged a lot of old paperwork out of the 5er this spring, and the old health ins. papers were part of that.
Tim,
Very glad to hear that surgery went well , and that they didn't have to take as much as you thought.
Charles,
Medicare is part of Social Security, at age 65 is when you are covered, it is not a full coverage thing and you still need to get supplemental ins. AARP has good articles on this.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:19 AM   #5254

Tim
's all sat around yesterday waiting to hear your results .
and a for your 4 doc's.Picking the right anti-bio will be SOP for those guys. Bet you're breathing easier now huh?

Lloyd
There is a gap between the warm up in the SW and the east . I like to head up in elevation in AZ. to cool off , and then when it gets warm back home (and maybe after twisty wind season) I slowly head back .

I really could spend all year just going up and down between south AZ.or Big Bend TX. area and north AZ.-UT.-CO.+NM. Just pick your comfort point and it's there somewhere !
There are so many incredible Nat Parks and Forests in that area to explore.

Lynne
Most of the "unnatural wonders" were made to attract tourists to a place that has nothing that's actually interesting IMO . Fun to see if you're passing by anyway.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:34 AM   #5255

Winnebago Owners Club
Interesting picture of the bottle. Reminds me of a place called the "Glass House" near Creston in British Columbia. Mortician built a complete house he and his family lived in for numerous year out of embalming fluid bottles. The construction style looks similar to the picture of the bottle.

After the family passed away or moved on the house became a tourist attraction. View overlooking the lake and appeared to be quite comfortable based on what I saw.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:02 PM   #5256

Freightliner Owners Club
Lynne,
I was racking my brain on the insurance thing and I had Medical Mutual of Ohio as one of them, I am not sure it was the last one or the 2nd from last. I also don't know if they sell out of state. Sorry I didn't think of this sooner.
Frank
Old 07-09-2016, 06:26 PM   #5257

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening,

No problem Frank, I still have a bit to go yet but no problem. It will all work out when meant to.

Popeye, I think there are many natural wonders in this world to see that are very beautiful. One of my favorite things to do is sit on a rock ledge or the bank of a river or lake and just look at God's work. He made many beautiful sites and I plan to see as many of them as I can. How's your Mom doing?

Charles, my husband is already 66 and when I retire in 2017 he will be able to go on Medicare but I won't be 65 until 2018. I have to buy insurance for me until I turn 65.

Does anyone know if you can buy Medicare without getting your SS? Just wondering.

Have a great evening. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:15 PM   #5258

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Evening All;
Spent the day washing and polishing the coach. Took a break to help our neighbor fill in low spots and level his garden. Nice to take a break. Then back to polishing.

Must be doing a good job on the coach. Had a rain storm with pea size hail. Got 1 1/2 inch in a little less than an hour. Sky is still black but looks like the storm is pretty much over.

Hope everyone has a great evening.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:56 AM   #5259

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
morning,
no coffee
Not much too report, Got out of bed yesterday and walked around the whole floor twice, needed a walker but did it. I have too walk on the heal of my foot. Its still draining fluids. Talked to the infectious disease Dr. yesterday afternoon 1 out of the four germs needs to be treated by IV antibiotic and the other 3 can be treated by pill form. He's made it sound like I will be going home today. I saw my regular Doc yesterday while he was making the rounds at the Hospital, so that makes 5 doc's boy do I feel special...
I'm glad Joe brought me my laptop so I can keep up on the forums. I am really tired of laying flat on my back.
My brother said he's working on jerry-rigging the zero turn for me to use. I said sounds good to me... I'm glad he's got a pontoon, so I can go fishing. and a old golf cart for me to use to get around the farm. Yep I think I will recoup out there at the farm. Not sure yet how the Iv treatment works but sounds like they send out a nurse to hook it up. I've lost count on how many bags of anti-bionics they have given me so far.
Again thanks for the prayers, they have helped me pull thru this.
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 04:48 AM   #5260

Sounds like your just going to be skipping right along once you get to the farm..tim.....lol. Me thinks that there is too much out there for you to get in trouble with....lol. Really glad to hear your in good spirits I know it's tough fighting but you sound like you've already won the war!!!...great going just keep it up we are all pulling for ya...but do what those docs tell ya.....

Yesterday morning was my last dose of sterroids for this cycle, saturday morning, so once again only about 3 hours of sleep....but tonight, Sunday night, I should start sleeping again....yeah!!!!...

Wednesday it's off to Ft. Benning Georgia to see my nephew graduate basic pretty excited about about this trip....gonna drive up there Wednesday. ...graduation on Thursday and drive back Friday. ...gonna be a long few days....lol

Everyone have a great day and enjoy life

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 04:53 AM   #5261

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Great news Tim, sounds like they have a plan to get you back up and running . MK, watch your speedometer around Benning the MP's patrol the main roads there and they are serious about tickets! plus it's wide open 4 lanes.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:07 AM   #5262

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Lynne,
Don't know about the medicare thing without collecting SS, The local SS office can answer any of your questions. They are usually pretty good about taking care of you, and answering any of your questions.
Tim,
Glad to hear that you are getting along ok. Just make sure that you follow your Doc's orders.
MK,
Have a safe trip, and enjoy your nephew's grad. I forgot, where are you located?
Have a good day all,
Frank
Old 07-10-2016, 09:06 AM   #5263

Hi!

Well, sounds like Tim is on the road to recovery. Awesome! Hope they do set you free today, hospitals are no fun once you feel well.

The waxing continues. Alomost done, have the back to be done but cannot till late this afternoon as the sun shines through the barn door and bakes it. This afternoon I am going to try some polish on the windows, working to get the rain acid spots off. My buddy lent me his polisher and special compound.

I can do Medicare next May,,,,, and I plan to. Deb as not eligible till Aug 2018. We will need some sort of policy to cover us both till next May,,,, then her till Aug 2018.

Thanks for the info Frank! Exploring options.

L.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:10 AM   #5264

Just north of houston tx....just 10 miles west of huntsville a little place called west sandy or the Farris community. ...if ya want to be specific but we just call it huntsville

Gonna be a long be a long 11 to 12 hour drive one way.....but we have done these long one day drives before....we just switch out when one gets tired of driving....to bad the wife won't do that when pulling the 5er....lol...she won't pull a trailer of any kind no matter what....

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote