Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:27 AM   #5279

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Tim,
That sounds like a plan. You can always use your brother;s as a mail drop if you need to.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2016, 06:51 AM   #5280

Morning all!

73* here, another hot day.

Frank, we should be here then.

Gordon,,,, your right,,, peoples beach houses probably depend on me not getting the MH too clean! I need to slow down.

Tim, if your ready, they will set you free. Of course then you will need to rest. Got to get healed or you can end up back there. Ugh! Right now,,,, fulltiming is not our cup of tea so to speak. We enjoy being here, and having a place. Not sure I want to travel that much. Don't have a place to go here in the area like you do with your brothers farm. I would be all over that!

Waiting for the air drier to come in. I did get the line that gave me so much trouble free. Soaked it in transmission fluid for 2 days and it is turning now. But they said the new unit would be here possibly today, or for sure tomorrow.

Have a great day all!

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 07:42 AM   #5281
bap

goodmorning everyone,,

TIM,,what wonderful news on your foot,,,!!!

well,,DEBBIE my daughter son and grandsons are heading down to the smokies today for a few days,,im staying home and watching the fort I might say,,dont tell Debbie but will be nice getting a few chores done without the boss finger pointing...lol,,please say a little prayer they make it there and back safely,,

STEVE,,one of those turkey buzzard,s looks familiar ,,we had a baby one here last summer that was injured me and the grandsons resued it and nursed it back to health after it got well I didn't think it was gonna leave...it actually became a kool wild pet we would leave food for it on the trash can,,,,then I had to stop so it would migrate south before it was to late....his name was Fredrick..lol

gotta get crackin,,,,have a great day my friends..
jeff
Old 07-11-2016, 08:35 AM   #5282

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning All;
Taking the motorcycle in for a recall. Looks like it is sprinkling outside. Yuck.

Bap - great on the days without adult supervision. Now you can do things the way they are supposed to be done!

Tim - seconds on what Lloyd said. Sit back for a bit, do as the doctor advises and you will be golden.

Well - out to put the rain gear on. Have a great day.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:30 AM   #5283

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning again,
Gordon bummer about the bike getting wet.
I will defiantly take it easy I don't want to come back.
1 Doc down (Okay to discharge) 3 too go. The nurse just took out the drain tube. no pain.
I have been shown how to use a walker and have used it for walks around the floor.
Have a great day & those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:15 AM   #5284

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

Another beautiful sunny Sierra Vista morning. I was outside this morning enjoying my coffee and when I looked around at the nearby light poles I realized my new friends the buzzards were gone. Then a little later I looked straight up… there they were, four of them circling straight overhead. They actually look rather pretty when they’re flying. Buzzards are an interesting species. They have no feathers on their neck or head so they can poke their heads deep into carcasses without getting encrusted with goo from the offal they feast on. They also have an extremely high botulism tolerance. They can eat things so loaded with botulism that it’d kill a normal critter, yummm!

Yesterday, to escape the relentless afternoon Arizona heat I went to a movie. I saw Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates. If you enjoy outrageous low-brow humor you’ll love this movie. I found the movie humorous, partially because during my college days, I actually knew people like the two pair hi-lighted in the film. Yes, such idiots do exist and they are living and breeding among us.

So that’s about it, I’m hoping and praying that during August Ruidoso, at 7,500’, is cooler than it is here in SV. Actually, compared to Phoenix and Tucson Sierra Vista is paradise. I’m just extremely heat intolerant.

Steve
Old 07-11-2016, 03:57 PM   #5285

Winnebago Owners Club
Steve - sounds like they are hopeful? Don't let them spook you!
Old 07-11-2016, 06:02 PM   #5286

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening All,

Frank, I just want them ALL DEAD! Kill em I say, Kill em! I have no sympathy for the little shits. No mice in the MH today. You can sure smell the moth balls set out yesterday. Kill em! Caught it fast and bit it in the butt hopefully. Kill em! In case you didn't get it, I am FINE with KILLING em!

Tim, Hope you get out soon but you want this done right! Time to heal and then have some fun!

MK, there are classes for women who feel this way. They pretty much guarantee the little lady will be able to drive the rig when done. Maybe I will work on her when we meet up.

Well, going out for Ice Cream so got to go. Hum, what flavor to have? Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 07:00 PM   #5287
cwk

So, Lynne...

Why don't you tell us how you really feel about those little critters?
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 07:01 PM   #5288

While in college I rented a trailer that was overrun with mice, I'd get home from class and find mouse turds everywhere including in my clothes, my bed, among my dishes, everywhere! I went out bought 1/2 dozen mousetraps, baited them with peanut butter and within 2-3 days I'd trapped over a dozen mice but the problem was solved. The best thing about mouse traps is that they're cheap and you can use them over and over and when the problems solved keep them baited and in place to take care of any future problems that may try to sneak in.

Steve
Old 07-11-2016, 08:37 PM   #5289

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Charles, and Steve,

Mice traps with peanut butter still in place but no furry pieces of poop yet? Kill EM Charles, that is how I feel! Die you little suckers! OH, OK, I think I may be under control now. Nope, Kill EM!

OK, Now that that is covered, I had a good first day back at w--k. Someday it will be a GREAT last day at w--k. Soon, soon.

Have a great one and kill all the mice you can. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:21 PM   #5290

Lynne,
That is soooo funny, you have me rolling on the floor. And I agree with you, but you know Rita, so I had to reliquish. The nice thing is now we have the cat and the park kitty here in Florida helps to keep them away.
Frank
Old 07-11-2016, 09:36 PM   #5291

Gulf Streamers Club
Evening all. Made it back to Texas today! From Dodge City Kansas to Amarillo, Texas. Around 250 miles. Murderous wind, 25 miles an hour out of the south. Have not fueled so do not know the damage yet. 105 in Amarillo today. Yep, back in Texas. 450 miles to go, to Gatesville where I park the MH. Should make it there by Friday. Gatesville is a setup sort of like Tim's where he stays at his brother's, but I stay at my sister's. No lake but the view out my front window is her 10 acre pasture and across the road is the neighbor's 50 acre pasture with a hundred goats in it. 5 miles outside of town. 50 amp, water and sewer. And covered. And at night if the weather is cool and the air conditioner is not blowing, you can hear artillery and 50 cal machine gun fire from Ft Hood across the way. Now that is peaceful.

Well y'all be safe out there. And stay cool. Tim, follow doctors orders. That is my orders.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:40 PM   #5292

Ron,
Glad that you made it back to texas ok. now to continue being safe to your sisters.
Frank