Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2016, 10:02 PM   #5293

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee is good today!
Tim, glad everything is going great for you! Take care, and don't over do it!
Lloyd, I have used the same little buffer from Walmart to keep my semi looking great for many years! My son now has them and will be using them on Mona! They work great, and I had two, one for putting the wax on, one for taking it off! They have even survived falling from 13' up, and still work! Best thing is you can buy the bonnets at Walmart when they have them in stock!
Well my keyboard was bad in my laptop, so the shop ordered a new one, and it should be fixed in a day or so!
Steve, I would bet you have something dead close to your site, why those guys are hanging around! In that heat, it should be easy to find!
Lynne, when I lived out in the country, surrounded by fields of corn and soy beans, the mice were a real problem! The best deterrent I found was a bunch of farm cats! I tried the dryer sheets, they used them in their nests! I tried the ultrasonic things helped but still had them. The glue traps work well, but you have to check them often, and staple them down, or they will get stuck and drag them in places you can't reach! You need to find their route in and stop them there! In a MH that is a tall task! Follow the wire bundles, as that is usually the way they get in! That or the holes for the plumbing! Good luck! My son has had good luck with these little packets he places around his shop, by the doors, but don't know what they are called, I think he got them at Menards!
Ron, glad your recon mission is complete! Thanks for the heads up!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2016, 05:28 AM   #5294

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Back at home
Coffee is done and I get to use my new mug from the car show. I'm sure it will taste better... LOL
I couldn't find my mouse Lynne, but found it in one of the 3 bags of junk I brought home from the hospital. Different kind of mouse!!!! No DO-DO LOL

Man-o-Man did the state get rocked yesterday by tornadoes. It hit about 50 miles west from the S&B. I am not sure why they hit the Trailer Parks but it hit one. One Mobile home was picked up and set down 50 feet from the slab. The owner wasn't home at the time thank heavens. A 18 wheeler was picked up and laid one its side in a field. What power. We got some rain but got missed by the really bad weather.
The foot continues too ooze/drain. I lost count of how many bags of IV anti-bionics they gave me but I estimate about 6 per 24 hours. Must be one heck of a infection. I have 2 different pill anti-bionics I take twice a day for 7 day's.
I have to run out too the farm today to borrow my brothers walker. He's borrowing me his from his MC Accident, he's not using anymore. He asked if I'm bring the MH I said no not yet, he seemed a little bummed but I want to give it a few days before I drive.
I slept 5 hours last night so nice to be back in my bed, I'm staying in the MH it has more to hold onto if I need to get something. Boy the girls were so so happy to see me, maybe more than Joe... LOL
That's about it for me, Ya-all have a great day.
Those on the road be safe.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:50 AM   #5295

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning. We had a strong thunderstorm last night, lots of lightning and thunder, no hard rain or wind.
Tim,
Glad that you are home and also that the tornadoes missed you, we had one about 75 miles southeast of us, thank goodness that it was in an open area and there was no damage.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:58 AM   #5296

Morning all!

Glad to hear your up and around Tim!!! Remind me which foot this is? Right or left? I assume left if your thinking of driving, would seem it would still be very sore. (probably a under statement)

Glad the storms missed everyone, always amazed with the power of the wind.

Lynne, drier sheets did't work for me either. We have had some luck with the little sonic devices you plug in, but to get those results we used twice as many as recommended and of course your coach needs to have power to keep them working.

I did have success blocking the little buggers way in. Went under the RV, started on one end, and everywhere I saw wires or pipes going in, I made sure the space around the hole was filled. Used that spray foam insulation you can buy in the home store. Pay close attention in the engine area, and near the appliances.

I would lend you Jingle and Diesel,,, but we would miss their company too much. They even get the moths that have the miss fortune to enter our house.

L.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:10 AM   #5297

Coffee is great this morning. ..

Ron glad your back in texas even though it's hot it's home....just don't pick up any hitch hikers when you get to your sisters...*wink*...

Tim glad it's getting better it just takes time....let the meds do their work and get you cleared up. I know when I get home from the hospital after a stay my cat gets next to me and won't leave my side till he wants food....lol. pets are a good medicine.....

Frank watch out for those twisters...growing up in tornado alley I remember the civil defense sirens going off alot...

Rail hopefully when you get your pc back you won't lose any more post from slipping through the keyboard...lol

Steve it's always a pleasure to read your commentary you paint a great picture of your adventures....love reading them.

Lynne you can work on the wife all your little heart desires but I think she is just not going to have it....lol

Everyone be safe and enjoy life

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 06:21 AM   #5298
bap

goodmorning my friends,,,

well I got all 6 acres of the lawn weed eated and mowed yesterday,,man the new cub cadet it a pleasure to spend the day on and the little cheap black an decker battery operated weed eater is actually fun to use nice and light and very quiet.
with Debbie gone now I'm not sure what to do next without following her finger..lol,, ohh well I think I will clean out and reset one of the barns then pick up bert(F.I.L) and go see the tarzan movie this evening and then take him out for dinner,,belive me that's the least I could do for him,,,!!!

TIM,,sure glad to know your back home,,,hardest thing to do is take it easy but buddy you need to or you could end up back in the hospital,,,follow DR. RON,s advise..!!!!

LYNNE,, I take it you don't like mice,,,,lol...and there so cute..living out here in the country it,s a battle keeping mice out of my feed shed and barns I just keep at least 1 black snake in each of them,,it works !!also with them being in the king snake family they will eat the venomus snakes aswell.-have never had a copperhead or rattlesnake in any building with black snake in them...-----just sayin !!!

well,,gotta get crackin if I want to clear out the barn,,,gonna be hot and muggy today here,,,,..

be safe my friends,,
jeff
Old 07-13-2016, 04:00 AM   #5299

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
morning,
Coffee is good,
That hospital coffee had a nice taste but really strong.

Where is everyone?

Lloyd its my right foot, the gas peddle foot,
I'm going too try a pair of my old crutches, the walker works but then I need to walk on it and it split a bit. I really have no feeling in my foot because of my back. They have me on some pain meds for my back again.
Jeff,
I see you have your latest creation in your avatar, always liked that bubble gum color, especially on a 50ties Crown Vic Looks nice, got any interior Pic's?
Gordon how did the recall go?
I bet your out polishing the bike again. Did you get caught in the rain?
ron ,
glad your almost home. I know about those winds we had them all the way back from AZ last spring. I could almost watch the gas gauge go down. Your sisters place sounds nice. Drive safe the last leg.
rail,
hope you find out where your posts are going,
I lost one the other day but I forgot to hit the submit key...
Watching a old WW1 movie "Darling Lili" Julie Andrews, Rock Hudson, and a few other well know actors. Pretty Good Flick.
Man, we could really use some rain, my yard is parched to say the least. I've been watering the fruit trees so they are doing well going to have a bumper crop, Apples & Pears.
Thanks again for the prayers and well wishes,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:17 AM   #5300

Morning all!

Hi Tim! Oh the right foot, becareful driving!! Sounds like it is still doing well. We had no rain here for like 5 weeks, and of course it was very hot. However we have had thunderstorms every evening for 7-8 days now. Things have greened up nicely. More of the same expected. This is driven by all the cleaning/waxing on the coach. Wait till I pull it out of the barn!!!!!!

Gordon, Hope you didn't get too wet. Up there it was probably wet and cold?

Bap. I need to check out that battery powered wacker. Mine is a 4 stroke,,, it is so heavy. And every other time I mow I have to do around the pond. It really is too much.

Ron, welcome home to Texas. Debbie and I are in the midst of planning a trip, gonna pass through Texas in about a month, will share more later.

Well, every one have a great day! I'm going to get going. The air drier came, gonna try and get it installed this morning before it gets too hot. Once it is complete I just have a few more things on the list,,,, polish the windshield, and Deb wants a shoe rack in the bedroom closet.

L.
Old 07-13-2016, 06:18 AM   #5301
bap

top of the morning my friends,,

LOYD,, the little battery powered weed eater is the way to go as long as your not planning on brush hogging with it,,lol,...and they don't cost an arm an leg,,this little black an decker is a breeze to hang on to and your arms and back will thank you for it..

TIM,, that is debbies little 1957 metzendorf,,watermelon and granit are the colors,,,she named it pinky,,i will have to post more pics of it when I get a chance it has become her favorite and everyone that sees it has to come check it out..lol

wow we are getting one heck of a thunder storm just now,,,out of the blue,,,one second sunny the next second pitch black and heavy heavy rain with huge bolts of lightning,,
gonna go sit on the porch,,,,have a great day everyone
Old 07-13-2016, 07:16 AM   #5302

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Coffee is great this AM, sitting here and drinking it in peace. Had rain last night. Like you Bap, it was sunny, clouds rolled in and bam the rain came down for about 20 minutes. Sure could have used it all night but the yard and plants across the road look better.

Still no mice in the traps so far. No other signs of the furry little buggers. Bap, they are fine in a cage at someone else's house and cute, but not in my house or MH. We've had cats always except the last five years. Had to put the last two down. Tanners was 22 yrs old and my baby, she was something. Kaysha was 17, she was Jerry's gardening buddy, rarely left his side and she was our mouser. Didn't want to get another because our hearts hurt so bad after those two. Maybe some day.

MK, I will probably just make friends with your with and leave it alone at that. If she hasn't decided to drive up to this point, it's highly unlikely she will. Or, you do such a fantastic job at it she does not want to compete with your skills.

Going into the 90's again today. Things were still wet this AM so it should help the crops grow. Got to get going and get some things done. You all have a great day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:04 AM   #5303

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

Yesterday I went on my Tuesday morning hike. It’s a nice hike, +4 miles R/T with a 1,000’ elevation gain/loss so you work out one muscle group going up and another coming down. I should be doing it more often. I sat out for an hour this morning drinking coffee and my new friends the buzzards didn’t show up . I guess they’ve moved on to greener pastures. It’s nice sitting out, doves land in the trees around me and I keep wondering if I should get a “wrist rocket” sling shot and maybe use it to obtain a free lunch, or get myself kicked out of the RV park. My late wife believed in reincarnation and she felt that I must’ve been some type of hunter-gatherer in a past life. We’d be driving along and she’d see a big cock pheasant along the road and say “Steve, look at that beautiful bird!” and I’d comment on how good they tasted. For some reason, it wasn’t what she wanted to hear… However, with dating and marriage we were together for almost 42 years and still very much in love when Gail died, so I must’ve been doing something right.

Hopefully today will be the day that I put up some trip photos, Lord knows I have enough to choose from! What happens with me is that I loaf all morning in the cool breeze and then when the heat sets in during the afternoon I get depressed by it and nothing gets done. I’ve found in my life that weather has a big effect on my psyche. Too many short overcast winter days and I get SAD, too much relentless summer heat and that bothers me too. I don’t know how folks in Tucson and Phoenix can stand living there in the summer.

One thing the heat does is to give me the incentive to formulate plans so I don’t spend another summer here. I’m thinking that next summer I’ll head up to Port Angeles again via Highway 93 through Nevada, and then I-84 through eastern Oregon, Idaho and Washington. I have a friend in Port Angeles with a boat who’s always looking for a fishing partner. Port Angeles, with its adjoining Olympic National Park and nearby Victoria Canada, is a beautiful area with the perfect summer weather for me.

Hot dog! I have a plan!

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:11 AM   #5304
bap

LYNNE,, our cat just had kittens there eyes just opened yesterday.......just sayin,,,if ya want I could mail them to ya....------I also understand the loss of a four legged family member--it hurts,,,,but just think of the fun 4 little kittens playing around,,have to smile at that..again just sayin.....

rain is over and back to hot and muggy,,,,i keep telling myself....I waited all winter for this,,,,,just sayin.....lol
Old 07-13-2016, 10:51 AM   #5305

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bap,

I'm with you, I waited all winter for warm weather and I am loving it! I told Jerry the one year we had such a bad winter that if I complained about the heat he needed to knock me out.

I haven't "complained" about the heat since. I comment on it but being able to go outside without coats and boots and gloves is worth the heat. I love the new colors on the TT. Debbie has amazing taste! Hope she keeps this one.

Still no mice cute or not. Yeah! OK, back to the got to get it done. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:21 AM   #5306

Winnebago Owners Club
Enjoying my morning coffee and working with my neighbor's kid removing the dreaded asian jasmine that has taken over my yard, when I looked up and noticed that one of my trees was uprooted, took out the fence, took out an overhead cable line and then commenced to land on the roof of my Class C. Can't determine the scope of the damage until the arborist gets here to cut it away. But initially the roof of the RV looks undamaged maybe a damaged bath skylight. We will see if the winnebago structure is as good as marketed. Stay tuned!
H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote