Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-04-2015, 03:06 PM   #519

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Hi all,

Yep, I figure if the space is there and not being used it is better than being short and needing space. I just figure the DH will not want to leave his clubs behind and he might kick me out of the bed so he has room for them.

So, I will keep looking. At least I stopped before I put some money down and or purchased it. I do have a better idea now of what is really necessary and what is not. Narrowing it down......

Lynne
Lynne I know men are willing to compromise so you can give up some of the room in your side of the closet for his clubs. Problem solved! Don't forget the back of your toad.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2015, 04:38 PM   #520

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Lynne I know men are willing to compromise so you can give up some of the room in your side of the closet for his clubs. Problem solved! Don't forget the back of your toad.
Yes - we tend to forget all the space we can utilize in the toad. Are you towing toad 4 down or on a dolly, on a trailer or an enclosed trailer. Questions, questions, questions and no answers.

We have an enclosed trailer for our toys. Keeps them out of the weather and out of sight. So Peace of Mind. The enclosed has nooks and crannies that we store much needed items in like smoker, bicycles, etc.

Kind of like the proactive method so am onside with how Lynne is approaching the issue. "Too tight - not right"

Old 02-04-2015, 05:59 PM   #521

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Yes - we tend to forget all the space we can utilize in the toad. Are you towing toad 4 down or on a dolly, on a trailer or an enclosed trailer. Questions, questions, questions and no answers.

We have an enclosed trailer for our toys. Keeps them out of the weather and out of sight. So Peace of Mind. The enclosed has nooks and crannies that we store much needed items in like smoker, bicycles, etc.

Kind of like the proactive method so am onside with how Lynne is approaching the issue. "Too tight - not right"
Gordon a bonus to having the toad full is DW is limited on purchases when we are on the road! lol
Old 02-04-2015, 06:38 PM   #522

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Gordon a bonus to having the toad full is DW is limited on purchases when we are on the road! lol
amen
Old 02-04-2015, 07:53 PM   #523

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tim and Gordon,

We will be towing a Prius on a dolly. It has pretty good space. I'm not so much worried about storage for clothes, I need tools. You see, I am not the standard female. I want to fix things on the MH myself. I want to learn what makes it tick and what keeps it running. I need tools for that.

I hate shopping and do most on-line cause then I don't have to go to the store. When I do go (because I can't find something any other way) I go in find what I want and get out. If the stores relied on me for shopping, they would all close.

Now, take a walk up a path, I'm your girl. Redo a wood floor or cabinet, I'm your girl. Bake a pie, I'm your girl. Give a massage, I'm your girl.

That is why I am here to learn as much as I can. Hopefully will still run into people who will be willing to show me the first time. Don't mind chopping my own firewood, building the fire, I just have to fight my DH for the right. Want room for my bike, chairs, outside table, grill, ladder, and cleaning supplies for the outside. I actually look forward to cleaning the outside of the MH and yes, I know I will get over that.

You can have the whole closet for his clubs, he is worth it. Love that man of mine! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:44 AM   #524

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, 17* and 3" of snow last night, supposed to be high for the day going to -20 later . Lynne, Dw and I are with you as far as shopping go most are done online anymore. I think you do need as much space to pack things as you can get, we just had a discusson about that and was something I had not thought of. Wanting to learn is the first step in anything, I think you will do good you have the right attitude and patience. Well gotta go plow, catch all later.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:04 AM   #525

-4 here but suppose to get up to 20. Were having a heat wave today! calling for 40 tomorrow. Time to bust out the shorts.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:37 AM   #526
bap

lynne, i checked it out,,,it is a goodlooking mh, but i see ur still looking and for some good reasons,,storage means alot,,,the son and i belive in if i have 1 knife that actually means i have 2 same as 2 means 4,,,if you catch what im saying,,,and its better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it....thats our thinking process on tools and survival gear,,,,sound funny coming from someone that is totally comfy in a 16ftr tt,,lol.....but the dw and i are good about what we need , not to mention my dw has a gift of packing anything,,,this women of mine could fit as much stuff in our little focus than most people could pack in a 30ft mh....lol

well coffee was good this morning,,,50deg. yesterday and 28 today,,,,been that way all winter,,,i just wish it would stay close,,,these 30deg. changes are hard to adjust to......lol..didnt make it to look at the tt yesterday but called the guy and were getting ready to make a 100 mile trip (one way) to check it out today

everyone stay safe and have a great day...
Old 02-05-2015, 05:39 PM   #527

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening all,

Yeah, I will keep looking. I want to be able to have room if I need it. If I never use it, so much the better. My DH can really pack a car too. I don't know how he does it sometimes. I can pack a pretty mean suit case though.

It's hard to keep the excitement down when I go look and see so many things I like, but I also find out what I don't want. Will be going Saturday to look and then working Sunday. I am getting a lot of overtime right now so will keep putting it away. Never know what I will find in the future.

You all have a good evening and a great morning. See you Sat morn, Lynne
Old 02-06-2015, 02:29 AM   #528

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good afternoon everyone, here anyway! The coffee was very good today! Welcome to the nubies! Just catching up a bit from our short trip!
Lynne, you will know when you find "the one" It will be very clear!
It is Friday afternoon over here, and we have food vendors set up every Friday up and down our street across from our store! It smells very good, with all the different food cooking! The high today is a nice 86* the low was 60*! I know, I see all the freezing temp's over there, and???? Yes, I love it over here! And, if you all want to know what kind of store we have? We have a Pharmacy, My DW is a pharmacist, and works at a government hospital, the head of the Pharmacy Dept. and we own and operate our own too! One very good thing about her government job here, is I also have the good government insurance! And for all the cancer treatment, and all I have gone thru in the last 6 months, it was almost all covered by insurance! So , I am very lucky! And good to be healthy!
Terry, I am glad you are going to get your knee replaced, and you will be up and around in no time!
Bap, Did you drive to see that TT yet?
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 02-07-2015, 07:01 AM   #529

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good morning All,

Always enjoy a day off because instead of drinking coffee as I drive 32 miles to work, I get to sit in my chair and read IRV2 instead while drinking my coffee. Ah, only 35 more months.

Rail. I agree, that I will know it when I see it. Every MH I look at only confirms for me that there are certain things I absolutely have to have and others things that would be nice but not an absolute.

It is amazing how many different MHs there are. Floor plan is important so I really concentrate on that. Color somewhat but not a deal breaker. I can change that if necessary but would rather pay a bit more to get the color I want so don't have to bother. I know storage is important at this point so the last one I looked at made that definite for me.

Going to try to go look today but have a lot to do and with working extra tomorrow may not make it.

You all have a great day! Lynne
Old 02-07-2015, 08:20 AM   #530

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good morning group, today up in the 60s and sunny. Two sons coming, but more important there will be a couple of professional fence stretchers coming also in the form of a 4 year old grandson and his 3 year old cousin and 1 yo sister, her job will be to keep MiMi busy!

I'm thinking if Grampa can keep those young ones busy my two sons can make big progress!

Have a good day!
Old 02-07-2015, 09:46 AM   #531

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning All;
Coffee is great this morning.

Highs of 85 for the next while. Thankfully it gets to about 50 overnight. So ----- We run open the windows and run the fantastic fan overnight. Currently 53 outside and 60 inside. Brisk but the coffee tastes good and the cup is nice and warm in the hands.

Will leave the windows closed and it will take until 1 or 2 to get as warm inside as it will be outside. Ran the air conditioners for a bit yesterday just to exercise them.

Going to be a lovely day here.

Hope everyone has a grand day.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:20 AM   #532

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
High today upper 20'es. Played in the MH yesterday. After the initial start-up it got up to 60ies within 20-30 Minutes. The brite sunshine helps a lot now this time of year when it decides too show!!!. So for 5 hours the furnace only came on 4 times. I was also running my Electric heater.
I just wish I had heat everywhere so I don't need to run in the S&B for a potty break
Might just do the same today and read up on my Motorhome magazines. I think I'll use the Gennie for awhile to get the juices & electric flowing.
Have a great Saturday
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote