Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:19 PM   #5307

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning Everyone;
Well the recall went well for the coach. Managed to get to the shop at the right time and was in for the work within 20 minutes. Does not seem to run any different than before. Hope the fuel economy goes up. Not likely but can hope.

Managed to get all the way there and back without getting rained on. There was rain overnight so some damp spots on the road but traffic had taken most of the moisture off. Possibly a quick wipe will be all that is necessary. Anyway the coach is back inside to the showers this afternoon will not be affecting it.

H-12 - hope all is well. Sometimes luck can be on our side.

Have a great day.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2016, 07:47 PM   #5308

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
^^^ I must be in LALA Land, I thought it was the bike going in.
Never mind...
Well got a call from a couple that we befriended out in Quartzsite last winter, he called this morning we must of shot the sxxt for a good hour nice too hear from them. They are going to be there come November. I said we'll have to get together.
Then went too a friends place this afternoon (I used to work with him) and his in-laws were visiting from Mesa Az, So I shot the Sxxt for an hour with them. Then my friend said that they will be going there for Christmas so we plan on inviting them to the RV Park while they are down. Boy busy busy and we aren't even there yet... I better look at the map and see where Mesa is.
Beautiful day for a cruise in the 64. Top down of course!!!!

Haven't gotten anything Gordon, Beamsil.

Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:46 PM   #5309

I am also confused Gordon, thought the recall was on the bike?

H12,,, wow. Hope all is okay with your MH.

Tim, you will have a ton of people around you in AZ this winter!!

Steve, you reminded me of how lucky I am to have Debbie all these years. we are in year 46!!!! We started young. I need to work on not taking that for granted.

The drier is installed, no leaks. The list on the coach is done (except installing a CB and making a shoe rack) but I have moved it out of the barn and into the carport. That work is inside, I'll turn on the a/c for that project.

Have a great evening all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:55 PM   #5310
cwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Good Morning All;
Taking the motorcycle in for a recall. Looks like it is sprinkling outside. Yuck.

Bap - great on the days without adult supervision. Now you can do things the way they are supposed to be done!

Tim - seconds on what Lloyd said. Sit back for a bit, do as the doctor advises and you will be golden.

Well - out to put the rain gear on. Have a great day.
Yup. Gordon said it was the bike! So, who is confused?
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:08 PM   #5311

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Not me this time
Old 07-13-2016, 10:15 PM   #5312

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I am always in a state of confusion, but the coffee keeps me sane!
Just finished off the last of the coffee cake we brought back from Chon Buri! Man it hit the spot!
Still no laptop, so will keep this short!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Rail!!
Old 07-14-2016, 05:56 AM   #5313

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Currently?? Can't find my new weather station its somewhere here in the MH...

Thanks MSN< 66 degrees high's in the 70dies,next few days.
Coffee is really good, Might make a percolator brew later.
Been looking at a few older Foretravlers love the old lines. They still are getting a pretty penny for them too...
Foot seems to be coming along, I just have to sit still... Little puffy this morning. Better go put it up for awhile.
Have a Great Day
and those on the road be safe,
Tim
Old 07-14-2016, 06:39 AM   #5314

Gulf Streamers Club
Morning everyone. Last night on the road. Today I will make it back to Gatesville and the MH carport. 230 more miles. 650 from Glen Elder State Park. Good return trip except for the 20-25 mile headwind.

When I get back home I will give my phone to my IT guy (thank you Rebecca) and see if she can edit the videos I took of the park and get them posted here.

ronspradley

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:13 AM   #5315

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, weather is about the same, very warm and humid in the morning, turning very hot and humid during the day, with thunderstorms and rain in the evening. Oh well, that is Florida in the summer. Grass cutting has slowed down as the construction has moved to a new area. Now stripping the doors of the washrooms to repaint, they are steel doors, and the rust is showing thru, last time they were painted, someone just painted over the rust. So grinding all the way down to bare metal , then priming with Rustoleum before painting with the appropriate colors.
Gordon,
I do remember that you said you got a recall on the MH, but you were going to take the bike in. Oh well, age is getting to all of us.
Mike,
Hope that the MH is ok with no real damage.
Ron,
Safe travels on your last leg.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:25 AM   #5316

Winnebago Owners Club
Enjoying my morning jo while waiting for the arborist and his crew to show. Saturday we had an afternoon storm pass through with 60mph winds and my neighborhood lost several trees in it's wake. There are three other trees close to the MH that I will have removed today so something like this never happens again. Maybe overkill, maybe not; but a side benefit is that their removal will also help reduce our horrible mosquito population.
H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:02 AM   #5317
bap

goodmornin gang..

coffee is grrreaat this morning one more cup and I'm jumping in on a old very old gta,,it,s the scrapyard reject that I found in town,,2 guy,s had hauled it to the scrapyard and the scrapyard turned it down...lol,,its another micro tt at about 10ft,,..bert already has the top off and sides pulled away,,soo it needs to be finished,,,,and to be honest Debbie has always treasured this one because I stopped the guys and haad them haul it to the house and her dad/bert has torn it apart,,,now its time to fix her up and let Debbie work her magic,,,she said she has big plans for this tiny tt....

well sure hope everyone is well...
gotta get crackin,,,,latter tatters...
Old 07-14-2016, 09:05 AM   #5318

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Sorry for the confusion. Both the MH and the bike had recalls. The bike had a proportioning valve on the back brakes replaced. The MH had a recall on the ECM - it was reflashed with new software. Lazy this time and had them do an oil change and inspection on the coach. Not cheap but worth it to me. Everything is as it should be they said.

Grand daughter coming over today for work detail. I really enjoy the time with her.

Have a great day.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:05 PM   #5319

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Afternoon All,

Got another lovely rain last night and the crops look a lot better with it. Love the smell of rain!

Still no furry little critters in the MH so think we stopped the little buggers. Still warm out there but cooling down tomorrow for a few days. Will have a 3 day weekend next week and may just need to go camping. Will try the local State Park this time. Just electric but they have a great lake and trails.

Do any of you use a signal booster for your cell phone when you are camping? Looking at them but man are there a lot. Don't know which one to get. Signal sometimes is less than I would like so want to have one on hand.

Frank, A few years ago I was looking for some new outside lights. The old ones had rusted from the original GOLD paint and looked awful. Couldn't find what I wanted. Jerry took the lights off one at a time, I sanded them down to bare metal, and then painted with black Rustoleum paint and they still look great! It's the only way to do the job correctly.

Mike, we've had a lot of trees go down around our area and some people are still without power since Friday so taking down trees is not necessarily a bad thing when you consider the damage they can cause when too close to a house or garage.

You all have a nice day. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:57 PM   #5320

Gulf Streamers Club
Home again

Just a quick report to say that me and Chico the wonder dog are back at the motorhome carport. Also called LSHB Ranch, Cowboy Church, and RV Resort. Now under cover and I do not care if it is hot.

Been chillin in the AC for a while, opened a cold Shiner Bock, all is good. Now for some food and a nap.

ronspradley

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote