Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2016, 04:05 AM   #5377

So sad to hear Ron....prayers sent for you and your family..

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2016, 05:05 AM   #5378
bap

RON,,so very sorry for your loss,,i cant amagine what your going threw but know you and your family are in my prayers..

jeff
Old 07-21-2016, 05:23 AM   #5379

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Ron,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family on your loss. We are here for you for anything that we can do.
Frank
Franka548 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:34 AM   #5380

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Ron, So sorry for your loss, praying for you and your family
Old 07-21-2016, 05:34 AM   #5381
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Ron, So very sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and the family.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:21 AM   #5382

Ron, I’m sorry to hear about the death of your wife. She probably went quickly and didn’t suffer much, so at least you have that to be thankful for. After my wife’s death I was helped quite a bit by a church run grief counseling organization called Griefshare that met at a local church. I’m not very religious and was skeptical when I first went, and while I found Griefshares answers to be a bit simplistic, I was helped by the mutual support of sharing with others who were going through similar grief as mine.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:40 AM   #5383

Winnebago Owners Club
Ron - Sincere condolences. Our prayers go out to you and your family. Please take care of yourself.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:42 AM   #5384

Tiffin Owners Club
Dale and I send our deepest condolences, Ron. Sending prayers to you and your family during this time.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:02 AM   #5385

Ron
Sad news , you have a lot of friends here , just let us know if you need anything.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:48 PM   #5386

My photo hosting website made some changes and now I'm having problems posting photos. I'll give them a few more days to get their act together and then I'll have to try something else it they don't improve. However, not to worry my son works in IT and he can advise me.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:48 PM   #5387

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ron,

It is a shock when you find someone you love has passed. I am sorry about Rebecca and sorry that you had to be the one to find her. Having 39 years together you tend to think they are going to be there forever. We often think we will be the first one to go and it just doesn't seem real when it happens.

The 39 years you had together will become very precious in the months to come. You will pull out memories and cry and then in time the crying will ease and the smiles will come. There will be times when you want to tell her something and then realize she is not there. You can still talk to her, so talk to her. She is watching you.

I pray that you find peace, I pray that your heart heals, I pray that your family remembers with great love how precious of a gift that Rebecca was. We are here Ron, your friends, to help when you need it.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:18 AM   #5388

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Currently, HOT, HUMID, Thick. Yuck.
Not doing to much at the farm, mow in the AM and late afternoon. Otherwise sitting in the shade foot elevated, I get the stiches out Monday.
The Bells of St. Mary's is on, but it's not Christmas yet. Still an old favorite of mine.
I have to tell ya the rear AC unit will freeze ya out of the MH, 15 minutes after I turn it on. The puppy likes it too she will come down to the MH and wait till we let her in and she plops down and goes too sleep. The front one works pretty well also.
I got the rear bumper straighten out, hooked a chain to a tree and gently pulled it back to where it belongs. I haven't
did any fiber glassing with the heat, but maybe today.
Brothers B-Day today and we are taking him out to a local bar for a fish fry all ya can eat. I hear it's Tilapia my favorite fish.
Been on line looking at MH's, too upgrade. Boy they are all over the board. Looking at 40 fter's with at least 1 slide W/D, DP.
Been using my new Ice Maker it sure works great and make's ice pretty fast. Using it up pretty fast with the heat.
The lake is really calm and nobody out Fishing.
That's about it from here.
Those on the road be safe and keep cool,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:55 AM   #5389

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
There have been 3 people that have been hurt by lightning strikes in the last week near here. These pop up thunderstorms are daily down here in the summer time. And the lightning strikes happen all the time. The 3 people, 2 of them are going to be ok, the 3rd(15 year old boy) is still in the hospital from last week, he is improving, but haven't heard if there will be any permanent damage or not.
Just a reminder to everyone, that if you hear thunder, that heed and get to shelter.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:28 AM   #5390

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning Everyone;
Tim - glad the foot is healing and you are getting some time with foot up.

Went tree planting yesterday. Lots of volunteer spruce in the strawberry bed. Hated to just pull them out so am starting a reforestation project around the yard. Managed to disturb a ground wasp nest as I was digging so have another task to do. Will wait till they are down for the day tonight and take the wasp blaster to them.

More yard work today. Cleaning out under some of the fruit trees and weeding the garden. Tonight I am going to try our new potatoes. Been having some doubt as the tops are really lush. I hope there are potatoes underneath. Been eating chard, beans are blooming, peas are filling, beets and carrots are coming nicely.

Hope everyone has a grand day. Going to be warm and sunny here for part of the day. Predicting thunderstorms later today and into the night.