Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:37 PM   #5391

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon Gang,
The rain just let loose and just heard the thunder, so that is it for outside for a while.
Tim,
Glad that your foot is healing, hope that the infection is gone for good. Just don't overdo and follow the Doc's orders.
Gordon,
Sounds like you have a busy day lined up for yourself, lol.

Have a great day all,
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2016, 01:22 PM   #5392

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Afternoon,

Another beautiful sunny very dry day. Love the heat and sun but we really need rain. I think about the people who were having floods and others drought and realize this can hit anyone of us on different years. First chance for some rain is tomorrow but we will see.

Jerry and went to the MH today and installed the new TV. He had dropped the other new one and it broke so had to order another. We could get the TV to work, the DVD, but not the VHS. He found a DMI cable he attached and now everything is working. Even in the storage place we could get several channels.

Ron, keep thinking about you. Prayers and thoughts are with you.

Everyone take care, keep safe, and hug your loved ones. Lynne

beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 05:22 PM   #5393

Gulf Streamers Club
Hello all. Thanks all for the support. Lots of family and friends by the house this week and we have moved much of the hoard collection to ready for a garage sale this coming Saturday. Planning a memorial/celebration of life in a couple of weeks for family and friends, it will be at ous sons house across town. It is of course still hard but it is getting a little better.

And on the tales of the little furry critters that Lynne is so fond of, my shower pan cracked a couple of weeks ago on MH and I took shower apart and took out the shower pan. Found where mice had chewed a tunnel under pan, between the foam board and pan. I took a couple of pictures showing the missing foam, and the reason pan cracked. Also pan was getting brittle at pan drain and all of that will need to be fiberglassed for structural strength. And some foam-in-a-can to fill in the missing foam on the foam board. So in a couple of weeks when I can get back in the garage, I will see if I can do some fixin. I will let yall know.

ronspradley

ps Forgot to mention, on second picture I put in some car keys to show scale.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV shower foam 1.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	133980   Click image for larger version

Name:	RV shower foam 2.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	133981  

Name:	RV shower drain.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	133982  
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 05:33 PM   #5394

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ron,

I told you, those little suckers are nasty inside the MH. They weren't invited and need to leave the premises.

The problem I see with the older RVs is that yes, they do age and need some repairs just due to becoming brittle or worn. I think though due to some of the comments made by owner's of new ones I will stay with the older model. Plus, it's paid for.

I keep telling myself I need to do a garage sale but I hate the things. I think the Goodwill is going to become the beneficiary.

Lynne
Old 07-23-2016, 07:02 PM   #5395

Evening everyone....Coffee was good today but one of my cups that keeps my coffee warm doesn't seem to work any more...hmmm...so I marked it and will make sure I drink out of that one first....lol

Ron still sending prayers for ya and if ya need to get away or just need an ear pm me and I can drive up there just let me know....we could get some coffee...lol...love my coffee...here for ya bud..

Wife finally used her Christmas present from her brother and SIL and went to the spa for a mani pedi and massage and god knows what else they got done in 6 hours...glad she got to go cause I was able to get things done that I needed to do without her in my way....lol....no "your doing it wrong" type comments....lol. she is not that bad but it is funny.....so I had a nice break too....matter of fact she is going to start doing more by herself....for my sanity.....lol....

You all have a great one and be safe....

Mk
Old 07-24-2016, 03:00 AM   #5396

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone!
Back in Bangkok, Jira's aunt has passed away, so we are down here for the funeral.
On the way down, I stopped at a caravan park, and took a few pic's! The airstream is a 2011, and was nice, but the price was nuts! The little car is a old nissan, the 5'er is a 2007, and had been sitting in the same spot for a long time! Now the price for both the airstream and the fiver was 2.5 million baht!! Way to much, plus Thailand has no CG's to speak of!! Nice to look though! The old Ford truck has a Teak body, and was pretty cool! Also, the little blue was cool, a euro manufacture, Bolei, and the little TH was cool too, set up for a MC!
Everyone have a great day!!
Rail!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1469346796212.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	134018   Click image for larger version

Name:	1469346813182.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	134019  

Name:	1469346836694.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	134020   Click image for larger version

Name:	1469346858072.jpg
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	134021  

Name:	1469346879304.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	134022   Click image for larger version

Name:	1469346894767.jpg
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	134023  

Name:	1469346953007.jpg
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	134024   Click image for larger version

Name:	1469346972992.jpg
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	134025  

Name:	1469346985901.jpg
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	134026  
Old 07-24-2016, 06:37 AM   #5397

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Currently 73 Rained pretty much all day yesterday, we really needed it too.
We are parked close to the last time and I buried the MH. So I will wait it out so I don't do it again. Don't have to leave anyway. Had a lighting strike very close to us the flash, a crack and a huge boom all in a few seconds had to almost peal me off the ceiling.
The fish fry Friday night was pretty good there was 14 people in attendance and it was Tilapia, and they ran out of that and offered Walleye both were excellent.
We watched 2 of my brothers 4 legged girls with our 4 legged girls yesterday while they went to a wedding, boy close corders. 4 dogs in a 30 footer, 2 big 2 small. they are well behaved. I think we watched every Death Wish movie ever made.
There's a few fishermen's out on the lake this morning, Wish the pontoon worked I'd be out there also.
Glad I'm getting the stiches out Monday I had to take one out yesterday along with a chunk of flesh. I think all the antibiotics are taking affect, I can finally say it's looking better, been kind of nervous with the way it has been looking.
Bought a bench for the shower to sit on. I had to put a bag over foot but it leaked but was nice to take a shower instead a of a sponge bath.
Rail, some nice pictures. sorry to hear of the passing of Jira's aunt.
Ron that's going to take a pretty good size patch, might it be easier to just replace the pan?
That's about it from the farm,
Those on the roads be safe and have a nice Sunday
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:11 AM   #5398

Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, just opened a new can.
Rail,
What a beautiful caravan park. Tell Jira that Rita and I send her our condolences on the passing of her Aunt.
Ron,
Looks like you have a little project ahead of you. I think that you might be better off glassing over the the drain hole and reinforce it, then just take a hole saw and redrill the opening instead of trying to just reinforce around the opening.
Tim,
Good to hear that your foot is looking better. Make sure that you continue to do what the Doc's say, at least until it is completely healed over.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 07-24-2016, 07:49 AM   #5399

Gulf Streamers Club
Morning all. Coffee/cocoa good this morning. Last day of family here at the house to finish with the packing and separating of keep, give away, garage sale, good will. Then garage sale next Saturday. Then a little therapy garage work and wood work. Then maybe get in MH with me and Chico and maybe travel some and visit friends and family. Sounds like a plan.

On old shower pan and foam under it: The foam is tapered so it would be difficult to replace. It tapers and gets less thick towards the drain. I am hoping the foam in a can can be used to replace the missing foam. And Frank, yes I will fiberglass all of the pan because of the drain and the crack in the pan. It looks like it all is getting brittle so this will hopefully extend the life of the pan to maybe match my future time left here on this earth. I am 71 and most of all of the Spradley men make it to 90 and beyond.

Well got to get to work. Rail, prayers to you and Jira on the passing of her aunt. All you guys and gals stay safe out there and get out and enjoy this beautiful planet God created for us.

ronspradley/and Chico the wonder dog

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:47 AM   #5400

Winnebago Owners Club
Rail and Jira;
Sorry for the loss of your aunt. Prayers for you and the family. Great pictures as per your normal. Wonder what price you could ask for Mona if you were able to import her?

Tim - sounds like things are coming along quite nicely. Taking stiches out with chunks of flesh sounds painful. I have taken stiches out but the have always come out clean.

Ron - looks like the repair you make should be of a more permanent nature. Just wondering if you could build a new pan "in place" using the foam underlay. Can the foam be removed? Is it possible to craft a new foam underlay by hand from Styrofoam or some like material? Next door neighbor has a CNC machine that would make short work of the basics. Just thinking it would be wonderful to be able to build a new pan outside of the shower so you have some extra working area.

Frank - the first pot made from freshly opened coffee is always the best. I keep thinking about buying small cans but then I see the saving by buying the big package and fall for the savings. When we get the first coffee from the freshly opened package I feel like Snuffles on Quick Draw McGraw!!! (I am likely the only one old enough to remember Snuffles and his love of biscuits. LOL)

Lynne - I agree with things aging and having to be repaired. Once you get the first "flurry" of repairs done you can age with the unit. As time goes on we learn the peculiarities and are able to identify and take care of the problems. It does not matter what you have they will all need maintenance and care.

Got some wasp bites the other day while planting trees. The swelling and itching is just about done. I took some wasp blaster out so I am definitely feeling better than they are.

MK - have had similar experiences. Fortunately Janet is a member of a very active Red Hat chapter. I credit the Red Hats for some of my best work!! LOL

Hope you all have a grand day.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:23 AM   #5401

Gordon,
I remember Snuggles well, and I agree with you about feeling like Snuggles with the freshly open coffee.
Frank
Old 07-25-2016, 07:09 AM   #5402
bap

goodmorning gang,,

RON,, still sending prayers for you and your family,, I cant stop thinking about how hard it would be to go through that, like MK said if you ever need a shoulder or an ear just let me know..

RAIL,, so very sorry to hear of your loss,,prayers sent to your family my friend..

TIM,, this is the day ..gotta be great to get to get them out...

jeff
Old 07-25-2016, 02:18 PM   #5403

Rail
Sorry to hear about Jira's auntie .

Tim
Old 07-25-2016, 05:25 PM   #5404

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening All,

Got some rain yesterday and boy did we need it. Grass is a bit greener today, not much, but a bit.

Rail, Sorry about Jira's Aunt. Prayers out to all the family. Sounds like she lived a long life.

Ron, Did you find any mice along with that damage? I could come kill them for you. We never did find ours, just their mess, little suckers. I see you guys doing all these repairs and wonder if I will ever tackle something like that. Never know until it hits.
Like Bap, I just keep thinking about you.

Tim, How's the foot? Keep it safe and take the time you need to heal it properly. You don't want more problems.

90 today and the sun is relentless. I love the sun though, it is so grey here during the winter so I really enjoy it when it is here.

All of you take care and keep safe. Lynne