Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:31 AM   #5419

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Well finished up the class yesterday, We are now Certified Pool/Spa Operators. While learning the proper way to test the pool water, we found out the chemical feeder has been off for the last week(EEEEK). The power outlet that it is plugged into is on the same breaker as the spa pump, which has been turned off for the last week due to a broken filter housing. Luckily the water is still in good shape, I will address the issue this morning.

Lynne,
Usually the mice get in when the unit is in storage, and if you catch them before they multiply, you are good to go. Once we got rid of the ones in here the first winter, we have not had an issue.
Have a great day all,
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2016, 06:36 AM   #5420
bap

goodmoning coffee crew,,,

sure wish I could send some of this rain to you folks that need it,,,were excpecting flood conditions until late Friday....may have to move the horses to higher ground before its over...

check ya latter,s taters....gotta git crackin..

jeff..

Old 07-28-2016, 06:55 AM   #5421

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Currently cool and 65 degrees No Ac,
fans running makes for a very quite morning. Left over coffee and its tasting mighty fine.
One of the horses attacked one of the snow plows being stored in the riding ring last evening pretty scary for sure not sure why?, they have been stored in the for years. She appears to be okay no cuts or limping and she's standing upright this morning.
Spent almost all yesterday running errands.
While mowing the swamp grass I am watching the tall grass for something possible laying in there, what do I come across is one of the turkeys sitting on a nest with 6 eggs in it. Went there yesterday to check and she isn't sitting on them. I hope with the warm weather they are staying warm.
Has anyone had Turkey eggs? we have and I can't taste a difference. The shells are pretty tough but still capable of cracking one in a fry pan. Not sure why but I have never seen them in a grocery store.
Having a problem with a new batch of mosquitoes, 1000 of them all over the side of MH and toad. They are conjugating by the door to the MH. I used a Yard Guard product and killed a bunch of them but with in 5 minutes there were 1000s again. A real pain in the tuckest trying to get in the MH.
Brother pulled the pontoon to see what happened to the steering but no luck I think we will need to replace the steering cable.
Foot is looking a lot better even considering the open wound still draining where the stiches ripped out.
That's about it from the farm,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:07 AM   #5422

Winnebago Owners Club
Frank,
Pools are a pain! I have been testing mine daily for the last 30 years and have been through several dosing apparatus' but found that my daily manual dosing and testing is the only method that is failsafe. Good Luck!!

To all: I want to replace my plastic Thetford toilet with a china bowl. Which brand is best? Thetford or Dometic? Without spending $600.00! I read the reviews but now I am more confused than before reading them.
H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:11 PM   #5423

Winnebago Owners Club
H-12 - We have Thetford in the coach. Works fine. Not sure about the Dometic but they are probably good as well.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:11 AM   #5424

Good Morning Gang,
Well, after going into the breaker box and checking all the wiring, ended up changing the plug from one side of the 4plex plug to the other side and Voila, the feeder is working. One side is wired to the pool pump, the other side is wired to the spa pump. The installer just plugged it into the wrong side.

H-12,
We have the Thetford also, works good.

Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 07-29-2016, 07:02 AM   #5425

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
H-12, we have a new Dometic rim flush porcelain that the PO just put in before we got Mona! Works great!
Frank, glad that was a easy fix!
Tim, keep taking care of your foot! Might be time for a zapper!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!!
Old 07-29-2016, 07:19 AM   #5426

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for the comments on the throne. I ordered the Dometic 320 before I saw all of your comments.
We are upgrading all of the plumbing fixtures in the Minnie Winnie after we decided not to upgrade the motorhome. We could not find the perfect floorplan but spent a lot of time looking at the new Leisure Travel models and the Sprinter based Winnebago.
We decided it would be much easier to service the Ford E350 anywhere in the US than the MB and at less cost. Plus we can carry more load with the Ford chassis. And, after installing the teak shower grate we realized that we can add "class" to this value based RV with only a few carefully planned modifications.
H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:11 AM   #5427

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Currently 58 degrees
Last week in the 80ties-upper 90ties.
Coffee is good and hot.

Brother had to order a new steering cable and is having the prop re-built on the pontoon. Man-O-Man it really sucks living at the lake and no boat. He has two other boats one sitting in the field and another one in the horse corral both work. One he says has too much power, Hmm I'd like to see for my self...
The other is a 1958 Queen of the Lake's Alumacraft, with the same year Evenrude,(sp) I'd love to have it.
I wouldn't get anything done then.

Gordon is that the couple that had the Ham at Easter? That was sure good. I bet the Prime Rib was even better sorry we missed that one.

I thought I would share what I'm up against with my foot.
A before and after and current looks a lot better. That's about it from the farm.
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160705_223421.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	134422   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160705_223524.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	134423  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160709_080204.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	134424   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160729_071824.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	134425  

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:59 AM   #5428

Winnebago Owners Club
Tim - some pretty ugly pictures but it looks like the Doctor has done a lot of good work.

No - Pat and Cliff brought the ham. You may not have met Robert and Glenda. They moved last year to the other end of the park. Used to come down to happy hour but eventually they joined a happy hour at their end. Robert is really into playing in the sand so has a Honda 700xx in full race mode.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 07-30-2016, 07:09 AM   #5429

Tim,
I'm with Gordon, it does look like your foot is healing , you just need to follow what the Docs are telling you.
Frank
Old 07-30-2016, 07:50 AM   #5430

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Coffee is great this morning sitting here listening to it rain! Ah rain, sounds and smells wonderful. It's been raining almost 4 hours and sometimes hard and boy do we need it I am really enjoying this.

Tim, often patient's do not listen to their doctors and the healing is stopped or hampered. They go back disappointed because it is not coming along as well as they think. Doing what your doctor says is paramount. They give you these instructions because that is what is needed to properly heal. I sure hope you are doing what he tells you.

Sorry, my medical persona coming out. I do practice what I preach though.

Summer seems to be flying by. I have a couple small camping trips planned but things keep happening to mess them up. UGH! Been tossing around an idea with Jerry for winter of 2017. I will be done no later than Dec 31, 2017. If we drive the MH to NC where my brother lives, park it in storage then we can leave Jan 2nd, 2018 and go down pick it up and hit the road. My brother can check on it occasionally and we can spend 2 weeks with them while taking it down.

Retirement is getting closer. Have a great day all. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 09:14 AM   #5431

Winnebago Owners Club
Lynne and Jerry;
Sounds like a workable plan. We generally head down in early October to miss the winter snows. Have encountered ice which is the worst because they use salt.

Have found that later into the winter there will be days when a window will open and the driving will be really good except for the cold. The highways will be bare and dry and good to travel on.

This spring was the first time we returned home where we did not encounter any inclement weather. Normally we run into snow between Butte and Great Falls.

Had a rain storm last night. Got half an inch but the wind was terrible. Cannot see any trees down but have not walked the property yet.

Have a grand day.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:48 PM   #5432

Greetings all!

We had a great trip, very busy, didn't have time to post or read here. Missed you all. A lot happened.

We went from home to Gettysburg PA, then to Virginia Beach, then to my brothers near Raleigh,,,, and got home about 3 hours ago. Coach ran great, until we pulled in the yard here and plugged it is...... then the surger protector died.

Dang, always something! Good thing it died here, no easy way to bypass it, got no power in the coach till I replace it. (unless I hard wired the wires together in the power compartment)

Tim,,,, glad your foot is doing well. That looks very painfull.

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote