Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2016, 07:00 PM   #5447
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Brother lives in Jacksonville by Camp Lejune ... We will winterize it just in case.
My opinion: An absolute must.

I spent a weekend at Camp Lejeune while on Navy duty during one winter back in the 90's. If I remember correctly, overnight temps were in the teens. They cooked and served us a hot breakfast in one tent. By the time we walked to the "dining" tent (10 feet away) our breakfast was cold.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2016, 07:07 PM   #5448

Winnebago Owners Club
Popeye - sometimes it feels like it here.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:47 PM   #5449

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Beamsil,
Change of plans come too Yuma, with me and joe and Gordon and Janet his wife. Never closed the windows. that was in March til April First-ish. This year we are going beginning of Oct thru April. Hoping for same weather.
I am afraid of infection and the Great Toe had a Bone infection how I don't know. So I keep it clean, wash twice a day and keep it covered until I go to bed and then I leave it open. I've had Ultra Sounds on said foot and there is great circulation and has a good pulse thank the lord.

Lloyd
sounds like your really enjoying the MH lifestyle. Retirement is like a vacation, One you don't have to be back by a certain time.

rvpopeye ,
yes one at our table and a gal in the booth behind us finished hers. I didn't even get thru 1/4 of mine. But I had the rest tonight and I finished it off, I think it was even better tonight if that was possible.

So Gordon,
How many days are you at?
I've been thinking about coming out 80 and take a Sharpe right @ Butte Montana onto 15 South into Vegas Then 95 the rest of the way .
If I figured correctly it will be about 150-200 miles further, than the southern route. If you remember we hit Ice last year around El Paso spent a couple nights in a Flying J Being from Minnesota I have had more experience with snow than with ice.
Took the 64 for a 150 mile drive today just me and my stereo. What a drive came across these fields and had to stop to take pictures. I was safely off the road to take the pics. I trrie 3 times to upload with no luck I'll try tomorrow,

Those on the road be safe.
Tim
Good Night or morning
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:39 AM   #5450

Gulf Streamers Club
Morning all. Coffee/cocoa good this morning. Saturday was garage day here. Took me and our son Ed, DIL's aunt and cousin, 2 hours to get everything outside. from 5 to 7 am. All finished at 2 pm. My sister Linda and niece also helped. Aunt Vicki and her daughter are garage sale pros, they used to do this for a living. Would not have been so successful without them. Now the house and garage and attic are clear enough to clean and organize. I started in the garage yesterday, cleaning and organizing. Changing storage options some to make better use of space. Garage is standard width for two car garage but is 3 or 4 feet short. Another corner that builder cut to save money on build in 1996. And another reason I will be moving. Neighborhood is fine but HOA keeps me from having MH in driveway for more than 2 nights and house is just laid out wrong. By the end of the year should be out of here. Not rushing the decision, will get there when it is time.

First is clean garage so that I can work in there again. And first project is repair shower pan for MH. Then in a couple of weeks I can get back to the LSHB ranch, orchard, and rv resort (my sister's place) to re-install the shower pan and put it all back together.

Well, need to get out in the garage while it is still under 90. All traveling, be safe. All ailing, hoping you feel better.

ronspradley

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 05:16 AM   #5451

Morning all!

74* here,gonna be another hot one.

Lynne, we are probably 6 hours from your brothers. Absolutly, please do plan to stop inand visit.

Tim, that will be a pretty drive. I sometimes go the long way just cause it is different. Glad to hear the foot is healing.

Deb and I have not made a decision yet. The orig plan was she would retire next spring and we would head to Alaska. Now, we are considering that versus leaving here after Christmas and heading to the Arizona southwest area for 3-4 months. Sorta test out the whole live in the coach for months plan.

We are going for one month coming up soon. Leaving here in a few weeks for nearly 4 weeks.

Ron, glad your garage is done. Can you come do mine?

I have a friend coming over with his 49 Plymouth this morning, a body mount is rusted, and we are going to cut it out and weld in a new one. Should keep us busy most of the day the way he described it,,,,,,, I have not yet seen the job.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:12 AM   #5452

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning. Another thunderstorm last night, not a lot of rain though, so it was not too bad. Rita and I will be making sure everything is tidied up at the park this week, we will be leaving for Ohio on Saturday.
Lloyd,
Not sure that we will stop on our way by, we won't be leaving here til around 2pm, so it might be a little late when we get up to your place. We will see what time we get up to I26, and give you a call, maybe stop for a late dinner.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:13 AM   #5453

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Beamsil,
Change of plans come too Yuma, with me and joe and Gordon and Janet his wife. Never closed the windows. that was in March til April First-ish. This year we are going beginning of Oct thru April. Hoping for same weather.
I am afraid of infection and the Great Toe had a Bone infection how I don't know. So I keep it clean, wash twice a day and keep it covered until I go to bed and then I leave it open. I've had Ultra Sounds on said foot and there is great circulation and has a good pulse thank the lord.

Lloyd
sounds like your really enjoying the MH lifestyle. Retirement is like a vacation, One you don't have to be back by a certain time.

rvpopeye ,
yes one at our table and a gal in the booth behind us finished hers. I didn't even get thru 1/4 of mine. But I had the rest tonight and I finished it off, I think it was even better tonight if that was possible.

So Gordon,
How many days are you at?
I've been thinking about coming out 80 and take a Sharpe right @ Butte Montana onto 15 South into Vegas Then 95 the rest of the way .
If I figured correctly it will be about 150-200 miles further, than the southern route. If you remember we hit Ice last year around El Paso spent a couple nights in a Flying J Being from Minnesota I have had more experience with snow than with ice.
Took the 64 for a 150 mile drive today just me and my stereo. What a drive came across these fields and had to stop to take pictures. I was safely off the road to take the pics. I trrie 3 times to upload with no luck I'll try tomorrow,

Those on the road be safe.
Tim
Good Night or morning
I got them to upload but where they went I'm not sure. I have uploaded lots of pics before I am wondering if irv2 is having a problem. We'll see if they appear. They did this guys fields are so clean looking.
Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160731_161938.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	134653   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160731_161957.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	432.6 KB
ID:	134654  

Old 08-01-2016, 10:53 AM   #5454

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
We are still in the monsoons here. Sunny during the day but late afternoon and evening it rains. Got 3/8 yesterday, sunny right now.

Tim - we have not started counting days, just counting on leaving. No firm date set yet. We will set a date once we get closer. Have to see how the garden goes as well as fall cleanup. Once we decide will not take too long to "load and leave".

Would be fun if Lynne and Jerry were in the spot next to you and Joe. We would have the patio surrounded.

Am polishing the 450 truck. Lots of area to cover. Should finish today.

Everyone have a great day.
Old 08-01-2016, 04:31 PM   #5455

Hi All!

Frank, I figure you have about a 8 hour run,,,,, without stops, assuming no hold-ups. If you leave at 2pm, will put you here between 10 and 11pm, which isn't a problem.

Depends on how tight your timeline is to make Ohio. As you know we are provbably 45 mins out of the way.

I miss spoke this morning, my friends Plymouth is a 1948, not a 49. He had 3 body mounts that rusted out. He fabricated all the peaces at his house, and I just welded it all together. Came out good. This isn't a show car, although it is nice. But not perfect. He drives it weekly.

L.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160801_073246_1470089909499_resized.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	134686   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160801_093303_1470089907941_resized.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	134687  

Name:	20160801_112509_1470089907508_resized.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	134688  
Old 08-01-2016, 04:56 PM   #5456

Nice work Lloyd clean welds!!!

Coffee was so good this morning I drank the first pot gone by 930 am and made a second pot and finnished it at 2pm .....that's the most I have drank at work....dunno what's wrong with me...lol

I have had a feeling of foreboding since Friday afternoon and I just can't shake it....hope that everyone is doing well and hope that nothing major happens that's bad ....

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 05:25 PM   #5457

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening,

Tim, would love to come that way but I need to see my brother first. Then 2019 we will be heading in the other direction. His sister in Arizona, my sister in Texas. We have a lot of those fields up here too, sure are pretty.

MK, those feeling are hard to shake and I don't like it one bit when I get them. Sure hope yours are wrong.

Lloyd, nice looking car there. It's great you can work on these things, how often does someone get to touch a car like that. Bet she sure drives and rides nice too. I sure will get ahold of you when we are going through and hopefully stop for a visit.

I keep thinking that I have just over 13 months to work and am trying to not get too excited but it sure is hard.

Frank, who is going to take care of the park with you and Rita gone? They will be lost without you two. I will plan to reserve a spot for January of 2018 in July of 2017. Probably stay from then to end of April and then head up to my brothers then. It should be warm in NC by then.

Everyone stay safe and hope you have a wonderful day. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 05:17 AM   #5458

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Hi All!

Frank, I figure you have about a 8 hour run,,,,, without stops, assuming no hold-ups. If you leave at 2pm, will put you here between 10 and 11pm, which isn't a problem.

Depends on how tight your timeline is to make Ohio. As you know we are provbably 45 mins out of the way.

I miss spoke this morning, my friends Plymouth is a 1948, not a 49. He had 3 body mounts that rusted out. He fabricated all the peaces at his house, and I just welded it all together. Came out good. This isn't a show car, although it is nice. But not perfect. He drives it weekly.

L.
Looks nice too me Lloyd, my 64 isn't perfect but @ 70-75 nobody see the imperfections...LOL
My brother just informed me he's got his eye on a 1952 Caddie all original.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:43 AM   #5459

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Lynne,
The park manager will take over when we are gone, The amount of grass being cut is greatly reduced due to the construction, and they are supposed to be starting in the original part of the park by the beginning of next week. Glad that you are planning on coming down here to stay with us, Lots of campfires, bike rides, kayaking and golf, besides the sewing and quilting, scrapbooking etc.
Lloyd,
It looks like we are going to move up our plans, and leave in the morning, so we should be there between 5 and 6. Maybe we could meet at a restaurant close to an exit? That way we can have dinner and then visit for a spell, then get back on the road. Just let me know what exit to get off. Looking forward to seeing both of you again. Oh, and I agree, nice job on the welds.
Tim,
You gotta love those old caddies, Mom had a '57 coupe deville, in fact I took my driving test in that car.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:01 AM   #5460

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Currently 74,
Coffee is tasty, leftovers again but still good.
Had a nice drive in the convert with my brother to run and get the steering cable and a new prop and a rebuild. Got them installed late last evening and took the pontoon to the public landing and put her in. She fired right off so off I went in it and she steers with a finger where as before it took everything I had to just barely turn it. He went with a little bigger prop and sure makes a difference. The kids on the lake have wake boarding and wake making boats and some nice ones on the way back across to the farm there was a kid on a wake board that was really good. he had to have gotten 20-25 feet in the air over the wake from the boat.
We thought we had it all when we were kids and got too ski on one ski. Boy hot shots. Dads boat had a 40 horse these boats have big V8s.
The one turkey is still nesting down by the lake in the tall grass last time she was off the nest there was 6 eggs. Be nice too see them hatch.
Was suppose too rain last night so I put the 64 under the aweing the roof leaks a little got 3/4 of the car under it with still enough room to get out of the MH if need be. We have a plum tree fight outside the door but not ready yet.
I think now the pontoon is functional I think I'm going to go fishing. I will bring a couple chairs to sit on the front of the Poontoon one for me one for my foot.
Gordon you can only have 1 line in the water,LOL
I can't figure out why it takes so lng to upload pictures but I waited 5 minutes with no luck.
Sure now I said this they show up.
That's about it,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160802_063644.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	134712   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160802_063856.jpg
Views:	44