Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2016, 06:22 AM   #5461

Tim It's great to be back out on the open sea.........errrrrrr lake ! That Caddy is almost as long as the MH !!!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2016, 06:24 AM   #5462
bap

goodmorning gang,,

well what a start to the day,,sitting here waiting on the coffee to brew heard the maker making weird sounds went to check and there was more coffee on the counter than in the pot,,and as much grounds in the pot than in the filter...so I sit here now eating the coffee that I should be drinking....uggg,,,,lol---

TIM,, that ole hen turkey will need 28n days to hatch her eggs..i use to raise ALOT of turkey,,

as far as rain goes we have had waay more than our share,,has rained every day for well over a week with last Thursday ALOT in a very short time,,filled up a 5 gallon bucket I had sitting out in the yard with no run off help,,,

anyone out on route 60 this weekend watch yourself the big route 60 yard sale will be going on,,,alot of crazies out there then..

have aa goodern,,
jeff
Old 08-02-2016, 06:58 AM   #5463

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Tim It's great to be back out on the open sea.........errrrrrr lake ! That Caddy is almost as long as the MH !!!!!
Yep almost, the caddie is 21'6 and the MH is 30 ft. I wish the MH road as nice as the caddie does.

bap thanks, I didn't know that, brother lost a couple in the barn fire last fall, so now they have run of the farm. The are a hoot (or GobbleGobble) to watch. Any sound made and the 2 big Toms gobble its pretty funny. They sure like taking dirt baths, everyday they are seen flapping in the dirt somewhere. What happened to the coffee maker this AM? forget to place pot under the brewer?
Frank I took my test in moms 65 Buick LeSabre. I'd Love to have a 57 Deville convert. A couple guys in the car club have 57's but hardtops,
We really need the rain here, it just pored yesterday but got to about 1/4 mile from us and took a Sharpe left and missed us except for a few sprinkles, I was actually detailing the 64 under the aweing.

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:02 AM   #5464

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning everyone;
Grand day here today. Going for a picnic tonight at a local park with some friends. Have not picnic'd for years.

Finished the 450 yesterday. Today is pack up and store all of the polishing equipment and tools. It will be a couple years before I have to do it again. Longer I hope.

Have a great time fishing Tim. Great to hear the repairs on the pontoon went so well. Caddie looking good. Are you bringing it down for the winter?

Frank - drive safe.

Missed the rain last night so today will be a working outside day after the tools are put away.

Have a great day.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:44 PM   #5465

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Tim, Mom's was a coupe and you are right, a '57 covert would be a great ride.
Gordon,
Nice on all the wax jobs. They look great.
Bap,
Hope that you get the coffee pot straightened up so you have a good cup of coffee.
Have a great evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:25 PM   #5466

Goodafternoon all y’all!!!

I’m still having trouble with my photo hosting service. I may have to get another.

Late this morning I arrived at my new home, the Pinion Hills RV Park in famous Capitan NM. “Famous? Whatthehell is it famous for?” Well… Capitan is the home of the late Smokey the Bear, that’s whatthehell it’s famous for. Seriously, I know sooner got here and a thunderstorm hit, but after the thunderstorm I looked out the window and two deer were looking back at me. I looked down just as a chicken walked through my front yard. Pinion Hills is an older park, a little dumpy, but lots of space between sites and scattered trees in between. Y’all can have your “resorts” this is my kind of park.

I’m pleased to say my home on wheels made the trip with panache, its mighty 460 V8 conquering each and every grade I came to, YEEEHAAA!

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:41 PM   #5467

Winnebago Owners Club
Steve - sounds like fresh eggs for breakfast tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:09 PM   #5468

And a side of back strap too....lol

Sounds like my kinda place too!!!

Coffee was good today...bone marrow aspiration went well should have results later this week but next time I go in it will be for a week for a "booster" round...oh what fun...lol...but at least I know what to expect...

See ya'll on the flip side....be safe and enjoy life

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:38 AM   #5469

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee was good today!
We went to our other house yesterday, and got the Everest washed and waxed! Then we visited Jira's old boss at her new house in the country! Very nice place surrounded by rice fields! She has three houses in the compound, two for her sisters and dad that has to have constant care because he is bedridden!
Mk, glad everything is going great for you!
Steve, that will be much cooler up there, and yes, a older park, but much nicer, my opinion too! I used to truck through the Hondo Valley all the time, before the 4 lane, and love it there!
Tim, have fun on the lake, and caddie looking good!
Bap, what happened to the coffee maker?
Everyone have a great day! Rail!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1470206279990.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	134802   Click image for larger version

Name:	1470206298064.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	134803  

Name:	1470206313033.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	134804  
Old 08-03-2016, 05:17 AM   #5470

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning.
MK,
WE hope that your test results are good.
Rail,
What a beautiful place.
Steve,
Sounds like you found a wonderful new home.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:56 AM   #5471

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Haven't had coffee yet but heading there soon. More cleaning around the house today. Four season's room and flower bed weeding. It's presently 74 and heading to 90 so better get started before the heat makes me stop.

I like the older more rustic CG's too. That one really big one we went to was just to busy for us. We went to one in Pentwater and saw deer each night come through. Black squirrels and lots of birds. It was lovely.

Have someone from the Forum stopping to visit next week. Love it when this happens. Larry and Prissy will be coming through MI sight seeing and we are going to get together. Good times.

See you all later, have a great day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:13 AM   #5472
bap

goodmorning everyone..

TIM,, was right,,,i think I misplaced the pot and let it run out over the counter..ooooops,,lol

RAIL,,always love to see your pics over there,,absolutely awesome..

STEVE,,Scoot over a little I'm coming over,,sounds like our kinda place...

LYNNE,,thats great,,have a great time meeting new friends,,,and stay hydrated out in the heat,,,

MK,,, prayers for great results..

well gotta get busy,,,we had 4 inches of snow last night gotta get the focus shoveled out..
....bap out..
Old 08-03-2016, 06:48 AM   #5473

Goodmorning all y’all!!!

I just finished my morning coffee, Peet’s Coffee, Major Dickason’s Blend, YUM! I had a great nights sleep, but what made my night was when I awoke at 3pm (nature call) I looked out the window and it was pitch dark, no exterior street lighting at all. I immediately went outside and overhead was the Milky Way! WOOOHOOO! With all the damned light pollution these days people don’t realize what they’re missing in the night sky.

Today I simply have to thoroughly clean my squalor-wagon-on-wheels. It’s gotten so bad that even I can’t stand it! However, it’s only supposed to reach 75 degrees today so that’ll help activate me. Mainly, I need to vacuum, dust and generally tidy up, I’m pretty good about keeping the kitchen and bathroom clean, living in Houston, the cockroach capital of Texas taught me that. If it continues to be cool I may even buff and wax my RV’s exterior. When I was visiting Alaska I picked up a power rotary buffer for $10 at a yard sale, I guess it’s getting time to use it.

It’s soooo nice awakening to really cool temps!

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:49 AM   #5474

Morning all!

Went to visit the grand daughter at her college yesterday (first year). Really nice place, she is trying her best to adjust. She has a soccer scholarship, so started 3 weeks sooner than other students to start practice.

Frank, how does Cracker Barrel sound? Exit 79?

Had issues with the water heater in the coach on last trip. Turn it on gas it lights for 1 sec, then goes out. Repeats 3 times then gets a error light. Turn it on and off again and it lights and works fine. Either dirty or the circuit board. Gonna work on it this morning.

New surge protector should be here today.

Rail, nice place!!! Again your pictures keep surpising me.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160802_124459_1470228286470_resized.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	303.6 KB
ID:	134807   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160802_124418_1470228288810_resized.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	393.6 KB
ID:	134808  

Name:	20160802_124530_1470228292678_resized.jpg