Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2016, 06:57 AM   #5489

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
currently 73 and rain
Coffee is good
Boy we need it too, my yard is parched.
The Doc visit yesterday went very well yesterday got the rest of the stiches out and don't need to go back for 3 weeks. He taped the area that he took the stiches out, A Butterfly type deal. Leave the tape on till it falls off.
Really looking good.
Made it back in time for the Food fest. We paid a price and then walk around to many different vendors to sample there foods.
IT sure was hot and Muggy.
Well I had to put the aweing up around 2 am as strong winds picked up. The caddie got wet. But no hail.

Went out fishing yesterday morning for a couple hours with no bites. The boat over next too me no more put there anchor down and the wife was pulling some pan fish up. I'm going to cheat and dig out my brothers fish finder and see if that helps with catching something. The Pontoon is running great. We're going to have Chinese and a ride around the lake Friday night.

bab
best of luck at the doc's today, I had it done 20-25 years ago and have been very lucky, no problems with the neck since.
I call it Zipper neck.LOL
Its getting so dark again that I need to turn on a light in the MH, I'm hoping no hail.
That's about it from here at the Farm,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim

Its raining so hard and is so windy that I can't see across the lake. YIKES
Prayers going out to those needing them including us a flowering crab tree blew down 20 feet from the MH, lots of branches down all around us the MH is a rocking and a rolling.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2016, 07:01 AM   #5490

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

I had a great nights sleep, it’s so nice sleeping under a blanket for a change and not having to have a fan blow on me all night. My morning coffee was excellent as usual and today I’m going to explore the nearby town of Capitan. There’s a huge junk store there, maybe I can finally find a large Melitta coffee filter holder. With a local altitude of 6,400’ the boiling point of water is 200 degrees, perfect for brewing coffee in boiling water on a stove top.

It’s a shame that you work hard all your life and about the time you retire your body starts to give out. It seems a lot of us are having health issues worked on lately. My hope is for good outcomes for all of you having health issues corrected.

In about a week I turn 69, oh joy!

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:26 AM   #5491

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Hope everyone has a great day. I will be thinking of you. Grand Daughter called yesterday and asked if she could come over and work. Now the stuff is going to hit the fan. Actually the chainsaw will meet the tree or two or three. Going to clean up a stand of laurel leaf willow that are starting to fall. Trunks about 12 - 14" so some serious wood going to have to be cleaned up. She gets paid, me not so much. LOL She paints her nails to come over but does not complain about getting her hands dirty. My girl!!!

Sorry about the lack of fish Tim. Being out on the boat would be great fish or no fish. Better luck today.

Steve - do not be disheartened. Doing some historical information it seems like in the really early 1900 the average age was 47. Based on that we are in bonus time. The fact that we can still get out of bed without assistance is wonderful, the fact we do not need assistance to live is even better. Enjoy what we have full tilt "If you are not living life on the edge you are taking up too much space!" LOL

Hope everyone has a grand day.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:30 AM   #5492

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Fyi ,
We made it okay, One of the plum trees went down on the other side of the MH. top on pontoon is hanging in the lake.
Power is back on. It really pays to have everything up too par Gennie fired right off,

bab
on the subject of the turkeys there is another hen looking in the grasses that were 5-6 feet tall and are now flat on the ground and she can't find her nest. She's been walking up and down looking. She is heading back to the area again, walked into the grass and is stretching her neck around looking I really feel bad for her. Its not a small area to look thru either.
The grasses before are on the left Pic and again about the same distance back towards MH. The pic on right is now. I can't stand it I'm going too see if I can find it. Just hope I don't step on it.
Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160627_192235.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	508.0 KB
ID:	134881   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160804_100103.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	134882  

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:38 PM   #5493

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon Gang,
Rita was mowing up front this morning and not more than 25 yards away in the farmers field next door was a deer and 2 fawns playing, the mama kept an eye out but they weren't concerned about the mower.
Lloyd,
Could you please PM me your cell number, I had it, but I can't seem to find it. I have your address, but not cell number.
Bap,
I was wondering, thinking that maybe you went off the deep end on us, lol.
Tim,
Great news on the foot, glad that things are doing better.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 03:57 PM   #5494

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Afternoon,

Went out around 8am and got to work. Went to breakfast and picked up some more stones and wood chips. Back here and got a lot more done. Wow, looks much better but still more to do. Came in around 1pm (hot outside) and showered and took a nap.

Bap, I had my neck done and it has been so much better. The problem you run into is the same as Tim. Being very active, it's hard to follow orders when you feel better but is SO important. You can really screw up spinal surgery by not following orders.

Did you find the turkey nest? Poor momma, she was really worried. Frank, sounds like my kind of place with deer around. Love watching nature.

Back to w--k tomorrow through to Tuesday. County Fair this weekend and working a station when not working at w--k. Going to be busy.

Have a great day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:35 AM   #5495

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, I finaly bought a nice coffee grinder and a French press's, and made my first cup! It's OK, but, could be better! Now the search for the perfect beans! Rail!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1470386123899.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	134952  
Old 08-05-2016, 03:19 AM   #5496

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
i was sitting here waking up drinking my first cup of coffee and just realized i always come here to wake up...lol

so goodmorning everyone...lol
Hahahaha I'm getting to be the very same way! i think it's called...an obsession! A GOOD one!!
burghgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:23 AM   #5497

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
No coffee yet but I can see the lunar eclipse from the 5:15 train to Los Angeles. (still got years more work to go...)

So Goooood Morninnng Everybody!
just think how prepared you're gonna be, when ya get there though! I feel your pain...we've been waaaaiting for retirement...like crawlin on your belly through busted glass...for many many years, and NOW, it's 19 months away. HOPPPPEFULLY!!! All the best!
burghgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:30 AM   #5498

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Busy day today, trying to get everything ready for us to leave.
Burghgrl,
Welcome to the group, you will find a bunch of wonderful people come here almost everyday. Just join in, we are happy that you joined in.
Lynne,
A lot of wildlife around, cows come right up to your back window if you are parked along the farmers pasture, deer are in there all year. We have a couple types of ducks that come right up to you, a couple of sand cranes, hawks, even an eagle. Of course there are water moccasins, an occasional rattler and black snake and even some good size king snakes. This is just a few of the things that are here, we feed the ducks every morning(cracked corn), a bird bath and feeder is right out our back window. A couple of whistling ducks have a dozen little ones, you see them herding the little ones in the water, sooo cute.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:41 AM   #5499

Made a mix of Hazelnut and cafe mocha this morning and it is pretty good very tasty....

Welcome Burghgrl always great to have new people just chime in whenever you can....

Rail I am not quite to that point of grinding my beans fresh every day....heck I still have about a hundred bags of coffee that me and the misses found on clearance over the past few years it seems they get in the cabinet and multiply....lol

Hope all is well for those still healing I pray for you all and give thanks everytime I read your post knowing you all are doing better...

Be safe and enjoy life

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:12 AM   #5500

Winnebago Owners Club
Rail, you can get locally grown beans in Thailand. We in the U.S have to import except for HI. I am a coffee fanatic and order freshly roasted beans each week out of Milwaukee to ship to Dallas. Enjoy, it is one of the few pleasures in life that you can enjoy each morning.
H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:20 AM   #5501
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good morning, all!

Had some nasty weather here yesterday afternoon. Just a few miles from our house there was some damage from a small possible tornado or two. One flipped an 18-wheeler on its side. It landed across 4 lanes of the local highway and the wide grass median. So, both east and west bound lanes were all blocked. A perfect landing at 90 degrees to the roadway. The rig also crushed a car. Fortunately, no injuries reported. Some trees down, including some in a house roof. We just had very heavy rain for about an hour. Then, everything cleared up and our temporary lake (driveway) drained down into the sandy soil.

Frank, Have a safe and good trip.

Everyone: Have a great day! I've got work to do!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:43 AM   #5502

Morning all!

75* here, we got some rain last night. Not a ton, but everything is wet. Needed it pretty bad.

I'm a tea drinker,,,, never could do coffee. I do like the smell of it,,,, but not the taste. I have a large cup of tea every morning.

CWK, glad the weather missed you. Some of that has gone on around here, a few towns away they got 7" of rain in a day, nothing here that day.

Frank, didn't realize you were so far in the country,,,, that all sounds nice EXCEPT FOR THE SNAKES

See you Saturday night Frank!

I am making steady progress on the preparations for our trip west. I have my big enclosed trailer in the shop, repainted the trim around the rear ramp door. Deb helped me re setup the torsion door. That was a job!!! Those springs are killer.

Yesterday afternoon I repainted the hitch. This morning need to reassemble all of that.

Still have to do wheel bearings and check the brakes. The tires are 3 years old, trying to decide if I should replace before we go. Afraid of the heat.

L.