Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:07 AM   #5517

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wow it is morning,
I had a busy Saturday, got up wiped the dew off the 64 , fed and water the horses. Took off to the S&B's to do some laundry and then get ready for Joe's brothers wedding. suppose to be there @ 3 wedding at 4 we got there at 3:45 . It really didn't start until 5 it was in the back yard of his house very well done, catered sit down dinner, Pulled pork, melon salad, Noodle salad and a green salad. all was very good. One strange thing is people starting eating before the groom and bride got there plates filled. Is that something new? Last wedding I went to was my nephew and they started the dinner first, that was about 5 years ago. I guess things change.
So after we ate There wasn't much for me too do I really don't know the people they grew up with so I heard rumor that there might be a car show at a town about 15 minutes away so I asked and Joe he said go ahead so I did and there was so I had a great evening and Joe got to visit with everyone.

Really great news yesterday, those that follow this thread I said that I wanted to sell the S&B's and go fulltime, and I mentioned it to my brother and he was interested in selling. He could replace his barn that burnt down last fall and I could find a nice 40 foot DP too upgrade from the 82 PA. Well the father whos son bought the house 2 doors down stopped by and told me that his other son wants my house no matter when I want to sell, I said it won't be long, that we are thinking about selling. I've wanted to do this for 6 years and it may happen sooner that later.
My brother said that he is willing to put in 30 amp service,(will need 50 amp if I get a DP) and I asked about a cement slab he said sure you can put it in. We would stay at the farm for a couple months in the summer, and then Joes dad say's we are always welcomed up there. So it might all work out in the end. I'm so stoked

The wedding was Hawaii themed since they are Hawaiian first pic is wedding, car show , Sunset drive home. I almost forgot the Dinner cruise with Chinese was very good Friday night.

beamsil,
She didn't find her nest I even spend maybe 15 minutes looking too but that grass is so thick. Now the other Turkey found hers.
Sorry no coffee is good, Pop is tasty.
I'm going to go fishing in a few hours and I like to get at least 4 hours sleep. I'm going to try worms and grubs and see if I have any better luck.
The last pic is a Know what's the round thing that's attached to the window? I do
That's about it from the farm,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160806_165916.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	333.9 KB
ID:	135147   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160806_195407.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	249.9 KB
ID:	135148  

Name:	20160806_195629.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	135149   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160806_204542.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	135150  

Name:	20160806_200221.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	135151  

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2016, 01:18 AM   #5518

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Tim, it's a old school A/C!! Sounds like things are falling into place for you!
We are at our other house today, and I am waiting on the barber that is at lunch to opener back up!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!!

Old 08-07-2016, 05:31 AM   #5519

Morning everyone! Sounds like everyone's doing well where they are. Lloyd, yes...we'd stay through the winter-or at least that's the plan, right NOW anyway eh? As the saying goes...Man plans, God laughs! We'll see what the big guy has in store!! We've not gotten into much fixing, or repairing of the Snoozy as of yet, but my husband's a real capable all around handy guy, so I'm sure what ever comes up, we'll figure out. Boy, Arizona sure is a hot spot for winter snowbirding isnt it?! I lived in Sedona for a couple years...the allergies to the ever present JUNIPER drove me out big time. Terrible..but fortunately, when snowbirding, you're not there long enough for allergies to really kick in...so yayyy! Enjoy Geocritter...it's beautiful indeed!!Gosh, your friend's "accident" sounds just AWFUL. Poor guy!! Hope so much that he recovers fully & that the taste & smell arent affected for too long. What a scary thing! Hey Franka548...yes, Brookville's not too terribly far from us. Hope you enjoy the whole trip, while you're here. We figure on at least 12 more weeks of heat..8 of it, intense. No hurricane's so far yet, which is wild...we're pretty overdue~. Have a nice Sunday everyone!
Old 08-07-2016, 05:38 AM   #5520

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Now the coffee is good,
Yea rail I read about them a few years ago and was trying to explain to a guy at the car show but I don't think he believed me. That is the first time I actually saw one and it looked brand new.
Joe and I cut each others hair saves us almost $ 40 bucks a cut. What does a haircut cost over there?
All most time too go fishing. I almost forgot I have too dig up some worms, and find some grubs.
Tim
Old 08-07-2016, 07:01 AM   #5521

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening, everyone!
Burghgrl, welcome, glad you joined us!
Tim, I just got a haircut today! 60 baht, =, 1.70 dls comes with a shave and a massage! Well, a neck and shoulder one! You see a lot of those old A/C's out west at the car shows! I am going to have to come visit you guy's in the winter some time, and take you across the border, and show you around! Time for me to get some new glasses, and say HI, to all my old friends in Algodones!
Lloyd, look what I saw out running around today!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1470571182025.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	135156  
Old 08-07-2016, 07:15 AM   #5522

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, weather is cooler highs in the low 80's and rain, rain, and more rain. Flood watch till Tuesday morning. We are OK were we are, but some of the surounding areas might have problems.
Tim,
Best of luck on selling the S&B and finding a replacement for your PA. Hope that you find a good one like Rail and Jay did. Great pics.
Rail,
I missed commenting on your new coffee grinder, that thing looks COOL!!!!! You will be able to drink even more coffee now, lol.
Burghgrl,
I don't know about spending winter up in Latrobe in an RV. I've had enough cold and snow in my lifetime. We are fortunate enough to be able to fulltime in our 5er, so we can move if we don't like where we are, or want to see something new.
Lloyd,
Glad that you got the circuit board for your WH replaced and everything is good to go.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:50 AM   #5523

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

I just finished my morning coffee, as usual it was delicious. The sun’s coming up, to clear skies. Yesterday’s trip to the Roswell gunshow was, for my purposes, a bust. My weakness is antique SXS’s and there were only two in the entire show, an overpriced poor condition Belgium muzzle loader and a messed with hardware store gun/farm implement. I wasn’t interested in either gun, though if the muzzle loader had British proof marks I might have considered it. On the way back to Capitan I looped through Ruidoso. Note to self, stay away from Ruidoso on weekends! The town was overwhelmed with Texans fleeing the summer heat into Ruidoso’s higher elevation. Not only that but a fast moving thunderstorm laced with hail forced me into a parking lot while I waited for the storm to subside. Believe it or not, while it was pouring rain and hail about 7-8 guys rode by on motorcycles.

Burghgurl, about your juniper allergy. I too have been afflicted by allergies for most of my life. About two years ago I skeptically tried what I had considered to be a “new age” BS remedy and it actually appears to work! I went out to the farmers market and purchased local unfiltered, unpasteurized honey and began putting it on my morning cereal every day. Believe it or not my allergies have almost completely cleared up! Now the only time I have allergy problems is when a strong frontal system carries in pollen from far away areas.

Wow Rail, a restored 1950’s vintage Royal Enfield, you don’t see those every day. I wonder if that’s the RE engine that has two separate crankshafts located side by side and connected to each other by enormous flywheel-sized gears. I noticed it says US Army on the oil tank… Hmmm, I thought Royal Enfield’s were British… those crazy Thai’s!

I hope all y’all have a good day! After it warms up I’m heading out on my motorcycle for some two wheeled exploring!

Steve
Old 08-07-2016, 08:34 AM   #5524

Morning all!

Rail, nice Enfield!!! They still make them, a buddy of mine has 3 of them. He even took one and made it into a café bike. Came out pretty cool, but not easily ridden! Reversed controls, iffy brakes, etc..

Burghgrl,,,, I am done with winter. Moved here from N.Y. 23 years ago. Now that we are retiring we are planning to spend a good chunk of winter in a warmer climate. We have family here (son, daughter, and grand children) therefore we plan to head south after Christmas.

We are favoring the south west. We like it there, so much to see and do for us. We are not golfers or big beach people. I have allergies also,,,,, hayfever here localy,,,,, not sure what will happen in a Arizona spring?

I think I know,,,, the cost of travel west, is offset by lower RV park fee's. Florida has a RV site shortage.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 04:05 PM   #5525

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning/Afternoon everyone.
My guess at the thing on the side of the car is JATO rocket. Used to propel the driver and occupants onto the Darwin Awards list. Am I close? LOL See a couple on the Barrett Jackson car auctions. They seem to gravitate to those during the special car features on the tv show.

Went for a great ride this morning. Bike really loved getting out there. Ran like a champ.

Going to rain here shortly so time for a nap.

Have a great day.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:15 AM   #5526

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning, God Morning,
Currently 68rail that would be great. Gordon was
Old 08-08-2016, 06:41 AM   #5527

Good morning!

Dentist appointment this morning to have the ole chompers cleaned. Hope they don't find anything!!!!

Once back, another day of trailer prep. Of course I polished and waxed the coach weeks ago,,,,,,,, soooooooo,,,, yep, now doing the same on the enclosed trailer.

Lots of rain last night around 6pm,,, pretty big storm came through.

Gotta run!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:07 AM   #5528

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, weather, more rain. So not much going on here. Have to get a few things from the hardware store later this afternoon, then repair the cutoff saw in the shop, other than that not much else.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:16 AM   #5529

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Morning, God Morning,
Currently 68rail that would be great. Gordon was
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well it was 2 am lol
Fresh pot of coffee,
Rail, that would be nice to meet you and the wife and of course Mona. Gordon was going to show us the ropes (sodaspeak) last season but our passports had expired. Hopeing we still have time to get them re-issued.
Gordon glad you got to ride the bike just please be careful, just remember the other guy. I would hate to see what happened to my brother have happen to you.
The one turkey is sitting on the nest 24/7 she must of figured out that she has to sit on them. Not holding my breath that they will hatch. Its been a couple of weeks since I found the nest and bap said 28 days so we will see.
Talked to my brother last night at dinner about the S&B and he said to go ahead and sell. I'm stoked.
I/we have about 60 years of stuff accumulated even stuff from the parents. All the old records they had from a time gone Bye
( my favorite) Herb Albert.

How did you do it.? I don't want to do a estate sale the neighbor gal had one when she sold and the Company doing the sale took more stuff than they sold. Garage sales ,flee market?
Got skunked again fishing but it was so nice and peaceful being out on the lake.
Had another bonfire last night it was nice.
That's about it from the farm,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
Old 08-08-2016, 08:06 AM   #5530
cwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
How did you do it.? I don't want to do a estate sale the neighbor gal had one when she sold and the Company doing the sale took more stuff than they sold.
Tim,

You might want to rethink the estate sale. The devil is in the details of how they operate. Here is my personal experience.

We had an estate sale for my parents' place (out of state). The auctioneer took absolutely NOTHING. Everything was sold. He got a percentage. We got a check for the rest. We held it at the house in the backyard. We put the house on the market the following week, and it sold shortly thereafter.

What did help was that, after my Dad passed, Mom "cleaned house" and took lots of stuff "to the mini-dump" in the township. So, basically everything was sale-able. when Mom passed on (I am the only child), my wife and I selected what we wanted and found a good auctioneer. This guy actually has a "following" of folks that attend his auctions.

To sell odd stuff, when something might not have been attractive on its own, the auctioneer combined it with something else and sold it as a "lot" meaning that the buyer had to buy both items to get what they wanted. That way everything left.

The entire event lasted one day. His crew carried everything out of the house. He stood on the back steps, they brought items to him, people bid, his crew recorded everything and collected the cash, and they cleaned up at the end of the day.

Again, the auctioneer took NOTHING for himself other than his percentage of the sales. He was not a company that would take stuff and resell it somewhere else. Everything was cash and carry on the spot.

We had talked with other companies that would buy everything so they could resell it somewhere else. We did not use them. We felt we would get a better financial deal by letting the actual buyers set the selling price and we paid a percentage fee. We were very pleased.

cwk is offline   Reply With Quote