Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2016, 08:05 AM   #5531

Good to go, no cavities!!!

Tim, I agree with CWK, it all depends on the auctioneer. Get a good honest one and your experience will be good and honest. Get references,,, and check them.

Congrats on proceeding with the sale! How quickly will you move on this? In the spring? Or now before you head south for the winter?

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2016, 10:19 AM   #5532

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
By

Good morning gang. Enjoying my first day in weeks that I didn't have to go to work. Although Maggie needs some attention since I used her as a home away from home this week on this major remodeling project. Shortened by daily driving by as much as 2 hrs.

Just have a few minor details to button up on the project on Wednesday and it's complete.

Taking a week off I want to spend a few days down at Ocean Shores I am so looking forward to the break.

New project begins the following week. Mother in law unit down to the studs and a complete redo. Will take about 5 weeks. There is a spot there to park Maggie so will be on site during the week and go home on weekends. No more 16/7 work schedule. Just about killed myself doing it.

Doing these remodeling projects is raising a lot of money for Liberty Farms and folks are getting work done they otherwise could not afford and getting a tax write off too. But I do have to say I wish the normal fundraising process were taking in more donations so I could focus on the vital veterans project. But we use the skills we have and do what we can.

Tim. Brother that foot is a mess I know everybody's already told you this but follow the doctor's advice before you lose your whole damn leg. I hope you find good health soon brother.

That's about it for now. Will try and add a few pix from the renno.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160803_111418.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	135305   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160803_105705.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	135306  

Name:	1470673064537.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	135307   Click image for larger version

Name:	1470673082657.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	135308  

Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:25 AM   #5533

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!
I got lucky this morning during my morning coffee. No it’s not what y’all are thinking, not THAT kind of lucky. Something even better! As I was sitting enjoying my morning coffee and peering out my window I noticed a neighbor was leaving, not only that but he’s been parked in one of the best spots in the park.

This is my new view! This is the view where I see the elk grazing during the evening, only now I can see them out my side window .

Life is good!

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:20 AM   #5534
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geocritter View Post
This is my new view!
Wow! That is gorgeous.

All that wonderful-looking green grass. And, you don't even have to mow it!
cwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:38 PM   #5535

Nice Steve! Looks great!

L.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:13 PM   #5536

Tim
Who cares if the fish stay in the lake , being out there is the real prize!
Old 08-09-2016, 01:00 AM   #5537

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
An Early Good Morning Gang,
Couldn't sleep, it is raining and got woke up after about an hours sleep and now I'm wide awake, GEEEZ!!!!!!
Well got the new cord on the chop saw this afternoon, and it works like a charm, that was about it for the workamping today, not much to do with all the rain and the way the construction crews have everything torn up. Luckily with all the rain we have been getting, it stops long enough to let the ground absorb some of the water before it rains some more, or we would really be flooded.
Jay,
Nice job Bro, you do really good work. Don't kill yourself on these projects, you won't do anyone any good if you aren't around because you worked yourself into the ground.
Steve,
Beautiful view out your window.
Catch you all later,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:09 AM   #5538

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Tim, I hired a local auction co. to come in, and have a typical mid-west auction! They provided the "hay wagons" and we put everything on them, and the good household item's and antique's stayed in the pole barn, in case of rain! They took a % of the total sale, and cut me a check at the end of it! Almost everything left, but some things didn't, and we had a roll off dumpster, and just chucked it all into that the day after the sale!
I gave my family and friends a chance at anything before the sale, and sold quite a few things before hand! The antique's that did not bring enough money at the sale, went to a resale shop just down the road, and I paid them a % of what they did bring when they sold! I did put a reserve on a bunch of things, and good thing I did, because, the day of the sale, not too many people showed up? So a lot of stuff sold very cheap, but the good stuff I had reserve's , so, most sold after the sale, in deals I made personally! The thing is advertising everything very well before hand, and give your family their choice before making up the ad's!
If you don't know the auction co's, you should google them, and read the reviews! Big help in picking the right one! I knew my auction co., very well, and he has a very good reputation and a good following! I just picked the wrong time of the year, as the harvest had just started, so it cut down on a lot of the people that would have normally been there! Good luck! Have any more questions, just ask, or PM me!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 08-09-2016, 01:49 AM   #5539
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good morning, all.

Frank, Your keyboard typing must have woken me up! Hey! It's the middle of the night. Went to bed early so I could get an early start in the AM. Today's travels include Kissimmee and Melrose, then back home in NE FL. Round trip of about 425 miles. Relatively easy day with the mini-van.

We have been getting some rain late in the day or evening. But, not the heavy stuff you have seen. Today may be different with more rain forecast.

Everyone, have a safe, fun day!
cwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:44 AM   #5540

Morning all!

Franke and CWK got the head start today. I slept till 6:40,,,, which is good compared to when I used to work,,,,, not so good based on my retirement sleep pattern.

More trailer prep today. Wax is almost done. Have a door hinge to fix. Needed a special socket to remove it. (they used the kind that is a torque, but has a small pin in the middle for security) My son had a set so I borrowed his. The steel hinge and the aluminuim skin reacted and I have to fab a plate to fix the damage and stop water from getting in and making the whole thing worse. Well, that's todays project.

Deb has been real busy lately canning. She went to the local farm store and bought tomatoes, cukes, green beans, and squash. We now have 20 jars of green beans,,,, I think she said 12 jars of bread and butter pickles (she has more cukes gonna make some dills), and today she plans to make a hige pot of tomatoe sauce. All this is making me hungry!!!! How about you?

Jay, that work looks great. Enjoy the well deserved rest.

L.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:42 AM   #5541
bap

goodmorning my friends,,

haven't been on in awhile,,,been busy getting things don bfore surgery..this Friday pre.op then next Friday the surgery,,,i swear I would almost put it off until after summer,,,
I need to scroll back a few pages and get cought up with everyone,,,sure hope all are well..
Old 08-09-2016, 06:54 AM   #5542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
More trailer prep today. Wax is almost done. Have a door hinge to fix. Needed a special socket to remove it. (they used the kind that is a torque, but has a small pin in the middle for security) My son had a set so I borrowed his. The steel hinge and the aluminuim skin reacted and I have to fab a plate to fix the damage and stop water from getting in and making the whole thing worse. Well, that's todays project.
Lloyd, after restoring a 1950's vintage Lone Star aluminum cabin cruiser and putting it in salt water I learned a lot about electrolysis, all the hard way. Mild steel and brass both have very different electrovalence's than aluminum has. A brass bailer that a former owner put in the hull caused aluminum corrosion for about 6" around it. After removing it I had to repair the hull with a large aluminum plate. Mild steel fasteners and fixtures all had to be replaced or heavily painted due to severe rusting almost the moment my boat hit saltwater. Fortunately, aluminum and stainless steel have similar electrovalence's so by changing all my fasteners to SS and my fixtures (rope cleats etc) to SS I finally solved my corrosion problems.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:59 PM   #5543

Hi Steve!

That must have been a fun project. This is the "people" door on the side of our enclosed car trailer. The hinges are steel, the door is plywood with a alum skin on the outside,,,, but on the inside bottor they installed a alum kickplate. The bottom hinge with the alum kickplate inside had the electrolisys problem. The top hinge with no alum to steel contact, looked like new.

See pics. I had some stainless around, fabricated a plate to cover the damaged area, and no kickplate inside now!!!!

L.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160809_094614.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	135455   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160809_100642.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	135456  

Name:	20160809_154646.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	135457  
Old 08-10-2016, 05:57 AM   #5544

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Bap,
Thoughts and prayers to you for a speedy and complete recovery on your upcoming surgery.
Lloyd,
Nice job. As of right now, it looks like we will see you Saturday evening
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote