Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:17 AM   #5559

Morning all!

Jeff, good luck with the surgery. Prayers your way.

MK, I often do the same, indirectly volunteer myself for projects. LOL Some day I will learn.

Jeff, those upgrades sound nice. We are thinking about outside entertainment for ours as an upgrade this winter. It has a small TV outside now, but I enjoy music and there is no provision. I might go just as simple as adding outside speakers off the dash stereo.

Rail,,,, your son will have Mona tip top shape when you return. Like having your own pit crew. Of all of us you have the best process. Sorta like a rock star, show up and jump in the coach!!!!

Have a great day all!

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2016, 06:45 AM   #5560

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, rain, rain, and more rain. The pond rose between 5 and 6 ft yesterday alone.
Lynne,
We are leaving the cat, and someone will come in and feed her and clean the litter.
Jay,
Sounds like you have your work cut out for yourself. Sounds like some fun projects.
Have a great day all,
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:49 AM   #5561

Hey ron not sure if it will be this weekend or next....if it would be a day trip or a weekend.....but will definitely honk when I am in the area. .....lol

I guess it's like trickle down economics....one thing leads to another and another and another and another.......and so on and so on and so on and so on.....like a broken record....lol
Old 08-11-2016, 07:50 AM   #5562

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Currently 70 and its been raining non stop since last night @ around 10:30 I said we needed it but we got a little more. between 2-4 inches and its still raining.
Unfortunately we are back at the S&B: nonono: It was a great time almost 3 months at the farm and 4 months in AZ I'm almost a full-timer. I do have too start going thru stuff and get ready for a Garage sale
Coffee is from yesterday but a little micro and it's a go. The foot is doing very well.
Thanks to all that offered advise on cleaning out the S&B
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:56 AM   #5563

Goooodmorning all yíall!!!

Iím having a nice cool cloudy morning and as usual my coffee is great! The weather here in Capitanís been Ö interesting. Itís been nice and cool, upper 50ís at night, upper 60ís mornings and low to mid-70ís in the afternoons. I like to ride my motorcycle when itís in the 70ís, however it rains nearly every afternoon L. I canít believe Iíve become such a fragile flower and weather wimp.

This weekend should be fun. On Saturday thereís going to be a Corvette/classic car show in Ruidoso (I hope it doesnít rainÖ LOL) and some friends with vintage Corvettes are driving over from Sierra Vista to enjoy the show and Ruidoso.

Ruidosoís an interesting place. During the week itís this quiet little mountain town, then starting Friday itĎs swarmed with Texans escaping the lower elevation heat. Iíve never seen so many Texas license plates outside of Texas. Iím glad I chose to stay in Capitan, itís much more laid back and if I want to enjoy Ruidoso I can do it on a weekday when itís much less frantic.

So thatís it, lazy days here. I picked up some trail maps at the local Forest Service office and I need to get some hiking in before this rolling stone starts gathering moss.

Steve
Old 08-11-2016, 08:48 AM   #5564

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning Everyone;
Sounds like things are going well for all. Best to Jeff for a successful surgery. Glad Tim is healing well.

Rained last night. Most interesting as we had the bedroom window open so we could hear the rain on the roof. While it was raining the moon was shining brightly so our bedroom was awash with light.

Back out to cut more trees today. Grand daughter is out traveling with her dad so I am on my own.

Have a grand day. Drive safe if you are traveling.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:38 PM   #5565

bap (El Zippo)
Don't forget to mark your neck with a sharpie so the doc doesn't fix your butt by mistake !

Tim
Glad the foot has decided to behave.
Has it taken you for any long walks (or rides in the GC) to look for it's big toe yet????

Steve
When it rains I go out in it...not often with moonlight like Gordon had. (Wish I had been there !)
Listen to the song Rain by the Beatles.
Of course I do have some nice Columbia rain gear and Goretex lined boots.

Lloyd
If you have a smart phone or a computer with bluetooth . You can get speakers that will link with it. Put it anywhere and enjoy , no wiring required. I just got a nice little JBL that sounds awesome and loud too ( That's saying a lot for someone that spent their life working with some of the biggest stereos you can imagine !) Waterproof too , so I can take it with me in the rain..............

OH , and I've shown up and just jumped in the coach (well bus) lots of times ! I'd write about it but would probably tick off a bunch of musicians
that I care about...

Jay
I have a Heart Interface 2800 watt with a 90A charger built in , what a TANK. It even survived being shipped to here from Texas on a FedEx truck with what apparently was a driver that didn't like it ! I'm thinking of replacing it with a 600watt PSW . it will reduce my GVW by 85#!!

MK
I think trickle down economics is like a broken record too ,the only ones to get anything out of it was the big record company that sold it to you.

Frank
Sounds like time to start building that ARK!!

Lynne
Oh believe me , I dare (I don't neeed no stinking badges , I am a Keeeeler Beeeeeee).........now tell me more about those rhubarb pies and maybe post some pics ?

cwk
It works like this....................

I spent most of my life on or in front of a stage or in a studio bringing things I or someone else saw in my/their head to life . Before that I built things in my wood shop designing kitchens or furniture And in my candle factory doing things with wax nobody had ever thought of .

It's from a galaxy far far away from the navy where being told what to do and think was kind of a requirement.
The way I think is totally alien for you.
It's OK.
Don't let it keep you up at night......and feel free to point and laugh all you want. I'm used to it , VERY used to it !!!! ( Just don't touch me , I'm famous ! )

Now....I have to go send my latest report back to the mother ship...............
Old 08-11-2016, 07:31 PM   #5566

View out our back window this evening......
Old 08-11-2016, 07:48 PM   #5567

Trying again.......

L.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160811_195040.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	135682  
Old 08-11-2016, 09:02 PM   #5568

Winnebago Owners Club
Nice view. Are there more or just the two does with fawns?
Old 08-12-2016, 06:20 AM   #5569

Morning all!

Hi Gordon, there were 7 in total, couldn't get them all in the pic. Usualy if I move they see us in the window and are gone, yesterday the light was right and I think they only saw reflections as I was able to move around and not scare them off.

Another hot day expected here today. Ugh!

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:26 AM   #5570

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
more rain last night, but not hard like Wednesday evening.
Popeye,
You are not too far off with the Ark. The only thing saving us is the sandy soil.
Lloyd,
We love watching the deer like that, had them out our back window all winter.
Well guys, last post from me until after we get to Ohio, we are leaving tomorrow morning, with a stop off at Lloyd's for dinner and a short visit. Packing the laptop this afternoon. Have to move the 5er before we leave, because they are tearing up this part of the park to run new sanitary and storm sewers. Waiting on electricians to make temporary hookups up front(have to have the air on for the kitty, so we don't cook her.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Catch you all sometime Sunday,
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:58 AM   #5571

Happy Trails
Old 08-12-2016, 08:26 AM   #5572

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Frank have a safe trip

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote