Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2016, 07:39 AM   #5573
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good morning, all!

Frank. Be safe and enjoy your trip. Don't forget to take some of that rain with you.

By the way, we don't call it "rain" in Florida; rather "Liquid Sunshine"! Well, we have to tell the tourists something so they keep bringing their $$ to FL. I don't miss the state income tax from my last state at all.

Popeye, Thanks for the explanation. It does make sense. Not that I now completely understand how your mind works, but I do have a great appreciation for it. Didn't know about the furniture and kitchen work. I have built two kitchens (for myself) and lots of cabinetry/furniture for customers. There is a lot of attention to detail required. So, some of that navy thinking probably helped in ways we do not normally think they might.

I have learned, despite being an introvert, that experience talking with many different folks in many different public situations has led to a collection of interesting thoughts and sayings. I just cannot remember some of them quickly enough when I need them. And, I do better writing than speaking sometimes. There is more time to type, re-read, think, edit, and type again. Rinse and Repeat.

But, there is no way that I would have ever conceived the El Zippo story!

Everyone, have a great day!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2016, 07:56 AM   #5574

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
Safe travels Frank and Rita.

No rain yesterday. Was able to see some of the meteor shower last night around 3 am.

We measure rain in Yuma in inches. A 12" rain is better than a 3" rain because they measure the distance between the drops. We have been there when it rained 3 1/2" in around a day. That is when the dips in the road come into play as drainage channels. The soil is so compact that it takes a long time to soak in causing lots of runoff and flash floods. During one storm I went out to dig some channels to move water from around the trailer. It had been raining for a couple hours but when I dug the channel it was dry around a 1/4" down. I notice they do not have a lot of drains for storm water so there can be considerable water on some of the streets and for sure in fairly level shopping center parking lots.

More tree cutting today.

Have a great day.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:21 AM   #5575

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s a beautiful sunny morning and a rainless day is finally predicted. I just finished my third cup of coffee. It’s excellent as usual.

Last night at midnight I officially turned 69, though if my mother was to be believed, 3am was the actual time of the blessed event. If my wife were still alive tomorrow would be her 70th birthday. Yep, my sweetie was a cougar! Tomorrow is also my daughter’s birthday, Margot’s currently vacationing in Italy, life is tough. Gail actually went into labor on the 12th but apparently decided she wanted to give birth on her birthday and not mine. I remember a restaurant that advertised a free dinner during the week of your birthday. They actually got upset when Gail, Margot and I all showed up for our free dinner at the same time. I had to remind the restaurant manager that they were the ones that made up the rules, not us. I did have to pay for my son’s dinner and I left our waitress a nice fat tip (I could afford it!).

Anyhow, it looks like a great day to take my motorcycle out for a nice long ride, YEEEHAAA!!! Nothing like a motorcycle ride to make you at least feel less of a geezer.

Steve

PS it’s good to learn there are other introverts here. I too like to write (as I’m sure all y’all can tell). I’m a bit ADD and it helps me organize my thoughts better.
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:03 PM   #5576

There will be no story for El Zippo,,,,,,,,,,,it will be a legend!
El Zippo will be feared by all men and loved by all women....the little children will imitate him in the streets and all dogs will roll over at his feet.

Wherever he goes gold will spring from the ground into his pockets and any water he drinks will turn into the finest coffee.

Even the weather will bow to his desires.

He will lounge on the pontoon boat and pop cold ones as the fish will jump straight into the fry pan.

Thus , the legend of El Zippo shall be told...............

Gordon
When I lived in Tucson I found every 10th street was much lower than the other 9 !
It was a big pain going across all the dips...sort of like giant speed bumps , in reverse.

Seems those dips turn into rivers when it rains !
Old 08-12-2016, 06:45 PM   #5577

Good Morning

Just wanted to give you an update on DH's Eye Surgery. His check up went very good. It looks like the partial cornea transplant it taking hold. Next check up is the 19th. Keep both of in your prayers as I developed a large abdominal celluitus and am taking antibiotics. Trying to avoid hospitalization. Prayers continue to all in our group that need them. Please send us some of your rain as we are in a severe drought. 90degrees with high humidity. Just want to stay in the central AC. Take care Ann and Bill
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:24 PM   #5578
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good news on the eye surgery. Prayers for both of you.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:59 AM   #5579

Good Morning!

Great to hear the eye surgery went well, prayers and best wishes for both of you.

Our big event today is sometime this evening Frank and Rita are passing with in 20 miles of the house, we are meeting them for dinner. It will be good to see them again. Timing is good, as in 4 days from now we will be gone as we head west on our month trip.

Steve, interesting your birthdays were so close together. Sorry for the loss of your sweetie, not sure what I'd do in the same position. My Mom and Dad's deal was the 13th. Although different months both their birthdays were on the 13th. They got married on the 13th. Their phone number was,,,,,, yup you guessed it 0013. It was their lucky number! Still Moms!

Got a list of small stuff to do now before the trip. Check the fluids in the coach, including the batteries. Spray weeds around the house property. One last mowing before we go. Then of course packing.

L.
Old 08-13-2016, 06:38 AM   #5580

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Woke yesterday morning to the sounds of rain. Laid there for about 20 minutes just enjoying the sound. Woke this morning to the sound of rain. Got up and went outside to enjoy the smell and sound. LOVELY! Our drought is finally broken. Boy have we needed this rain.

Got the MH out of storage last night so I can wash it today (going camping next week) EEEE. Went up to the roof because there was some caulking to do and wanted to do it before washing the rig today. Wow, was it dirty. It has been so dry that it was full of dust all over. Had I had that time to wash it in May I would have cried when I saw that last night. With the rain last night and this AM hopefully a lot of it will be gone. Either way, it will be clean today.

Friends moved on to next stop in their trip, visit was good. We have met a few on here and it is like you've always known each other when you meet. I look forward to being retired so we can meet more of you and spend some time together.

Popeye, I will post pics of pie later but when we meet up I will make you one. I like it tart and then you add ice cream to sweeten it a bit. I believe you love ice cream right? How is your Mom doing?

Frank and Rita have a safe trip. Kitty will be fine when you get back. She definitely needs the AC and the clean box.

Tim, glad the foot is doing fine. It is a worry but when it turns the corner and starts to look better and then good color returns you know you have it beat.

All other with surgery and health issues hope you keep safe and heal well. A lot of the health issues can be a pain at the time but once past it then smooth sailing.

Everyone have a great day, I need to get out there and wash the rig because it sure does need it. God be with you, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:11 AM   #5581

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
currently 67.
I hate to sound like a broken record but the coffee is leftovers and still warm. Thankyou Airpot.
I just can't take the high humidity, its not a age thing I never have. I remember in my Boating days on the St Croix river we would take or lawn chairs and place them in the water and sit there keeping cool boy those were the days.
One of the best vacations I took was me and my boss (and friend) took his 23 foot Carver down the Mississippi River to Dubuque Ia. His throttle cable broke just above the Lock and Dam just above Dubuque so I sat in the back by engine and I operated the throttle at the carb and thru the Lock and Dam we went and to a marina. They had the new cable too.
We replaced it and headed to the bar and the rest is history. We got back to Prescott Wis, and stopped for lunch at the Mississippi Bell got out of the boat and he dropped the keys in the river. So he called his parents to bring a extra set of keys. His parents also had a Cabin cruiser kept on the River so we sat in the bar until they came down with the keys. Boy what a trip. Now I know how Huck Finn loved the river.
I first started looking at a boat before I bought a MH it was a tough call. I found a very nice 33 foot Wellcraft with twin 454's but settled with the MH. I figured we could see more of the states with a MH but its still always in the back of my mind.

rvpopeye,. Nope I don't want that toe back, I fought with that thing fore years and glad in a way that its gone. So far I haven't missed it...

Lloyd,
Sounds like your ready too hit the HWY, We should of met when you were in MPLS. Maybe at the Meet and Greet. I would say your short what is it 3 days till take off? I still have 2 months too wait for our departure. Great Pic's

Gordon,
When does it rain in Yuma? I don't think it rained the 3 months we were in AZ. I like those dips in the HWY at around 70 in the caddie, I wouldn't want to do that when they are full of water though.

rail,
I heard on the news this AM that some Lunnie Bomber hit Thailand hope your okay and in a safe area, (Where is that now a days) Great Pics by the way. I very ever use my front AC unit maybe 3 times. I should use it more but the rear one will freeze ya out of the MH in about 15 minutes.

sam-3
Great news and prayers sent for the continued success. Will he be able to drive again when all is said and done? Hope so.

Franka548,
sorry I missed ya but hope all is well on the trip.

Geocritter
Happy Birthday boy it must of been a expensive couple days with all the Birthdays.
My sister (now deceased) Birthday and mine are in June my brothers is in July and my other brothers is in Aug, we always said it must of been a cold winter.
Great Pic's

I live on a corner and the street dead ends down the street, they are doing road construction down the street and have the roads closed. Its like a freeway around here all afternoon and really bad between 3-6 pm. Most of the drivers go right past a Dead End sign I've seen a few that go past twice.

Lynne
we have been getting inches of rain and the sound on the tin roof puts me right to sleep. No leaks here hope you find the same Yep the foot is looking better an better everyday. I still have a area that ooze's where the stiches ripped out. I keep it clean and wrapped tight don't even want a little infection. Go back in 2 weeks to the Surgeon. Hope it will be the last time.

That's about it from the S&B's

Those on the road be safe,

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:39 AM   #5582
bap

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVIE BOY...

FRANK AND RITA,,, safe travels

SAM3,,, prayers still being sent up here in eastern ky for you both,,,great news on the eye surgery

RAIL,, heard about that also...prayers sent for all involved...pray you and your family are well

TIM,,, great to see your healing well..

POPEYE,,, funny thing...when I use to be on the cb my handle was zippo...hmm how did ya know..

well as far as my surgery goes,,i was suppose to have my pre surgery yesterday but had to cancel due to a higher priority,,,hope it wont be a long wait until they find me another date with the butcher..,,,, at least gives me a little more time to get some stuff done,,
I saw the worst wreck I have ever seen last week taking my daughter to her school for the blind,,,a man and woman killed in there work truck on i64 mile marker 105 just outside mount sterling ky,, some how they rear ended a semi,,prayers for there familes,,this is still troubling me very much,,,,,everyone on the road please be safe out there..

GOD BLESS EACH ONE OF YOU...and THANK YOU FOR YOUR BEST WISHES FOR ME..
...jeff
Old 08-13-2016, 07:41 AM   #5583
bap

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVIE BOY...

FRANK AND RITA,,, safe travels

SAM3,,, prayers still being sent up here in eastern ky for you both,,,great news on the eye surgery

RAIL,, heard about that also...prayers sent for all involved...pray you and your family are well

TIM,,, great to see your healing well..

POPEYE,,, funny thing...when I use to be on the cb my handle was zippo...hmm how did ya know..

well as far as my surgery goes,,i was suppose to have my pre surgery yesterday but had to cancel due to a higher priority,,,hope it wont be a long wait until they find me another date with the butcher..,,,, at least gives me a little more time to get some stuff done,,
I saw the worst wreck I have ever seen last week taking my daughter to her school for the blind,,,a man and woman killed in there work truck on i64 mile marker 105 just outside mount sterling ky,, some how they rear ended a semi,,prayers for there familes,,this is still troubling me very much,,,,,everyone on the road please be safe out there..

GOD BLESS EACH ONE OF YOU...and THANK YOU FOR YOUR BEST WISHES FOR ME..
...jeff
Old 08-13-2016, 12:02 PM   #5584

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Afternoon,

MH is all washed and shiny. Sap spots on roof had to be scrubbed, the dirt from the one CG settled in the rain drains down the side and became caked on mud. Wow was it dirty. She's shiny and clean now though. Bit of work but well worth it. Glad to have it done for this summer.

Still need to treat the tires this pm but it started raining and now the sun is out. Loving the rain though so no complaints.

Looking forward to some camping this next week and have another 5 days planned next month. Will go camping to CG close to us since they have a nice lake and beach. Love the water.

Hope you all are having a great weekend and spending time with those you love. Bap, let your heart ease about the accident. When it is time it is time. Hard to take sometimes.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:48 PM   #5585

Greetings!

Had dinner with Frank and Rita in Rock Hill S.C. (about 1/2 way to home for them) Had a great time! Probably spent about 2 hours together while they took a break from the road. Oh, and we took my Mom along. She enjoyed their company as much as us!

And I know, it didn't happen unless there is a picture!

L.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160813_154932.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	236.9 KB
ID:	135832  
Old 08-13-2016, 05:19 PM   #5586

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Nice Picture Guys!