Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2016, 05:56 AM   #5601

Winnebago Owners Club
Lloyd, be careful on I35 near Ft. Worth, it is a nightmare! Let me guess, Billy Bob's?
H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2016, 07:44 AM   #5602

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Hope everyone has a great day.

Lloyd and Deb - have a safe wonderful vacation, errr - trip! Now that you are retired there are no more vacations only time away from the S&B.

Taking a couple days off from cutting down trees. Need to go to town for a few things and going golfing tomorrow.

Been quite warm and humid here so lots of dew on the grass in the morning. Everything is looking quite nice.

Dug a hill of potatoes yesterday. Got 6 lbs of potatoes. The plants are still blooming and continuing to throw new buds. First time I have ever seen that.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:15 AM   #5603

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning all.

Had a great day at Silverwood. The coaster I most wanted to ride was shut down though. Aftershock.

After our day at the park we decided to head for cooler weather. 100+ is just too hot for us these days. Been in Seattle too long I guess. So we started heading for the coast for our last 2 days. Stopped in Ellensburg wa for the night. After breakfast we will head back to Deception Pass and see what trouble we can get into.

Maggie is a champ on the highway. Does better than I expected on the big hills. 300 hp Cummings but the previous owner did some upgrades including bigger injectors. Only 22k miles on this new engine.

The list of upgrades I want to do just keeps getting longer. Create a thread like Terry's to keep you all updated. Time will be the issue. Not enough hours in the day. I'll figure it out somehow.

We just love this coach even tbough it really wasnt what we were looking for. Have decided its worth making the changes since we wont be selling or trading anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post

Jay - glad you are getting away. Retirement is supposed to be fun as well as satisfying. My only note is that I seem to work just as hard but get paid a lot less. I just get to pick the work I don't get paid for. And I do it on my schedule. Now if I could just figure out how to pay taxes on my schedule without getting penalized!!

Hope everyone has a grand day.
Ha!! If you figure that tax issue out I can make us both wealthy. HEHE. Working harder in retirement than I ever did when it was a real job. I do get paid a bit less but I do pick and choose who I want to do work for and it raises money for Liberty Farms. I just need to figure out how to take this show on the road so we can travel a bit. Who needs remodeling done?

Bap - I saw an Argosy the other day at a walmart and thought of you instantly. Looked like an Airstream but painted. Only saw the exterior but ahe looked like she could use your magic. Solid but showing her age.

Daylight is burning. Catch you all soon.
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 08:15 AM   #5604

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, weather,just ok, typical overcast NE Ohio cloud cover, it is really depressing. Temps in the upper 70's low 80's with medium to high humidity, but my blood is thin from the 90 + weather from Florida, so it is cool to me.
Going to see oldest daughter (the Dentist)in a little bit and get my annual dental checkup, hopefully we can go out to lunch and visit for a short time. then tax lady later this afternoon to give her all our tax stuff. Tomorrow morning is Doctor appointment for DOT physical( I still keep up my CDL just in case I get bored).
Lloyd and Deb,
Safe travels and above all else take your time and enjoy the scenery and what this great country has to offer.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:39 PM   #5605

3 days and nobody asked about the end of the story ??
Old 08-16-2016, 07:58 PM   #5606
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Far be it for me to question the timing of a master musician about his creativities!

"All in due time" Dag Hammarskjöld, Second Secretary-General of the United Nations
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 10:07 PM   #5607

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
There was a story? Waaa - hey look, a squirrel.

Anything more than a couple hours and I forget what I had for lunch.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:33 AM   #5608

I 2nd what Gordon said....I suffer from adhijklmnopqrstu did you see the Olympics last night I didn't but there was a couple of bunnies in the front yard ......I like coffee do you like coffee.....short sleeve shirts are great and boots do you have any candy???

Later taters....keep the stories coming popeye we love them.

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:55 AM   #5609

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Story?
What Story?
?

Movies ? now your talking, any one catch Blue Hawaii last night with Mr. Presley? Great Flick, Mrs. Lansbury was pretty funny too!!
I forgot where I am,
Morning
currently 68
Coffee is great.
Rained last evening couple inches per hour. Yard has greened up nicely.
Went too get a magneto for my back pack blower yesterday, $70 plus bucks, that's almost 1/4 cost of blower.
Gordon ,
your thoughts of me bringing it this winter? It will make short work of cleaning up our Patios ? We didn't put in a garden this year. I guess you have too be home too do that. Home grown potatoes are the best.+

That's about it from around here,

Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:01 AM   #5610
bap

.....crs....need I say more....lol
Old 08-17-2016, 07:39 AM   #5611

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Story?
What Story?
?

Movies ? now your talking, any one catch Blue Hawaii last night with Mr. Presley? Great Flick, Mrs. Lansbury was pretty funny too!!
I forgot where I am,
Morning
currently 68
Coffee is great.
Rained last evening couple inches per hour. Yard has greened up nicely.
Went too get a magneto for my back pack blower yesterday, $70 plus bucks, that's almost 1/4 cost of blower.
Gordon ,
your thoughts of me bringing it this winter? It will make short work of cleaning up our Patios ? We didn't put in a garden this year. I guess you have too be home too do that. Home grown potatoes are the best.+

That's about it from around here,

Those on the road be safe,
Tim
Good Morning Everyone;
Tim - Might be easier than dragging the cord around for the electric one we have down there. HOWEVER - we tend to avoid the use as it makes a lot of dust most of which seems to end up on the coaches. A good broom works well and keeps us busy for a 20 minutes or so. Between us if we all get out there cleanup is quite easy. Your side does not seem to catch as much of the debris/leaves as our side.

Another day off from tree cutting. Going golfing instead.

Not much else happening here so will wish everyone a grand day.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:50 AM   #5612

Squirrel ! Where ? I didn't see a squirrel . Must have been out while it was raining....

Oh yeah , the story..................
Most of them said yes and that's where songs come from.

It's true , I tell ya.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:28 AM   #5613

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon Gang,
Well, no coffee this morning, had to take my DOT physical, and coffee raises the blood pressure just enough that I won't pass. Did have a cup afterwards though, and it was good. Physicians Assistance does the physical, and she said that I am alive still and would see me in 2 years.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:39 PM   #5614

Frank
Wheeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww !
Good to know you're still alive !