Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2016, 11:37 PM   #5629

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is good today!
ro_sie !!!!
Hope you enjoy reading all about us, and join in anytime!
We have all become friends, and welcome newcomers, for sure!
Bap, aka(Jeff) started this thread along time ago, and we keep it going for him!
Lloyd, hope the trip is going good for you! Have fun!
Tim, don't forget to go to the post office and renew your passport, and if you don't get it back before you leave you can always have your brother mail it to you in Yuma!
MK, happy anniversary buddy, and good luck with the treatment!
Steve, what a fun trip and great pic's!
Popeye, I will have to go to the U.S. Embassy in Chiang Mai, to vote! That will be a adventure in itself!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2016, 05:44 AM   #5630

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Ros_ie,
Welcome to the group. Glad to have you join in.
Tim,
We went to the board of elections and signed up for the absentee ballot, you need the address for them to send it to you, each state is slightly different, but that is basically how you do it.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 05:52 AM   #5631

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Welcome Ros_ie Chime in anytime, we always like new and exciting people we've got a couple great weather days ahead here in upstate ny,
Old 08-19-2016, 05:55 AM   #5632

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Coffee good this AM. Looks to be another beautiful day, sunny and warm. Love summer!

Popeye, we have a rug inside for shoes but the water was a good 3 to 4 inches deep where we would have pulled in and we didn't want to get stuck or walk through water. Just better to wait for another weekend. There's always something to do at home anyway.

MK, Happy Anniversary and you are right, the right partner makes a huge difference when someone is sick especially then but with the pleasure of spending time with them.

Steve, There is a military museum in Ohio that has some amazing old planes and other items. Love looking through that stuff. Course Jerry and I like going to old battlefields and walking around. Gettysburg and Little Big Horn were both a bit eery going through them. I couldn't figure out what Custer was thinking.

Hope all of you are doing good. Bap, where you at? Seems that most of us get busy in summer and take a bit of time off from here. It's all good.

Frank, I look forward to being to absent ballot vote because it will mean I am retired. Had to get a new passport this month and it got here in 10 days. Surprised me it was that fast.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:21 AM   #5633

Morning you all. I have to report, I had my coffee over 2 hours ago and am now on my first mug of iced tea, That first cup of coffee sure is good tho. I have my grand daughter already at school and a load of laundry in the dryer and another load in the washer. Kahlan, my grand daughter is in second grade. Her mother works the overnight shift, so Art and I take care of our little one.

It was so kind of you all welcoming me like you did. I have been a member on this site for several years, but just never posted before.

We usually make one long trip each year to Missouri. My father passed away this last March . He was 95 and my mother is still there and is 91. My younger sister checks in on her every day to make sure she is doing ok. So, as long as my mom is there, I will be making that treck home. After school starts in the fall we are limited to weekend trips. But, you know, I wouldn't want to not have my Kahlan in my life.

Again, thank you for the welcome and if there is anything you want to know about us, feel free to ask. God bless
Old 08-19-2016, 08:02 AM   #5634

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;

Welcome Ro_sie.

Interesting pictures of the air museum. Buffalo Airways of NWT fly old war birds as part of their regular business. There is a television show about them called Ice Pilots. They fly the north of Canada out of Yellowknife. C47 and Electras are the mainstays of their fleet. Many people drive to Yellowknife to ride on a C47 as part of a regular passenger service. A planned motorcycle trip to check it out was put off because of inclement weather on route.

MK - best wishes for a successful and not too unpleasant experience.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:56 PM   #5635

Freightliner Owners Club
Ro_sie,
You might want to check on the Meet and Greet thread that Lynne started, we are planning it for 2 weeks in August 2017, the exact dates are in the beginning of the thread. Right now there are 3 campgrounds to choose from and that is what we are trying to find out what the majority wants. We would be happy to have you and Art join us.
Frank
Old 08-19-2016, 03:38 PM   #5636

Frank, I will try to find it. I honestly haven't been on IRV2 very much. We had just traded a couple of weeks ago for the revolution and I came here to see what I could find out about it. We had traded a HR Endeavor in on it. Lot of different things in them. This site is really a different can of worms for me. Right now we are trying to fond out why the front tv is so noisy and the bedroom one doesn't work at all. We ran cable from our house straight to the rear tv and the outside tv and they work great. So we have determined it is the wiring inside the tv or the switch box. Pretty difficult to get to the wiring, so maybe we will invest in a new switch box. We hate to tear into the woodwork the front tv is encased in. I am going to go and see if I can find the meet and greet thread that Lynne started. Wish me luck
Old 08-19-2016, 04:36 PM   #5637

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey Rosie, Just left there. Sshould be just above or below this thread.

My neighbor's Mom is here visiting, Yea she pulled in today with a mighty nice looking Mini Winnie has too be close to 30 foot.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 05:30 AM   #5638

Good morning all!

I have been soooo busy enjoying this trip that I have not kept up with my reading. But while I do have a moment here is a update on us.

The surprise worked, we arrived at the Fort Worth Stockyards yesterday around 2pm. We setup quickly and then hit the stores and shops. Deb very much was surprised and enjoyed it.

After that we came back to the RV, showered, then went out and had a great dinner followed by a walk to Billy Bob's Texas.

Lots of rain here, flash flooding etc.. We head out of here this morning toward Amarillo and I 40 west into New Mexico.

Have a great day all!

L.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160819_160126_resized.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	136495  
Old 08-20-2016, 05:35 AM   #5639

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Lloyd, What great new's.
Are you heading to AZ enquiry minds what too know...
How's the MH doing?
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 06:34 AM   #5640

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good today, weather is going to be nice, everyone up here in Ohio is saying how hot it is, upper 80's low 90's, but Rita and I actually think it is cooler than what we have been used to.
Lloyd,
So glad that Deb's surprise worked out and that both of you enjoyed. Have a safe and enjoyable rest of your trip.
Ro_sie,
The thread is under Vintage heading and it is called Good Morning Meet and Greet with the author being Beamishl.
Jay,
Glad to see that you and DW are getting to enjoy Maggie and your retirement.

Well we got everything done except, getting my license plates for the TV and 5er which I will do tomorrow, and are waiting on the tax lady to finish our taxes so we can sign them and send them ingoing today to go get Rita's Granddaughter a new Macbook for school. Monday is dinner with my oldest and get to see my grandson. Then Thursday we are off to my Dad's in Tennessee, taking my sister with us, then she will fly back home after her visit.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 08-20-2016, 07:18 AM   #5641

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Coffee was good this AM and looking at another beautiful sun shiny day here in MI. Things have greened up a lot since we finally got some rain. Rhubarb is finally back to growing so hopefully I can get some put in the freezer for this winter and making some more pies.

I've been watching the Olympics a bit and enjoying them. I saw that a Kim Rhodes has been in the last 6 Olympic games and won a Gold medal each time. Too bad the media did not report this, this woman has won 6 GOLD MEDALS and it's not news worthy? Shame.

Going to get some yardwork done today. IT will be quite warm but needs done anyway and with the rain we can actually pull some weeds a bit easier. Lawn is growing now and Jerry is mowing a bit.

Going to go check Meet & Greet and see what ya all are saying. It's a year away now instead of the 18 months when we started. Won't be any time at all and we will be meeting up.

Have a great day all. Rosie, hope you find Meet & Greet, you might be interested.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:25 AM   #5642

Coffee is good this morning

Yep Lloyd inquiring minds want to know...lol....287 out of Ft Worth to Amarillo is a pretty good road...you get to go through Quannah which has alot of history being named after Quannah Parker....Google it cause it'd intresteresting. ...should be a dryer drive for ya'll today.

Ro_sie there are a whole lot of people here that could probably help you chase down your issue with the cable could just be a loos connection hopefully it's something easy like that

Well going to see what trouble I can get into everyone be safe and enjoy life

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote