Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:14 AM   #5657

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning. weather is a little chilly for us southerners, low 60's, but the sun is shining, and the skys are partly cloudy. Well today is getting license stickers for the truck and 5er for the next 2 years and a trip over to the credit union to make a deposit(it is about 15 miles away) . tomorrow the tax lady is supposed to have our taxes done, so we should be ready for blastoff on Thursday morning. Of course we are taking my sister with us and hopefully she will be ready when we get there to pick her up, she is one of those that is never on time and I really think that she will be late to her own funeral, lol.
Rail,
Great pics, I need to remember where that is, so we can stop there when we are out west.
Ro_sie,
The 57 Corvette had the single headlights with the 58 having the dual headlights.
Charles,
Sounds like you are getting close to joining us in the RVing ranks, I know that you have the trailer, but the MH will be a whole new ball game. You are on the right track in the way you are going about looking.
Have a great day all,
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2016, 09:45 AM   #5658

Winnebago Owners Club
Sitting here drinking coffee, surfing the forum and listening to the rain fall. Lots of thunder as well so we must be having a thunderstorm. Going to be one of those laid back days. Have a couple tasks I can do on the coach so I will stay busy.

Looked out in the back yard and I can actually see the rain gauge rising!! Great big rain drops. Wow.

H12 – we have several NuWave cooktops and have given several away for presents. We really like ours. The last one we purchased is an 1800 watt unit. Standard are 1300. We have had one fail so far but it took several years. We try to as much cooking outside so the portable units are just what we like.

Lloyd – we have been save by our TPMS as well. My feeling is it saved a tire as we had recently fueled and would have traveled for a number of hours before stopping. We picked up a nail and after being alerted I could hear the air hissing when I checked the tire. We have the Tire Minder system. Had some issues with ‘no signal’ from the trailer but the support was wonderful and all is working very well.

Charles – good luck with finding your dream coach. We seriously looked at Newmar. We ended up with WGO because we liked the floor plan better. Comfort drive was an attraction but the way our coach drives the only rationale for adding the upgrade was the coach would have to drive itself. Our coach drives like a dream so if there is a large improvement ???. I know everybody says and I have not tried one. We were really fortunate once we made the decision we found a superior dealer to buy from. We continue to schedule maintenance and upgrades from them even though they are 1800 miles from us. Worth the drive = priceless.

Frank and Rita - enjoy the cool weather. The change of seasons keep us young.

As I wrote this we have received ” of rain.

Hope everyone has a grand day. I see reading and relaxing in my short term future.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:53 AM   #5659

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohler30 View Post
Well Tim it's all that good hiking you do that's helps keep you healthy so keep up the great work.....

Coffee is good this morning a mocha Gevalia blend no too shabby....

Spent the rainy weekend finishing cleaning out the spare closet took a load to goodwill and sorted through the Christmas decorations I am giving to my daughter....now to start on the girls old bedroom...alot of crap in there...lol...well gotta get to work actually pretty slow here today since we start inventory on Wednesday ya'll have a good one.

Mk
Mk,
I think you meant Steve, I have trouble walking across the back yard.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 10:40 AM   #5660

Good Morning, it is STILL morning here, just barely. 11:21am. I am having my second cup. Had my first around 6am. Mondays are really hard when you are older and have an 8 year old. Of course I would not trade her for anything on earth. I did try to get in here right after my school run this morning, but like was earlier posted, this site was more than a little wonkie and I left.

Well, we have started removing the diamond shield on the front of the revolution. Most of the brown spots under the portion we have removed are coming off with it. We do have a shadow left, but I think we can get those off too. The more I look at that revolution, the better I like it. We do have one switch that has us buffaloed, Right beside the bed on a small table front is a rocker switch with a lightning symbol on it. I just KNOW it is for electric, but have no idea what electric. We have tried it with the water heater and it made no difference. Just cant decide what I can be for. Oh the joys of figuring out a new to us RV.

Charles and Beverly, I think you are right, the newer products have taken a serious hit in quality. my husband searched and searched, and then we decided on a 2007 Fleetwood revolution LE. The quality we wanted is there and the kinks have been worked out. I think quality has suffered because manufacturers are trying to cut corners to get cost down. Instead they are cutting their noses off to spite their faces. You just cannot beat quality. Also, that bath and a half is a Jewel. My husband is recovering from colon cancer, had the first surgery and chemo and radiation. the wound was healing and he had another round of chemo. about 9 moths after the first surgery, he had another , the reversal. He had a catscan about 6 weeks ago and no sign of the cancer. God is good. Anyway, now traveling with him, we really need two bathrooms. So the LE hit the spot. Our little grand daughter loves the extra bathroom. She calls one of them "hers".

I also had some medical issues, but that will save for another time. Anyway, my second cup is grrrrreeaatt. bye you all.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:42 AM   #5661

Winnebago Owners Club
Rain update: 1 1/2" in the gauge and just pounding down.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:51 AM   #5662

Sorry Tim I did mean Steve....lol...my memory has a few speedbumps so thanks for the help....lol

Mk
Old 08-22-2016, 05:46 PM   #5663

I got 1+1/2" last night. Perfect day now . Took mom out to the Sea Basket for some scallops and a cone of Friendly's butter pecan for dessert !
Lynne , I tried posting a pic of mom's pineapple pie but no luck ,,,,,,it looks just like your rhubarbs but different insides ................
Old 08-22-2016, 05:50 PM   #5664

Winnebago Owners Club
You are going to have to bring Mom to the meet and greet. Never had pineapple pie but sure would like to see one in person.

2 3/8" and paused. Slow grilling some ribs for dinner.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:56 PM   #5665

Not gonna happen , unless you have it here. She will NOT travel , want's to stay right here till she croaks !!!!!!
Old 08-22-2016, 06:09 PM   #5666

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Okay Pineapple pie YUM,
Had it once at the sister-in-laws and it was in a Sam's container so naturally I thought it came from Sam's. NOOOOOO, We have never had or sold Pineapple pie I said I saw it in the Sam's container, well you didn't get it here. I said my sister in law had it for desert. Sorry she didn't get it here, not here. I 've been to a couple Sam's and even a Sam's in Yuma AZ and have never seen a Pineapple Pie. We tried to make one but wasn't as good as the one we had from Sam's Maybe you can post the recipe from your Mom's and hers is I'm sure better than the Sam's Pie...
Please,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:48 PM   #5667

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Not gonna happen , unless you have it here. She will NOT travel , want's to stay right here till she croaks !!!!!!
Have pie - MUST travel. LOL
Old 08-22-2016, 11:02 PM   #5668

Pie, somebody mention Pie???? I'm in!

We went out in the Jeep today, visited Valley of the Gods, Monument Valley and the Utah route 261 switch backs. All were fun, but the Valley of the Gods is what we enjoyed the most. Very majestic, neat road that meanders amongst many of these huge stone monuments, very pretty.

Tomorrow we packup, and move to Durango about 65 miles away,,,,, not exactly as big trip!!! We stay there till Sunday.

Take care all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 12:21 AM   #5669

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was good today!
Tim, I tried to send you a PM earlier, but the dreaded Captcha came up, so after that happens, IT DISSAPEARS, (The post)!!
Well it was about a MH that came up for sale in Phoenix, Az. The ad was on rvtrader.com A 1994 Monaco Dynasty 38' Sounded like a great deal, and it came with everything! Pic's were great! Sounded like a great deal for someone that was looking for a nice older MH! Sorry, I tried to attach the ad, but I am just not computer savvy enough to do that I guess?
so I guess I am not the only one having trouble with this site?

Pie, did I hear, PIE?? Here, I get all kind's of pineapple goodie's, one of my favorite's is pineapple upside down, cup cakes! Man, are they good!!
Hope everyone has a great day! Rail!
Old 08-23-2016, 07:28 AM   #5670

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, a little chilly but going up to the lwer 80's with partly cloudy skys.
My problem is that I got the screen real small, and I can't find a way to get it back to normal size, this is only for IRV2, then my Email is huge and I can't get it smaller, we normally use a mouse and not the touchpad to move the curser, with us not being at home, have been using the touchpad, and these atrange things happen GRRRRR. Any ideas to get things back to normal will be greatly appreciated.
OOPS, never mind, I just got it back to normal, niot sure how, but anyways it is back as it should be.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote