Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2016, 06:54 AM   #5671

Grreeaatt coffee here, but about 6am. tea time now. Frank, did you say normal? really normal? Wow. We will have to keep an eye on you

I have been to school and then shopping and now back home. Pretty good trick for not quite 9 am huh? Today is my day to groom my littlest friends. I haven't told them yet or they will hide under the bed and there will be NO getting them out. Yorkies are smart little creatures.

Well off to get it started, Have to be finished by noon. You all take care, and God bless.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2016, 07:06 AM   #5672

Rexhall Owners Group
H12...We use a Nuwave countertop oven in our coach. When the convection element in our over-the-range microwave died, I couldn't find an inexpensive replacement. I saw an info-mercial for the Nu-Wave and purchased one. We love it. We use it in the house too, even cooked a Thanksgiving turkey in it, just for experiment sake. The only problem I had was when I lifted the lid, without the kitchen exhaust fan on, and set off the smoke detector.
Bob
Bobb.25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:07 AM   #5673

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Ro_sie,
That is funny, now see, you fit right in with this crowd.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:47 AM   #5674

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Glad to see everyone is proceeding as normal.

Frank - there are gremlins out there. They will get you when you least expect it. And then leave just as unexpectedly. I always try to remember what I did so I do not do it again. Huh! Squirrel!! What were we talking about?

Still raining here but more of a mist. Today I am going to do something as yesterday flew by without any accomplishments. Did start up the fireplace to take some of the chill off and grilled up a side of ribs but today I am going to accomplish something. Maybe!!!!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:04 AM   #5675

Good morning all!

Lite rain here in Kirtland, NM. Sky is partly cloudy, 61*.

I hope it clears later, we have a 65 mile run to Durango today, was giving serious thought to washing Ms Prissy on the way. She is nasty dirty after the 1,900 mile trip here.

Here are a few pics for yesterdays visit to Valley of the Gods, Monument Valley, and the Route 261 switchbacks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160822_123359.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	136847   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160822_142216.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	384.6 KB
ID:	136848  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160822_170132.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	136849  
Old 08-23-2016, 09:27 AM   #5676
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good morning, all!

Frank, On most browsers there are some standard combination of keys to enlarge, shrink, return to normal.

Ctl+ (Hold down the control key and hit the plus key) This will enlarge things. Keep doing it and things will keep getting larger.

Ctl- (Hold down the control key and hit the minus key) This will shrink things.

Ctl0 (Hold down the control key and hit the ZERO key) This will return things to normal.

The browser usually remembers this on a per-site basis. So, iRV2 can be enlarged, but not affect other websites.

Yes, it is frustrating when it happens and you don't know why. There may be some other Menu based ways of doing this in your browser, but I don't remember them.

Rail, When I type a long post I got into the habit of "copying" the post to memory before either previewing or submitting. So, if Captcha decides to make it disappear, I have a copy.

Sometimes, just by hitting the BACK button on the browser I can return to the editing page WITH everything there. Sometimes it is all gone.

What I have been doing is a) place the cursor somewhere in the text you want to submit, b) Select Ctl-A to highlight everything, and c) Select Ctl-C to copy everything to memory.

So, if Captcha hangs up everything and things go away, I hit the BACK button to get back to the edit screen, place the cursor in the now-empty text area, then Select Ctl-V to copy what I saved from memory onto the screen. Then, I try previewing or submitting again. Hopefully Captcha will let me through the second time.

I have had this happen a bit more frequently lately. I am not sure exactly why Captcha is doing this. Maybe because I am using a mobile hotspot? Maybe the IP address is changing and the forum thinks I am not me? Not sure, but it is sure frustrating to lose stuff.

Thanks to all who commented on our ongoing DP search. We are in no rush, as retirement is a few years off yet. I would like to buy before actual retirement dates, just to break it in and get to know the rig. But, that is not a hard requirement. Whether or not to go FT is a question we really need to delay until later. We talk about it, but it is too soon for answers. I think we need actual experience in a Class A before we can properly decide.

Well, another hot day in North FL. Low of 77F this morning, with a forecast high of 89F with a heat index of 102. I really wanted to get a bit of work done outside, but it usually has to wait until about 7PM when the sun starts to set. It will still be hot, but minus the direct sun.

Everyone, have a great day!

PS: Let me copy this before I go any further in case the Captcha thief is waiting for me.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:37 AM   #5677
cwk

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Well it was about a MH that came up for sale in Phoenix, Az. The ad was on rvtrader.com A 1994 Monaco Dynasty 38' Sounded like a great deal, and it came with everything! Pic's were great! Sounded like a great deal for someone that was looking for a nice older MH!
Tim, Here is the link to that 1994 Rail mentioned, in case you were interested and had not had time to search for it. $16,750 asking price.

1994 Monaco DYNASTY, Phoenix AZ - - RVtrader.com
Old 08-23-2016, 10:31 AM   #5678

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwk View Post
Tim, Here is the link to that 1994 Rail mentioned, in case you were interested and had not had time to search for it. $16,750 asking price.

1994 Monaco DYNASTY, Phoenix AZ - - RVtrader.com
Wow that does seem like a steal.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:40 AM   #5679

Winnebago Owners Club
Has some nice features for sure.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:23 PM   #5680

Pineapple (and just any kind of)Pie lovers in the gang.

Ok , ok , I'll work on getting the recipe out of her....It was my grandmother's and she is picky about giving it out .
She actually wanted to teach me to make it so the recipe wouldn't die with her so I think it's a good bet I'll get it , I think it might be one of those things that never get written down. I tried attaching a pic again but the wifi here is totally flakey ,,,,kind of like the pie crust....

Ro_sie
Yeah , it sounds like you got Frank pegged already !

If you're having trouble figuring me out , don't worry , you have plenty of company ! Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh kuh

I pause now for an
Important Public Service Announcement !

September 19th is
International Talk Like A Pirate Day
So practice up on saying your
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGH's
There will be a test !

and now I will resume my regularly scheduled posting......

and don't worry , I won't put you all through the jokes again.....well , maybe one..
Old 08-23-2016, 01:54 PM   #5681

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I hope she will give it out so it will live on forever (soadaspeak).
Yea I went looking this morning but couldn't find it.
I'm hoping to find something with at least one slide. We will be going FT Next summer after I sell The S&Bs
tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 02:59 PM   #5682
cwk

Spartan Chassis
Out of curiosity, since I am looking as well, but not as soon as Tim, I found the following coach (with one slide):

1995 Holiday Rambler IMPERIAL , Huachuca City AZ - - RVtrader.com

Would someone please take a minute and look at the THIRD photo? Is that delamination I see on the front right section of the coach? You can see it in the FOURTH photo as well.

From what I have heard, that is not a good thing at all. In fact it might be a reason to completely pass on the rig. Am I interpreting this correctly?
Old 08-23-2016, 03:38 PM   #5683

Winnebago Owners Club
Charles;
There are certainly some interesting "wrinkles" from the front of the door to the wheel well. I would not be pursuing this unit.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:53 PM   #5684

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I'm with Gordon, "ALTHOUGH" there was a poster I think he goes by pike that took the whole passenger side off his MH and replaced it and it turned out wonderful maybe he will chime in. I'll look for his thread.
Tim
Wow what a coincidence he has a Holiday Rambler and it was the same side. His redo started on 1-1-2014 and was titled "New Exterior Siding" by piker. under Vintage too, Worth the read.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote