Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:05 PM   #5685
cwk

Tim,

I followed that thread. His screen name is Piker.

New Exterior Siding

It was a lot of work and he had an indoor place to work on it. He did a fantastic job. I know I would not want to tackle that.

cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2016, 07:05 PM   #5686

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening,

Charles, I have heard that if you sell the S&B prior to financing a RV that sometimes you have problems getting a loan without an address. The RV being mobile scares the banks because they cannot find you at an address. Just something to keep in mind. If you are paying cash, no worries.

I think even if I had the money I would not purchase a new unit because of all the problems people are having with lack of quality. When we bought we bought a 2004, paid cash, and are happy with the rig. Have fixed and or changed a few things and plan to keep this one for however long we do.

Popeye, I think at some point we need to get together so I can make you a pie but I love pineapple and have never heard of pineapple pie. Sounds wonderful! What's your favorite?

Boy the summer seems to be screaming by. Not looking forward to winter and the Farmer's Almanac says it is going to be bad.

Often when trying to post on this site it locks up and I cannot type or move. Doesn't do it with any other sites and not on my DH's computer, just IRV2.com. It's frustrating and I usually just close it down and move on to another site. Happens way too often.

Got to go, message tomorrow and best of luck to each and all. God Bless! Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:15 PM   #5687

Winnebago Owners Club
Pineapple Pie III Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Old 08-23-2016, 07:34 PM   #5688

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

If I didn't have a appointment @ HF tomorrow I would make it but then there Thursday.
My mouth is watering,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 03:36 AM   #5689

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwk View Post
Out of curiosity, since I am looking as well, but not as soon as Tim, I found the following coach (with one slide):

1995 Holiday Rambler IMPERIAL , Huachuca City AZ - - RVtrader.com

Would someone please take a minute and look at the THIRD photo? Is that delamination I see on the front right section of the coach? You can see it in the FOURTH photo as well.

From what I have heard, that is not a good thing at all. In fact it might be a reason to completely pass on the rig. Am I interpreting this correctly?
Charles, that is most definitely delamination, and is caused by water leaks! This MH is a different side wall than Pikers MH, as this one is fiberglass side wall, and Pikers is aluminum side wall construction! The wrinkling you see is luan backing has gotten wet, and delaminated from the fiberglass! When you see this on a MH, best to walk away! Pikers MH had another problem on top of this, that the aluminum siding had reacted to the wet luan, and a chemical in the luan ate hole's in the siding from the inside out!
Any time you see the siding coming loose or delamination it is a problem, no matter if it is just bad glue, water intrusion, or what ever, and will just get worse over time! Rail!
Old 08-24-2016, 07:30 AM   #5690

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Got taxes back yesterday,and good news, get money back and don't have to pay(YEAH!!!). A couple of odds and ends today, wings at the local watering hole for dinner and off to Tennessee to Dad's tomorrow morning.
Charles,
Thank you so much for the tip on getting the size back to where I want it. Worked like a charm.
Rail,
They got all the roads in the park torn up and are laying the storm and sanitary lines down the road. When you come back to see me, you won't recognize the park. I can't hardly wait to get back and see the changes.
Lloyd,
Great pics. Looks like you are enjoying your trip, stay safe and have loads of FUN.

Don't worry guys if you don't hear from me tomorrow, it is a travel day.
Catch you all either late Thursday or Friday,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:42 AM   #5691
bap

goodmorning gang,,
been like forever since I have been on here and only have a minute to post but looks like everyone is doing well and moving along greatly,,

FRANK have a safe trip,,

were doing good here,,, been running back and forth to lousville about every week 5 hour round trip for us,,,but we eat good along the road...lol,,
been busy getting stuff done before my surgery around the farm and on the tiny home were building,,,
getting ready to hit the trails this morning on a wild offroad run in the Polaris,,wont be able to do that the rest of the year so gonna be a little krazy,,,lol..

everyone stay safe and GOD BLESS EACH OF YOU !!!

p.s.,,,,looks like I'm not the only one having site issues,,,hope they get that cleared up for us....

ffej,bap
Old 08-24-2016, 08:38 AM   #5692

Good morning!

52* here, at 6,594' in Durango!

Safe travels to Tenn. Frank.

You guys shopping for coach's, my advice would be take your time, and be flexible to go outside your area. It worked well for Rail, did the same myself. There are great coach's out there you just got to find them. Make that part of the fun.

Have a great day all! Today we head up to Silverton to do the Alpine loop.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:17 AM   #5693

Goooooodd mornINNGG! So nice to have you see me, as Minnie Pearl use to say. ( she was so very funny). I agree, look and look and look some more when you are shopping for a new to you rv. After all, the depreciate so quickly anyway. don't want to start out with one you know is dropping in value quicker than it could be. It is one thing to have things you can easily fix, versus things you can never fix. Then the major thing, is when you see an issue with your prized possession, fix it as soon as you can after you see it.

We are having an overcast day here, lite sprinkling rain about 6 am. Sprinkles have been coming and going all morning. South Carolina has been in a moderate drought most of the summer. But now we are about average for rainfall for the year. August has been very rain filled. Yesterday we had to actually drain water from the pool. unusual here in the Carolinas. Water seems to evaporate almost as soon as it falls from the sky.

I wish all who are searching for a new to them rv the best of luck. Keep searching, don't give up. the one you are looking for is out there. I just know it
Old 08-24-2016, 09:17 AM   #5694

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Although I don't plan on upgrading till next summer i'm always looking. It was the same for my 64, 8 years till I found it. We looked at this one last winter in AZ. Really liked it but passed. Really regret that decision.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160301_175500_1.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	136950   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160301_175247.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	136951  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160301_175627.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	136952  
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:11 AM   #5695

Winnebago Owners Club
The Church Dinner

A group of friends from the Church wanted to get together on a regular basis, socialize, and play games. The lady of the house was to prepare the meal.

When it came time for Al and Janet to be the hosts, Janet wanted to outdo all the others. She decided to have mushroom-smothered steak. But mushrooms are expensive. She then told her husband, "No mushrooms. They are too high."

He said, "Why don't you go down in the pasture and pick some of those mushrooms? There are plenty in the creek bed."

She said, "No, some wild mushrooms are poison."

He said, "Well, I see varmints eating them and they're OK." So Janet decided to give it a try. She picked a bunch, washed, sliced, and diced them for her smothered steak.

Then she went out on the back porch and gave Ol' Blue (the yard dog) a double handful. Ol' Blue ate every bite. All morning long, Janet watched Ol' Blue and the wild mushrooms didn't seem to affect him, so she decided to use them.

The meal was a great success, and Janet even hired a helper lady from town to help her serve. After everyone had finished, they relaxed, socialized, and played '42' and dominoes. About then, the helper lady came in and whispered in Janet's ear.

She said, "Mrs. Williams, Ol' Blue is dead."

Janet went into hysterics. After she finally calmed down, she called the doctor and told him what had happened.

The doctor said, "That's bad, but I think we can take care of it. I will call for an ambulance and I will be there as quickly as possible. We'll give everyone enemas and we will pump out everyone's stomach. Everything will be fine. Just keep them calm."

Soon they could hear the siren as the ambulance was coming down the road. The EMTs and the doctor had their suitcases, syringes, and a stomach pump. One by one, they took each person into the bathroom, gave them an enema, and pumped out their stomach.

After the last one was finished, the doctor came out and said, "I think everything will be fine now," and he left. They were all looking pretty weak sitting around the living room and about this time the helper came over and whispered to Janet,

"You know, that fellow that run over Ol' Blue never even stopped."
Old 08-24-2016, 01:03 PM   #5696
cwk

Good day, all!

Frank, Have a safe trip. The one keyboard short-cut I try to remember is Ctl-ZERO. That resets the size in the browser (and some other software as well).

Popeye, Thanks for the pineapple pie recipe. Now, can that be made in a MH oven? If so, what type of oven?

Rail and Gordon, There is no way I would pursue that wrinkled coach. I just wanted to confirm that it was delamination. So, when we are looking at other older rigs we will recognize the issue and keep looking elsewhere. Not that I don't trust salesmen, but... And, now that you mention it, Piker's MH skin was aluminum not fiberglass. I did follow that thread and now remember the sheets of aluminum he had on the barn floor. I'm just not willing to do that.

Jeff, Good luck with the surgery, whenever it may be. Prayers headed your way.

Well, lunch break is over. Back to work...
Old 08-24-2016, 05:02 PM   #5697

Uhhhhhhh , I didn't post the recipe yet . Go ahead and try those and tell us how it was though. Hey PIE IS PIE !

(I think pie IV is the closest of the bunch from what I remember.)
Old 08-24-2016, 06:44 PM   #5698
cwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Uhhhhhhh , I didn't post the recipe yet . Go ahead and try those and tell us how it was though. Hey PIE IS PIE !

(I think pie IV is the closest of the bunch from what I remember.)
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, That would be me.

I saw Gordon's post with a pie recipe, and jumped to the conclusion that it was yours.