Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:19 PM   #5713

Pie recipe

Reminds me of a true story DH told me. When we first got married he had many greasy pieces of paper with Italian cookie recipes on them. I didn't quite trust them so we made them and all turned out very well. Then I copied them onto nice recipe cards with a protective plastic sleeve. DH brother would always spend time with a neighbor who worked in a commercial bakery. He wouldn't give out the recipe for Pizelles. His brother would pay attention to the ingredients and after a few years he had the whole recipe. We make pizelles with an old fashion iron one at a time on the stove. The secret to a good cookie is real flavorings not imitation. Anyone hungry yet?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2016, 01:42 AM   #5714

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!
I found some coffee beans grown here in the north of Thailand, Chiang Rai, and they are very good and very fresh! Makes a very good cup of French Press!
Sam-3, you are very right about using the real, not imitation ingredient's! When I was living in Mx., you could buy the real vanilla very cheap, and it was one of the things I was ask to get the most when I came back to the states! Makes a huge difference in cookies!
Lloyd, glad you are having a great time! That is great country out there, for sure!
Jeff, how come the weekly trips to Louisville? Inquiring minds want to know?
Frank, tell your Dad hi for me, and enjoy that percolator coffee!
Tim, a very nice, cheap, DP just appeared on rvtrader.com in Mn.! It was a
winnybago Vectra, and looked very nice in the photos, had a 5.9 Cummins, 6 sp., Rear radiator, but for 9,900 dls. !!!!! Might be worth a look?
PIE???? Hahahaha!! Rail!!

Old 08-27-2016, 06:59 AM   #5715
bap

morning is good coffee is great and GOD is the greatest,,

we made our trip to and fro without any issues,,,

RAIL,, make the trip to pick up our daughter on Friday,s then taker her back on sunday,s to her school for the blind,,where she learns independent living,,there are a lot of things that she cant learn here in the country up a dead end road lol,,there are no other blind people around here for her to interact with so its great for her to be with others that are the same,,,and belive you me she teaches those city slickers a thing or 2 about what country living is,,,lol---they all love it..

LOYD,,,while I respect the new technology of the new jeeps I still love the old cj, and yj,s and there old school off roading still have to use yer head and pick the way up and threw where yer going,,love seeing leaf springs flex and the feel of 3 wheeled 4 wheeling up steep hills up an over big rocks and such,,yehaww the old jeeps still do it easy enough and the new jeeps make it easy enough,,,..great machines,,,for sure----can ya tell I'm a jeep nut,,,,lol

well gonna be another hot and humuggidy day here,,think I will wash the car and mow the grass or mow the grass and wash the car,,, but fer now I think I will go scout the hollows for some ginsing,,, season starts very soon now,,

everyone have a blessed day..

jeff
Old 08-27-2016, 08:46 AM   #5716

Good morning all!

51* here, and blue skies at the moment.

Me 2 Jeff,,,, but I just didn't feel like working on them. I have never had the old pictures scanned, but in the late 70's and early 80's we raced Jeeps. I had a highly modified CJ7. Finnished first in the Pennsylvania short track series in 1982. We did pretty good, and spent lots of money!!!! LOL

That is great that your daughter gets to go to that school. I cannot imagine not having vision. If she has 1/2 the witt of her Dad then she is teaching everyone a lot.

No, plans yet today, tomorrow we move on to Moab.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:07 AM   #5717

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Good morning all!

51* here, and blue skies at the moment.

Me 2 Jeff,,,, but I just didn't feel like working on them. I have never had the old pictures scanned, but in the late 70's and early 80's we raced Jeeps. I had a highly modified CJ7. Finnished first in the Pennsylvania short track series in 1982. We did pretty good, and spent lots of money!!!! LOL

That is great that your daughter gets to go to that school. I cannot imagine not having vision. If she has 1/2 the witt of her Dad then she is teaching everyone a lot.

No, plans yet today, tomorrow we move on to Moab.

L.
Man you should swing my property and check up on it. Yup would have 120 acres to yourself. Located in the Paradox Valley in western CO.

Have fun in Moab been years since i have been there.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:43 PM   #5718

If I got it right, Paradox is not very far from Moab. I read recently they just opened a new trail from Montrose, Co. to Moab. Was actualy thinking about doing it.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:30 AM   #5719

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning all;
My unsupervised weekend has been disappointing to say the least. Cloudy, cool and windy. Have managed to get the tractor and me wet and the grass is still uncut. Got lots of reading done was able to burn some firewood in the fireplace so all is not lost though.

Lloyd - Check out the black canyon run if you are at Montrose. If you pass Canyon City a drive to Bishops Castle is worthwhile as well.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:48 AM   #5720

Hi all yíall,

Iím really enjoying my morning coffee today. I just spent the last four days driving and camping in my intrepid Dodge Caravan soccer-mom mobile back and forth through the southwest New Mexico mountains. Itís beautiful country with really crappy cell phone coverage (OMG no cell phones whatíll I do!?) I even stopped in Pie Town, NM and had a delicious peach pie. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pie_Town,_New_Mexico

Steve
Old 08-28-2016, 07:27 PM   #5721

Baking cookies

Guardrail,You are right about cheap real vanilla. Yrs. ago my sister worked in Missions in Honduras and brought us tall bottles of Vanilla. It took us a few years to use it all up.
Old 08-28-2016, 07:43 PM   #5722

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
If I got it right, Paradox is not very far from Moab. I read recently they just opened a new trail from Montrose, Co. to Moab. Was actualy thinking about doing it.

L.
Sent you an email Lloyd.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:26 PM   #5723

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, although it was early, about 5:30 AM CST, left around 6:10 and got to Florida around 4:30EDST. Rita and I both drove, she had the rental, and I drove the Malibu that I got from Dad. An '03 with a V6 and got right at 30 MPG running a little over 70 with the A/C running, not too shabby. The Ecotech 4 in the new Malibu rental got just shy of 38 MPG.
Glad to be back home, our Kitty cat missed us, she is curled up on Rita's lap as I am typing this.
Catch you all tomorrow,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:03 PM   #5724
RVM1

Goooodmorning!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-3 View Post
Guardrail,You are right about cheap real vanilla. Yrs. ago my sister worked in Missions in Honduras and brought us tall bottles of Vanilla. It took us a few years to use it all up.

We bring many bottles from Los Algadones each year, give it to friends that bake, and reap the profits!
Real vanilla. Only the best

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:04 PM   #5725

Winnebago Owners Club
Dave;
What time of the year do you go to Algodones? We are in Winterhaven from Oct to March.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:05 PM   #5726

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geocritter View Post
Hi all yíall,

Iím really enjoying my morning coffee today. I just spent the last four days driving and camping in my intrepid Dodge Caravan soccer-mom mobile back and forth through the southwest New Mexico mountains. Itís beautiful country with really crappy cell phone coverage (OMG no cell phones whatíll I do!?) I even stopped in Pie Town, NM and had a delicious peach pie. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pie_Town,_New_Mexico

Steve
Sounds like the Soccer Momobile was a great project and investment.