Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2016, 08:15 AM   #5755

Good morning all!

Steve, they say some of that rain is going to show up here in south east Utah. Right now I cannot find a cloud and 67*, headed to 92*.

Sounds like a good trip back to home stompin grounds. Don't stay too long gets cold in Illinois pretty quickly in October.

Having fun here in Moab, neighbor left at 6:30am this morning and the noise woke me up. That is the problem with RV parks and motels. They were especially loud,,,,, I think they forgot about the rest of us sleeping right near. Deb slept through the entire event.

Not sure what we are doing today,,,, will make it up as we go. Have a great day all!

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2016, 09:10 AM   #5756

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
^ ^ ^ Lloyd I think your hooked on this retirement thing. Sounds like it anyway. I have been enjoying it for a few years now and can't wait to hit the road next month. Your not to far from Yuma. Between you guys us guys and Gordon and Janet we could tear up Yuma....

Morning
currently 81, sunny, 57% Humidity
Got a lot too do with the old gal before we hit the road EOM, she isn't fully waxed yet, A GOF, I think I have a break sticking need too check that out. Plus more work on the repairs to her rear. I think being my first time working with Fiberglass it has came out better than I hoped for. Not sure it will be done before we go but it looks better. Maybe I can find somewhere down there to have it painted.
Ro-sie,
I usually fill up at 1/4 tank but why I didn't stop sooner I don't know. Glad you got the TV's going.

Steve
I remember not so many years ago we had 28 inches of snow on Halloween night. I know your talking Illinois but just saying.
Wow Frank,
I think I will stick to AZ I don't ever remember them getting hit by a Hurricane. Hawaii's big island is about to get hit today or tomorrow. We got 1 & 3/4 inch of rain the other night. I have o mow again. I just mowed on Sunday.

Cwk
Your the third one I've heard this week that has lost there post including me.

Gordon I'm going too send you a PM,

That's about it from here,,
Tim
Those on the road be safe.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:57 AM   #5757

Winnebago Owners Club
Steve, did you go to high school in NE Illinois?
H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:49 AM   #5758

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-12Mike View Post
Steve, did you go to high school in NE Illinois?
Yes Mike, I graduated from Downers Grove North CHS, class of 1965, Go Trojans! (I know... don't say it! LOL)

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:55 AM   #5759

All y'all,

Like I've said in he past I'm not a snowbird I'm a sunbird! I head to Arizona in the winter for the sunshine and no SAD. I'm half Norwegian so snow and cold doesn't bother me much as long as the highways aren't salted on the way back. I just hope there's no really severe cold, I can dress for cold weather but I don't need frozen plumbing in my home-on-wheels.

Steve
Old 08-31-2016, 11:20 AM   #5760

Winnebago Owners Club
Steve,
I graduated from St George HS in Evanston, Il, class of 1964.

Mike
H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:57 PM   #5761

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning everyone! Coffee is very good today!
I had to do the "no drink, no eat thing" from last night to this morning, for a blood workup! Just back from the "Vampire nurses", and getting my coffee! MMMMMMMMMMM! Go back tomorrow and talk with the Dr., and see what the results are! I also had them test me for Rheumatoid Arthritis to see if that is what is going on with my hands?
Steve and Mike , I am also a Illinois "born and raised" boy! Born in Decatur, Warrensburg/Latham H.S. grad., class of "71", Lake Land Jr. Co., Mattoon, Il. And Mona is at my son's house in Argenta, Il.
Frank, Charles, and Rosie, batten down the hatches!!
Jeff, we donate to the Blind School here in Lampang, and that is where I got my teak scooter, made by one of the girls there! I try to fill up when the gauge gets to the 1/2 mark, in Mona, so there are no surprises, and the pump shock is not so much! When I first picked her up, I tried to run out most of the old fuel first, then filled her up with fresh, and changed the filter! And then I cut open the filter, just to see what was in it, nothing, so, I did not worry after that!
Tim, not sure when I will be down to the Yuma area, will just have to see?
We are planning a trip to Japan, for later this year now, so next year for sure!
Hope everyone has a great day, and safe travels! Rail!
Old 09-01-2016, 06:24 AM   #5762

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Not a hurricane yet, still a tropical storm with 65 MPH winds, They are saying might make 70 MPH winds by this morning or early afternoon which will make it a hurricane.
Charles,
Looks like it is going to hit you guys head on, we are on the south side, so we aregetting the rain and a little wind. A lot of the heavy rain happened south of us, so we are fairing ok so far, we will keep an eye out for severe winds as I still have my awning out.

Found a little kitten last night out on our patio, fed it and brought in. It is the sweetest thing, about 6 to 8 weeks old, very friendly(except towards our old cat) So it looks like we are going to have a new member to the family.
Stay dry everyone and those out on the road, stay safe,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:53 AM   #5763
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good morning, all!

This morning's forecast for our tropical storm, Hermine, has the center of the predicted track now west of our location. Yesterday the track was a direct hit. Now however, being on the right side of the track usually means lots of rain and wind. Our area can use the rainfall.

The heavy rain they predicted for yesterday never materialized in our neighborhood. We had some lighter showers for a bit. Today they are predicting some rain starting later this morning, but the heavy stuff and 20+ winds is for Friday (tomorrow). We will see what really happens.

Mike, Welcome!

Everyone, have a great day!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:49 AM   #5764

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

I awoke to a foggy morning, coffee was great as usual, life is good.

Today I’m driving over to Roswell to have lunch with my son’s father-in-law. Frank seems like a nice fellow, in 2010 Gail and I met him at my son’s wedding to his daughter. I’d meant to do this earlier in August but I kept screwing up meeting arrangements that I’d hoped for. Because of the distance from Capitan, I made the mistake of trying to tie in a lunch with other activities.

It should be a nice day.

Steve
Old 09-01-2016, 09:28 AM   #5765

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Missing All of you!

Sorry guys have had a lot of bad going on lately. Finally got my computer back from a friend of mine I gave it to fix, should have just bought a new one. Sally had another problem with her heart, they put stent # 18 in a few weeks ago. She was home for 6 days and went back in for 3 days, all her Doctors went on vacation after they put the stent in , her cardiologist thinks she might have had a clot or embolism that might have passed with the blood thinners, she is home now but still feels weak! Trying to get her to listen to the DR. and get some rest, but she is thickheaded!! We'll see? Hope everyone is well! If this computer craps out again i'm getting a new one! See you guys later, Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:41 AM   #5766
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Bobby,

Prayers for Sally.

Yup. She needs to listen to the doctors! They did their part, now she needs to do hers. Let her know we are rooting for her.

Sorry to hear about the computer. I've been hoping my Windows 7 machines hold out for a long while. I outlasted (avoided) Windows 8 and 8.1. And, I do not like the invasiveness I have heard about 10.

Hope things get better for both of you.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:00 PM   #5767

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Bobbie,
Our thoughts and prayers go out to a speedy recovery to Sally, and hope she gets back on her feet soon. I agree with Charles, she needs to do what the Doctors tell her.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:24 PM   #5768

Adding Sally to my prayer list. I hope she does well. My fella had a stent put in several years ago and is still going fine with it. I hope Sally does well also.

I had to laugh about the comment about the win7 puter. I have one. So far it runs like a top. I only use it tho for my embroidery patterns. My program for digitizing only works on win7. I worry all the time it might die on me. About win10, I have a laptop with it and two desktops. The worst problem with it was getting use to it. After I got the first one set up, the other two were a piece of cake. I use one desk top, the other is in my kitchen where my grand daughter can use it and our family can keep an eye on whats happening on it. The laptop travels with me.

Well, we pulled in the slides on the MOHO. Waiting for the called for storm. Our temp here about 3:30 pm was 97*. Now it is in the mid 70's. I guess we are really going to see some rain this time. Greenville sets just east of a mountain range. Because of that we really get few bad storms. when the rain or winds hit the mountain tops, they tend to scatter a bit and that lessens the storms fury.

Hey Frank, lucky you to find a new friend sitting on your very own patio. So what have you named the little one? Is this a male or female? I have two tiny yorkies. the female we found sitting in a crate under a tree in a wal mart in westplains Missouri. Cute as a button and I named her Gracie. Then a year ago this last spring we had another little guy running away home and coming to our house every time he could get loose. Finally the owner ask if we would just keep him. We agreed and then discovered from another neighbor that the previous owner kept him locked in a small bathroom and when she let him out to do his business he would run to us. She kept him locked up because she could not house break him. Now when gracie goes out to do her thing, he goes too and we have had no issues. I have to say, its a real trip Rving with two yorkies.

Time to hit the kitchen and get my machine ready so there will be some gggooooodddcoooffee in the am. You all take care and God Bless.