Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-02-2016, 10:32 AM   #5783

Winnebago Owners Club
Gordon, I have 2 cedar elms which are about 36" diameter 12 " off the ground, which I would gladly let you have. I just spent the last 2 hours removing their seed pods from the pool. I have the arborist coming by next week to give me an estimate for removing them. Enough is enough! Between them always shedding into the pool and harboring hordes of mosquitoes, we cannot use our backyard during the summer, fall or spring. It only took me fighting this for 20 years to make the decision to remove them. I guess the older we get we tend to become "Grumpy Old Men".

H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2016, 12:16 PM   #5784

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Mike;
Sounds like it will be an fairly big job. "Some see trees, other see fire wood!" LOL I counted this morning and there are 29 stumps ranging form 8 to 24" on the willows we took down. Want the cedars for a privacy hedge. They will get about 15' tall with a diameter of about 6' for the foliage.

There will be a lot of wood splitting in my future. Most likely with a rental log splitter.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:45 PM   #5785

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Thanks for all the thoughts and well wishes. We made out pretty good, especially compared to the areas around us, quite a few small branches down from the wind, didn't make it up to the park, they didn't work today because of the rain. The pond rose probably a foot or more since yesterday, It is starting to consume some of the sites. But like I said we made out good, the majority of the rain and wind is over with, so we are happy.
A side note, this post gives me my next campfire, YEAH!!!
Have a great evening, catch you tomorrow,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:36 PM   #5786
bap

goodevening my friends,,

sitten here getten ready to hit the sack but wanted to check in on FRANK,, glad to know ya weathered the wrath of the storm ok,,

MIKE,, to bad were so far apart I would drop those trees for ya and it would only cost ya some lemonaid,,and a few logs to plane down so I could make something for you out of it..that way you would still have the trees but like them...lol..

well the pre-surgery went worse trhan I thought it would ...thought I would get by with a simple same day surgery....nope a few days in the hospital with fusion of 3 or 4 vert,s and then rods place in to keep my head above my shoulders.lol,,i just have to give them a call and then I go in for the surgery...im in no huge hurry to have it done just yet would like to get some more projects done while good weather is still with us...surgeon says it would be a month or so of recovery,,,

well,,im a headen fer the bed ,,,eyes are crossing,,seeing 3 computer screens and typing the one in the middle,lol,,

goodnight .
..jeff
Old 09-03-2016, 05:48 AM   #5787

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
currently 62
inside MH 73 Perfect
Coffee was fresh late yesterday afternoon, Gosh maybe I'll get a fresh pot all in the same day.: Its good though.
Hay I beat Rail this morning what gives Rail?
Went to another car show last night man the cars were so nice. lots of cars lots of people. I though it would be dead with the State Fair going on and a long weekend but there were lots of people/kids/young people.
There was a really nice 2 plus 2 Pontiac, the 2nd one I have ever seen, the first one
was one that a guy had that picked up my sister for a date. It was Mid-night Blue, Blue interior I was 11 and after seeing that Engine and car I became hooked on cars. I have always had big style cars. That was back in 1966. There was the 1960 Lincoln Mark 5 convert and for sale too. It was in triple black. . There was a 1965 Tempest, Powered by a Turbo charged Diesel A couple rat rods.
Pics to follow, The rat rod pic didn't turn out very good. The Diesel engine in the rat was from a semi and a turbo too.
We got the invite to the farm at my brothers. Last time we were their for a weekend we ended up staying 2 1/2 months this summer. Man what a summer it has been.
Have a GREAT weekend,
Those on the road be safe.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160902_192657.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	318.6 KB
ID:	137957   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160902_192818.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	137958  

Name:	20160902_192715.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	314.9 KB
ID:	137959   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160902_192852.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	302.6 KB
ID:	137960  

Name:	20160902_193604.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	137961   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160902_194634.jpg
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	137962  

Name:	20160902_192754.jpg
Size:	374.8 KB
ID:	137963   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160902_193158.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	377.1 KB
ID:	137964  

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 07:27 AM   #5788

Winnebago Owners Club
Spritz, great photos. Had a friend in high school who drove a 1963 Gran Marquis pontiac convertible to school.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:51 AM   #5789

Winnebago Owners Club
Well, another morning spent removing cedar elm seed pods from the surface of the pool. By the end of the month those trees (trunks) will be nothing more than "yard art"!
Old 09-03-2016, 09:06 AM   #5790

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Got a window in the rain yesterday to there are now 28 new cedar trees replanted from the volunteers at the house. I had to mark them because they are so small you do not see them. So I have a line of sticks for as a hedge at the moment! Lots of water and some sun and voila we will have a cedar hedge in a few years.

Frank - glad that you missed the worst of the storm. We had some friends go through Hurricane Charlie. They said the storm lifted the 5er and dropped it back on the foundation. Outside the 5er looked fine. Inside it was scrambled eggs? Their shed beside the 5er lost it's roof and all of his coke collection was gone except for a heavy cooler.

Great pictures Tim. Good to see you are out and about and obviously feeling better with your foot.

I am going to do odds and ends today. Really cool outside and we started the furnace. Watching geese in large V's flying around so starting to think it is going to be an early fall and winter. We are getting closer to deciding a departure date. Are considering several stops on the way down to Yuma. Normally we get on the road and head straight there. Horse heading for the barn in the south syndrome!

BAP - I think you should get yourself in to get your surgery sooner rather than later. Better you have some tasks waiting for you to heal than do more damage trying to get them done before you go in. It is hard to be out of commission when the weather is nice so I know you will do what is best for you.

Everyone have a beautiful day.
Old 09-03-2016, 09:18 AM   #5791

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey Mike,
Thanks,
Correct me f I am wrong but Grand Marquis were Mercury's, I had 2 a 88 and a 90 Grans Marquis
My bud drove us too school in 72,73 in a 73 Cutlass Supreme. Then almost the end of our senior year he got a 73 Olds Delta 88 Royal convertible.
His mom owned a good chunk of property around one of Mpls main drags, Called Lake Street She was very well off.
Tim
Old 09-03-2016, 09:36 AM   #5792

Winnebago Owners Club
Spritz, in the early 60's pontiac did a limited edition ( 1 or 2) of the gran marquis, it was an upgraded Bonneville. My friend's dad bought the car off the floor of the Chicago auto show that year.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:47 AM   #5793

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks I had to do a google search too pull up, now I remember.
Thanks a really sweet ride.
Tim
https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...b71o0&pid=15.1

and my 90 couldn't keep either dust freehttp://imganuncios.mitula.net/1990_mercury_grand_marquis_4dr_sedan_ls_9663532977 9510392.jpg
These are Pics I found to show the colors I had and not my actual car..
Tim
Old 09-03-2016, 11:43 AM   #5794

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon Gang,
Weather is getting better, we had a little sunshine this morning, but we have had a light rain since mid morning, weather is cooler(still hot for you northerners, lol) in the mid 80's.
Nice pics Tim, that is unusual to see a pontiac with 2-4 bbl carbs, they usually had 3-2bbls.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 03:23 PM   #5795

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Afternoon,

WOW, another beautiful sunny day with small white puffy clouds dotting the sky occasionally. Beautiful blue! It's around 73 degrees which seems cold after upper 80's most of the summer. 53 this AM and I grabbed a coat for the first time since May.

Jeff, I had L4, L 5 fused 23 years ago. Had C6, C7 fused 4 years ago after car accident. Neck has metal plate, 4 screws, and donor bone in it. I followed the doctors orders to the letter and have recovered well. The pain is there prior to spinal surgery and that pain keeps you in check. When they fix it, you feel so good that you think you can go ahead and get stuff done (especially since you haven't been able to do a lot of stuff) and that is when you hurt yourself so be careful please.

Frank, glad you and Rita are safe and welcome to the new kitty. Probably thinks it is in Heaven with catching a family like yours, good food, lots of petting, a warm place to sleep, and lots of love. Even if it has to put up with another cat. Look forward to meeting this one.

Wow Tim, nice cars that you got to see. I always love to see vehicles that old that someone has spent a lot of time and money into and loving them. They don't make em like that anymore and that is a shame.

Busy day today. Emergency room was full with leftovers from football game last night. Man, why do people get so drunk they can't function. We have been full for over 2 weeks and it has been heck on wheels. Sure hope it slows down soon.

Have a great day all, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 06:18 PM   #5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-12Mike View Post
Spritz, in the early 60's pontiac did a limited edition ( 1 or 2) of the gran marquis, it was an upgraded Bonneville. My friend's dad bought the car off the floor of the Chicago auto show that year.
I don't want to doubt you but I have owned 12 60's 70's Pontiacs and they were Grand Prix's unless the one you saw was a Canadian model as they named them differently, the US Catalina line was a Canadian Beumont I believe ! Could be wrong but I don't think so? Bobby