Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-03-2016, 06:24 PM   #5797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Good to see you back on the web Bobby. I recently bought a new computer with 10 and really like it. Have been having some problems with Edge (new Explorer) and this web site but Dell has pretty much fixed the problem.

Best to Sally and yourself. Prayers for a speedy recovery for her. Take care of yourself so you can take care of both of you.

Following the Dr. orders are just good common sense - tell her Dr. Dewald said that! LOL
Thank You so much Gordon, she is feeling a little better but I got up around 6 am and set up tables for a garage sale, mt'ed all the crap we stored in the MH and she overdid it a little today wheeling and dealing! Told her to go to bed as I will be unloading what is left tommorrow and filling the tables up with the last of the Hoarding house we inherited! I will be so happy when it is gone and what doesn't sell will be donated first , then put to the curb! Want to redo the interior of the MH and get ready for Florida or wherever we end up! Cheers, Bobby

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2016, 06:45 PM   #5798

Thanks to all for the well wishes for Sally! Hopefully we can end this pile of junk and get out on the road, our 3 4 legged buddies want to get out too, they are getting cabin fever now that we gave up the Glass Shop and are ready for adventure as am I!
Tim God Bless you only have 4 stents! My heart is in my throat every time Sally goes in for another one, seems there would be something better to do, but alas the government says when your 74 and become a problem we will discourage you from pursuing any extraordinary measures! Now Medicare says even if you are in a room with a tv/phone for 3 days , you are not admitted you are an outpatient under observation so they can charge you more! The lady in the bed next to Sally was given pain meds that they told Sally in front of me were too expensive for her , but were perfectly fine for the other woman as she was a Medicaid patient, not a Medicare one??????????? Seems unfair after paying into the "system" all these years and also paying over $465 a month for Medicare Supplement Insurance , Sally would be shortchanged?? Bobby

Old 09-03-2016, 07:42 PM   #5799

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening,

Bobby, the insurance thingy is only going to get worse after January 1st. They plan to raise costs of AHC by 57%. Co-pays and other costs will rise also. This was supposed to be announced prior to Nov 8th but they are holding off the announcement until after.

People have been put into an awful position and there seems to be no way out of it. I can only hope the right decision is made in our future.

Praying that the both of you get through this fine. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:22 PM   #5800

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
With regard's to the 1963 Pontiac Grand Marquis, I did find one on line this morning and it said on the trunk Pontiac Grand Marquis, But I can't seem too find it again.
I will post a Pic if I find it again.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:34 AM   #5801

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was very good today!
Bobby, I am with you on the Pontiac, never heard of that model, and I grew up with a really big car guy, my dad! Google could not find one either! Not saying that there was one made, maybe a concept car, for the auto show, or something like that! But not a production car!
Tim, I love going to the car shows, one of my favorites! Also, it does not count if you don't go to bed!!
Mike , just went back through the posts, and saw your post,, "Spritz, in the early 60's pontiac did a limited edition ( 1 or 2) of the gran marquis, it was an upgraded Bonneville. My friend's dad bought the car off the floor of the Chicago auto show that year." Clear's that up!
Frank, the 3 duce set up was way more popular, but they did have the 2 four set up too! Glad you made it through the storm, OK!!
Jeff, I am in the camp of "get it done" Just say'n!!
Gordon, glad you got the trees planted, and will make a nice wind break!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 09-04-2016, 07:00 AM   #5802

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Thanks Rail,
Yes I do remember Pontiac having 2-4bbls on one model. but it was rare.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:17 AM   #5803

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

IT’S LABOR DAY!!!
Okay now, breath, breath… deep slow breaths in-out in-out in-out… now visualize your cervix opening…

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. I poached that humor from today’s Pearls Before Swine comic strip. I guess I’m not very original.

I went to a Western Frontier Gun Show in Ruidoso yesterday. The focus was on wild west type guns and paraphernalia. I saw more lever action Winchester and Marlin rifles then I’ve ever seen before in one place. A lot of vintage handguns too, both breach and muzzle loading, as well as cowboy hats, western and riding wear and Indian artifacts. Nearly all the firearms were either original or high quality replicas, which I couldn’t begin to afford. It was a shame since I’ve been thinking of purchasing a .44 caliber replica Colt 6-shot percussion revolver. As an antique it doesn’t fall under the purview of the draconian and largely useless gun laws prevalent in states such as Illinois, New York and Kalifornia. I hadn’t thought of it at the time but such a firearm might even be legal in Canada for the same reason. I found that when I was hiking in Alaska and Canada simply having a can of bear deterrent on my hip didn’t feel nearly as reassuring as I’d hoped.

After the gun show I went to Can’t Stop Smokin’ BBQ for some bbq’d beef ribs. As usual they didn’t have any, but they took pity on me and gave me a small rack of three beef ribs left over from yesterday. Nice folks! Since I’d brought some beer with me in a cooler I went ahead and ordered beef brisket and pork ribs, YUMMM! I’ll have the beef ribs for lunch today in my RV. I sure wish I had more beer! You can’t buy beer around here on The Lord’s Day. I sure hate it having someone else’s moral values shoved down my throat! I guess they haven’t heard of the separation of church and state around here.

The folks at Can’t Stop Smokin’ giving me those beef ribs got me to thinking. In all my travels I’ve met almost no jerks, everywhere I go I run into friendly people. I must be truly blessed.

Steve

PS Tim, I sold Lincoln and Mercury cars for three years back in the early 1970’s. If memory serves me correctly the full sized Mercury’s were the Monterey (400ci V8), Marquis (429ci V8), and Grand Marquis (429ci V8). 460ci V8’s were optional in the Mercury’s and standard in the Lincolns.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:06 AM   #5804

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
currently 68,
coffee is good
We are at the farm and man its great to be back, My brother hooked up a 30 amp service for just us. He's telling me that come next summer the horses will be gone and the corral will be gone and he will level me a spot to park at.
I still haven't found that pic yet but I know I saw it yesterday on line. 63 Pontiac Grand Marquis (did I imanage it)I must need glasses this is the one I thought was a Pontiac.
http://static.cargurus.com/images/si...746770599.jpeg
My first car was a 1963 Merc Monterey $50.00 bucks

Frank Never had a car with 3 duce's, or twin 4 bbl,s and it's probably a good idea too. I got my first speeding ticket @ 16 in a Ford Ltd that my dad had as a loner, man was he pi;;ed off two.

Bobby your lucky, with my health, my Ins would have been around $975.00 per month. Needless to say I can't afford it so I have gone almost 5 years with no insurance, I pay for my meds and have been lucky that I have been well. I pay out of pocket around $3-400.00 a month for current meds.
I got picked up by a large Medical Company when I had the amputation as long as I go to there clinics they will accept 100% of what Medicare pay's as payment except for medications which in its self can put ya in the poor house or A vintage MH.
Now that I got my self depressed,
I'll sign off,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
Old 09-04-2016, 08:54 PM   #5805

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Thanks Rail,
Yes I do remember Pontiac having 2-4bbls on one model. but it was rare.
Frank
Yes Frank , that was on the 421 Super Duty cars , they made them with aluminum front ends and bumpers to run on the NHRA drag racing and on the Nascar circuit 1961 -1963. I love the big Pontiacs as I owned many rare ones . The rarest was probably the 1968 Grand Prix 428/375hp with a factory 4-speed , posi rear and full power options! Car would be worth today maybe 75-100g easy , alas my 1st wife junked it as it was out on the street and the registration ran out, I also had $800 worth of air tools in the trunk that she didn't know about and neither did the guys at the yard when I got there! Had to pay my friend for them! Was one of the reasons we got divorced , lol! Bobby
Old 09-05-2016, 12:26 AM   #5806

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee is very good today!
Tim, my first car was "almost" a 1958 Corvette, 283, 3 speed manual, air cleaner sticking out of the hood! My dad and I found it behind a car lot in Decatur, Il. for 500.00 dls! It was rough, but, still a Vette! We gave the guy 20 dls. to hold it, drove to Warrensburg to get the cash at home, I had been saving for years for my first car! Went right back to pick it up, it was gone! The guy gave us my 20 dls. back and just said, "Sorry" I thought my dad was going to deck him! I have never seen him so mad!
Second try was for a 1939 5 window Chevy business coupe! Could not get the guy to come down on his price!
Third try was for a 1966 GTO, and I screwed that up trying to get one over on my Dad! The Chevy dealer had 2 of them, 1 was a 3 deuce 389, the other one was a single 4 bbl. Both Red, both 4 speeds, and looked the same to me, so, I made a deal with the salesman, to show my Dad the 4 bbl. one, and I would go home with the 3 deuce, one! One thing I did not think about was the insurance, and the much higher rate, on the 3 carb model! And my Dad's keen eye! So, I went home with out either!
I ended up with a 1961 Chevy 4 door hardtop, with a cam'd 283, 3 speed on the floor, and 410 gears! It was a whole lot cheaper, 300 dls., and a great first car, and I learned a lot with it!
Bobby, if I remember right, Dodge and Plymouth had a alum. front end car also, in the early to mid 60's, set up for NHRA!
Also Tim, before I got my first car, my mom had a 1964 Mercury Comet, that I got to drive, and that was a quick little car, 260 cu. in. V-8, 2 speed auto. And if I remember right, that Monterrey hard top had the back slash rear window, that was power and went up and down!
Everyone have a great day! I have looked all through all of my pic's on this Laptop, and could not find one of my 61 Chevy! But I did find the original pic. and will put it on off my phone on the next post! Pic of a Pic, so to speak! Rail!
Old 09-05-2016, 12:34 AM   #5807

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Here is the 61 Chevy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1473053600291.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	138119  
Old 09-05-2016, 05:50 AM   #5808

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mornng,
Coffee is delicious,
currently 67 and raining/Thunder/Lighting since around midnight.
Love the sound of the rain on the Hot tin Roof of my PA.
Pretty cool rail
< My first gal I dated parents had a 1960 Biscayne White 6 cylinder 3 on the tree. The old man let me drive it as long as she was in the car. What a hoot. My brother had a 1963 Merc Comet he painted it with a paint brush. Yep he did. Awhile latter it burnt out on the side of the garage. Tried that lamp thing with a quilt over it on a very cold night, Poof burnt.
A high school bud had a 61 Biscayne he dropped a 401 in and man he could almost smoke the tires off the rear end. LOL
My 64 caddie can give me about 15 feet of rubber with the Posse kicked in. 429 4 bbl. I put a Edelbrock(sp) carb on just for kicks Not bad for a 21 ft .6 tank.
Yep the 63 Merc Monterey had the drop down back window, Electric. I think I wore mine out. Had a 390/ 4bbl

Well I'm parked pretty close to where I buried the PA after a rain storm back in July @ my brothers farm. So I think we will be staying another day instead of a repeat performance of that fiasco. Got to love this retirement thing.

Going too make a egg bake this morning w/Bacon and Farm fresh eggs, Hash browns maybe a turkey egg thrown in for good measure.!Its a holiday. The MH oven needs a workout.

Kind of excited to see how the paint job came out last night.
That's about it from here,
Those traveling today be safe,
Tim
Old 09-05-2016, 06:47 AM   #5809

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
One of my first cars was '60 chevy Impala convertible with a 348 and powerglide. Also had 2 different '58 Pontiacs and a '56 buick for a short time.
Bobby,
Now that you mention them, I remember the Super Duties with the aluminum front ends, they were rare and hard to come by, but they were awesome cars.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 08:05 AM   #5810

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!
It’s a beautiful sunny morning. In harmony with the sunrise I’m enjoying my third and last cup of morning coffee. Last night I sat outside in my lawn chair for nearly an hour viewing the nighttime western sky. People who live near large cities don’t realize what they’re missing, it’s so sad. The Big Dipper, Orion, the Little Dipper, and the Milky Way all spread across a black canvas with millions of stars splashed across it, punctuated by the occasional satellite busily chugging across the night sky. There’s something very peaceful and relaxing about the western night sky.
Steve