Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:20 AM   #5811

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Another beautiful sun shiny day here in MI. Another great summer day and coffee was pretty good too.

Steve, I agree about watching the sky. Not sure which is best, sunrises or sunsets. Love them both. In the morning when leaving for w--k the sky is beautiful with stars. I stand outside for a bit and just enjoy the view. Sometimes it is so clear that them just sparkle and shine brightly and it is simply beautiful!

I remember sitting on the edge of the North Rim of the Grand Canyon watching the sun set and would love to go back there to see that again. Amazing!

Love all the pictures of the old cars. I didn't own any but can appreciate the beauty of them. My favorite car so far was my Malibu Maxx. Wish I had never gotten rid of that one. Sweet vehicle, plenty of power for a 6 cydl. and sweet drive. Most times I can't tell one car from another unless I see what it is on the side.

Tim, the insurance thing is a huge issue and might only get worse with this election. I am w--king for insurance right now or I would be done already. I have had to many health issues to go without. My Brother has been without for years and it has about bankrupted him. So far the fine has been easier to pay.

Bobby, glad Sally is doing ok. Hope she continues to improve and that the two of you get to do some traveling in your near future.

Have a great day all! Lynne

beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2016, 12:00 PM   #5812

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning all. We escaped for a one night stay on the Oregon coast for those that have traveled the Oregon coast you know there is SO much to see for a very short 2 day trip. Left at 6am on Saturday morning and pull into the garage last night at 9:15pm. All was good until yesterday morning when I woke up not feeling well but luckily it was just a 24hr flu because I woke up this morning feeling MUCH better.
Speaking of old cars I'm very proud of my 1963 Mercury Meteor 2 door post custom trim. I believe their were only 2700 in this trim level at were made and most of them have been crushed. This car is 100% original with 120k miles. This was bought brand new by my Great Grandfather in California and has stayed in the family since day one.

Take care All.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P6191513.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	314.1 KB
ID:	138133   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6191517.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	302.1 KB
ID:	138134  

Old 09-05-2016, 07:12 PM   #5813

Thanx Lynne, we had a garage sale the last 2 days, Sally beat herself up the 1st day so I took up the slack the second one. Made $850 on junk that was mostly from the house we sold.! Took today off to recuperate! Going to bed soon as she is in bed trying to work all the meds and dyes they shot in her. Looking forward to a good day tomorrow! At least I can walk around the MH now as we used it to store all that junk, is a few boxes left and now i'll clean out my old work van and the garage and we will have one last sale before we take off with the MH! God i'm so looking forward to it! Will probably hang out till Feb till we leave as we will be Caravaning down with our neighbors down the block with them and their MH. Love and Health to all, Bobby
Old 09-05-2016, 07:52 PM   #5814
cwk

Good evening, all!

Nice and quiet holiday weekend. Cut the acre of grass. I'm glad we did not sell the John Deere lawn tractor last year. We thought about since we didn't know where we were moving. I don't want to even think about pushing a mower over an acre.

Bobby, Sounds like you had a great day with the sale! I'm jealous. We are still downsizing from our last move (a few months ago). We have had 4 days of garage sales so far, but we keep finding more stuff. Tell Sally to take care of herself and get some more rest so she can get better. That is what the doctor ordered, right?

octanefam, It sounds like the Oregon coast is well worth the trip. We should add this to our list for future reference (after we get a class A and we both retire). Glad you are feeling better.

I can remember back to driving my Dad's 1959 Buick Invicta. He bought it from the local garage owner around '67 or '68. The guy was single and never used it much. (He spent all of his time as a mechanic and co-owner of the Esso station with his brother.) It still had the clear vinyl on the back seat from the factory shipping. It was a blue 2-door hardtop with the fins at the back. IIRC it had the 401 cu in engine with a 4bbl carb. I do remember that two things happened when you put the pedal to the floor on the interstate: 1) you sunk back in the seat, even if you were already doing 60 mph, and 2) the gas gauge read lower when you let your foot off the pedal. It was a thirsty engine.

Arrrrgh! I hate CAPTCH!!! Fortunately I "copied" everything just before I hit Preview Post.

Now, where was I???

Frank, How are the park renovations going? I am guessing that the rain slowed things down for a few days. Congrats on the 2500 campfire.

Well, Labor Day is almost over. Hope everyone had a safe time.

Later...
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:17 AM   #5815

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee sure is good today!
Bobby, hope all the stuff leave's quickly, and hope that Sally is feeling better for your trip south!
Octane, that is sure a sweet 63 Mercury Meteor! Glad you are feeling better also!
Charles, those were really big heavy cars back then, and surprisingly they were pretty quick too!
Steve, one of the things I used to do was sit out at night, and watch the stars! Growing up in rural Illinois, we always had a good view, but as I got older, it kept getting dimmer and dimmer, with all the light pollution! When I moved out to Az. in "73", I got to enjoy the night sky all over again, when we would go out in the desert, or climb up a mountain, and South Mountain Park, was a favorite place to ride up and watch the sunset, and enjoy the evening!
Lynne, I was very glad to get the Gov. insurance here in Thailand, because Jira was a Gov. employee, and her mom also gets the same insurance too! It is a 80/20 plan, but they pay for just about everything, so, we are very lucky! Out of the prostate robotic surgery and the 6 weeks of radiation treatment, all the Dr. visits, blood work, private room, everything, our cost was about 1K US dls. I hate to think what that cost would have been in the U.S.? I shudder when I here the costs of the health care back home! And the wait times too? Just to get in to see the Dr.?
Well I hope everyone is great and feeling good, and those on the road be safe! Rail!
Old 09-06-2016, 07:16 AM   #5816

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Charles,
The park is really torn up, looks really bad, but they are making progress. After they get all the storm , sanitary and water lines in, it will come together quickly. The rain really slowed them down last week, and the poor workers had to hose off the mud everyday, just to be able to get into the vehicles. They are back to work today, they will have to pump out the catch basin holes to be able to finish them.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:17 AM   #5817

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Hope all are well or healing. I made a week long trip to visit my mother and sister at the LSHB ranch orchard RV resort outside Gatesville. My brother was there also. We had a good visit, got to play 42 dominoes with our mother twice, a real hoot. Finished the shower pan replacement, had to get matching paint and then install and seal. I celebrated by taking off all my clothes and standing on the new shower pan for about ten minutes. Great shower. The pan is now firm under foot and no leaks. Will still be a while before I can get out on the road in the MH, need to clean the outside of the radiator and CAC again, it was running a little hot when coming back from Glen Elder State Park in Kansas last July. And a little repair and clean up and repaint of the turquoise paint and can hit the road again. Maybe a trip to the Texas coast to visit family is in my future. Well need to sign off and get to the chores on my list for today. Everyone stay safe.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:19 AM   #5818
bap

goodmorning from ole Kentucky,,,--I just put in a 14 hr drive this nd,,the son,grandsons and I made a long trip up into ohio to go to the renosonce fair(spelling not right I'm sure..lol) had some great jousting competions and eryone there in period correct clothing,,,,my son makes some great chain male and armor,,..then right after that it was time to take sis back to Louisville,,--soo I sit here in a daze as I type this...lol,,but man it sure was worth the driving

anyway is great to see everyone is well and sally is feeling better.....prayers for everyone of you....

jeff
Old 09-06-2016, 08:42 AM   #5819

Good morning all from Moab, Utah!

We have been so busy with this Jeep rally we have had to use the alarm everyday! Yikes! Up early, get to the staging area and line up for the trail you signed up for. There are over 100 different trails here alone,,,, for this weekend the club worked about 20.

We made many new friends, and had a great time. Our little Jeep did great. other than dirty and a few scapes on the bottom she is ready for more.

The rally ended yesterday, today we head north to Vernal, Utah about 235 miles away. We plan to stay at the Walmart, restock the kitchen and get some rest. Wenesday we take a 15 mile drive to Dinosaur National Monument which should be fun to tour. Not sure where we are staying Wednesday night, will make that up as we go.

Hope everyone is doing well!!! Have a great day. Lloyd
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:08 AM   #5820

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s a beautiful sunny morning. I’ve been hired to replace the little 3-cylinder engine in the RV park owners Smart car. I hope the new engine arrives today, I’m getting itchy feet!

Lloyd if you’re up in the area of Dinosaur NM you might want to visit Craters of the Moon NM in southeast Idaho. I first saw it in 1978 on a geology field trip. It’s an otherworld surreal landscape that’s well worth seeing and it even has a small inexpensive campground associated with it. The nearby town of Arco has an interesting history as well.

The inside of a Craters of the Moon lava cave.

I’d better get going; I need to get some serious hiking in. I’ve really been falling behind in the exercise department lately. My inner sloth has been taking me over in ernest! Seeing as how I’m at the “use it or lose it” age I can’t let that happen.

Steve
Old 09-06-2016, 10:19 AM   #5821

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Steve - I understand about the use it or lose it. My conundrum is if I use it I will lay it down somewhere and won't remember where I put it. So I have adopted the "nobody moves, nobody loses" philosophy! LOL

Janet is off with a bunch of her Red Hat friends for a "retreat" in Jasper so I am unsupervised for three days. Trying to get out to dig an old raspberry bed and replant it. It is well over grown so a good cleaning is in order. Cool, cloudy and occasional sprinkles so will not get overheated. Rained overnight so everything is really wet.

Starting to seriously think about heading south for the winter. Going on a campout with a RV group we belong to in a couple weeks and will be firming up a departure date after we return from that. By then the garden will be ready to take off and do the last lawn mow.

Hope everyone has a grand day.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:27 AM   #5822

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Man I got hit again, rather long post. poof its gone
So poof so am I.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:45 PM   #5823

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon Gang,
Lloyd, glad that you guys are having a good time, tell Deb that Rita is glad that her knee is doing so good.
Steve,
You sure do come up with some GREAT pics.
That's all for now, later gang,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:52 PM   #5824

Winnebago Owners Club
Tried to dig the raspberry bed but too wet. Just making mud pies so decided to wash and wax the stacker. Need a taller step ladder!